PDA

View Full Version : Crocodile vs. Gaara

poopdeville
Mon, 07-10-2006, 04:22 PM
I'm sure a lot of the readers of this forum are Naruto watchers. I thought putting Gaara up against Crocodile would be fun. They both control sand. They both live in the desert. They are both retardedly strong. So, who do you think would win? In the interest of making things "fair", lets suppose neither can control the other's sand.

I vote for Crocodile, personally. I don't think Gaara's ninjutsu attacks are going to have any effect on Crocodile, since he is made of sand. Gaara's defense is made of sand, but it can be broken. Gaara might be able to figure out that water will mess Crocodile up, but I doubt he knows any good water jutsu.

Assertn
Mon, 07-10-2006, 04:44 PM
There was a poll for this on K-F a while back.

Your idea of making things "fair" make gaara completely worthless, because if you ask me, his ability to control sand would be the deciding factor in that battle.

Jadugar
Mon, 07-10-2006, 05:04 PM
There was a poll for this on K-F a while back.

So who won?

ChaosK
Mon, 07-10-2006, 05:10 PM
I say Croc would win, then again you need to account for the fact that Garra can bring out that demon.

Onineku
Mon, 07-10-2006, 07:47 PM
I'd guess gaara.. we should remember that the sand in his gourd is bloodstained to the core... and wasn't blood just as good as water in the fight between croc and luffy?

That's why my vote goes to gaara

xDarkMaster
Mon, 07-10-2006, 09:30 PM
Controlling sand is Gaara's main ability, and taking it away would be anything but fair and cripple Gaara. That being said, if Gaara could control sand, he would win.

6Zabuza9
Tue, 07-11-2006, 03:32 AM
i'd say croc, cuz even if gaara can control sand theres nothing much he can do except move croc around even if he rips croc in 2 croc can just reform himself, and that all croc has to do is wait for gaara to use up all his chakra

NeoCybercoin
Tue, 07-11-2006, 06:49 AM
So he is pretty much immortal.

But I would still say Gaara would win.

Munsu
Wed, 07-12-2006, 02:44 PM
I'm sure a lot of the readers of this forum are Naruto watchers. I thought putting Gaara up against Crocodile would be fun. They both control sand. They both live in the desert. They are both retardedly strong. So, who do you think would win? In the interest of making things "fair", lets suppose neither can control the other's sand.

I vote for Crocodile, personally. I don't think Gaara's ninjutsu attacks are going to have any effect on Crocodile, since he is made of sand. Gaara's defense is made of sand, but it can be broken. Gaara might be able to figure out that water will mess Crocodile up, but I doubt he knows any good water jutsu.
Gaara doesn't need a good water jutsu, he just needs any water jutsu. Fighting wise, Gaara should win without a problem, he was raised training as a ninja so he knows how to fight. Crocodile is all hack and slash.

Assertn
Wed, 07-12-2006, 03:09 PM
i'd say croc, cuz even if gaara can control sand theres nothing much he can do except move croc around even if he rips croc in 2 croc can just reform himself, and that all croc has to do is wait for gaara to use up all his chakra

Lift croc up into the air and drop him in a lake.
If there's no lake present, then force him down into an underground aquifer.

Mizuchi
Wed, 07-12-2006, 03:49 PM
Gaara is teh shit

Shukaku owns j00

Zhan
Sat, 07-15-2006, 10:18 PM
Gaara can control sand so he can also control and manipulate Croc because Croc is like sand

Mizuchi
Mon, 07-17-2006, 04:10 PM
Gaara can control sand so he can also control and manipulate Croc because Croc is like sand

and he can go shukaku mode and increase his power level by 5000

poopdeville
Thu, 07-20-2006, 01:09 PM

By the same token, Crocodile can control sand so he can also control and manipulate the Shukaku. This is why I specifically excluded the scenario where they can control each other's sand.

Assertn
Thu, 07-20-2006, 01:33 PM
crocodile doesn't really control sand...he just uses himself as sand-based attacks.

Onineku
Thu, 07-20-2006, 03:15 PM
then what about the twisters he sent at yuba oasis...?

Mizuchi
Thu, 07-20-2006, 06:28 PM
and he can go shukaku mode and increase his power level by 5000

No comments on my referal to DBZ????? :mad: if i ever see you people remind me to give you a kamehameha to the ribs.

