PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 315

RyougaZell
Thu, 07-13-2006, 08:58 AM
RAW is Out.

Here (http://server.mynetsearcher.com/manga/index.php?path=Naruto%2FRecent+released/)

Translation (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=5978.0)

Wow...
this chapter looked kinda dull with just the raw.
But after seeing the translation it changed completely.

Kage Bunshin is sick!! And Naruto is an idiot for never noticing its true potential!

Sasuke has two elements... Fire and Thunder.
While Naruto's element, Wind, really isn't a surprise since he can use Rasengan. But I kinda was expecting him two have two, as Sasuke.

xDarkMaster
Thu, 07-13-2006, 09:06 AM
A lot of people guesses it would be this type of training. I'm a little disappointed. :(

As for wind, I want to see what Naruto can come up with!

Jadugar
Thu, 07-13-2006, 09:25 AM
Some people just don’t have any imagination.

It seems appropriate that Naruto’s chakra is wind element and that’s how he is going to counter Sasuke’s Fire and lightening elements jutsus.

I sincerely hope that kishi gives Naruto a completely new justsu and not some variation of his previous moves but I am very hopeful. Seeing what kishi has done with new atatsuki characters, I am very interested.

RyougaZell
Thu, 07-13-2006, 09:34 AM
This Kage Bunshins training method will only help him learn the new jutsu faster.

Like Jadguar I hope he gets a new jutsu. Not based on Rasengan, but a completely new one.

Check the little Hidan-Kakuzuu-Zetsu cartoon posted on www.leafninja.com

EDIT:
post 500, w00t.

mage
Thu, 07-13-2006, 09:45 AM
Heh, someone predicted that the training would go this way two weeks ago, but everyone dismissed it because it sounded so dumb.

DDBen
Thu, 07-13-2006, 10:12 AM
I have no real issue with the training its certainly better then using the sharingan for it in my eye's atleast it really shows why the jutsu would be forbidden in the first place. Also I'm not positive Sasuke has 2 elements he knows a lightning move but that can be based on training rather then a natural affinity and it wasn't stated he has 2 just that chidori is a lightning based jutsu.

Naruto being wind makes sense as thats what I imagine the 4th Hokage was as well considering his nickname as Konoha's flash(or something similar to that atleast).

RyougaZell
Thu, 07-13-2006, 10:56 AM
Konoha's Golden Flash was the 4th's Nickname.
Him developing Rasengan would state his affinity to wind as well.

kAi
Thu, 07-13-2006, 11:19 AM
As someone mentioned this training method is certainly better than using the sharingan. A new jutsu would be awesome and not something made over the rasengan, but this is Naruto and he is as dumb or dumber than a brick.

I wonder how long it will be before the Akatsuki arrive, and then time for Naruto to save some people with his ultra-awesome-most-ultimate-no-jutsu.

EDIT to below:
Yeah, it reminded me so much of that, Kishimoto must've seen it, and is taking it to that extreme.
About the flash.

Assertn
Thu, 07-13-2006, 11:36 AM
I have no real issue with the training its certainly better then using the sharingan for it in my eye's atleast it really shows why the jutsu would be forbidden in the first place. Also I'm not positive Sasuke has 2 elements he knows a lightning move but that can be based on training rather then a natural affinity and it wasn't stated he has 2 just that chidori is a lightning based jutsu.
1) These lines speak for themselves:
"Naruto: So Sasuke's matched with both Fire and Lightning, then?
Kakashi: You , on the other hand, are a zero."

2) Also, it only took Sasuke a month to learn chidori.

I couldn't help but think of that flash animation that openly mocked how insanely long it takes to explain anything to Naruto.

ChaosK
Thu, 07-13-2006, 12:06 PM
So, he's going to be doing jutsus they do at the hidden sand village? For example, that air blade thing the guy did.

Elessar
Thu, 07-13-2006, 12:35 PM
(In reply to assertn)

Yeah, it's just naruto not understanding. The clan has an affinity for fire chakra, therefor "the uchiha jutsus" are traditionally fire and every uchiha (including sasuke) learned them. After 200 chapters, we get the conclusion to Kakashis "you are of the same type as I am" line - Sasuke is chakra type lightning. The difference between "make a fireball with your chakra" and "make your chakra be a fireball".

So, manipulating your chakra into something else, with else being the element of your type, looks like it's the easiest manipulation possible. Transforming your chakra itself into lightning, you end up with chidori. Transforming your chakra itself into fire, I guess you end up like the human flame from fantastic 4. With wind.... err, flying?

On a sidenote, another nice thing: the anti-sasuke loophole Kishimoto opened himself. Naruto has at least twice the amount of chakra as Kakashi has, and it could become 100 times Kakashis chakra, if Yamato keeps the nine-tails in check. So, if you use your own strength and do not rely on the strength of others, your capabilities evolve (Orochimaru's seal anyone?). Meaning: (a) Naruto hurts his own development if he fights in kyuubi mode => we may have the chance to see a lot more not-kyuubi fights (b) at the end of the manga, when Sasuke and Naruto fight their final fight, if Naruto breaks Orochimarus seal, then Sasuke will be weakened considerably, because if he used it a lot, it will have hindered his own development.

Overall, nice storychapter. After the last random-killings chapters a big leap in the right direction.

[Edit]Thinking about it again, relying on an external source, one might even strengthen that external source instead of oneself. This (a) explains Kakashis "you won't get any stronger if you rely on this evil seal" and (b) why Narutos seal weakens and the kyuubi gets stronger - it's because Naruto fought as with kyuubi chakra all the time, so, while naruto held his own strength level, the kyuubi got stronger. So he will gain more control over the kyuubi again, if he trains his own chakra. Well trained and with a huge ass amount of chakra, I really can see naruto controlling the nine-tails. I might, one day, get to see a kyuubi-summoning after all :D

Yukimura
Thu, 07-13-2006, 12:42 PM
Very Interesting, but it doesn't really make sense, how is having 1000 people learning different aspects of something to be brought togeather (I'm assuming that's the plan) going to help if all 1000 are idiots of Naruto's calibur. I'm sure i'm reading too much into this, but it still doens't make sense.

