View Full Version : Naruto 191 Discussion

BioAlien
Wed, 06-28-2006, 11:38 PM
sub out by DB
http://yhbt.mine.nu/t/n191.torrent

currently downloading.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 06-29-2006, 12:52 AM
Well, everything was good except for the move Naruto used to win the fight. Everything else was the same relatively good quality as the rest of this arc. I really liked the badguys powers. Naruto was not stupid yet again("There's no way a guy who forsakes his own brothers would keep a promise with me.") Even the resolution stuff afterwards just seemed to have slightly better writing than normal.

It's just that one minute that kinda ruins everything. Deflect an orbital laser with my head band, badguy gets a little shoulder wound and gives up instantly...BAH!

Oh and the animation still sucked, but that's no surprise.

Overall though, this was still far and away the best filler arc they've had. I can't believe they managed to make awsome powers for three whole badguys. That still boggles my mind.

DDBen
Thu, 06-29-2006, 01:05 AM
That was... abrupt. Overall fairly mediocre as expected. I find the fact that the second "criminal" had above and beyond the most powerful ability rather disappointing in general. The resolution stuff was alright but everything in this episode just seemed to happen way to fast. I mean the boss of the arc gets one injury and he's done while both of his brothers fought to the death It was just a overall disappointing end to a alright arc.

Also the next episode looks absolutely horrifying it will either be increadably funny or well beyond terrible.

Kraco
Thu, 06-29-2006, 04:50 AM
It's just that one minute that kinda ruins everything. Deflect an orbital laser with my head band, badguy gets a little shoulder wound and gives up instantly...BAH!

Yeah. This was certainly the weakest part of the whole arc. Of course they perhaps tried to make this dude have a character like that: He obviously liked to use other people, liked to be in control, had one of those ultimate defence things that would allow him to never get hurt; that could mean he was not used to getting wounded. But still, he was jounin level, and apparently living the life of a wandering troublemaker, so you would think he would have had some more fighting experience.

It was peculiar this arc featured the best villains so far in the filler arcs, yet Naruto didn't use once his two most powerful skills: summoning and rasengan. In a sense it's good, as they are overused (well, rasengan especially), but on the other hand it could be nice to actually see rasengan used in a situation where it would really matter and make sense. If this last fight had lasted for one and a half episodes, it could have been built to that level.

Well, it looks like with the next episode we don't need to worry about little details...

MFauli
Thu, 06-29-2006, 06:45 AM
OMG, was that bad XD

Naruto is about to get killed, and right after he had the lucky idea of reflecting the laser with his headband.....all the other ninjas, especially Shizune, who is on Jounin level, show up....urghs.

Kraco
Thu, 06-29-2006, 07:14 AM
... especially Shizune, who is on Jounin level...

Is Shizune a jounin level ninja? Well, she could be, I have no idea, but she doesn't really give that kind of impression.

MFauli
Thu, 06-29-2006, 07:22 AM
Well, at least, Shizune is a "stronger" ninja than Naruto, so she could have helped a lot...

Naruto_Fan
Thu, 06-29-2006, 07:57 AM
this epi was soo bad. it was bad enough the arc was about the flower village and they used like flower element jutsu..

but on top of that, it ends with naruto doing something even lamer than his usual bunshin-ransengan/rendan combo...

make it even worse, it was one of the worst animated epi i've seen...like towards the end, chouji and hinata and the other ninja's all look like total crap. and another part, naruto hair just looks way too big. and i noticed how the headband constantly changed from really bad to worse and then to ok..

and they used that same song from when chouji defeated jiroubou using the 3 soldier's pill...too many times~

DarthEnderX
Thu, 06-29-2006, 08:29 AM
Is Shizune a jounin level ninja? Well, she could be, I have no idea, but she doesn't really give that kind of impression.
Yes, Shizune is a Jounin.

Nai
Thu, 06-29-2006, 11:04 AM
I don't know why, but this episode felt extremely awkward.

Perhaps it was because the princess suddenly changed from Hitler to Mother Theresa ( OMFG INSTANT CHARACTER REVERSIONS FTW! ) or perhaps because of the villain instantly giving up despite being the superior combatant in every way. Yeah, I'd buy the "he hates getting hurt" part if not for the fact that he a moment later yelled at Haruna to kill him off. That's not the behavior of someone who hates to see his own blood spilled. I think they just didn't know where to go with his character and simply tried making him as "evil" as possible so Naruto could preach his usual naive bullshit.