Assertn
Thu, 07-20-2006, 10:14 PM
then what about the twisters he sent at yuba oasis...?
If he could control sand like gaara, he wouldnt even need a twister.

Mizuchi
Fri, 07-21-2006, 12:48 AM

You anger me so much that my blood pressure rises too high and i have a heart attack. But I quickly recover since my powerlevel has gone up to 750,000. I then blast out your eye with my finger laser.

bang.

--------( this is the sig line. I am too lazy to get my own sig. sorry. )---------------------

<(*_*)> <(*_*)> <(*_*)> <(*_*)> <(*_*)> <(*_*)>

this is kirby village before shukaku comes.

<(>_<) <(>_<) <(>_<) <(>_<) <(>_<)

this is kirby village after shukaku comes. Notice they are angry and have no left arms (from their perspective).

poopdeville
Sat, 07-22-2006, 10:10 PM

Yes, of course. He'd want to go to Yuba every few days to destroy the oasis again and again. He isn't smart enough to realize he could destroy the oasis without having to leave Rainbase. Oh wait, he was smart enough to realize that.

anime892
Sun, 07-23-2006, 12:32 AM
can crocodile even be killed without water?

6Zabuza9
Sun, 07-23-2006, 03:15 AM
i belive he can be killed with anything thats wet, so spit might even work as long as it has moisture

anime892
Tue, 07-25-2006, 12:26 AM
what im asking is if someone who is way stronger than him can beat him w/o water or blood ect

Mizuchi
Tue, 07-25-2006, 07:15 PM
what im asking is if someone who is way stronger than him can beat him w/o water or blood ect

The shukaku can. his power level is above 800,000.3

crocodile's is a mere 100,250.72

poopdeville
Wed, 07-26-2006, 04:49 PM

I would imagine that a very strong fire jutsu (or just a very hot fire) could melt Crocodile into glass.

Mizuchi
Thu, 07-27-2006, 04:42 PM
I would imagine that a very strong fire jutsu (or just a very hot fire) could melt Crocodile into glass.

Well if he can CONTROL his sand, then wouldnt he be able to move apart the sand and turn the glass back into sand? :cool:

poopdeville
Fri, 07-28-2006, 02:48 PM
Well if he can CONTROL his sand, then wouldnt he be able to move apart the sand and turn the glass back into sand? :cool:

Maybe. I think we'd have to ask Oda about that. :)

Personally, I don't think so, unless some very specific things were to happen. Like if his arm were melted, I bet he could use the rest of his body to break down the glass back into sand and recover his arm. But if his whole body were melted, I think he'd be SOL.

But that's just the impression I get about how Devil's fruit powers work. Like when Wiper kills Enel, Enel managed to use his powers to start his heart again. If Enel hadn't been able to use his powers, he would have died.

So if Crocodile's whole body were melted, it would all be glass. And Crocodile can control sand, not glass.

Mizuchi
Wed, 08-02-2006, 02:02 PM
Crocodile can control sand, not glass.

glass is just sand in heated form?

moondoggie
Tue, 08-08-2006, 12:01 AM
yeah i got my money on gaara

docdan63
Sun, 08-13-2006, 10:50 AM
I say Croc would win, then again you need to account for the fact that Garra can bring out that demon.

not only that, but i think everyone here is forgetting the main ingredient in Gaara's arsenal.The the sand that's been enveloped and protecting him his whole did just that.protect him his whole life.Meaning no matter what croc does, with w/e weapon or more sand, Gaara's sand protected him at all costs.It was an inate self aware being, that no matter what, made sure Gaara was not only not harmed, but actually analyzed the situation helping him in battle as the ultimate shield.

that's all i gotta say about that

6Zabuza9
Tue, 08-15-2006, 11:45 PM
with enough speed the protective sand wont be able to protect him

elmojo
Sat, 09-09-2006, 10:16 AM
its pretty obvious Croc would win unless Gaara fights him near the sea

Gaara is protected by sand, Croc IS SAND

all he has to do is turn Gaara into beef jerky

Assertn
Sat, 09-09-2006, 01:11 PM
its pretty obvious....
it's pretty obvious that the general consensus thinks otherwise

Death BOO Z
Sat, 09-09-2006, 05:20 PM
I'm putting my money on croc this time. Gaara might be super strong, but in the end, he's simply an over powered monster. Corc is not onlt an overpowered monster, he's also a cunning bastard.

