PDA

View Full Version : Guidolon: The Giant Space Chicken

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 07-06-2006, 09:08 PM
This past week I had the great privledge to go to the New York Licensing Show where I encountered a great many interesting new things. Basically a licensing show is a place where established companies show off there properties and all kinds of representatives from different companies come to see if there are any characters they want to license for their products. For example if Mr. X is a shoe manufacturer he might negotiate a deal with funimation to get Luffy on his shoes. So this is where all the big shit in terms of deals goes down.

When I was there I got to see the Viz Media booth (complete with upcomming Naruto and Bleach merchandising) as well bigger companies like Disney, Nickelodeon, Dreamworks. Along with the Juggernauts there were severals smaller companies with there own unique ideas trying to get through by making some sort of deal. I encountered a great number of these unique oddities. Some such being the Islam themed comic book entited The 99 (think X-men with a slight tinge of Allah) but out of all these things there was one property that caught my attention.

Within the section for smaller artists looking to get their works licensed there was a small little booth that caught my attention. There were two guys who were trying to pitch there idea for a new television series. They had a 11 minute pilot which they were trying to show off. You can see it for yourself by clicking on this link here http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=0C413A1213A4BDAD

Essentially it's about a Giant Space Chicken whose a director making a movie about a giant space chicken. The whole concept has some great laden humor which at this point is untapped. Right now there trying to make a deal with adult swim to see if they can get the show produced.

Here is where you guys come in. This could become the next Aqua Teen Hunger Force or Robot Chicken. This is where you guys come in. If this is really going to take off the undergound hype train has to start to get going. If your interested start spreading the word. Tell people about the show put art work on your desktop. You can get as much info as there is available here at the official website. http://www.guidolon.com

You can also give creative suggestions as well as encouragement to the head CEO Frank Wu frank.wu@gadanin.com I personally don't think that the pilot is as good as it could be but I do see a tremendous amount of latent potential. So right here starting at gotwoot I'm hoping that this could be the beginning of something far larger. If nothing else you guys can say that you were there from the beginning. So spread the word and lets help Guidolon the giant space chicken soar.

Deadfire
Thu, 07-06-2006, 11:16 PM
What is this shit?

What exactly is are you wanting me to do other then hate you for wasting my time trying to make sense of this shit post. It's about a giant space chicken or something however it doesn't show me something that makes me use my valid time as a poster (other to insult it it looks like)

I'm serious everytime i read:
"This past week I had the great privledge to go to"

I stop...

What did you do copy+paste a add or something?

LaZie
Thu, 07-06-2006, 11:31 PM
I hate Robot Chicken :p

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 07-06-2006, 11:59 PM
What is this shit?

What exactly is are you wanting me to do other then hate you for wasting my time trying to make sense of this shit post. It's about a giant space chicken or something however it doesn't show me something that makes me use my valid time as a poster (other to insult it it looks like)

I'm serious everytime i read:
"This past week I had the great privledge to go to"

I stop...

What did you do copy+paste a add or something?

Not the reaction I was hoping for.

The whole idea is supposed to be kinda of a metacomedy about a giant space chicken whose trying to direct a monster movie about a giant space chicken (which is played by a Shakesperean actor in a suit).

I'm simply trying to introduce a new property into gotwoot community. If this thing becomes a real television series and takes off it could become something quite successful and everyone here can claim to be here from the start at ground zero.

I'm not quite sure why I'm being confronted with such hostility. People have used the general discussion forum to discuss all kinds of irreverent videos, news articles, and movie trailers. I'm simply just trying to do that only take it a step further. The people who are creading this at Gadanin entertainment are friendly artists who are just trying to bring their creative vision to life. There quite friendly and eager for feedback. Honestly I'd think that here at gotwoot, an anime forum no less would be a more open and supportive community for such a unique idea (For crying out loud there giant monsters!). I'm just trying to see if I can generate excitement, who knows if any of you have any good ideas they might wind up in the final product. Frank Wu the creative director is open to any kind of suggestions (Frank.Wu@Gadanin.com). Hell I've even talked to him myself.

