View Full Version : Mobile Suit Gundam Seed C.E.73: Stargazer

darkshadow
Fri, 06-09-2006, 11:58 PM
Dunno if it was mentioned already, but here is a little preview to stargazer:
http://www.megaupload.com/nl/?d=5Q405UJX
:D

Yukimura
Wed, 06-14-2006, 11:32 PM
Here's a short promo torrent I found, don't know if it's the same one as above, but I dislike megaupload so maybe other people do to. Stargazer Promo (http://www.mininova.org/get/335545)

mage
Fri, 06-16-2006, 10:18 AM
Dunno if it was mentioned already, but here is a little preview to stargazer:
http://www.megaupload.com/nl/?d=5Q405UJX
:D
That has some pretty sweet music in it.

Yukimura
Sat, 06-17-2006, 03:50 AM
Aparently Gendou.com didn't like that I posted the link to the song, so i'll just post the link to their site and you can dl it from there, not really sure how this is different other than your succeptible to the ads that the don't have this way...but they don't seem to mind it so whatever.

Gundam Seed Stargazer Music (http://gendou.com/amusic/?filter=Gundam+Seed+Stargazer&match=2)

darkshadow
Mon, 07-10-2006, 06:05 PM
Behold the gundams
http://www.seed-stargazer.net/mechanics/index.html

masamuneehs
Tue, 07-11-2006, 01:01 AM
Behold the gundams
http://www.seed-stargazer.net/mechanics/index.html

cookies for the person who can translate this ;)

yummy virtual cookies...

well i sort of like the X105E and the X1022, but I'll have to see them in action and learn more about them before I can make any real call. Still, those two models look pretty cool. Don't quite care for the keychain gundam or the funky masked gunner one.

i can smell the oil from the churning model kit assembly line all the way inJapan.

Goingin
Sat, 07-15-2006, 11:40 AM
First ep of Stargazer (http://bt.nanashi-fansubs.com:2710/torrents/b95f70806bb87d343bad20ae082f6986635124e3.torrent)

Yukimura
Sat, 07-15-2006, 12:17 PM
Finally the next installment has arrived, and boy was it bad! 16 minutes for the first installment...meaning the entire series will probably occupy about 48 minutes, aka 1 real OVA. I don't know if this is a promotion to sell modle kits or what, but there was very little in this to write home about. The only +'ve in my opinion was the former major, who's courage and poise were quite respectable. Interesting how fast you can come to like a charachter and then feel bad when you watch him die.

And what the hell was up with the little kids in the GINN! Not even just on,e but a whole gaggle of em????

Aeon
Sun, 07-16-2006, 09:19 AM
Edmund was pretty cool, never thought I'd see a tank take out a Ginn. And after seeing how horrible Destiny showed the EA soldiers it was nice to to see them actually doing good. Argh at having to wait till Aug18th to see Strike Noir in action.

masamuneehs
Sun, 07-16-2006, 10:04 AM
Finally the next installment has arrived, and boy was it bad!

very correctly, if bluntly, stated.
There is really nothing new here at all. Some shadowy glimpses of re-hashed MS, the typical, cookie-cutter character archtypes, and SEED's annoying 'black and white' portrayal of war.

14 minutes of disappointment. I agree with Yuk above, this installment is way too short to actually be any good. The most well-introduced character is already dead and we don't have jackshit on the rest of the cast.

And after seeing how horrible Destiny showed the EA soldiers it was nice to to see them actually doing good.

Too bad they had to villanize another group in showing how 'good' the EAF could be... They tend to portray the conflicts in black and white. There's always a side the viewer clearly is supposed to identify as 'good' and another as 'evil', every time. That's the one problem with recent Gundam series, that really wasn't there at all in the original (although it did start to surface as early as Zeta, in the Titans).

I really don't expect anything out of Stargazer know that it's 1/3 over. It was cool to see how people on the ground dealt with the Break the World incident, although the Zala Remnants just killing everything that moved like madmen was stupid. (You'd think they'd take advantage of the confusion to grab a military base, or a space port, but instead they just want to kill some civilians?)

What I did like was the cold, neutral portrayal of the OMNI pilots and Dullindal's speech, feigning innocence. Seeing all that shit happening, hearing his perfectly delivered speech and knowing that he was behind it all just makes you appreciate how much of a bastard he is...

Rickbee
Sun, 07-16-2006, 03:47 PM
I am back new gundam new stuff to talk about.