EDIT: @elessar: Sasuke being lightning might also explain his early difficulty with Gokakyu, obviously you can learn any type of manipulatuon with enough practice though (The Third). And who knows maybe they'll bring in Temari or someone to teach him about air...lol unlikely.

Elessar
Thu, 07-13-2006, 01:20 PM
Very Interesting, but it doesn't really make sense, how is having 1000 people learning different aspects of something to be brought togeather (I'm assuming that's the plan) going to help if all 1000 are idiots of Naruto's calibur. I'm sure i'm reading too much into this, but it still doens't make sense.

EDIT: @elessar: Sasuke being lightning might also explain his early difficulty with Gokakyu, obviously you can learn any type of manipulatuon with enough practice though (The Third). And who knows maybe they'll bring in Temari or someone to teach him about air...lol unlikely.The third... well, as I said before, I'm still not convinced creating a fireball with your chakra is the same as converting your chakra into a fireball. Remember Saskuras chakra-traing at the beginning of the manga. Everyone has all 5 chakra types, mixes them and uses that energy to create something. You learn that at the academy. Converting the nature if your chakra itself from chakra into something else is a totally different matter. But yes, one very likely can learn jutsus that relate to ones affinity more easily.
This would explain Sasukes hardship with the great fireball, Narutos success with rasengan and even Kakashis inability for rasengan/yellow flash (wrong type!). And boosts the third, being able to learn high class element jutsus from elements of not his type.

To your problem with the bunshin training.... yes! Absolutely YES! This would work for Kakashi. Create 2 bunshins, try something out, feel the chakra flow. Cancel the bunshins, learn that A resulted in X and B resulted in Y. Conclude that a little bit of A helps B and if you then try C, you might get the outcome you desire. Create bunshins again and try that out. Naruto is too dumb to grasp logical conclusion like that :(

Knives122
Thu, 07-13-2006, 01:22 PM
I suprised at myself, I actually enjoyed the ch. quite a bit. I sort've get what's going on with the "Kage Bushin I learn everything that person does).

I think all the Bushins + Naruto will be doing the same thing. And once they re-combine naruto will have the knowledge of what every Bushin did(like the rock/paper/scissor match). So if Naruto is smart enough, he'll be able to figure out how to make it work(like he did with Rasengan). But hopefully it'll be something completely different from what we've seen before.

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 07-13-2006, 01:26 PM
Pretty funny, so naruto's a wind element type. Wonder if he'll wind up fighting the little bald kid from that Nickelodeon anime. It still annoys me to no end that the two minutes he spent with kakashi is worth more then the 2.5 years of training with Jiraiya. At least now we have a justification for Sasuke's chidori powered lighting shield.

Death13a
Thu, 07-13-2006, 01:59 PM
Well Kakashi is a genius but it still surprising Naruto didn't learned anything with Jiraiya.

And other thing that suprises me is that Nine-tailes is actualy weakens Naruto's chakra. So that what Nine-tailes meant when he told to open seal to become even stronger. But how much does Naruto realy has chakra if Yamato suppress Kuuby and Naruto will have 100 times more then Kakashi but Yamato isn't First so he isn't able to suppress (i would say:) half of it and i betting even First wouldn't be able to suppress entire Kuuby's chakra.
Here just a theory but isn't container should be equal or greater to content that is inside of it?
So how much Naruto has his own chakra to that would still be 2 time more then Kakashi?

xDarkMaster
Thu, 07-13-2006, 02:10 PM
315 MQ Scanlation (http://www.nanwob.net/naruto/315_Scan_BCheng.zip)

Yukimura
Thu, 07-13-2006, 02:12 PM
Naruto's chakra isn't what's holding Kyuubi in, and I think it was mentioned that Naruto's chakra hs been slowly mixing with Kyuubi's since the sealing process which might explain his high natural chakra, the red Kyuubi chakra not being mixed in and absorbed but temporarily added to his own when he gets all angry. And Yamato is a clone (biological) of the First, so he should have all the genetic traits the first did and with the First's knowledge, if it was recorded, and his own experiance to guide him, I wouldn't assume that he couldn't do what the First could if he worked at it enough.

Assassin
Thu, 07-13-2006, 02:25 PM
it still annoys me to no end that the two minutes he spent with kakashi is worth more then the 2.5 years of training with Jiraiya. At least now we have a justification for Sasuke's chidori powered lighting shield.

whatever happened to "that jutsu" which naruto was never supposed to use (back when they first went after akatsuki). was it just the 4-tailed kyuubi?

bxgreatone87
Thu, 07-13-2006, 02:34 PM
Nope no one knows what "That Jutsu" is,but we do know its not 4tail mode.

Anyway about this capter kishi just makes naruto seem dumber everytime. Its as if he is as smart as a 5year old. How can some one become hokage if they dont know anything and need every little thing explained to them.

I was wondering why not use that paper for all the new ninjas that come into the academy, this will allow them to train using there strengths lol.

mage
Thu, 07-13-2006, 02:59 PM
I was wondering why not use that paper for all the new ninjas that come into the academy, this will allow them to train using there strengths lol.
because kishimoto just made this shit up on the fly. he probably hadn't even thought about it when he first started writing the manga.

BlitzRonin
Thu, 07-13-2006, 03:00 PM
Yeah I can't believe that he didn't even know that there were five element types...but then again Kishimoto might have just decided to take it in this direction recently.

Although as others pointed out, Kakashi said Sasuke was the same type as him ever since the Chuunin Exam. Then again he could have just meant they both had the Sharingan and were amazing talented.

It was kind of predictable, Naruto being wind...but if he would have been water everyone would have been "OMG, Naruto's related to the 2nd Hokage!"

Although with him being a Wind Type....and the Rasengan being a jutsu invented by the 4th Hokage....that is another piece of evidence (which at this point is getting piled up a bit high).

If I recall, Baki has a killer Wind attack...that is what did Hayate in, but that might be too violent for the Shonen lead hero to use.

