PDA

View Full Version : Dual Audio

Da Games Elite
Mon, 06-26-2006, 06:40 AM
I am really inexperienced when it comes to uTorrent. As such, I am oblivious when it comes to dual audio. All I know is what it is, and that really isn't much. Can someone tell me how I can get to the alternative audio track?

xDarkMaster
Mon, 06-26-2006, 09:03 AM
I don't see what uTorrent has to do with dual audio...

Anyways, if you mean how to play an anime show in Japanese audio instead of English audio, that has to do with the file. If I'm not mistaken, dual audio files are usually in .mkv form. Just open it up in VLC or WPC, and go through the menus until you see something that lets you change the audio.

Deadfire
Mon, 06-26-2006, 09:19 AM
I should explain first two things before I can help you.

First is uTorrent is a torrent download program I don't think this is what you meant so help me out here. Do you mean how to use it on your player? if so which one?

Second is Dual audio is like it states. You will have the audio of a video file in two ways. The most comman is Japanese/english in which there are audio tracks for both (there is also the sub-title track for good measure). This means that you can watch a sub that has been encoded with dual audio in Japanese (or the first version in many cases with subs) or English (Normally this is "Dubbed" much like the anime we see on english T.V and movies). How to get it is just as simple, you download a fan-sub (Well this can with any downloaded video) that is labeled as Dual Audio. and when you play it you can swich between the two. How to do that depends on the type of player your using, which is another topic of dicussion. Remember the sub has to have dual audio to be dual audio. you can't simply get a video and then get the other audio somewhere else (Yes it's possible however it's a waste of time in most cases)

Let me know if that helps

Board of Command
Mon, 06-26-2006, 10:04 AM
Download this and install (http://haali.cs.msu.ru/mkv/)

And this (http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/codecs_and_filters/ffdshow.cfm)

In ffdshow audio decoder settings, let it decode Vorbis using "libavcodec" and not "tremor"