PDA

View Full Version : Honey & Clover II

Augury
Wed, 07-05-2006, 01:20 AM
--
From ANN:

Genres: Comedy, Drama, Romance, Shoujo, Slice of Life

Plot Summary: The sequel and final installment to the highly popular series once again delves into the life stories and love lives of Takemoto Yuuta, Mayama Takumi and Morita Shinobu. The story continues where the first season left off, after Takemoto's self-discovery journey around Japan. Of course, the love triangles and tribulations they face will continue, and eventually decide the paths to their future.

--

I was pretty surprised to see this torrent up since I wasn't aware that Honey & Clover was having a second season. Apparently the first episode aired just last week - here's the torrent: Honey & Clover II - 01 [Solar-IDE][DB328839].avi (http://a.scarywater.net/solar/Honey%20%26%20Clover%20II%20-%2001%20%5BSolar-IDE%5D%5BDB328839%5D.avi.torrent).

Unfortunately the majority of the episode is a recap of the first season, but I'm looking forward to seeing how this sequel pans out.

Harima Kenji
Wed, 07-05-2006, 06:49 PM
According to ANN, the series only has 13 episodes. I really hope they're wrong.. H&C is way to good to only have a 13 ep sequel.

The first episode was indeed recap, but it's been a while since I've seen Season 1, so I could use the recap to remember what happened.
I also watched the specials today, and it cracked me up lots of times :)

I'm really looking forward to the next episodes.

RPG2000
Sat, 07-08-2006, 10:50 AM
I’m sure it is going to be 13 episodes total (well 12, if the take that recap episode out). I’m really glad for this second season and hope the series keep the same level of fun/drama as the 1st one (or even better). Looking forward more….

For those interested in C1. Here is the torrent:

[C1]Honey_and_Clover_II_-_01[XviD][F83A3114].avi.torrent (http://a.scarywater.net/c1anime/[C1]Honey_and_Clover_II_-_01[XviD][F83A3114].avi.torrent)
[C1]Honey_and_Clover_II_01[1280x720][X264][AAC][4B9E4386].mkv (http://a.scarywater.net/c1anime/[C1]Honey_and_Clover_II_01[1280x720][X264][AAC][4B9E4386].mkv.torrent)

RPG2000
Sun, 07-09-2006, 11:20 PM
Sorry for the double post, but Solar-IDE just released episode 2. Torrent here:

Honey & Clover II - 02 [Solar-IDE][4BF16E20].avi (http://a.scarywater.net/solar/Honey%20&%20Clover%20II%20-%2002%20[Solar-IDE][4BF16E20].avi.torrent)

::downloading::

Augury
Tue, 07-11-2006, 02:29 AM
It'll probably take quite a bit of time for Mayama to understand Rika since she doesn't seem to really realize her own feelings immediately. Talking less to someone you like is pretty odd, most people would open up more.

Hagu's distancing herself from Takemoto is a pretty common reaction to a confession between friends, but it's nice to see that he doesn't have any regrets. Any guesses to Morita's project? It seems to be something that would cut him off from the cast.

Augury
Mon, 07-24-2006, 02:17 AM
Gee, no love for this series? Episode 3 had me smiling throughout most of it. Ep4 is out now.
Honey & Clover II - 03 [Solar-IDE][27A3B94E].​avi (http://a.scarywater.net/solar/Honey%20%26%20Clover%20II%20-%2003%20%5BSolar-IDE%5D%5B27A3B94E%5D.avi.torrent)
Honey & Clover II - 04 [Solar-IDE][3A44BE5A].​avi (http://a.scarywater.net/solar/Honey%20%26%20Clover%20II%20-%2004%20%5BSolar-IDE%5D%5B3A44BE5A%5D.avi.torrent)

EDIT: Mayama is such a stalker! *jaw drops*

Aiham
Fri, 07-28-2006, 01:08 AM
I love this series and I'm really glad they made a second season. It's a shame no one's discussing it as much here. :(

The fourth episode was, like, whoa. A whole lot happened in it, was quite interesting. And yeah, that Mayama, goddamn stalker.

I'd guess that Five will deal with more Takemoto and such. That should be a good change from the Yamada/Mayama/Nomiya stuff in the last 2 episodes.