Divinity
Thu, 07-13-2006, 03:02 PM
Hmm.. Kind of cool, but at the same time kind of lame because they could have introduced this whole 5 element crap at the beginning of Naruto instead of 300+ chapters later?

And yeah... This whole learning thing makes training with Jiraiya seem pretty pointless...

And yeah what mage said.. Kishi probably just made up this bullshit along the way.... it's getting really dumb if you ask me...

Jadugar
Thu, 07-13-2006, 03:04 PM

Anyway about this capter kishi just makes naruto seem dumber everytime. Its as if he is as smart as a 5year old. How can some one become hokage if they dont know anything and need every little thing explained to them.

OMG

You have learned how to do paragraphs. This is the first time I have read your entire post.
Keep it up.

To become the Hokage you will need to inherit the will of konoha. It doesn’t matter if you are a genius. What really matters is that you have the best interest of Konoha at heart.

Also you need to go through basic ninja training before you can specialize in certain fields just like we do our education in the real world. Does that make any sense?

Sidnne
Thu, 07-13-2006, 03:06 PM
whatever happened to "that jutsu" which naruto was never supposed to use (back when they first went after akatsuki). was it just the 4-tailed kyuubi?

That would be yet another one of Kishi's unresolved plots.

I'm kind of annoyed that an entire chapter was spent on explaining to Naruto how his primary jutsu works. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't care how strong Naruto becomes if he is always going to be a bumbling idiot that needs everything explained to him all the time.

Also, while I guess its neat to see that Naruto is wind-natured, I think its kind of dumb to introduce individual elemental attunements at this point in the story. IMO, it is something that should have been introduced much earlier on in the story and I fear that introducing it now will only bring about speculation as to each character's chakra nature and more unresolved plot lines.

BlitzRonin
Thu, 07-13-2006, 03:11 PM
I don't think it's that bad. From a writers perspective, do you blame him for not wanting to be tied down to a system like this?

I mean...this could get kind of complex if you think about it.

Like HxH's system (Kishimoto must like this manga) where they put a leaf in a cup of water and the people channel their energy through it to see what type they are...

From there they can look at a chart and see where they fall and can cross train- study in different types next to them on the chart to get maximum potential.

mage
Thu, 07-13-2006, 03:22 PM
OMG

You have learned how to do paragraphs. This is the first time I have read your entire post.
Keep it up.

haha yeah, I was really surprised that I was actually able to reply to one of his posts with something other than "learn how to write."

Assertn
Thu, 07-13-2006, 05:42 PM
The 5 elements of jutsus was introduced back in the "forest of chakra" scene during the wave country arc, when kakashi explained about chakra manipulation in-depth. This is not a new concept for the series.

we do? :confused:

NeoCybercoin
Thu, 07-13-2006, 06:04 PM
Wow so he's wind huh? I wonder what Sakura is.

bagandscalpel
Thu, 07-13-2006, 06:13 PM
Wow so he's wind huh? I wonder what Sakura is.

Interesting question, I'm really inclined to say, "Flowers and butterflies- y'know, weak elemental stuffs."

But, that wouldn't be doing her justice after the 3-year jump. I think she, like Tsunade, is earth-based (extreme power, healing, etc.).

By the way, isn't "space, or emptiness" considered an element in the Japanese system?

RyougaZell
Thu, 07-13-2006, 06:42 PM
Silence. Void.
I believe it is.

Dosei (Saturn) is Silence star.
Kasei (mars) is Fire star
Kinsei (venus) is Gold star... no clue here
Suisei (mercury) is Water/Ice star
Mokusei (jupiter) is woord star (although thunder is also associated here)
Ten'ousei (uranus) is wind royal star
Kaiousei (neptune) is water royal star
meiousei (pluto) is... no clue

err.. that was kinda off topic...

Sakura being earth isn't farfetched... with her abnormal strenght and everything

edit:
correction to mokusei

Sidnne
Thu, 07-13-2006, 06:50 PM
The 5 elements of jutsus was introduced back in the "forest of chakra" scene during the wave country arc, when kakashi explained about chakra manipulation in-depth. This is not a new concept for the series.

we do? :confused:

The 5 elements of jutsus is not new, no. But each character having their own natural attunement to a specific element, or having "elemental-natured" chakra is.

Early in the series, the characters all used elemental jutsus, but the element tended to correspond with the village or country they were from. Zabuza using mist, Haku using ice, Gaara using sand, Baki using wind, Uchiha using fire, The sound trio using sound, etc.

Meteros
Thu, 07-13-2006, 07:02 PM
Like HxH's system (Kishimoto must like this manga) where they put a leaf in a cup of water and the people channel their energy through it to see what type they are...

From there they can look at a chart and see where they fall and can cross train- study in different types next to them on the chart to get maximum potential.

i was totally waiting for someone to bring up the hunter x hunter reference. what a ripoff.

bxgreatone87
Thu, 07-13-2006, 07:41 PM
First of its not a Jutsu really so thats one reason i believe 4tail mode isnt "That Jutsu". Also he talked to kakashi about the 4tail mode and how he can stop it why would he say "that Jutsu" if he was gonna explain it to kakashi. I think he didnt say the name of it because it a secret fobiden technique.

Many people have also ssid and believe 4tail mode isnt "That Jutsu" so im going by the most reasonable explanation.

RasenDori
Thu, 07-13-2006, 08:06 PM
off topic: god, people are still on that whole "tailed kyuubi mode being that justu" thing? seriously... if there was something else that was "that jutsu" would we have seen it by now? if naruto has soemthing other then the super kyuubi mode thats badass enough for jiraiya to tell him not to use it for "that justu" then why the heck is he training to come up with a new move? i said it before, but i will say it again: justu translates to "techneque" its not a word that only refers to ninjutsu. bijuu transformations are a techneque used by jinchuuriki.

on topic: i thought the training was a rip off of hunterxhunter too. but i was kinda hoping to yamato do it. his skill doesnt fall into basic five, and neither does sandiame kazekages. i wonder how the paper reacts to people with abnormal chakra properties.

