PDA

View Full Version : Muffins!

Winged Dancer
Thu, 06-29-2006, 08:03 PM
Since I have absolutely nothing to do today, I baked muffins.

You may check my last post at the Naruto manga forums for the time - in between that time and now I was baking muffins. Raspberry muffins, to be exact, with some scraped orange to give it a nice smell and stuff.

Just to prove that I didn't burn the chicken or destroy a few bowls (that has happened) I took pictures of it all!!!

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i87/WingedDancerRemix/Muffins/muff1.jpg
Here you can see 'em muffins while they're still in the oven.
Complete with the flash and my reflection!

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i87/WingedDancerRemix/Muffins/muff2.jpg
This was just before they were done. You know, take them out and use one of those sticks to see if they're done already.

Now this is were it gets fun. My brother decided he was feeling like eating something, so he started frying bacon - while I was trying to get my muffins done.

The result?

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i87/WingedDancerRemix/Muffins/muff3.jpg
BACON QUESADILLAS!!!
Yeah, I joined in in the fun and prepared the cheese and stuff.
We're using mexican bacon, which is all salty, spanish manchego cheese, which melts a lot, and wheat tortillas 'cause wheat goes better with bacon while corn goes better with eggs.

If you wonder, yeah, we have about three different kinds of tortillas, and I bet RyougaZell here will yell at me that those aren't real tortillas 'cause where he lives they're bigger :(

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i87/WingedDancerRemix/Muffins/muff4.jpg
My fingers still hurt. In between the muffins and the quesadillas it was too much heat.

But the quesadillas were tasty. My brother ate three and gave me only one though :(

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i87/WingedDancerRemix/Muffins/muff5.jpg
There, my muffins!!
Don't they look cute?
It's the first time I've cooked anything that looks good! Most of the time my desserts either look wonderful but taste horrible or look like shit but taste great.

Balance, sweet balance! Now I'll go and eat muffins ~~

Carnage
Thu, 06-29-2006, 08:28 PM
<_<.........>_>.........Can I have a muffin?

Terracosmo
Thu, 06-29-2006, 08:43 PM
Congratulations, you have baked muffins due to boredom. Truly, you are a woman.

Embrace your genetical ancestry!

ChaosK
Thu, 06-29-2006, 09:23 PM
Congratulations, you have baked muffins due to boredom. Truly, you are a woman.

Embrace your genetical ancestry!

What if her ancestors were men?

And...I want a muffin...those look good.

Terra, don't you have any muffins you've baked....we all know you bake.

Carnage
Thu, 06-29-2006, 09:30 PM
Terra only bakes the blood of his enemies........*runs*

But seriously, those are some fine looking muffins.

Winged Dancer
Thu, 06-29-2006, 10:13 PM
Thanks ^^

They taste pretty good, too... and smell of oranges.

I actually baked those not so much out of boredom but because since I was leaving for San Francisco and all I decided to give my friends some as a parting gift, or something.
Bad thing is, they get used to them and start asking for cookies every damn week.

Oh jolly good, now my brother ate two and my dad ate another and my mom took four to my grandpa and now I have less than half for my friends and no time to bake tomorrow. Ack.

Knives122
Thu, 06-29-2006, 11:04 PM
Muffins are gay, cupcakes rock.

XanBcoo
Thu, 06-29-2006, 11:23 PM
Throughout High School I developed an unexplained muffin obsession. Whenever I taste or even see a muffin, I lose myself. This thread wins.

What if her ancestors were men?
Obviously they weren't all men. Unless Mexico has a strange and secret past of homosexual reproduction.

Kraco
Fri, 06-30-2006, 02:12 AM
Oh... Both KitKat and you bake cookies... That is just awesome.

Your brother sounds like a businessman: gives you only one of his quesadillas (that you even helped to prepare), yet goes and routinely eats two of your muffins.

Lefty
Fri, 06-30-2006, 02:18 AM
Seeing that gets me in the mood to make a batch of baklava. But then i remember it takes seven hours to make it from scratch.

el_boss
Fri, 06-30-2006, 05:37 AM
WTF is this shit. You're torturing me woman. :P

Uuummmm, this is a tasty muffin. Mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down with?

Carnage
Fri, 06-30-2006, 08:14 AM
We should bake cookies next :D . And Decorate them with frosting, candy, and buy alot of rootbeer.........(Im definatly going to get diabetes at this rate:( ).

Deadfire
Fri, 06-30-2006, 09:35 AM
This is by far the best thread ever to grace this forum in a long time.

How much is the shipping to get those muffins to Canada?

Winged Dancer
Fri, 06-30-2006, 11:31 AM
Fun thing is, I wouldn't be the first Gotw00t girl to send baked goods over the world - KitKat, if I remember correctly, sent Mut brownies (and gave me the recipe afterwards -yay for brownies!) and someone else some butter-cake of sorts.

I guess that just goes to prove gotwoot girls are not only scarce but also pretty weird.

ChaosK
Fri, 06-30-2006, 11:40 AM
We should bake cookies next :D . And Decorate them with frosting, candy, and buy alot of rootbeer.........(Im definatly going to get diabetes at this rate:( ).

Who the hell is we, you starting a cooking club? And where does WD live anyway...I can't read that location of hers :rolleyes:

Lefty
Fri, 06-30-2006, 11:42 AM
Fun thing is, I wouldn't be the first Gotw00t girl to send baked goods over the world - KitKat, if I remember correctly, sent Mut brownies (and gave me the recipe afterwards -yay for brownies!) and someone else some butter-cake of sorts.

