PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 311

LaZie
Thu, 06-15-2006, 04:59 AM
MQ raw is out!

http://rapidshare.de/files/23106669/Naruto311MQ.zip.html

Translation from Yoshitsune at Mangahelpers.

Naruto 311

311: Nicknames

[Murmuring to himself in the reading room]

Sai: In order to make others understand me...
First I need to get close to their hearts....

....For example, the way I call someone
Using "San" or "Kun" to call them...

That distance won't get shorter even if I reserve my manners

Sai: First I need to firmly address someone only by their last name....
I wonder what would happen if they're used to their nicknames or pet names...

In that case, as for a special person...
For someone I think close to me...

I see....

Sakura: At last
!

sakura: !

(Even Sai smells of human, eh)

Sakura: Ah! That's right...
Sai: !?

Sakura: From here on out Naruto and I are going to go see on Kakashi-sensei
but..
Do you want to come with us, Sai?

Sai: Kakashi...sensei...

Sakura: You're from the same team and it'd be nice if you introduced yourself...

Naruto thoughts: To me revenge is everything
Even if my revenge is granted, I don't care what happens to me in this world

By giving Orochimaru my body
I can gain the power to do that

I'll give anything, even my life

Naruto: ......

(Sasuke...)

Sakura: Naruto!
Naruto: Ah..

Naruto: What's up, Sai's coming too?
Sakura: I ran into him in the book room

Naruto: What the..My plan for the two of us to walk together as a date is ruined!
Sakura: Even if we had that kind of spare time, we'd be studying ninjutsu!

Naruto: ...Not studying...
You two can sure go on painful things

Sakura: It's not just for your body
You should train your mind a litle too

Sakura: You really are dumb!

Sai thoughts: I knew it...Sakura-san doesn't address Naruto formally

Naruto: Sakura-ch~an, You said too much

Sai: Na..Naruto, Sakura

I wonder if I can also join your discussion

Sakura: ....?

Sai: Ah..Never mind!
I read in a book...
How to open one's heart to someone else (a stranger)

Sai: And it said how to use just their last names
And to call people by their nicknames, and even pet names

Sai: By doing that, an affinity is made and soon people become friends..

Naruto: Hehe..Sai
Don't worry about that stuff

Sakura: Did you read that in the book room...

Sai: ..... ...Yeah

Sai: And...I was thinking about nicknames for you two
I thought it through...and for the time being by not using -san or -kun..

Sakura thoughts: ..Sai sure has put a lot of thought into this

Naruto: Even if you don't think about it, it'll come naturally to you!

Sakura: It's ok to call to people by their nicknames or pet names based on their characteristics
For example, take Naruto for instance...

Sakura: Baka Naruto or Idiot Naruto, for example~
Naruto: Sakura-chan, you went too far...

Sai thoughts: I get it...use their characteristics

Sakura thoughts: Sai's gotten so close to us since the first time we met

Sai: Thank you, I understood everything
H-a-g

Sakura:.....

Sakura: Shannro~~!!

Naruto: Sai! You went too far!!
Sai: ..Huh? What was that?

{Hospital}

Kakashi: So you're the new member of the team...
Sai, was it? Nice to meet you

Sai: ..Sir

Kakashi: Hey Sakura, come here

Kakashi: Those two are wounded...you guys even fight?
It's early for a fight...I can imagine Naruto doing it but..

Sakura: N-no...Nothing happened really...Everyone gets along fine!
Kakashi: Ah..Is that so..That's good then

Sakura: Ahahaha...

Sai thoughts: I've heard rumors about him even in Root...Hatake Kakashi
..I'm sure he knows about me too

Sakura: Naruto...

Naruto: Yeah..

Naruto: Kakashi-sensei...
For our mission this time...

Kakashi: I've heard it all from Yamato
Even about Sasuke...

Naruto: We don't have time anymore...
At this rate..he has little time....

Naruto: Plus, my strenght now wasn't enough to get Sasuke back...
Sasuke's getting too strong..

Kakashi: Well..if that's the case
You can get stronger than that

Sakura: I saw with my eyes the speed at which he had gotten bigger
It wasn't normal..

Sakura: I heard from Tsunade-sama during my training..
There's a possibility he used a forbidden jutsu or had taken special drugs...