Assertn
Thu, 07-13-2006, 08:18 PM
First of its not a Jutsu really so thats one reason i believe 4tail mode isnt "That Jutsu". Also he talked to kakashi about the 4tail mode and how he can stop it why would he say "that Jutsu" if he was gonna explain it to kakashi. I think he didnt say the name of it because it a secret fobiden technique.

Many people have also ssid and believe 4tail mode isnt "That Jutsu" so im going by the most reasonable explanation.
When speaking on behalf of the community, you shouldn't use choice words such as "I think" and "i believe"

Likewise, many people have also said and believe 4tail mode IS that jutsu.
Jiraiya isn't going to teach Naruto a forbidden jutsu and then say "don't use that jutsu"

What's the ripoff? Coming up with a traditional method to discovering the biological capacities of a fictional character in a supernatural world? Oh yeah, HxH must've taken the rights to THAT one.:rolleyes:
For the record, this doesn't differ too much from jiraiya's "chakra rotation" test with naruto's hairline to see how Naruto's chakra naturally rotates through his body.

bxgreatone87
Thu, 07-13-2006, 08:48 PM
Just a though what element is kyubbi's chakra (i think fire right?), can't naruto have 2 elements then also when he uses kyubbi chakra. Yes i know they dont want him to use that chakra but still always there to use in a very last result.

Teki
Thu, 07-13-2006, 08:58 PM
On another note, is releasing the clone different from having the clone destroyed? Because if they are the same thing, then wouldn't the rapings of naruto's clones by enemies over the entire series go back to him and cause him severe pain or death?

Actually, now that i think about it, i think releasing the clone is different from getting it destroyed by an enemy. I refer back to the beginning of the series where naruto tried to catch kakashi off gaurd and then punch him but kakashi used the switching technique thing and made all the narutos fight each other. And after cancelling all his clones, we see the real naruto all bruised and stuff.

Also, countless times we see narutos clones go poof when hit and the real naruto doesnt seem to feel anything.

I guess i might have answered my own question...:p

LaZie
Thu, 07-13-2006, 09:01 PM
Finally, a good chapter for this week.

BlitzRonin
Thu, 07-13-2006, 09:05 PM
i was totally waiting for someone to bring up the hunter x hunter reference. what a ripoff.

Yeah...the paper and the water and leaf comparison can't be called anything else but a rip off.

I'm glad someone else caught it...I thought I was going nuts.

I mean these five elements aren't original at all, because EVERYONE uses them in some way for a combat system, but the method of finding out which you are is pretty much ripped off from HXH.

xDarkMaster
Thu, 07-13-2006, 09:05 PM
On another note, is releasing the clone different from having the clone destroyed? Because if they are the same thing, then wouldn't the rapings of naruto's clones by enemies over the entire series go back to him and cause him severe pain or death?

Actually, now that i think about it, i think releasing the clone is different from getting it destroyed by an enemy. I refer back to the beginning of the series where naruto tried to catch kakashi off gaurd and then punch him but kakashi used the switching technique thing and made all the narutos fight each other. And after cancelling all his clones, we see the real naruto all bruised and stuff.

Also, countless times we see narutos clones go poof when hit and the real naruto doesnt seem to feel anything.

I guess i might have answered my own question...:p

I think the reason Naruto was hurt there was because he was fighting with the clones, so he probably got hit also.

Sidnne
Thu, 07-13-2006, 09:14 PM
Yeah...the paper and the water and leaf comparison can't be called anything else but a rip off.

I mean these five elements aren't original at all, because EVERYONE uses them in some way for a combat system, but the method of finding out which you are is pretty much ripped off from HXH.

I think its a bit over the top the call it a blatant rip off. All of the manga and anime incorporate aspects of Japanese culture and mythology, and are inspired by one another. That is one of the things that makes them great.

So, yes, there are going to be many noticable similarities in the mangas. But I would not call it a rip off just because you saw it in another manga before seeing it here. Chances are it did not originate in HxH anyway.

Teki
Thu, 07-13-2006, 09:39 PM
I think the reason Naruto was hurt there was because he was fighting with the clones, so he probably got hit also.

I guess that could be it but i dont know if he by himself would have his face that messed up by the clones but to have the bruises of the clones add up onto him. O well... might be thinking too much into it heh.

Terracosmo
Thu, 07-13-2006, 10:26 PM
Looks like Kishimoto ripped off Multiple Man!

RasenDori
Thu, 07-13-2006, 11:36 PM
lol, maybe. but doesnt multiple man generate more clones when hit? if only naruto could do that.

RyougaZell
Thu, 07-13-2006, 11:57 PM

[sarcasm mode ON]

Oh noes!! Naruto ripped Ranma 1/2 since Ranma first had a Sasuke who was a ninja!!!1111

And they also ripped Card Captor Sakura... they had a Sakura first!!!

And Kishi ripped Orochimaru from harry potter!!111 its actually voldemort!!!

Kidoumaru is a ripoff from Spiderman when he got six arms!! Oh noes!!!

And they are ripping dragom ballz because of the number of episdes!! the hax0rxx!!

They are ripping kenshinz throne of fillers!!

[end of sarcasm]

enough said

PS: spelling errors are intentional.

mage
Fri, 07-14-2006, 12:09 AM
RyougaZell, didn't I tell you to finish learning English like two weeks ago? Jeez.

RyougaZell
Fri, 07-14-2006, 12:17 AM
RyougaZell, didn't I tell you to finish learning English like two weeks ago? Jeez.

Didn't you read the last line?
Jeez:D

PS: Don't care about what you think btw ;)

TOPIC:

I was just remembering... wasn't there a metal element?

mage
Fri, 07-14-2006, 12:29 AM
Didn't you read the last line?
Jeez:D

PS: Don't care about what you think btw ;)

TOPIC:

I was just remembering... wasn't there a metal element?
I don't think anyone has had a metal element jutsu.

RyougaZell
Fri, 07-14-2006, 12:32 AM
I don't think anyone has had a metal element jutsu.

