PDA

View Full Version : Movie: The Fast and the Furious 3: Tokyo Drift

RedX1z
Sun, 06-18-2006, 01:33 AM
did anyone see this movie, yet? i say this movie was one of the best movies i've seen in a long time, it had everything a movie ask for. in my point of view, this movie was better than the first two that came out. it had the suspence, the drama, women, and cars. never knew that drifting ever existed, though that's just me.

anyways, discuss about what you thought about this movie.

Munsu
Sun, 06-18-2006, 02:26 AM
The movie seems like an Initial D rip-off to me.

Knives122
Sun, 06-18-2006, 07:11 AM
it seems like crap to me, and I don't plan on seeing it(just doesn't appeal to me this time around)

woofcat
Sun, 06-18-2006, 08:29 AM
The movie seems like an Initial D rip-off to me.
Indeed, As an initial D fan you can see shots that look like they watched they anime and then just simulated the camera movments.

It was ok, UltxDarkRedX1 liked it maybe a little too much since it had little bowwow in it. Also i find drifting in a mustange unreasonable. But since it is an American movie they had to have some American Muscle. Some scenes you have to wonder why he dosn't fist fight a guy since he has some serious size going for him. I mean the main Character is a big American guy, no offence to the asians but more often then not they are smaller than big American guys. I just don't know why he dosn't beat the hell out of some of them.

Overall a good movie, if you are into drifting worth the money at the theaters, if you are unsure download a torrent of the movie. So far the best release is The.Fast.and.the.Furious.Tokyo.Drift.TS.Subbed.VCD-maVenssupplieR

RedX1z
Sun, 06-18-2006, 08:49 AM
one thing i know for sure is that i didn't watch this movie for bowwow. i could care less about him, his character seemed like a loser. also, i agree with you on the mustange part, i find that impossible as well. you say why he didn't fight that little asian guy? it's pretty obvious he didn't fight him, because that little asian guy was actually somebody and could just have easily killed him in the beginning of the movie, but where would the fun be in that? you're going to ask one big american to go up against a whole gang by himself? he has no chance in hell if he just goes straight foward like that.

the reason why i rate this movie as high as i do is because lately the newest movies have been sucking horribly big time, forcing me to lower my standards just by a little bit.

woofcat
Sun, 06-18-2006, 09:34 AM
Yeah, but when he has the gun pulled on him and his dad has his back he could move close. get the gun out of the way and crack him in the face. It was good, i enjoyed it but i would not rank it anywhere in the imdb top 100. (spent the time to watch that)

RedX1z
Sun, 06-18-2006, 12:21 PM
i'm saying if he did, what kind of ending would that be?

also, what is this initial d that you all keep talking about?

woofcat
Sun, 06-18-2006, 01:37 PM
initial D is a drift racing anime that is one of the best anime's i have ever watched. Just watch Initial D stage 1-4 and you will be good.

Genma
Sun, 06-18-2006, 05:23 PM
I was at the movie theaters yesterday and I spit on the poster for it.

Lil' Bow Wow? Give me a break, or a gun. Please.

Divinity
Sun, 06-18-2006, 07:58 PM
I was at the movie theaters yesterday and I spit on the poster for it.

Lil' Bow Wow? Give me a break, or a gun. Please.

Yeah no kidding.. im waitin to DL this.. just want to see the cars and the cute jap girls..

The Heretic Azazel
Mon, 06-19-2006, 12:42 AM
Storyline = omg our cars can take really sharp turns

What a piece of fucking shit.

Genma
Fri, 06-23-2006, 05:05 PM
After spitting on the poster, my friend insisted that I go see it.

What did I learn? Uh... asian dudes can kill each other in a busy Tokyo street and smash up their cars without even getting in trouble, Lil' Bow Wow drives a gay car, Vin Disel doesn't play a good mexican, and letting your asian friend drive you home after seeing that movie isn't a good idea.

I did like the catchy song in the racing place, though. With all those asian girls in their short-shorts walking around. Yowza! :D

But other than that this movie isn't good. Apparently mostly everyone knows this already, however, because there were literally 4 other people in the theater.

Assertn
Fri, 06-23-2006, 06:09 PM
I had the option of either watching the premiere to this movie or the premiere to Nacho Libre.
I had low expectations for Nacho Libre, but I'm sure it was better than another fast and the furious movie.

Aeon
Sat, 06-24-2006, 10:40 AM
I went to see this last night cause it was the movie we randomly chose. It was actually pretty good. I didn't leave the theater feeling like I wasted 9$ on X-Men. That chase scene was freaking awesome. And I now wanna go to Tokyo to meet all the hot Asian girls.