Sakura: That Kabuto is with them too so...

Sakura: How that guy'd do experiments on people...
I can't find in this book

Kakashi: So all we can do on this side is get stronger

Sakura: But how?

Kakashi: Do you think all I've done is sleep and not thought of anything?
I've been thinking, and it hit me

But, this method involves Naruto...
To better put it...This can only be done by Naruto

During that training, Naruto
This could mean you might surpass me

NeoCybercoin
Thu, 06-15-2006, 07:27 AM
"But, this method involves Naruto...
To better put it...This can only be done by Naruto"

Shunshin No Jutsu anyone?

kAi
Thu, 06-15-2006, 08:35 AM
The Konoha Flash reincarnate!

I think it's been hit spot on there, that's why Kakashi Gaiden was brought in.
Sai calling Sakura a hag seems to fit her nicely.

samsonlonghair
Thu, 06-15-2006, 09:12 AM
"But, this method involves Naruto...
To better put it...This can only be done by Naruto"

Shunshin No Jutsu anyone?

Wasn't Uchiha Shisui (Itachi's best friend who he killed in order to gain the Mangekyou) capable of doing the Shunshin? They even called him "Shunshin no Shisui" if I remember right.

And didn't Gaara use Suna-Shunshin?

Konoha-Shunshin still might be the jutsu Kakashi suggests; it wouldn't be the first plot hole in this manga.

xDarkMaster
Thu, 06-15-2006, 09:28 AM
YAY! Finally we might get to see what Nauto is capable of and see him advance!

Winged Dancer
Thu, 06-15-2006, 09:37 AM
I thought this chapter would be boring but I liked it. Something about seeing the ninjas in their everyday clothes... not to mention Sai doesn't look as stupid as he did with his belly-show-off battle outfit (if you can call any of those battel outfits).

Sai suddenly got a whole lot of brownie points with me. Seeing him blush at stupid things (like trying to understand humans through books) and the return of the rude nicknames was good... I wonder if that meant he'll still do penis jokes? Anyway, it just made him a little more human.

And Kakashi asking Sakura if the two guys had gotten into a fight was great as well.

It's good to know, too, that some of Sasuke's growth is because Kabuto was using drugs or something on him. I'd be too annoying if that was just Kishimoto doting on the local emo. I'm interested on the new jutsu or whatever! Maybe, just maybe, it'll bring some plot development along....

Edit: I'm out of the loop. Can someone explain Shunshin no Jutsu to me, or tell me in which chapters can I find it?

Honoko
Thu, 06-15-2006, 09:41 AM
Man, why is the Naruto side so whiny? "Waahhh, they cheated! Using steroids doesn't make it a fair fight T_T"

SOLDIER [X]
Thu, 06-15-2006, 09:53 AM
Because using steroids doesn't make a fair fight? Who knows maybe sasuke grew a pair of boobs and lost his testicles in the process just like when real people use steroids.

Konohamaru
Thu, 06-15-2006, 10:00 AM
Err...so all this time Naruto isn't even past Kakashi?!!! If he's been training for 2 and a half years by the perverted hermit, surely he must be better than Kakashi by now.

Wow, and now Sasuke is being acused of using drugs. Surely not against Naruto.

Assertn
Thu, 06-15-2006, 10:46 AM

Someone needs to disqualify his ass ASAP.

While I'd hate to admit the obvious, it probably will end up being the yellow flash, or at least something else unique to the 4th. For kakashi to improvise a technique lesson capable of rivalling 2 years of sannin training, it would HAVE to be something along those lines.

Also, this was in response to Sakura emphasizing the abnormality of Sasuke's speed.

Meteros
Thu, 06-15-2006, 11:51 AM
in regards to konohamaru's post.. i definitely did not expect him to be stronger than kakashi after the 2 and a half years. naruto is still only a kid and kakashi is exceptional by adult standards.

this chapter sort of justifies the past arc. i guess kishi wanted to go with that naruto is still mad weak angle and needed to compare him to sasuke to do it. now there's nowhere to go but up

budak getah
Thu, 06-15-2006, 01:18 PM
it'S here....

naruto 311 by blooeded (http://anip.homeunix.com/manga/uploads/)

Lefty
Thu, 06-15-2006, 03:29 PM
It'll be cool to see naruto cappable of another technique other than kage bushin and rasengan. Plus think of it, the combination of all three of those techniques would be devistating.