I guess that just goes to prove gotwoot girls are not only scarce but also pretty weird.

Not weird, unique, they're unique. My spinster aunt sends me baked goods. I count down the months till her packages of cookies come.

mage
Fri, 06-30-2006, 12:59 PM
Not weird, unique, they're unique. My spinster aunt sends me baked goods. I count down the months till her packages of cookies come.
just wait til she dies and you don't get then anymore

ChaosK
Fri, 06-30-2006, 01:16 PM
just wait til she dies and you don't get then anymore

Where the fuck did that come from?

dragonrage
Fri, 06-30-2006, 04:09 PM
I hope they tasted as good as the looked. Very nice. Looks very delicious and fun to make.

Hemmm... a Literature student and a baker, impressive. Keep it up.

Deblas
Fri, 06-30-2006, 05:17 PM
Ohhhhh...bacon quesadillas! Strangely I never thought of that before. I'm gonna have to try that one of these days. Bring on the fat!!

Terracosmo
Fri, 06-30-2006, 05:29 PM

Gotwoot - the first online bakery.

Shape
Fri, 06-30-2006, 05:53 PM
Now i got hungry. Thanks alot, not! :p

Winged Dancer
Fri, 06-30-2006, 05:58 PM
Who the hell is we, you starting a cooking club? And where does WD live anyway...I can't read that location of hers :rolleyes:

lol, maybe I should start posting pics of all the stuff I bake. Then open a fan club or something.

As for my location - according to what I wrote up there I'm "Behind a store that no one knows", in real life I'm behind a store everybody (in my city) knows - at the south end of Mexico City, Mexico, the only city half as big as Los Angeles and yet with 20 million people living there.

And yes, bacon quesadillas rule!
They're not normal though.... just something my brother felt like eating, I guess.

ChaosK
Fri, 06-30-2006, 06:18 PM
WD, send me some muffins then, I'm in the US :D.

Winged Dancer
Sat, 07-01-2006, 10:33 AM
I'd love to but I can't, you see, as a mexican I have a genetic disability to send things to the USA. In fact if I did so I would be considered a traitor to the homeland and be killed.

As an ending not, the remaining muffins were eaten with lines such as

"Honey! I've crawled out of the gutter to bring you muffins!"

so now you know what kind of geeks had the pleasure of tasting 'em.

Genma
Sat, 07-01-2006, 11:52 AM
Taking pictures of stuff you cooked...

Geeze, and I thought my life was boring.

samsonlonghair
Sat, 07-01-2006, 02:51 PM
Boring? You think that Orange-flavoured muffins are boring? The last thing my wife cooked was canned soup. I'd do back flips if I saw a plate of orange-flavoured muffins in front of me.

Deadfire
Sat, 07-01-2006, 03:11 PM
I'd love to but I can't, you see, as a mexican I have a genetic disability to send things to the USA. In fact if I did so I would be considered a traitor to the homeland and be killed..

So Canada is still good then?

masamuneehs
Sat, 07-01-2006, 03:12 PM
While I do enjoy baked goods from time to time I am woefully inadequate when it comes to making them myself. That's some serious nice life skills to have.

Now i got hungry. Thanks alot, not! :p

what a first post...

internationally mailing muffins would be a great business, but freshness issues would probably kill the idea before it got off the ground.

Winged Dancer
Sat, 07-01-2006, 03:35 PM
Yeah, Canada is good, because all I know is what I've learned from listening to the Arrogant Worms. So Canada
1) Is real big
2) Has cows
3) Has pirates
4) Burned the White House in 1812

An online bakery would specially work if the ones baking were cute girls (such as Kitkat and me) and freshness wouldn't be so bad if it was sent via UPS or some kind of thing like that, food with that much butter in it tends to last at least a few days before tasting bad. But then the price would be stupidly high, so it wouldn't work anyway =(

ChaosK
Sat, 07-01-2006, 07:51 PM
An online bakery would specially work if the ones baking were cute girls (such as Kitkat and me) and freshness wouldn't be so bad if it was sent via UPS or some kind of thing like that, food with that much butter in it tends to last at least a few days before tasting bad. But then the price would be stupidly high, so it wouldn't work anyway =(

.....So would Terra be in or out?

Hmm, I'd buy muffins :D. Whats with GW girls not being in the US? One in Canada and one in Mexico.

Yukimura
Sun, 07-02-2006, 04:13 AM
And AngelEyes who's all the way over in England. It's because American girls don't want to spend any of their extremely precious time reading the words of a bunch of anime watching ...insert any plural form insulting group noun...

Anyway those are some sexy looking muffins, it's too bad I don't like raspberry or I'd want one. It's always nice when food truns out presentable though...nothing I cook or bake generally does...

KitKat
Mon, 07-03-2006, 04:32 PM
Yay, WD, that totally rocks! Those muffins look like top-notch baking. Creative, AND delicious! *high fives*

I've found that lots of plastic wrap works pretty well, but you have to be selective about what you mail, and how you mail it. I even have some boxes leftover for future mailings of baked goods, lol. Brownies work well because they stay good for quite a while, and don't get stale like cake or too crumbly like cookies.

Yukimura
Mon, 07-03-2006, 10:38 PM
I can personally attest to the crumbliness of mailed cookies, and we're talking Washington DC to Pittsburgh roughly 250 miles...not really that far when you think about it. I think there were some brownies in another shipment and they made it through pretty well, still fairly moist and delicious. An important item is wax paper, I don't know why but it seemed to work very well on my stuff to protect it from the vigors of whatever method they used to transport it.

And KitKat shouldn't that be a high four????