PDA

View Full Version : Naruto can sense your aura.

Terracosmo
Mon, 06-26-2006, 12:13 PM
Can somebody explain to me why all of a sudden there is all this talk in the series about "aura", "hiding energy", "sensing someone" and so on?

Has Naruto always been doing this blatant DBZ thing with people sensing others, or has it just recently submerged due to fillers being gay?

Because god help me I can't remember this being prominent before.

bagandscalpel
Mon, 06-26-2006, 12:16 PM
This is certainly news to me; if anything, I thought Naruto was completely incompetent when it came to sensing others' presences. But, even that has never been brought up in the canon portions, before.

Nai
Mon, 06-26-2006, 04:44 PM
Well, the "sensing aura" thing has appeared a few times. For example, I clearly remember when Kakashi clearly sensed Gaara's "murderous intent." Worded differently, but same thing.

... I do however believe Naruto was more or less incompetent at sensing the presence of others.

Terracosmo
Mon, 06-26-2006, 05:05 PM
Maybe it should be noted that the topic title is sort of a joke, and doesn't mean that Naruto himself can sense stuff.

Oh and 8000 posts. :)

Aeon
Mon, 06-26-2006, 05:33 PM
He's always been able to sense people's killing intent, even when he just started out during the wave country arc. He sensed Zabuza before Kakashi did but then was fooled by the rabbit.

mage
Mon, 06-26-2006, 06:40 PM
I thought he just sensed the rabbit, but Kakashi didn't care about it so he didn't do anything while Naruto thought it was an enemy.

Hinata's father also sensed Neji's father's "evil intentions" in a flash back.

darkmetal505
Mon, 06-26-2006, 07:14 PM
Also, the ANBU could sense the power erupting from Orochimaru and Sarutobi's fight.

Aeon
Mon, 06-26-2006, 07:16 PM
It really was Zabuza but he used the rabbit to replace his presence once Naruto threw the kunai. Kakashi mentioned that the rabbit was way outta place since it was a snow rabbit and that it could only be used as a replacement.

Psyke
Tue, 06-27-2006, 08:18 AM
Hmmm. Didn't many characters exhibit abilities of sensing powerful chakra emmiting from strong enemies? Or is my memory failing me?

XanBcoo
Fri, 06-30-2006, 12:07 AM
Hmmm. Didn't many characters exhibit abilities of sensing powerful chakra emmiting from strong enemies? Or is my memory failing me?
Your memory is not failing. I too remember characters talking about feeling powerful Chakra. One example is when Kyuubi first leaked out of Naruto after Sasuke "died", both Zabuza and Kakashi felt the Chakra and commented on it, even though they couldn't see it.

ShinobiNiNaritai
Fri, 06-30-2006, 01:00 AM
And also in the current filler episode (191) Naruto talks about sensing the evil/murderous intent of the villian and therefore knew that the attack had already began.

-ANBU-Sasuke-
Tue, 07-04-2006, 10:16 PM
Well, it's not a suprise, sensing things is a natrual thing of a ninja probably. The ability to sense where the enemy is and what. Go and re-watch the series.

Terracosmo
Tue, 07-04-2006, 10:37 PM
What I'm really trying to get across here, is how easily everyone accepts that it's "a natural ninja thing". Nobody thinks it's strange how people just say "he/she is hiding her aura!" as if it was DBZ.

Is this perhaps a must-have in all shounen series? Sensing?

Weird.

Psyke
Wed, 07-05-2006, 07:04 AM
Nah.... this aura or more accurately translated as "killing intent" (殺気)has been present in old chinese movies as well, so it's not just a shounen manga thing. If you watched the movie "Hero" starring Jet Li, there's this scene where Jet Li's "killing intent" was so strong it even affected the flames of candles.

Krbadass
Wed, 07-05-2006, 11:50 PM
Ok I hate to answer this and i know ill forget to check up on it.. But, in episode like.. 3 or 4. When sasuke is giving naruto the food. He says "It's ok, I don't sense his presense right now" Or some shit like that.. So i think its a very vague thing that they have.

I think they also made a reference when haku first came and they said something about it was amazing that they didn't sense him.

mage
Wed, 07-05-2006, 11:53 PM
I think when they "sense" someone, they just see no signs of the person. A good ninja should know what to look for in trees and pick out sounds, etc.

EL3RD
Thu, 07-06-2006, 12:17 AM
This is a manga series adapted into Anime. It's the same thing as a superhero in the comics - tv shows etc. The creator gives them their abilities - powers. In the Naruto series though the majority of the characters have this unique trait of being able to sense "aura - killing intent ..size of chakra" etc. They are ninjas too and ninjas also have this type of ability. To me though the it looks more like its one of the powers of the characters.