If any idea off the beaten track strikes you as a piece of shit then feel free to go continue to go back and complacently watch family guy as it begins it's spiraling decline of quality (much like the Simpsons before it). I'm just simply trying to share something which I discovered that I find to be creative unique . Whats so wrong with that?

For those of you who are curious here's Guidolon himself
Nhttp://www.frankwu.com/WGuidolon.jpg

Assassin
Fri, 07-07-2006, 12:37 AM
well i read ur first post and decided to download the pilot. After watching it i can safely say, this thing BLOWS. first, the animation style is kinda wierd. now that would be tolerable if the voice acting wasn't completely horrible. its like they're trying to be bad in order to be funny, but sucking at it.

the idea of a giant space chicken making a movie about himself isn't half bad. but these guys dont know shit about making a funny series.

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 07-07-2006, 12:47 AM
Alright I will not deny that the pilot sucks. Most of the humor falls flat. The reason why I even bothered to post this is not because I think it's hilarious but simply because I see a tremendous amount of latent untapped potential. While it isn't fully realized I do feel that there is something that is quite funny here.

Anyone can point out problems and complain, but not so many people can come up with solutions. My creative challenge is not to simply look at an incomplete sculpture, say it sucks and walk away but rather work to creativly sculpt it into something greater. That is the challenge I'm offering to everyone here. How can we as a community work to make this better?

What I'm hoping to do is start a dialogue here where we can exchange ideas. We can send these ideas to the good folks of gannin productions and who knows. The skies the limit, but right now I'm only trying to take the first baby steps.

Assassin
Fri, 07-07-2006, 01:28 AM
How can we as a community work to make this better?

we can't. if this series has any hope of being successful, it would have to be done by someone other then the current producers/creators. and i doubt that suggestion will go over well with them, so theres no point in even trying.

Deadfire
Fri, 07-07-2006, 07:51 AM
Not the reaction I was hoping for.

Nor was I by this post I thought you would have just let this thread die, Well the word "Hoped" should be there

The whole idea is supposed to be kinda of a metacomedy about a giant space chicken whose trying to direct a monster movie about a giant space chicken (which is played by a Shakesperean actor in a suit).

And this is funny and yet not overused because, Why?

I'm not quite sure why I'm being confronted with such hostility. People have used the general discussion forum to discuss all kinds of irreverent videos, news articles, and movie trailers. I'm simply just trying to do that only take it a step further. .

Those were interesting to say the least. This is a example of what isn't. You see those things were funny to a point (Some of them) this by looking at the first post looked like a add. I'm sure I deleted those types of threads before. Thats why you don't see them.

The people who are creading this at Gadanin entertainment are friendly artists who are just trying to bring their creative vision to life. There quite friendly and eager for feedback. .

I'm thinking everyone starts off that way, and we are giving them feedback it's as plain as it is simple.

It Sucks

Honestly I'd think that here at gotwoot, an anime forum no less would be a more open and supportive community for such a unique idea (For crying out loud there giant monsters!). I'm just trying to see if I can generate excitement, who knows if any of you have any good ideas they might wind up in the final product. Frank Wu the creative director is open to any kind of suggestions (Frank.Wu@Gadanin.com). Hell I've even talked to him myself

Ok just stop!. Right now what type of person that is not selling something ramdomly gives a e-mail address. This isn't a add board as you pointed out it's a anime forum. I enjoy new ideas and take time to give them a look. The way presented this idea failed because you make a bad salesman. That and I'm sure it still sucks regardless of what I say to that guy.

If any idea off the beaten track strikes you as a piece of shit then feel free to go continue to go back and complacently watch family guy as it begins it's spiraling decline of quality (much like the Simpsons before it). I'm just simply trying to share something which I discovered that I find to be creative unique . Whats so wrong with that? .

First I don't own a T.V. Second I haven't watched those shows in about 6 months to a year (I forget it was a long time ago). Another point is I've watched alot of things on the internet that were "off" however those things and this are different not in the fact they are different, but the fact this sucks regardless who it's marketed for.

Besides who did you think the target of this type of show is? As a Salesman you just bashed your own product.

we can't. if this series has any hope of being successful, it would have to be done by someone other then the current producers/creators. and i doubt that suggestion will go over well with them, so theres no point in even trying.

Quoted for truth