I can't remember where I saw that one... but if there isn't one then its just my mind playing tricks on me. (must get sleep)

mage
Fri, 07-14-2006, 12:33 AM
One enemy in a recent filler used magnetic attacks, but that's all I can think of.

Sidnne
Fri, 07-14-2006, 12:57 AM
One enemy in a recent filler used magnetic attacks, but that's all I can think of.

Isn't that a rip off of Magneto?

TheNineTails
Fri, 07-14-2006, 01:14 AM
This is the most retarded shit i ever herd...

Does it REALLY matters if its a rip off or not? just enjoy the show for how it is god damnit... i dont mind if they rip it off or not as long as you enjoy it its all good...

msmush
Fri, 07-14-2006, 02:03 AM
gah naruto is so dumb. first 9 pages " huh? i dont get it " but im interested in what the jitsus gunna be like :D but can a dumbass like naruto do it?

Yukimura
Fri, 07-14-2006, 02:54 AM
I must agree with NineTails...kinda, at this point just about everything worth doing has been done by someone somewhere so claiming ripoff is almost like saying 'don't give us anything unless we haven't seen it before!' Unfortunately this would probably lead to shit we haven't seen b/c it's stupid before new shit that's actually good.

I can't think of an anime that didn't either make me think of at least one other anime or made someone else think of at least one other anime and post about it (I thought NGE was alone before I heard about RahXephon for example)

As for Naruto, sure many ideas are comming from random places, but it's the story created from the ideas that we should focus on. However Kishi seems to be relying more and more on tired plot devices and as a result the story suffers and thus we have something to complain about.

Psyke
Fri, 07-14-2006, 06:36 AM
Heh, someone predicted that the training would go this way two weeks ago, but everyone dismissed it because it sounded so dumb.

This was exactly what I thought of as I read this week's manga. How ironic as I confess to thinking it was a silly idea.

Anyway, on the chakra type, all of us should have expected Naruto to be a wind-type when he farted in Kiba's face.

Knives122
Fri, 07-14-2006, 10:22 AM
I sort've expected it when he learned Rasengan.

But this whole element type thing explains alot about the Hokage battle during the chuunin exam.

docdan63
Fri, 07-14-2006, 03:33 PM
i just got back into the manga, man did i come back at a good time. I can't believe how good 315 was. I didn't know about the elemental types, neat thing to know about. I'am suprised to see naruto's was wind though, and that sasuke had 2 types, and naruto had one. I'm really interested to see the new secret training technique in action. Also, didn't anyone else notice that Kakashi could make naruto stronger than he is in less than a week, lol. Anyway great chapter and can't wait to see what happens.

Elessar
Fri, 07-14-2006, 06:01 PM
So exactly where do all you people read, that Sasuke has a natural affinity of the same amount (or it would be one again) to two types?

Naruto _asks_ if Sasuke has two, and that question _isn't_answered_at_all_. It is stated that in the Uchiha clan there were exceptionally many people with fire affinity and that Kakashi is lighning, therefor chidori. Sasuke being able to learn chidori and further developing it, means he is most likely lightning - _NOT_ fire. He learned fire jutsu, because they are an Uchiha trademark. He can, until proven otherwise, not transform his chakra into fire.

mage
Fri, 07-14-2006, 06:50 PM
Sasuke had a lot of trouble learning Goukakyu in his flash back compared to Itachi. Whether that's because he isn't a fire type or Itachi is just much better than him is unknown, though. I'd say the evidence would suggest that he's a lightning type and not a fire type, but learned the Uchiha's traditional fire techniques.

Assertn
Fri, 07-14-2006, 07:02 PM
So exactly where do all you people read, that Sasuke has a natural affinity of the same amount (or it would be one again) to two types?

Naruto _asks_ if Sasuke has two, and that question _isn't_answered_at_all_. It is stated that in the Uchiha clan there were exceptionally many people with fire affinity and that Kakashi is lighning, therefor chidori. Sasuke being able to learn chidori and further developing it, means he is most likely lightning - _NOT_ fire. He learned fire jutsu, because they are an Uchiha trademark. He can, until proven otherwise, not transform his chakra into fire.

"Naruto: So Sasuke's matched with both Fire and Lightning, then?
Kakashi: You , on the other hand, are a zero."

You can overanalyze all you want, but there IS such a thing as answering a question with a different, but relevant response. If you asked someone how old they are and they tell you they will be turning 21 next month...wouldn't that answer your question just the same?

Not only that, but kakashi says naruto is a zero, even though we know that he is capable of learning wind. This suggests that their use of the term affinity does not mean "what you are naturally attuned to", but rather "what you have trained your body to mold chakra into"

mage
Fri, 07-14-2006, 07:18 PM
Not only that, but kakashi says naruto is a zero, even though we know that he is capable of learning wind. This suggests that their use of the term affinity does not mean "what you are naturally attuned to", but rather "what you have trained your body to mold chakra into"
He was referring to Naruto as a zero because his affinity was unknown. Did he magically turn from a "zero" to a wind by doing the paper test?

How can 'affinity' mean "what he has trained his body to mold chakra into" when we find out he has an affinity to wind, but has never done any training that would give him that affinity? Each person is probably born with a certain affinity.

Knives122
Fri, 07-14-2006, 08:14 PM
Yeah, I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm agreeing with mage. Each person is probably born with one of the five elements that they naturally are able to learn at an easier pace then others.

There could be instances though when a person can be attuned to more then one element, like Sasuke, but eventually they end up leaning toward one of the two.(which could explain why Sasuke has trouble learning fire jutsu when he was younger and how he was able to advance in using his chidori)

bxgreatone87
Sat, 07-15-2006, 12:44 AM
it seems everyone is born with an element,but you can learn other elemental jutsu like the third hokage. Also we have seen countless times kakashi doing diffrent elements even though he just copied that doesnt mean u gained an affinity to the element.

Most likely you are just better with your certain element and can advance it further then others

Assertn
Sat, 07-15-2006, 03:12 AM
He was referring to Naruto as a zero because his affinity was unknown. Did he magically turn from a "zero" to a wind by doing the paper test?