Assassin
Thu, 06-15-2006, 04:01 PM
Err...so all this time Naruto isn't even past Kakashi?!!! If he's been training for 2 and a half years by the perverted hermit, surely he must be better than Kakashi by now.

Well it just goes to show how 1337 kakashi really is.

Anyway, i found the majority of this chapter to be pretty gay. The whole idea of learning friendship through books, and the extremely gay blushing sai....*shudder*.

But as always, kakashi saves the day. Even lying in a hospital bed, he manages to be kool. I can't wait to see what this new technique will be. I really hope it isn't the yellow flash technique. kakashi said that naruto will be stronger then him, and faster movement doesn't necessarily mean stronger. Even if naruto could run circles around sasuke, he'll get his ass beat with his limited arsenal of jutsu's.

Edort4
Thu, 06-15-2006, 04:35 PM
oh well! Here we go again with the naruto power boost,it was clear that this was going to happen. I wonder in what lame way Kakashi is going to make naruto stronger. As people said the 4th speed jutsu could be good but just with that I dont see any improvement. Naruto lacks basic taijutsu, variety of ninjutsu (only 3 jutsus...) and in genjutsu or better said anti-genjutsu.

What I think that could be completely amazing is if Kakashi gave his sharingan eye to naruto :eek: . Or maybe Kakashi knows something about Naruto we dont know (I mean we are almost sure that he is the 4ths son but who knows what could he have inherited from mothers side, maybe his mother was another exceptional ninja, with a bloodline or whatever shit Kishimoto wants).

Less than 6 months to surpass a Genius ninja like Kakashi (with 30 years of experience and knowledge...) sounds too rushed (what he didnt do in 2,5 years needs to be done in a few months).

LaZie
Thu, 06-15-2006, 04:47 PM
He will use his Mangekyo Sharingan to imitate a hyperbolic time chamber in Naruto's mind and that's where the training will take place in a few seconds time :p

Naruto_Fan
Thu, 06-15-2006, 05:02 PM
He will use his Mangekyo Sharingan to imitate a hyperbolic time chamber in Naruto's mind and that's where the training will take place in a few seconds time :p

lol

anyway, here are the possibilties i see..

- kakashi teaches naruto to control his kyubi power nearly completely. if this happens, imagine how crazy his rasengan can become and how many bunshin he can make..
- naruto learns yondaime's speed jutsu
- naruto learns an upgraded version of the rasengan (with jiraiya and kakashi's help)
- naruto learns to go into his kyubi form and not go berserk
- naruto learns the secrets to the sharingan and the uchiha clan
- jiraiya makes an appearance and teaches naruto a new jutsu
- the that jutsu is revealed (the one where jiraya said don't use that jutsu
- naruto learns about who his parents really are

Knives122
Thu, 06-15-2006, 05:17 PM
This is the move you guys keep saying(a couple of you)(from wikipedia):
Shunshin no Jutsu (Body Flicker Technique)

Name: Shunshin no Jutsu, 瞬身の術, literally "Body Flicker Technique"
Type: C-rank, Supplementary
Users: Hatake Kakashi, Gaara, etc.
A high-speed movement technique. It is described as 'appearing with the wind and disappearing like the wind.' A very basic jutsu, it appears that most shinobi above Genin-rank know it.
Using chakra to activate the body, the user is able to move from one point to another with extreme speeds. This super-fast movement is almost impossible to see with the naked eye. To a normal person, it would seem as if the user has teleported. The amount of Chakra used depends on the distance and elevation between the user and the destination.