Aiham
Mon, 07-31-2006, 11:10 PM
And episode 5 is out:

Honey & Clover II - 05 [Solar-IDE] (http://a.scarywater.net/solar/Honey%20%26%20Clover%20II%20-%2005%20%5BSolar-IDE%5D%5B48ED4C88%5D.avi.torrent)

Augury
Wed, 08-02-2006, 05:00 AM
I'm not really a fan of the drama in Yamada's love life, but Morita's interactions with the college group never fail to entertain. Just thinking about Hagu washing her hands - with soap - makes me laugh.

Aiham
Tue, 08-08-2006, 01:42 PM
Yay 6 just came out and got it from a kind person on #solar myself.

Honey & Clover II - 06 [Solar-IDE] (http://a.scarywater.net/solar/Honey%20%26%20Clover%20II%20-%2006%20%5BSolar-IDE%5D%5BEDDE3932%5D.avi.torrent)

That was a nice episode. I have to admit that I miss the comedy found throughout first season, but I am still enjoying the drama in second season. This episode talked a bit about almost every character (Unlike the past 3 episodes or do dedicated to yamada and mayama). It was also nice to learn about Morita's past. I can see however why there is not much humour, they're trying to get through the stories of each character quickly and fit it into half a normal season. :( It's a shame it's not longer.

kooshi
Mon, 09-25-2006, 10:05 PM
Is anyone still watching this series? I've only watched to the end of episode 8 and the series has been extremely enjoyable.

But damn, the end of episode 8 was extremely sad. I didn't think that her injuries were going to be THAT severe. Can't wait to watch the rest of the episodes ^^

Board of Command
Mon, 09-25-2006, 10:09 PM
I'm still following this. It's been a while since the last episode was released. So far it has been awesome.

Augury
Mon, 09-25-2006, 11:08 PM
I'm also still following this - have watched up to 11. I was gone for three weeks during the summer for vacation and watched the rest in a batch, but when I checked out this thread I saw it dying on page four =P

EDIT: sentence not coherent

Sapphire
Wed, 08-06-2008, 05:56 AM
uhhh....H&C ended with 2. The various romances were tied up neatly (considering there were only three possible ladies, two of which involved only one of the guys). It also ended in a way that pissed off most of its fans.

I loved the ceramic girl lady, I mentioned this elsewhere, but if there's one thing I love, it's rejected heartfelt love triangles. Yess. They need to do that more where the male has to choose and there's actually _emotions_ (NO ONE MENTION KANOKON), and with the young painting genius I wasn't disappointed, though I was surprised. I freaking cried when the girl made honey and clover for the architect. I cried when the old lady finally hooked up with the nerdy dude too.

Were they disappointed because the painting girl hooked up with her distant uncle or something? I forget if she started painting again or not. I remember there was a lot of pressure. ...I actually have this on my computer, but I am too lazy to rewatch it lol

Too bad the famous guy who went to America didn't get anyone. He is the coolest person in the series.

Ryllharu
Wed, 08-06-2008, 03:32 PM
Hagu was not "distantly" related to Hanamoto. They were second cousins (his cousin's daughter). Sure, in foreign countries its more common, and scientists have okayed it genetically (second and onward will not increase birth defects), but in the States, it is a very touchy subject. Not to mention Hanamoto was significantly older. Hagu only picked him in the end because she was weak.

Now I have no problems with unhappy endings. I love the way the Bokura ga Ita manga has been going since the anime ended, I enjoyed all the negative side stories in Salad Days, I love tragedy series.

But cousin fucking was a pretty sore subject in my local corner of anime-fandom from Canvas2 at the time, the fact that Hagu cast aside all of the progress she had been making socializing with Morita and Takemoto and in turn, them as well, for her father-aged 2nd cousin who would give her the comfort she needed, isolated from everyone else, revolted me.

EDIT:
(so yeah, it's mostly the similarities to Canvas2)
You would not believe how much I loathed Kaori Nazuka's voice after Canvas2. Only Eureka7 fixed that, and now she's one of my favorites again. That's how much that series pissed me off. Echoes of it followed into H&C pretty easily given the premise behind the two series.

Sapphire
Wed, 08-06-2008, 04:13 PM
Haha, I can tell it's touchy for you. It's all good. Now I want to watch this Canvas2. XD Yeah, I agree that it's sort of sad that the two guys ended up being alone. I really like ceremic girl's rebound guy though. It sucks that he had to be that but it's great that he's okay with it.

Yeah hooking up with some young relative was kind of crippling/manipulative huh? Oh well. It was unpredictable but I'm not outraged or anything.