A disappointing finisher to one of the better filler arcs.

Monomate
Thu, 06-29-2006, 11:28 AM
Yes, Shizune is a Jounin.

No, i think she's a chuuin, because back in the Sasuke chase arc, in the part where there was a group of 4 ninjas ( including Shizure ), they noticed some noise and two of then went check things out, and ordered Shizure and the other ninja to stay behind. They acted in a way as if they were the strongest ninjas in the group ( Jounins ), and Shizure ans the other one were the weekest ( chuunins ).
Another thing I noted in the Raijin Fuujin arc, in one point Shizure and other ninjas faced the two baka brothers, and were easily defeated. If Shizure was in fact a Jounin, she shouldn't have been so humilated in this fight ( although I think that even as a Chuunin, she could just have used her poison needles to easyly defeat then, :D ).
Note that the Chuuin uniform end the Jounin uniform are pratically the same, so, just looking at Shizure's clothes isn't enought to decide she's a Jounin.

mage
Thu, 06-29-2006, 02:20 PM
Shizune is a jounin.

And please don't mention Raijin and Fuujin ever again.

BioAlien
Thu, 06-29-2006, 02:52 PM
aww, it is already the end of this awsome filler arc, that guy technique were nice, using ice crystal as lens, but since it is"ice" why is it not mealting?

also.. the way he was defeated... just a simple "solar beam" and he is down for the count... he may have been strong and all with his technique but he is truly weak to actually fall to the ground and not being able to run/attack anymore from that small attack.. it just hit his arm damn it... its not like it hit his heart or something...

dunno if i misread something but... did she actually asked Naruto to stay in Nano country and "be with her forever" :confused: , Hinata looked sad during that scene:( , she almost lost her precious Naruto lol

Genma
Thu, 06-29-2006, 03:42 PM
"YOU BASTARD, I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU. *reflects off headband*"

It was an alright episode, but the animation and drawing kept switching from good to awful. And when the princess broke down and started crying, I was expecting for her to undo Naruto's pants and... yeah.

Aramis
Thu, 06-29-2006, 03:47 PM
yes this guy's techniques were by far the most bogus of all three villains. the way he made those "eyes" was pretty cool, though. still, the tehcniques defied logic because:
1) as mentioned above, extremely thin and fine layers of ice like that should also melt extremely fast.
2) where did the explosions come from? he focused enough sunlight on the ground and there was an explosion with a massive shockwave. :confused: later he focuses a beam on a rock Naruto was hiding behind. It melted about half way and exploded. It was so stupid it was kind of funny, actually.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 06-29-2006, 04:00 PM
yes this guy's techniques were by far the most bogus of all three villains. the way he made those "eyes" was pretty cool, though. still, the tehcniques defied logic because:
1) as mentioned above, extremely thin and fine layers of ice like that should also melt extremely fast.
2) where did the explosions come from? he focused enough sunlight on the ground and there was an explosion with a massive shockwave. :confused: later he focuses a beam on a rock Naruto was hiding behind. It melted about half way and exploded. It was so stupid it was kind of funny, actually.

1) Well, extremely thin layers of ice shouldn't be able to spontaneously form in the first place. It's ninja magic. Whatever he does to create them, he can maintain to keep them from melting.

2) Actually, object superheated very quickly do just that. They explode.

dunno if i misread something but... did she actually asked Naruto to stay in Nano country and "be with her forever" :confused: , Hinata looked sad during that scene:( , she almost lost her precious Naruto lolBasically, the princess was asking for Naruto as a long term loan of ninja. Remember, she's basically only got 1 ninja left in her entire country. So it was essentially "loan us Naruto for a few years till we can get back on our feet and train some more ninja".

I actually thought he was gonna do it for a second since I thought Naruto wasn't gonna be in the next episode(but he is).

I thought it was odd they finally translated Nano into Greenery for the last episode of the arc. I mean, you've been calling it Nano for this long, why not just keep doing it for one more episode?

darkmetal505
Thu, 06-29-2006, 04:15 PM
Obviously the guy went to DBZ land and learned the Kamehameha. The ice jutsu was just a fluke. They seriously could've gotten someone better to cry. It was awkard. All the other incosistencies have already been identified.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 06-29-2006, 04:19 PM
Awkward was exactly how I'd describe that crying!