WTB more bang for my bandwidth.:D

Church
Mon, 07-17-2006, 11:30 PM
Woot... more [bad] things to watch and waste time!!!

kenren
Thu, 07-20-2006, 11:36 PM
so..the kids went seed mode and destory the city? LoL

Meehlimo
Fri, 07-21-2006, 02:36 AM
them lil kids in the ginn was just weird in my opinion.

Chicken Man
Wed, 08-02-2006, 08:11 AM
Yo.... anybody have the torrent links for part 2??

So far i onli manage to get hold of part 1.... :(

kenren
Wed, 08-02-2006, 09:31 AM
second part will be out on 15th....relax.

Chris_Xion
Sun, 08-06-2006, 10:14 AM
The animation is the best i've seen,this doesn't need DivX to be so bright and sharp

RedX1z
Sun, 08-06-2006, 10:47 AM
i thought the first episode was alright, the animation was great and the ending music was awesome, but the character developing need a lot of work. like most of you said, we don't know shit about the characters.

i hope that it'll get better in the second episode, keyword is "hope" here.

Terracosmo
Tue, 08-08-2006, 12:52 AM
Well finally got around to seeing it, which might be seen as strange if you know of my love for Seed. But hey...

Not much to see here. Death, action and a likable character that died quickly. Promising, but way too short. Just like I thought it would be.

a total of around 45 minutes for a "series" is not even remotely enough. Too short to be an OVA, way too short to be a TV Series, hell, even way too short to be a movie. Stupid.

Good ending music though. <3

Phoebus
Tue, 08-08-2006, 10:42 AM
Agreeing with u Terra...WAAAAY to short....fun...but short...

Chris_Xion
Thu, 08-10-2006, 08:15 AM
MS IGLOO aired a second volume because it got overwhelming fan demand.So,if we like the first 3 episodes,and there are a lot more people who do,then chances are they can also expand on Stargazer.I just don't know about the whole Stargazer MS business,cause what the hell does an elite black ops unit like Phantom Pain whould waste time on a civilian agency huh?Unless ZAFT gets into the picture and steal the Stargazer,that could be the backstory to the sudden appearance of beam shields and positron reflectors on both sides of the war

Where can i get the music that was featured in the end?

Leucer
Mon, 08-14-2006, 04:59 PM
http://gendou.com/amusic/?filter=Gundam+Seed+Stargazer&match=2

here u can download the end music

darkshadow
Tue, 08-15-2006, 02:14 PM
http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN945074

:O

Chris_Xion
Sat, 08-19-2006, 11:58 AM
Damn,i need to register to download it,any other places to try?

qenrahao
Sun, 08-20-2006, 05:10 AM
it's ED so sweet

Illrenmazou
Sun, 08-20-2006, 10:40 AM
Here's a review of ep 2 with some screenies Review (http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2006/08/18/gundam-seed-ce-73-stargazer-02/)

LaZie
Sun, 08-20-2006, 01:09 PM
I see those druggies made cameo appearances in this episode....

Rickbee
Tue, 08-22-2006, 12:10 PM
Ayone know if Episode 2 is subbed yet??

Harima Kenji
Tue, 08-22-2006, 07:30 PM
released not too long ago:
Click (http://bt.nanashi-fansubs.com:2710/torrents/292c8e491133ae8892cb1307440d942af5c63592.torrent)

darkshadow
Tue, 08-22-2006, 08:49 PM
stage 2 by Mendoi:
http://www.mininova.org/get/403751

edit: sry i thought above was from nanashi, since its on their tracker.

edit: .....stage 2 = awesome ( i wont spoil yet), so far stargazer is pretty damn good, why the hell is it so short!!

Yukimura
Wed, 08-23-2006, 12:52 AM
Indeed, this was a pretty cool piece of animation...i'm not really sure what to call it . But the shortness is making it move way to fast, destroying potential charachter development. If it was just supposed to look cool they should have made it all battles, and if it was supposed to be a balance they should have made it longer. But the action was nice, and the little backstory we got was interesting, so all in all the only problem I see is the shortness, and the sacrifices it demands.

Souryusen
Wed, 08-23-2006, 11:03 PM
Wow... most horrifying cockpit death ever. Made me squirm a little.

kooshi
Thu, 08-24-2006, 01:28 AM
Wow... most horrifying cockpit death ever. Made me squirm a little.

I agree. Heck, she even saw those blades thrashing around her head! Reminded me of those zombie movies where a bunch of zombies start eating some guy's guts who's unable to do anything about it.