The one I think you're all referring to(the one used by the 4th) is this one:

Hiraishin no Jutsu (Flying Thunder God Technique)

Name: Hiraishin no Jutsu, 飛雷神の術, literally "Flying Thunder God Technique"
Type: S-rank, Supplementary, All ranges
Users: Yondaime Hokage
The jutsu of the Yondaime Hokage and the reason behind his nickname "The Yellow Flash of Konoha" (木ノ葉の黄色い閃光, Konoha no Kiiroi Senkō).
This jutsu allows the user to move over large distances with ultra-high speed. Although it is often compared with the Shunshin no Jutsu, the speed of the Hiraishin is much faster than that of the Shunshin and the principle behind Hiraishin is similar to Kuchiyose no Jutsu.
To activate this jutsu, the user needs a special seal or "Jutsu-shiki" (術式, "Technique" or "Jutsu formula") to mark the destination. After this is done, the user can almost instantaneously transport himself to the location of the Jutsu-shiki.
The Yondaime applied the Jutsu-shiki in advance to weapons such as kunai. It is also possible to leave a Jutsu-shiki in an area touched by the user.

Edit: I'm out of the loop. Can someone explain Shunshin no Jutsu to me, or tell me in which chapters can I find it?

Read ch. 239-244 if you want to see the second(better) jutsu.

Cloud 9
Thu, 06-15-2006, 06:03 PM
Very exciting chapter. The idea that Naruto might no longer still be a useless retard, even after training 2 and a half years with Jiraiya, is a good thing. I just hope the technique that he teaches to Naruto will be something good, and not another Rasengan or Chidori-like technique.

injun
Thu, 06-15-2006, 08:04 PM
So heres what I think is gonna happen, Naruto is gonna make a bunch of copies of himself. Then these copies are gonna be sent out to every badass in the Leaf Villiage. These copies will then go on to learn as many techniques as possible in the six months until the next confrontation.

In doing this Naruto will be able to "sharingan" all of the Leaf's techniques without having to pay the sharigan's stamina penality.

In essence, Naruto could cram 10 years of training into six months.

I base this idea on the notion that:
1. Kakashi's statement that only Naruto can do this training, since he is the only person in the Leaf Villiage that can use the cloning technique.
2. I am assuming that the knowledge of a clone is not lost. I base this on the concept that since exhaustion was transmissible in Naruto's first training arc with Jirajya (sp?).
3. It can be used to explain how the 3rd learned all of his techniques, since he also knew of the clone jujitsu.

Meteros
Thu, 06-15-2006, 08:08 PM
So heres what I think is gonna happen, Naruto is gonna make a bunch of copies of himself. Then these copies are gonna be sent out to every badass in the Leaf Villiage. These copies will then go on to learn as many techniques as possible in the six months until the next confrontation.

In doing this Naruto will be able to "sharingan" all of the Leaf's techniques without having to pay the sharigan's stamina penality.

In essence, Naruto could cram 10 years of training into six months.

I base this idea on the notion that:
1. Kakashi's statement that only Naruto can do this training, since he is the only person in the Leaf Villiage that can use the cloning technique.
2. I am assuming that the knowledge of a clone is not lost. I base this on the concept that since exhaustion was transmissible in Naruto's first training arc with Jirajya (sp?).
3. It can be used to explain how the 3rd learned all of his techniques, since he also knew of the clone jujitsu.

i hope you're being sarcastic and not just plain dumb, especially with naruto being the only one who can use the kage bunshin and the whole idea in general...

darkmetal505
Thu, 06-15-2006, 08:14 PM
Naruto 311 - Jinchuuriki Rapidshare (http://rapidshare.de/files/23159497/Naruto_311__Jinchuuriki_.zip.html)

Training, interesting. Of course Sasuke has taken drugs, he went on a total trip and talked to a fox in a boy's mind.

injun
Thu, 06-15-2006, 08:25 PM
i hope you're being sarcastic and not just plain dumb, especially with naruto being the only one who can use the kage bunshin and the whole idea in general...

From my understanding naruto is the only person who does to clone thing. I don't recall any other character using that technique besides the third. Furthermore, since the techinque was originally introduced as a forbidden technique, I wouldn't expect the technique to be part of basic ninja techs 101.