BioAlien
Thu, 06-29-2006, 04:45 PM
Basically, the princess was asking for Naruto as a long term loan of ninja. Remember, she's basically only got 1 ninja left in her entire country. So it was essentially "loan us Naruto for a few years till we can get back on our feet and train some more ninja".

ohhh thx for the "explication", at least it make more sense... since she is like way older then Naruto lol :p

p0ltergeist
Thu, 06-29-2006, 05:33 PM
This one was awful. The dialog was worse than X-Men3, and towards the end you could literally see the quality of the animation get worse by the second. Budget cuts?

.tomi
Thu, 06-29-2006, 06:28 PM
Hey, did you notice that that main villian just... dissappeared? He got hit, then Shizune come (and they've forgotten about the whole fight btw). Haruna didn't kill him, so... errr... :confused:

And the drawings were just horrible >.> as well as this week's episode.

Terracosmo
Thu, 06-29-2006, 08:28 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/joshuajerand/bscap062.jpg

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't stop laughing at this particular frame. What were they thinking?
Somehow his face together with that line makes it even funnier...

As for the episode, the story and dialogue was as hilariously predictable (and bad) as usual.
The action had it's moments, but Naruto's retaliation and the way things just sort of "turned out fine" was awkward.

So yeah, bad finisher. I won't forgive you! Sudden personality switch no jutsu!

Now, about that Haruna hentai doujinshi...

mage
Thu, 06-29-2006, 09:19 PM
Budget cuts?
The fillers already have probably 1/10th the budget of the real episodes

JaySee
Thu, 06-29-2006, 09:37 PM
I thought I was watching an episode of Captain Planet towards the end there. It was like a 10 year old animated it. Look @ Naruto in that picture! GO PLANET!!!

RyougaZell
Thu, 06-29-2006, 10:38 PM
Bad Episode.
Worst animation ever.
Bad Ending.

At least no Rasengan.

Mizuchi
Thu, 06-29-2006, 11:38 PM

ice is just water compressed to a point where it turns solid. His jutsu probably keeps the water molecules compressed so the heat from the sun cant expand them and melt the ice.

:cool:

sounds kind of like the first guys power but more advanced. 1 uses water, other uses ice, but they are kind of the same thing. maybe the first guy wasnt able to compress the water into ice?

ShinobiNiNaritai
Fri, 06-30-2006, 12:47 AM
Here's a question, why was the "bad guy" asking Naruto to hand over the princess,
when he himself has said that Naruto is too low ranked to even comprehend his jutsu.
He should have just said, I am a freakin badass and I'm gonna tear you a new one, then
kill the damn princess and have your 3 friends for dessert. He shouldn't even bother asking Naruto at all
And as for Naruto and the princess, I can see how the first time they get caught under the lens they stay there, but com'on! after you have seen what happens don't just lie/stand there and close your eyes..MOVE!

How could the princess not have known that her Dad was dead, after all throughout this arc she has been saying "I'm the last, I have to live to restart/rejuvenate my dynasty.
And what would you call a winning move like that "Boomerang Deflect self-attacking jutsu"? Man what a let-down simple winning move. Granted it did show some thought on his part...but still kinda anti-climatic. He is lucky he didn't mis-time it, he could have burned a hole in his head
Yeah and Shizune just showing up like that was kinda nice, but the villian just gave up to easily. I could also buy into the " I have never been touched before and can't believe I am hurt therefore I give up" but he and his brothers had such awesome techniques, I guess they just wanted to wrap things up. Maybe they had given themselves a headache by coming up with a such a good arc in comparison to the others that they just wanted to end it.