Illrenmazou
Thu, 08-24-2006, 03:02 AM
Mudie's Profile (http://www.g-seed.com/index.php?action=star_mudie)

"Excels in Close-combat" my ass.

kenren
Thu, 08-24-2006, 05:05 AM
heh , so they belong to blue cosmos? i want all of them to die -_-

Souryusen
Thu, 08-24-2006, 08:18 AM
I agree. Heck, she even saw those blades thrashing around her head! Reminded me of those zombie movies where a bunch of zombies start eating some guy's guts who's unable to do anything about it.

Yeah.. that whole scene smacked of being helpless and knowing EXACTLY what is gonna happen next.

On a side note... Yzak frowns upon this early Duel destruction. This must have been equivalent trade for the Duel being the only GAT-X to make it through Jachin Due unscathed.

kooshi
Thu, 08-24-2006, 08:17 PM
Mudie's Profile (http://www.g-seed.com/index.php?action=star_mudie)

"Excels in Close-combat" my ass.

Just because someone excels in something doesn't mean that they're able to survive all the time :D She was simply caught by surprise and taken down very quickly.

Chris_Xion
Fri, 08-25-2006, 07:32 AM
Man,the battle scenes were awesome,but it's waaay too short...

gr3atfull
Fri, 08-25-2006, 09:44 AM
Too short and I wonder how episode 3 will end.

RedX1z
Fri, 08-25-2006, 08:00 PM
they belong to the blue cosoms, eh? leading me to believe that they'll all share the same fate as all those druggies, death. since we don't know too much about them, they might as well share the same fate.

Terracosmo
Fri, 08-25-2006, 08:28 PM
Haven't actually watched stage 2 yet (I'm being slow because the shortness of the "series" fails to pique my interest), but druggie cameos and death sounds interesting. *instant download*

It's really a shame that it's so short, indeed.

Man, a Duel being taken out that easy... just like Souryusen said, Yzak FROWNS! Hmph

Prediction for stage 3; black guy dies, Sven is emo and survives to the manga.

Edit: Okay I saw it, really good stuff, it felt like they got a lot done in so little time. Mudie's death was indeed rather harsh by Gundam standards, with tears and all, enough to make you react. I liked the whole "Sven's past" montage, gave a little insight to how they "educated" the kids and made them killing machines. Cameos are always nice too.

But there seems to have been a major timejump between episode 1 and 2, since 1 took place during the Junius 7 crash, and 2 took place when Auel is dead and Stellar has just been retrieved from Shinn (since only Sting is nearby and she's in a coma)...

Chris_Xion
Sat, 08-26-2006, 10:22 AM
So Mudie is really dead?Yucks,that's a pretty horrible scene where those BuCUEs act like wild dogs.I thought she just went unconscious before because i only watched the BakaTeam sub and didn't get what they were saying in it.

Aeon
Sat, 08-26-2006, 11:01 AM
Just watched ep 2, it was pretty good. The highlight was of course seeing Stellar:D. I guess ep 3 will be the end of war with everyone fighting in space.

kenren
Sat, 08-26-2006, 08:22 PM
yeah...was hoping to see shinn..he might appear in stage 3 ! =)

Chris_Xion
Sun, 08-27-2006, 05:36 AM
Strike Noir would totally own Impulse if Sven fought Shinn

masamuneehs
Sun, 08-27-2006, 12:04 PM
short, but ever so sweet.
Phase II had alot of stuff in it that I really liked. Sven got some background, but it's hard to understand still what he's actually thinking throughout.

Mudie's death. Now THAT should be the way all mobile suits go down! It reminds me of a certain moment in End of Evangelion, the mech just being raged on over and over. All that armor always gets cut through so cleanly, or shit bounces right off (depending on who is piloting it and if they're important to the story or not...), but I liked the way her Duel took damage. Much more 'realistic'.

Good music in this. The flashback had some really fitting music in it. The EAF/Blue Cosmos' training of the kids was excellent to see. I think that was the best part of the entire show so far. The resigned inhumanity of the refugee camp attack gets second nod.

I honestly couldn't give two shits less about the DSSD people. They should have just stuck with Sven and his unit for this incredibly short series...

Mashux7
Thu, 08-31-2006, 08:28 PM
Anyone knos if Aone gonna sub the three eps just like the other two series of Seed?

Meehlimo
Thu, 08-31-2006, 11:17 PM
Anyone knos if Aone gonna sub the three eps just like the other two series of Seed?
They already have been subbed well the first 2 anyway by [Mendoi]

DragonBladeX
Thu, 09-07-2006, 09:45 AM
What actually did scare me in stage 2 about those Bcues where how those pilots were trained to take down mobile suits. The usual seems to gunning for the cockpits (except for Kira's and Athrun's case) in which the pilots die a fiery death or cockpit intruments exploding. I would also think that the attack inflicts more of a psychological pain on the pilot should he/she happen to survive if the attack were interrupted sooner. This takes gundam cockpit deaths to new levels.