Meteros
Thu, 06-15-2006, 09:30 PM
From my understanding naruto is the only person who does to clone thing. I don't recall any other character using that technique besides the third. Furthermore, since the techinque was originally introduced as a forbidden technique, I wouldn't expect the technique to be part of basic ninja techs 101.
from my understanding, almost every jounin and above can perform this technique. kakashi did it on the bridge. that dude with the sunglasses who teaches konohamaru did it while chasing naruto around town. even during the chuunin exam, the jounin was surprised naruto did the kage bunshin and said it was a jounin level technique

xDarkMaster
Thu, 06-15-2006, 09:54 PM
Injun: I like the idea, but it just wouldn't work. That wouldn't work because the clones would be too easily destroyed. I'm assuming training involves getting physical and getting hit. Also, as previously stated, just about every jounin can use Kage Bunshin.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 06-16-2006, 12:55 AM
I cant believe someone just said only naruto and the third can use kagebunshin. Whats next, only naruto can fart since he was the only one seen farting in the story? Kage bunshins are basically fragile as previously stated, and their main purpose is like genjutsu, deceiving the opponent and supporting other offensive jutsus.

Im thinking that Naruto should have at least learned other jutsus from jiraiya, and just didnt use his brain enough to use them during the previous battles. Probably after the training kakashi has in mind, he will start pulling out new jutsus he learned from the 3 year training he did. (if the author has already thought of them after buying time with the previous arc)

About kakashis training though, the most plausible theory would be the hiraishin. I think it does fit narutos style well, since like the kagebunshin and his use of rasengan, naruto uses jutsu (used maybe...) in really creative ways. Hiraishin according to the definition stated above, seems to stretch the imagination as to how it can be used.

If it is a training that only naruto can do, it probably has something to do with using alot of chakra, since right now, the kyuubi is the only special thing naruto has going for him.

EDIT : oh and the reason kagebunshin is used very rarely by other ninjas (maybe thats why injun was not aware that jounins use it) is because it splits the chakra of the user into the number of KB he produces, obviously not a good way to save up on chakra. Naruto uses it like a crazy idiot (and he is) because of his already large chakra capacity, as well as the infinite power plant that is sealed inside him.

rockmanj
Fri, 06-16-2006, 01:09 AM
What?? Naruto isnt the only person who can use kage bunshin, and besides using it does drain stamina by a lot, naurto just has a lot of it. And also, that doesnt really make sense, because if hes doin hardcore training, he might get hit, and bunshins disappear if they're hit...

Raven
Fri, 06-16-2006, 04:49 AM
Was it just me or did this chapter seem a lot longer than usual? Maybe because it had more dialogue, but still...

jing
Fri, 06-16-2006, 07:59 AM
So.. Naruto will soon surpass Kakashi? lol. Kakashi is gonna get surpassed by a kid... -.-

msmush
Fri, 06-16-2006, 08:38 AM
lol. interesting theories.

hmm...i found it to be a very long chapter also. but kakashi is great ... i would have found this chapter to be boring had it not been for kakashi as sai kinda gives me the shits. i dont know something about the whole try-hard-sasuke-look-wanna-be-friend-got-moved-by-narutos-whole-i-use-to-be-lonely-bonds-speech thing annoys me.

So basically what we gathered from this chapter is that for the next few weeks its going to be naruto getting stronger from kakashi’s plan thingo which everyone assumes is the fourths technique or something relating to the fourth and is most likely using the kyubi’s chakra (seeing as though he’s the only one who can do it makes sense) but I hope it isn’t going to be this long massive period of naruto getting uba strong, kage bunshinging/datteybayoing then finding sasuke getting his ass whooped again then adopting another emo ninja giving him “the lonely/bonds speech.”

mage
Fri, 06-16-2006, 09:58 AM
kishi can only take the sasuke/naruto thing so far. how many times can team naruto encounter team sasuke before it becomes a fight to the death? (.. probably alot if we consider the influence dbz has on this manga.)

kooshi
Fri, 06-16-2006, 05:30 PM
New techinique for Naruto which can surpass Kakashi?? What the freak.... if Kakashi can do the technique, wouldn't it mean that the techinque + his experience + WIDE range of jutsus is still greater than Naruto's lack of jutsus and experience? I'm not convinced that Naruto will surpass Kakashi (at the moment, at least), but if Kakashi says so, then it might be (painfully) true.
I also wish that Naruto and Sakura would give up the chase on Sasuke. It's practically over and Sasuke is hell-bent on not changing his motives.
Only good part in this chapter was Kakashi reading the book while talking with the gang. Haha, he's having a serious conversation, yet reading that silly book :p