How can 'affinity' mean "what he has trained his body to mold chakra into" when we find out he has an affinity to wind, but has never done any training that would give him that affinity? Each person is probably born with a certain affinity.

I think you misinterpreted my post...

No, naruto didn't turn from a zero to a wind by doing the paper test, he's still a zero until he actually performs a wind jutsu. I was trying to make a distinction between capacity and natural alignment.

Also, anyone who agrees with mage yet admits that affinities can be "learned"... congratulations, you just contradicted yourself.

Naruto_Fan
Sat, 07-15-2006, 06:15 AM
ah~ anyway, can't wait to see what kishimoto comes up with...

i think he's losing that magic touch he used to have. the storyline is getting awfully cliche and poorly paced...

Zidarri the Exile
Sat, 07-15-2006, 03:56 PM
Guys, get your handy, dandy Neg Rep Slapsticks out!

I thought this chapter was just to make it longer. It wasn't as boring as the others, but it wasn't entertaining either. I want to see the fuckin' trainin' already!

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 07-16-2006, 12:47 AM
Honestly compared to the train wreck of the whole finding Sasuke Arc I can't help but think that these past few chapters have been quite good. Think about we've had more story progression in the past five chapters then the entire 30-40 chapter road to sasuke arc. We've seen 2 new atkasuki members as well as a Jinchuuriki (even if she only lasted two chapters) and naruto is finally going to learn a new jutsu (I'm really starting to think that the fourth tail was most likely "that jutsu" that Jiraiya spoke of so long ago) now if only kishimoto could go back to writing 19 pages a week like every other self-respecting shounen jump artist I'd be niffy spiffy.

Kensee
Sun, 07-16-2006, 05:04 AM
So, is this manga planning to make Naruto powerup immensily? If he's going to constantly train with 1000 clones out, that means in one day he would of trained the equivanet of 1000 days, which is 2.7... years.

In one week, Naruto gets 19.2 years wroth of training ...

I'm not complaining, I'd rather have Naruto get stronger and power up a lot with new moves and such, but I'd like for him to stray away from the foolishness and childlikenss. He could mature a bit more up and become more skilled and stronger as a Ninja.

Don't cha think Naruto should make a few more clones ... say like instead of 1000 maybe 1100, then use the extra ones to go around the village and train with other ninjas. Hey, if he gots a way to make himself more strong and skilled, maybe should use it to improve himself.

Could be the start of the age of the Naruto, with him as Hokage.

Hakeem_21
Sun, 07-16-2006, 07:25 AM
This chapter was very interesting with the hole kage bunshin training and i really hope Naruto powers up alot with it, its not fun if he is just as crappy as before despite 2.5 years with Jiraya and this training.

About the hxh rip off thing, i have read and seen many shonens none of them used this see your element thing before HXH so its really a ripoff.

chet_chetty
Sun, 07-16-2006, 02:59 PM
with the "zero" thing, I think Kakashi was just talking shit to Naruto to light a fire (no pun intended) under Naruto's ass. comparing Naruto to Sasuke always seems to do the trick.

Knives122
Sun, 07-16-2006, 03:26 PM
Zero = Blank slate, to me at least.

Hakeem_21
Sun, 07-16-2006, 04:29 PM
Yeah its clear what Zero meant.

About the new akatsuki guys, i hope they are pretty powerful and we get to see some of it,cause we never saw much Itachi and Kisame.

Gnompf
Sun, 07-16-2006, 07:09 PM
i wonder how faster it is with hes clones... like a clone is not good like the orginal Person.
A clone is like 1/10 ?

but i think he is going to learn really fast and drinking some pina cola under the time ;)

Assertn
Sun, 07-16-2006, 08:17 PM
i wonder how faster it is with hes clones... like a clone is not good like the orginal Person.
A clone is like 1/10 ?
You're referring to the mizu bunshin.

SilentSnake
Mon, 07-17-2006, 04:27 AM
Now that we were told about elements affinity it makes me think of sharingan and its' abilities as insane. Does anyone remember exact words to describe capabilities of sharingan ? It was something like "reading the way how the jutsu is being performed" or something like that, or am I wrong? If so, then we have 2 possible options:

1. Sharingan can copy any jutsu without caring about all the affinity stuff.

or

2. Sharingan can make it a lot easier to learn other jutsus because of its' functions.

Probably the second version is correct, but it still gives me a whole new level of respect for sharingan;)

Hakeem_21
Mon, 07-17-2006, 06:51 AM
Sharingan is really bull he can add to its power every chapter without actually explaining how it is the way it is.

dragon608608
Mon, 07-17-2006, 07:08 AM
About the hxh rip off thing, i have read and seen many shonens none of them used this see your element thing before HXH so its really a ripoff.
what is wrong with you? are you sure you never read the element thing before HXN? What about flame of recca? Mar? etc. are they all ripoff too? Common this element thing really old to the world. Plus the 5 elements: Fire, wind, water, lighting, and Earth. They are not really Japan's 5 basic elements but more like Greece because the 5 basic element in Japan should be, Fire, wind, water, wood, and earth.

bxgreatone87
Mon, 07-17-2006, 08:33 AM
Just forget about all this copying crap. All anime takes ideas from other anime. if u look at any anime you can see things from one of the first major ones DBZ all the time. All anime is influenced by the first ones to come out and use ideas from each. Not much can be done if everything had to be diffrent from the rest its impossible cause we would have run out of ideas years ago.

Sidnne
Mon, 07-17-2006, 04:21 PM
I think a perfect example of this rip-off business would be when Marvel Comics tried to sue City of Heroes for copyright infringement because too many of the CoH characters resembled Marvel characters.

The courts ruled that Marvel had covered such a wide base of powers, names, and appearances in its comics and as more characters were created, new ideas were becoming ever more scarce, that similarities and resemblances were inevitable.

bxgreatone87
Mon, 07-17-2006, 04:33 PM
I think a perfect example of this rip-off business would be when Marvel Comics tried to sue City of Heroes for copyright infringement because too many of the CoH characters resembled Marvel characters.