Meehlimo
Fri, 09-29-2006, 07:53 PM
Stage 3 was pretty good best in my opinion and stargazer can do alot more than one might think.

Raw Link.http://p.greedland.net/download.php?t=2006/09/29/1159537586.torrent

Chris_Xion
Sat, 09-30-2006, 11:14 AM
I take it the subs aren't out?

Meehlimo
Sat, 09-30-2006, 04:49 PM
No not at the moment.

Chris_Xion
Sat, 09-30-2006, 09:51 PM
It is the greatest,but the length of the entire series is just too short.Hell the character development isn't so good.In Phase 2 Sven was out for Coordinator blood and all that brainwashing then she didn't react violently when he saw Selene.Great dying scenes though.Hope they expand this like IGLOO

DragonBladeX
Sun, 10-01-2006, 02:56 AM
I have not watched stage 3 yet, but I was kind of expecting Sven to not kill Selene, since shes all passionate about space exploration like Sven was before he got brainwashed and went all anti-coordinator. Sven still has reservations about killing coordinators, unless its an enemy on the battlefield. Even Shams has to remind him that the scientists can be killed regardless of their mission.

Chris_Xion
Sun, 10-01-2006, 03:55 AM
The 2 main characters survived...

Illrenmazou
Sun, 10-01-2006, 06:37 AM
^I dont think so...

Spoiler heavy, click at your own risk (http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2006/09/29/gundam-seed-ce-73-stargazer-03-end/)

Chris_Xion
Sun, 10-01-2006, 11:36 AM
Awww man,i didn't get what they were crapping about,and i totally missed the part where Sol found them,shit must've missed them

gr3atfull
Wed, 10-11-2006, 07:24 PM
What is happening with the sub? Will it ever come out? Are they having problems with the raw or are they busy with another show?

Terracosmo
Thu, 10-12-2006, 04:48 AM
What, the black guy survives? Amazing!

Having read SPOILER, I can't help but to wonder what the manga will be about...

Meehlimo
Thu, 10-12-2006, 06:40 AM
I thought I saw him get killed then the astrays picked his suit apart....

Chris_Xion
Thu, 10-12-2006, 07:44 AM
He died the final death...no way anybody can escape his MS being blasted to pieces by Astrays like that.FYI i 'm not sure if Selene and Sven died cause that's not confirmed

Meehlimo
Thu, 10-12-2006, 10:13 AM
No one said Selene and Sven died dont have a clue where u got that.

Chris_Xion
Fri, 10-13-2006, 08:22 AM
Eh? I recall somebody replied me that they died and that synopsis website gave me that inpression...their life support went dead shortly before they arrived back on Earth orbit,but i alwasy thought they survived.Where are the subs when you need them...?

Chicken Man
Tue, 10-24-2006, 07:30 AM
can any1 advise me where to get the fansub for e last episode?? watch e first 2 but couldnt find e last 1. Thks...

Yukimura
Tue, 10-24-2006, 09:04 AM
Uhhmm, the GSD SEs and StarGAYzer is being "worked" on,
and Kaen is still in Mejico.
From the looks of things it will be out sometime in the near future.

Yukimura
Sat, 11-11-2006, 02:42 PM
Stargazer EP 3 by Mendoi (http://a.scarywater.net/mendoi/%5BMendoi%5D_Gundam_SEED_CE73_Stargazer_-_STAGE_III_%5BC1B81648%5D.avi.torrent)

Finally it's over...poor animation quality, plot holes aplenty and a lack of anything other than a lonely chick and a depressing ending. But at they'll sell more model kits.

Vegechan
Sat, 11-11-2006, 02:54 PM
He died the final death...no way anybody can escape his MS being blasted to pieces by Astrays like that.FYI i 'm not sure if Selene and Sven died cause that's not confirmed

This is Gundam SEED. You don't assume a pilot is dead unless you seen the pilot actually die. Just seeing the suit destroyed is not enough.

Harima Kenji
Sat, 11-11-2006, 08:10 PM
This episode really sucked.. Some shots were so short that you could hardly see what was happening.. Strike Noir hardly does anything and Verde Buster's pilot acts like an idiot.

Is it just me, or does the Stargazer run on a non-duracell AAA batteries? (Same for Verde Buster)
As far as the model kits go, only the Strike Noir looks cool to me.. the rest isn't worth my money.