Onineku
Fri, 06-16-2006, 07:28 PM
Maybe Hinata will be willing to sacrifice an eye... and kakashi might give his eye as well, giving naruto a byakugan and a sharingan! and he would be able to adapt it easily because of his healing power!

but on a serious note, the yondaime's technique looks like the most probable one...

mage
Fri, 06-16-2006, 08:13 PM
naruto is really an uchiha!!!

bxgreatone87
Fri, 06-16-2006, 08:22 PM
its most likely gonna be some major training that includes the 4th's technique and something that has to do with naruto's infinite chakra, since kakashi even said that only naruto can do this training. I also believe that what ever kakashi is gonna show him he cant use for some reason like maybe he doesnt have the chakra to use it other wise naruto cant surpass him if he could use it that just defise all logic. We still havent seen the forbiden jutsu jiraya tought naruto so dont count that move out yet cause we have no idea what it is (nothing to do with what kakashi gonna teach him just in general).

Elessar
Fri, 06-16-2006, 08:29 PM
Transplantation of eyes is totally out of the question. The sharingan stuff is 'Sasuke territory' just like the daemon fox is 'Naruto territory'. It's not coincidence, that we see Kakashi fewer since Sasuke has the eye fully.

We won't see "that jutsu" either, because we will see it when we see Sasukes counterpart, the thing he did when Sai came to the hiding place.

I somewhat doubt it's the yellow flash, because it's a speed thing, and I totally do not associate Naruto with speed. Also, it only gets him his ass kicked faster. I'd somewhat go with a special version of Chidori that Kakashi developed long ago but couldn't use because he doesn't have enough chakra. But chidori requires speed and good eyes.

So, actually, they might simply send him back to school and give him a proper education. Naruto with a few more basic jutsus, a cool mind and some moderately advanced tactics is indeed quite a force already. Or rather, would be.

bxgreatone87
Fri, 06-16-2006, 08:53 PM
Transplantation of eyes is totally out of the question. The sharingan stuff is 'Sasuke territory' just like the daemon fox is 'Naruto territory'. It's not coincidence, that we see Kakashi fewer since Sasuke has the eye fully.

We won't see "that jutsu" either, because we will see it when we see Sasukes counterpart, the thing he did when Sai came to the hiding place.

I somewhat doubt it's the yellow flash, because it's a speed thing, and I totally do not associate Naruto with speed. Also, it only gets him his ass kicked faster. I'd somewhat go with a special version of Chidori that Kakashi developed long ago but couldn't use because he doesn't have enough chakra. But chidori requires speed and good eyes.

So, actually, they might simply send him back to school and give him a proper education. Naruto with a few more basic jutsus, a cool mind and some moderately advanced tactics is indeed quite a force already. Or rather, would be.

i would truly doubt it would be a more powerful chidori because why would that make him more powerful then kakashi that wont really make a diffrence and rasengan is more then capable of taken people out. How would naruto going back to school help and it isnt something only naruto can do lol. It most likely has something to do with a large amount of chakra if anything.

Elessar
Fri, 06-16-2006, 09:11 PM
What Naruto can do after school and behaving like a sane person sure is something only he can do.

Giving him another ultimate move won't cut the slack. He is too dumb to fight. Battle tactics is the one discipline where Naruto lacks compared to Kakashi like in no other. Therefor, it is the one where he can gain the most in the fewest time. We do not know if the outcome of the training can only be done be Naruto. It can also be that the training itself, the schedule, can only be done by someone with Narutos stamina and self-healing.

Sidnne
Fri, 06-16-2006, 11:01 PM
To me, it doesn't matter how strong Naruto becomes. Its going to suck if he is still a bumbling idiot with the personality of a 5 year old.

The Heretic Azazel
Fri, 06-16-2006, 11:22 PM
How can it be Yondaime's flicker jutsu when Kakashi can't use it?

shinta|hikari
Fri, 06-16-2006, 11:28 PM
I dont agree with all the naruto is stupid stuff. He is immature, and has the personality of a 5 year old, that much cannot be denied. But he is hardly stupid, as proven by how he has handled the battles with Zabuza, Kiba, Neji, and Gaara, as well as his amazing use of rasengan in the water battle to save everyone.