The courts ruled that Marvel had covered such a wide base of powers, names, and appearances in its comics and as more characters were created, new ideas were becoming ever more scarce, that similarities and resemblances were inevitable.

exactly anime has been around so long not many new ideas are out there. so you're always gonna see some simalarities.

ChaosK
Mon, 07-17-2006, 09:41 PM
Guys, I don't exactly see how Sasuke has two. I think he has fire as inherited from his blood of being an Uchiha. Learning Chidori/Raikri (I think that's how it's spelt) was just Kakashi teaching Sasuke a killer move, I think that Kakashi's element might be thunder, however Sasuke's remains fire because I don't see him using any other techniques besides Chidori as a "thunder technique"

mage
Mon, 07-17-2006, 09:53 PM
Guys, I don't exactly see how Sasuke has two. I think he has fire as inherited from his blood of being an Uchiha. Learning Chidori/Raikri (I think that's how it's spelt) was just Kakashi teaching Sasuke a killer move, I think that Kakashi's element might be thunder, however Sasuke's remains fire because I don't see him using any other techniques besides Chidori as a "thunder technique"
He used two different lightning jutsus the last time we saw him fight, but no fire attacks. Coincidence? Maybe.

Prof. Chaos
Mon, 07-17-2006, 10:01 PM
As people said earlier. Sasuke is probably Lightning, thats why he is able to learn Chidori so quickly. That is his affinity. However being a Uchiha he went through and learned all the fire techniques of his clan.

This isn't too hard to understand. Because of his clan heritage, he knows fire, but his natrual ability is towards lightning, thus he is capable of having 2 elements. Just as the 3rd Hokage did earth, fire, wind, and water juitsus during his fight with Orochimaru, nothing different from Sasuke now.

*note: I only read the first page.

Hakeem_21
Mon, 07-17-2006, 10:05 PM
Who cares about how many affinitys sasuke has, he is ultra strong now as the bad guys usually are.

Now is Naruto's turn to become stronger and show what he can other than rasengan.

LobsterMagnet
Tue, 07-18-2006, 12:25 AM
Looks like the bushin training is going to serve as the naruto equivalent DBZ hyperbolic time chamber. I'm just happy that Kakashi isn't using the MS sharingan as a device to speed up Naruto's training.

Yukimura
Tue, 07-18-2006, 02:06 AM
Hakeem is right, a lot of us are getting really worked up over this two element thing, but we should remember the only person to say Sasuke had two elements was Naruto, who doesn't know shit. He probably thinks you have to have the affinity to do the jutsu, because thinking that you can learn anything you put your mind to is just too hard.

Anyway, what really maters is the training. Will Kakashi just teach Naruto something he already knows, or will he tell Naruto to try different things with the different clones. ..Randomly throwing together hand seals to see what happens seems like a very Naruto method, though I have no idea if this would do anything at all.

samsonlonghair
Tue, 07-18-2006, 02:38 AM
...Randomly throwing together hand seals to see what happens seems like a very Naruto method, though I have no idea if this would do anything at all.

I've always been bad at math, but I'm pretty sure that even with one thousand Narutos it would take a while.

There are twelve hand seals. When you use them you don't use the same one twice on a given jutsu. (I think that's right; correct me if I'm wrong. I don't remember it being said speciffically; this is just from observation.) Different jutsu have required different number of seals.

If he was using a jutsu that required four hand seals for instance:
12!4 = 12*11*10*9 = 11880

That's more than eleven thousand different possibilities. A five hand seal jutsu would be even more:

12!5 = 95040

You get the idea. Sure, some of those are bound to be "hits", but the overwhelming majority will be "misses".

Terracosmo
Tue, 07-18-2006, 02:54 AM
I like how all of you think about a hundred times deeper into this than Kishi himself probably does.

mage
Tue, 07-18-2006, 06:12 AM
The reason we have so many questions and have to speculate so much is because Kishimoto doesn't think into it at all.

Hakeem_21
Tue, 07-18-2006, 06:30 AM
Haha exactly. We have to act like there is something deeper than his random writing.

Yukimura
Tue, 07-18-2006, 11:13 AM
Well I've also seen several complex jutsu that used the same seal Twice, ie the ones Zabuza used and the Curse Sealing Jutsu Kakashi used on Sasuke. My comment was more of a joke, because I strongly doubt Naruto could remember a complicated sequence of seals anyway. I was impressed that he retained the five for summoning.

Teki
Tue, 07-18-2006, 01:04 PM
Maybe each element tends to lean towards a certain number and type of seals used. Knowing what type Naruto is may cut down on redundant combos and make his training go faster.

bxgreatone87
Tue, 07-18-2006, 01:43 PM
Come on naruto isnt brain dead not to remember a set of hand sighns. He even got the sighns right for the summon on his first try. What naruto lacks is chakra control and the abiliity mold his chakra.

When he was learning rasengan he kept improvising on the technique to get it to work. To me that shows that he has the ability to learn new moves just in a diffrent way or variation to others.

Hakeem_21
Tue, 07-18-2006, 04:49 PM
Its getting very old that people think Naruto is uber dumb just cause he says something dumb once in awhile.

mage
Tue, 07-18-2006, 04:50 PM
He's pretty dumb.

Sidnne
Tue, 07-18-2006, 09:08 PM
Its getting very old that people think Naruto is uber dumb just cause he says something dumb once in awhile.

Says something dumb once in a while? He says something dumb every chapter and does something dumb every battle. Its not what he says that makes us think he is dumb, its that he doesn't have a clue and needs to have everything explained to him all the time.

It was ok early on, we get it that Kishi was trying to make him like Goku; kind of goofy, but always had a brilliant strategy when it came time to fight. But Kishi has gotten away from that persona. Naruto hasn't done anything impressive strategically in a long time and has been dumbfounded on too many occasions.

