PDA

View Full Version : Problem with mp3 file

Assassin
Wed, 07-12-2006, 12:33 AM
Ok so i get a new mp3 player today (mpio FY700) and im transfering all my songs on to it. Everything is fine, till the very end when one song refuses to transfer. Everytime i try it says "directory or file cannot be created".

I've tried 2 different versions of the song, with different file sizes and bitrates. i can't figure out what the hell is wrong. If anyone knows what the deal is and how to fix it, please let me know asap. it took forever to find this damn song so this is really annoying.

Here (http://rapidshare.de/files/25609957/songs.rar.html) are the songs incase someone wants to look at them.

darkshadow
Wed, 07-12-2006, 12:03 PM
i didnt check out the files, but could it be they have some kind of protection on them?

Assassin
Wed, 07-12-2006, 12:10 PM
i checked under properties, and both files are unprotected

complich8
Wed, 07-12-2006, 01:21 PM
bugged player? Case-insensitive filesystem with another same-name file? Filesystem full? Allocation table full?

I don't know anything about that player, but can you copy another, different file onto it? Is it just for a file of that name, or is it a bigger one?

Assassin
Wed, 07-12-2006, 02:02 PM
theres still 300+ mb left on the player, and that one song is the only one giving me trouble. And the names no the same as any other file either. Theres just something about that song. like i said, i tried 2 different versions and both gave me the same error.

Edit: ok nvm. that song is not the only one. i can't seem to add any other file either. same message. dunno why.

Paulyboy
Wed, 07-12-2006, 06:48 PM
Uhhh you wont believe this, but I had the same mp3 player, and for some reason it did the same thing to me as well. Its the file, the mp3 player wont allow you to play certain songs or files, and yeah the mp3 player is bugged, something about the chip or whatever, so I returned mine and got a new one. I suggest you go to the store from where you bought it and explain it to them, and they will switch it out. Got mine from Circuit City.

Edit: Its like the X-Box360 errors