PDA

View Full Version : Music: Fruityloops

Terracosmo
Mon, 07-17-2006, 08:30 AM
As in the music-making program. I was hoping that I'm not the only one here who uses it.. maybe we could discuss it and share music and shit.

Also half the reason I started this topic is because I have 'loops related question. I've enabled the option of binding my keyboard to the piano roll, so when I hit the keys they will produce different sounds and stuff. So my question is basically, is there any way to actually record this? Because it seems all you can do is hit the keys.. I want to be able to record melodies using the keyboard. Any help and discussion is encouraged.

IFHTT
Mon, 07-17-2006, 09:47 AM
Yes you can record it but it's a pain to record with the keyboard. To record from keyboard just hit the record button (to the right of the stop button, it'll be orange if it's active) and click play. It'll start off a short metronome count so you get the beat, then it will go into playing the song/pattern and it will record anything that is played via keyboard. I just don't like recording with the keyboard because it's easy to get sloppy and off time.

I just dabble in FL as a hobby, and I don't really know a lot about it, but I've made a couple things here or there that I was pretty happy with. I mainly mess around with the string patches and various Sytrus instruments for fun.