It is very justified that people think Naruto is dumb, because that is how Kishimoto has allowed it to play out.

narutosharingan
Tue, 07-18-2006, 10:52 PM
Ok, so Shannaro came out with 315, and their translation says if they DON'T keep kyuubi in check, it would be 100x greater chakra. That makes more sense than the other translation where it said it would be 100x greater WITH it in check.

Assertn
Tue, 07-18-2006, 11:11 PM
so you're saying it makes more sense for kakashi to say:
"Well, you have 100x more chakra in kyubi form, so we're going to bring yamato here to make sure that doesn't happen"

Honoko
Wed, 07-19-2006, 12:12 AM
Well, I think it could work out either way but I'd rather that Naruto would have 100x more chakra with Kyubi checked. It would make more sense in light of those comments about becoming stronger without relying on some foreign source.

docdan63
Wed, 07-19-2006, 12:50 AM
yeah i think that i'm going to have to say that she's going to have something like Earth based chakra attacks ,...just a hunch , lol.

Hakeem_21
Wed, 07-19-2006, 08:30 AM
Its clear what it means cause Yamato is there to keep kyubi in check.

I mean if kyubi wasnt in check naruto would have what a 10000 times more chakra than his own.

Yukimura
Wed, 07-19-2006, 10:45 AM
Naaruto does seem to have control of the Kyubiichakra up to the third tail which would give him plenty of available chakra, maybe Kakashi meant Yamato would be there to make sure Naruto didn't tip over into the fourth tail and go crazy again.

Hakeem_21
Wed, 07-19-2006, 12:23 PM
Yeah that is what Yamato is there for.

He must show us when Naruto trains and learns a move like when he did rasengan. I dont want him to jump over the actual training.

narutosharingan
Wed, 07-19-2006, 03:02 PM
so you're saying it makes more sense for kakashi to say:
"Well, you have 100x more chakra in kyubi form, so we're going to bring yamato here to make sure that doesn't happen"

Well we don't really know, do we? If it was the other way around, how would he get 100x more chakra by keeping it in check? It kinda makes sense that kyuubi allows for more chakra, and that isn't a good thing.

But I have no clue. I just want to know what he says, as 2 translations are conflicting with each other.

mage
Wed, 07-19-2006, 03:07 PM
Well we don't really know, do we? If it was the other way around, how would he get 100x more chakra by keeping it in check? It kinda makes sense that kyuubi allows for more chakra, and that isn't a good thing.

But I have no clue. I just want to know what he says, as 2 translations are conflicting with each other.
Yamato is going to "keep it in check" by allowing Kyubi to only release a certain amount of power (100x his normal).

Munsu
Wed, 07-19-2006, 03:27 PM
I really don't see how this will work. Unless each replication is learning a different skill required for the new jutsu, all his replications will be doing the same crap, doing the same mistakes and such, so when they converge, Naruto would have practically learned nothing new.

Assertn
Wed, 07-19-2006, 03:36 PM
I really don't see how this will work. Unless each replication is learning a different skill required for the new jutsu, all his replications will be doing the same crap, doing the same mistakes and such, so when they converge, Naruto would have practically learned nothing new.

You guys are all taking it from the perspective that something new has to be discovered every time. When Naruto was training for the rasengan, he did the exact same move repeatedly for weeks straight, concentrating a little more and controlling his chakra a little better each time. If Naruto is training through repetition, then I can see it working.

Honoko
Wed, 07-19-2006, 03:55 PM
You guys are all taking it from the perspective that something new has to be discovered every time. When Naruto was training for the rasengan, he did the exact same move repeatedly for weeks straight, concentrating a little more and controlling his chakra a little better each time. If Naruto is training through repetition, then I can see it working.
Yeah, I agree. If thousands of Naruto clones are performing the same experiment independently, that means the best case scenario would be thousands of different approaches to the same experiment. Then, at the end of the bunshin jutsu, Naruto gains the that knowledge of what could work, what failed, etc; that would also hasten his insight into how a new jutsu would be possible.

Despite how dumb Naruto is portrayed, he has proven every once in a while that he can think creatively in order to reach a solution. So I don't think it'd be wildly out of character for him to be able to make up a new jutsu with the help of his clones.

toonice714
Wed, 07-19-2006, 09:15 PM
i wonder if naruto will use his bunshin techinque to explode the clones to create gusts to set up for an inescapable rasengan blow. He might use the elements in conjunction with his other techniques instead of creating a whole new jutsu. That would be clever.
(long time reader, first time poster. I've been too lazy to create a profile until now)

BakaDave
Wed, 07-19-2006, 09:20 PM
Honestly I think it is plausable that Naruto will gain 100X chakra if the demon fox is supressed from comming out because the demon fox chakra will come out, but be mixed and released the way the fourth intended it to be, therefore gradually increasing Naruto own self potential.

I view the Kyubi's chakra as a drug. If Naruto decides uses a large dose of cocaine all at once he will get high, but damage his body. But if he were to gradually take small amounts periodically, we would develope a tolerance affect. Kind of a wierd metaphor or example, but this is kind of how I think it works. By limiting his intake of pure kybui chakra and exposing low doses of it his over all chakra capacity will grow.

So I wonder what kind of new move naruto will learn. I hope it is something kool like the girl in FMA that could compress air then ignite it to make a large fireblast type move. Anyways for some reason I get the feeling that Kishi will pull some bull shit that so that Hidan can also supress chakra or something like that with his little ceremony? and show up and try to capture Naruto in the middle of training. Then naruto after failing many times will pull through at the last moment to master it.... just like the... hated rasengan.

Honoko
Wed, 07-19-2006, 10:51 PM
So I wonder what kind of new move naruto will learn.
It'll be a Rasengan, but instead of swirling chakra it'll be an actual tornado in the palm of his hand. That's my prediction.

Cloud 9
Thu, 07-20-2006, 02:57 AM
It wouldn't surprise me too much if this "new technique" Naruto is going to learn will just be a variation of the Rasengan, just like Sasuke has an advanced version of Chidori now (although, he actually has new jutsu too..). Maybe I'm wrong though, hopefully something good will come out of this other than some flashier-yet-useless version of Rasengan.