RedX1z
Fri, 11-17-2006, 10:05 PM
Finally it's over...poor animation quality, plot holes aplenty and a lack of anything other than a lonely chick and a depressing ending. But at they'll sell more model kits.

what can you do? it's not like we didn't see this coming. how else would they end such a short series? anyways, i second that of what you said.

6Zabuza9
Sun, 11-26-2006, 05:57 AM
there needs to be more :'(

Chris_Xion
Wed, 12-20-2006, 11:44 AM
I for one,hope they remake it into a full length series,maybe 13 episodes in length

masamuneehs
Wed, 12-20-2006, 11:19 PM
I for one,hope they remake it
Yeah fucking right :rolleyes:

let the dead horse lie. I love Gundam, but I am hoping they aren't going to bark up this tree anymore, that they start putting their monies and struggle to build, from the ground up, a new Gundam series.

certainly a bigger effort, something way larger than Stargazer

edit - bringing a crazy Swede back into the fold, nice to see you around again psj

PSJ
Thu, 12-21-2006, 07:48 AM
You come back after a long break from Gotwoot and you find this. I want to see this so bad even though you guys say it sucks, which i'm sure it does.

Hi to all of you, if any of you remember me.

Psyke
Thu, 12-21-2006, 08:13 AM
It doesn't live up to the Seed name, and that's why nothing's been heard about extending it or even a new series after it.

And yes, of course we remember you PSJ. Welcome back! :)

PSJ
Thu, 12-21-2006, 10:22 AM
Thank you Psyke.

Just saw the first ep. In my opinion it wasn't THAT bad. Okey it sucked that the only decent character this far got killed and that the gundam pilots look incredibly boring. Can they really fuck it up in just 3 episodes?

Chris_Xion
Thu, 12-21-2006, 12:19 PM
They fucked up in the end.But at least i just bought Zeta Movie I and got hooked enough to download the rest and forget about Stargazer's last ep

Welcome back,PSJ!

PSJ
Fri, 12-22-2006, 12:44 PM
Just saw ep 2. So far i don't think it is that bad. This would have potential if the show was a full lengther. I'll just have to get the last ep now.

Yukimura
Fri, 12-22-2006, 02:21 PM
Welcome back PSJ! Anyway I thought there was enough content to make even the three eps entertaining. I mean...everyine die's that's got to count for something. The biggest flaw I recognized was the lack of suficient backstory. It's not really nessecary, but it would have given the story more completeness and credability.

PSJ
Fri, 12-22-2006, 03:59 PM
After ep 3 i didn't think this was that bad. They managed to give some backstory to at least one of the EA trio for once. Sven had a fair share of development, this could work as a full length if they keep going. Bring in some more interesting characters and keep the old SEED characters away as much as possible.

I have one problem with the Stargazer mechas though. They got 5 million weapons each. Beamsabres coming out from everywhere exept their ass. If they could bring down the mecha designs a notch it would be pretty good. This was really a problem in Destiny also though.

Chris_Xion
Sat, 12-23-2006, 11:24 AM
The EAF fucking need these mechas.Their hordes of grunts do nothing but die in the hundreds everytime there's a battle and their commanders don't even have the brains to assign elite Phantom Pain units to lead the grunts.If they could pump out 11 Destroys,no reason they couldn't build a lot of the better Daggers or the GAT-X suits

darkshadow
Sun, 12-24-2006, 11:43 AM
Its called..........Plot Device......DUNDUNDUN >_>

Chris_Xion
Mon, 12-25-2006, 09:51 AM
Then it's a silly plot device

PSJ
Wed, 12-27-2006, 05:01 AM
It worked perfectly in other shows with normal suits having one or two weapons but kids these days are idiots and can't appreaciate a fine story so they need ridiculous suits with mega weapons for it to be interesting.

Chris_Xion
Wed, 12-27-2006, 03:23 PM
Can't agree more with ya'.I really hope the SEED movie can offer salvation

Darth Zin
Wed, 12-27-2006, 05:12 PM
i think if u need story then try the old gundam stuff, and all the zeta and double zeta stuff, and don't forget GS which had an amazing story, all the other stuff is to help all the gundam fan calm down ^_^

Terracosmo
Mon, 03-26-2007, 05:53 PM
This is old news, but I'm bumping this to state that Stargazer is the worst piece of crap I've ever seen and I hate everybody involved for wasting time on a 40 minute long series with less entertainment factor than watching paint dry. Yay for pointless deaths and nonexistant plot.

Yes I know I said ep 2 was good some months ago but adding it all together, no.