Naruto spoilers removed

Gaara has Temari and Kankaru as his followers, Temari could hardly beat Shikamaru and Kankaru almost lost to Shino... both being minor charecters from the 'normal' caliber.
Croc has about 20 henchmen who fought toe-to-toe with the major charecters, also almost winning against the 2nd strongest good guy.

Gaara is maniac pyscho. Croc has an agenda.

while gaara can turn into a big ass monster freak, Croc has the ability to destroy villages from miles away, so i'm guessing that his sand storms are even more effective at close range. Plus, croc can transform into sand and jump on to Gaara's armor and stab him.
Gaara may have superior brutal strengh, but he doesn't have what it takes to fight in the major leauge.

plus, Croc is far more intellgent than Gaara, he can speak italian.

Sorry dood, even though its not a naruto forum, you still can't post naruto spoilers here.

elmojo
Sat, 09-30-2006, 12:25 PM
it's pretty obvious that the general consensus thinks otherwise

so much for your general consensus, lesson of the day.. think before you vote :p

croc is sand , gaara isnt

Zati
Mon, 10-09-2006, 02:01 PM
I'll put my money on Croc. Was gonna pick Gaara but you guys are right about Croc being sand and all.

RasenDori
Mon, 10-09-2006, 02:09 PM
gaara. croc may be sand, but garra can do anything with sand... like fuck up croc really bad or disperse him into piece or some crazy stuff like that that. besides... croc cant do shit to the one tail shukaku

EDIT:

Gaara has Temari and Kankaru as his followers, Temari could hardly beat Shikamaru and Kankaru almost lost to Shino... both being minor charecters from the 'normal' caliber.
Croc has about 20 henchmen who fought toe-to-toe with the major charecters, also almost winning against the 2nd strongest good guy.

.[/b]

i couldnt help but point out how completely biased you alaysis of kankurou and temari were. you forget that all of crocs followers lose as well, and by being overpowered no less. temari and kakurou clearly had the advantage in their confrontations and where broght down by ninja more cunning then them. hell shikamarus a fricking genius. not to mention that kankurou and temari own the CS2 sound ninja with now effort at all. besides whats the point of arguing about their allies? its about gaara vs croc.

animus
Sun, 10-15-2006, 11:38 AM
Gaara would win, and to the person who said about speed overcoming Gaara's shields. Crocodile doesn't have the speed to do it. Gaara could manipulate crocdile, like pick him up and throw him out to sea, or as someone else said bury him into an underground aquifer.

poopdeville
Fri, 11-03-2006, 11:38 PM
It's been a while since I thought about this, so here's my take. My intuition still tells me that Crocodile would win.

As far as the Naruto anime has shown, Gaara is just a power fighter. He doesn't rely on planning or cunning to win. He just uses his tremendous chakra to over power the enemy. We've never even seen him throw a kunai or dodge an attack (maybe he did against Kimimarou -- it's been a while since I saw that fight). He just stands there and lets his sand protect him.

Indeed, I would go so far as compare Gaara to Naruto in this regard (though Naruto isn't quite as, ahem, unskilled in the basics). Every time Naruto gets into a fight, he ends up relying on his monster chakra to win.

Fair enough. Gaara is very strong in the Naruto world. And if he were a One Piece character, he'd be really strong too. But Crocodile's Devil's Fruit powers seem to completely nullify Gaara's advantages. Even if Gaara brought the Shukaku out, the best he could really hope for is stalemate. What could Shukaku do to Crocodile? Squash him? Physical attacks don't work against Crocodile unless he's wet. Grab him and hold him under water? Sure, but Crocodile is nobody's fool. He could just dissolve and avoid the Shukaku.

Crocodile's biggest strength is his ruthless planning ability. He also has very strong physical attacks. I think Sables might be strong enough to cut through Gaara's shield if Gaara hasn't brought the Shukaku out. Certainly, Ground Sekko/Ground Death would penetrate Gaara's shield. It would probably even reach Gaara if he brought the Shukaku out. In short, I think Crocodile would have the smarts to see an opportunity to win and be ruthless enough to take it.