Oh GOD and that damn wailing, it had me cringing in my seat. The animation at the end was horrible but the reactions at the end with Chouji just munching away while Hinata was holding her breath...Priceless.
So after saying all that I will say that I did like this arc :-) This last episode was just okay cos of everything I mentioned above. The best part was the villain's jutsu.

masamuneehs
Fri, 06-30-2006, 01:07 AM
fucking lame way to end an otherwise acceptable filler arc... fucking ruin something every damn filler

Naruto_Fan
Fri, 06-30-2006, 07:14 AM
fucking lame way to end an otherwise acceptable filler arc... fucking ruin something every damn filler

acceptable? no way..

i mean flower ninja was soo lame and the whole "oh we gotta protect this princess and some people from a village" thing was predictable on how it was gonna end...

i guess they tried to be creative by not makin naruto do the usual bunshin-rasenga/uzumaki rendan combo thing...but that dumb light bouncing thing was soo lame...:mad: :mad:

these fillers really really need to end like now

Monomate
Fri, 06-30-2006, 12:16 PM
This episode had one of the worst animations ever in a Naruto ep. Besides the screenshot Terracosmo posted, here are more examples:
http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/1480/badanimation010xm.jpg
Take a look at Shikamaru! O.O Chouji isn't that good either...

http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/6184/badanimation021kn.jpg
Here, everyone is bad drawn. In the case of the mummy ninja, they have put his leaf protector covering his eyes, not his forehead! O.O

mage
Fri, 06-30-2006, 12:32 PM
naruto might as well have the equivalent of a spiky afro

Kraco
Fri, 06-30-2006, 01:40 PM
Here, everyone is bad drawn. In the case of the mummy ninja, they have put his leaf protector covering his eyes, not his forehead!

Maybe the four-eyes next to him functions also as his eyes..?

darkmetal505
Fri, 06-30-2006, 03:55 PM
I think this one is even better:

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/4154/vlcsnap1772072cy.png

Naruto showing of his asianness

Genma
Fri, 06-30-2006, 04:07 PM
LOL @ last picture.

Since everyone is showing how bad the drawing/animation is, though, here's another:

http://www.photodump.com/direct/zayde/owned888.jpg

The scratches on Naruto's cheeks are coming off his face! :eek:

Kraco
Fri, 06-30-2006, 04:14 PM
The scratches on Naruto's cheeks are coming off his face! :eek:

Ho... I always thought those were whiskers he had inhereted from the fox within... Something his first girl friend would tell him to shave immediately. Yeah, even Hinata, if that happened...

BioAlien
Fri, 06-30-2006, 05:05 PM
lol.. so many bad animation :o

the way naruto is on the pic Genma posted... i can do better in Garry's Mod (HL2 mod) with ragdoll lol

Genma
Fri, 06-30-2006, 06:07 PM
Ho... I always thought those were whiskers he had inhereted from the fox within... Something his first girl friend would tell him to shave immediately. Yeah, even Hinata, if that happened...

Oh... you're probably right.

The pose is still funny though. :D

Animeniax
Fri, 06-30-2006, 11:55 PM
Wow, more whining and moaning than usual for this episode, but at least this time you kids actually have something to whine about. The animation was really bad and they concluded the story way too quickly and cleanly.

To cover some of your points of complaint:
The villian used his ninjutsu powers to create the ice shield and seeing-eye and lens. Yes, ninja techniques allow ninjas to do things that seem to defy the laws of physics and science. Like when Naruto summons a 100 ton talking frog out of mid-air, or when Sasuke shoots fireballs from his mouth. Yes, fire would probably burn the inside of his mouth, yet somehow he is ok in this cartoon. Pretty ridiculous.

Genma, those are fox whiskers, not scratches. Yet you're right that they shouldn't be coming off his face.

masamuneehs, you shouldn't curse because most of the posters here are children.

naruto_fan you really really need to grow up like now.

Terracosmo
Sat, 07-01-2006, 09:00 AM
Wow, more whining and moaning than usual for this episode, but at least this time you kids actually have something to whine about.

Am I the only one who gets a distinct feeling of deja vu every time I see someone whine about whiners?

mage
Sat, 07-01-2006, 01:18 PM
masamuneehs, you shouldn't curse because most of the posters here are children.

fuck you?

BioAlien
Sat, 07-01-2006, 01:25 PM
fuck you?

yes, yes fuck you, i realy dont think the "children" that come here, never saw/heard/said a curse in they live, so why should we even care about it... and anyway, these day you can hardly go online without seeing at least a curse every 5 min

DarthEnderX
Sat, 07-01-2006, 02:06 PM
Those are NOT whiskers. They are certainly marks that are supposed to SYMBOLIZE fox whiskers, but they are not single long hairs coming out of his face. They are just lines on his face, like a tatoo, but he has them naturally.

They even widen into red slash marks when he goes kyuubi. But they still aren't physical whiskers.