This just means that despite being a great tactician, if you cannot keep you emotions in check there is no way you can pull it out. It also means that rather than naruto being stupid, it is the author that is stupid, almost ruining a great character just because he is too lazy to come up with great smart battles like the ones before.

If you think about it logically, naruto defintely has mastered the kuchiyose no jutsu for frogs. It just wouldnt make sense if he learned the technique in such a short time and still isnt able to use it after all that training with the ero frog king.

Some people might argue that naruto couldnt even master rasengan, but rasengan is not just some normal technique. It is a killer move that the 4th, a genius ninja, came up with. He did in fact learn it in a week, but that is only because he cheated and used kagebunshins. It just makes sense that without the KB, there is no way he could overcome the last and hardest part of learning rasengan in such a short time.

I dont think its a good idea for naruto to be suddenly aware of a ton of jutsus, and how to break genjutsu and stuff. It just isnt naruto. Indeed characters can change, but such a change would go against the kind of person naruto is, and would lead to the loss of his appeal in the 1st place. His intelligence isnt like sakuras and sasukes. It is in fact more strategy than knowledge, and it was amazaing how he survived with just that.

EDIT: not being able to use the technique doesnt mean you cant teach it. of course the hiraishin is not a sure thing yet, but it isnt too far fetched for kakashi to know how to do it since he was the 4ths student. There is probably just certain restrictions that prevented him from actually using it. (chakra maybe?)

The Heretic Azazel
Fri, 06-16-2006, 11:50 PM
I don't know, seems to me one's mastery of a move is vital to teaching someone else how to pull it off.

mage
Sat, 06-17-2006, 12:12 AM
The only way Naruto can surpass Kakashi in anything less than several years is through pure kyuubi strength only. Whatever Naruto does, he will never be able to match Kakashi's skill and experience unless hes just able to overpower him.

LaZie
Sat, 06-17-2006, 12:17 AM
I bet it has something to do with Kyuubi or his blood :o

Assassin
Sat, 06-17-2006, 01:34 AM
New techinique for Naruto which can surpass Kakashi?? What the freak.... if Kakashi can do the technique, wouldn't it mean that the techinque + his experience + WIDE range of jutsus is still greater than Naruto's lack of jutsus and experience?

which is probably why its gonna be a technique that kakashi can't do, atleast not fully (like the rasengan). so ya, the odds are high that its another of the 4ths technique.

Raven
Sat, 06-17-2006, 01:59 AM
Obviously it's something to do with using the Kyuubi, seeing it's something that ONLY Naruto can do...

chet_chetty
Sat, 06-17-2006, 02:59 AM
well kagebunshin is another thing only naruto can do since sakura & sai cannot do it (as injun pointed out).

i've pretty much accepted the fact that in those 2.5 years w/ jiraiya, "all" jiraiya taught naruto was to reach the 3rd and 4 tails, and "that jutsu". that's it. it took naruto roughly 1 year to get to the 2nd tail. so, to reach the 3rd and 4th tails does not seem like "it's not enough" for 2.5 years worth of training.

i do not believe "that jutsu" is the fourth's flash technique because moving great distances at high speeds is not highly dangerous/risky (at least when the fourth used it) the way jiraiya builds it up to be.

following what assertn said about the teacher teaching the student only what the teacher can already do, it's hard for me to believe that kakashi knows the yellow flash technique. i do not believe it is a bloodline limit technique, which i guess means kakashi could have copied it in his time spent w/ the fourth. but i really dont think he did based simply on how grandiose a jutsu it is.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 06-17-2006, 03:56 AM
well kagebunshin is another thing only naruto can do since sakura & sai cannot do it (as injun pointed out).

i've pretty much accepted the fact that in those 2.5 years w/ jiraiya, "all" jiraiya taught naruto was to reach the 3rd and 4 tails, and "that jutsu". .

Kakashi said that ONLY naruto could do that training, not only naruto among his teammates.

That is not a fact. It is only your assumption. Naruto didnt 'learn' growing those tails, it just escalates the more he is consumed by the kyuubi as he uses its chakra.

Edort4
Sat, 06-17-2006, 05:25 AM
This is completely my invention but I think that the number of tails is related to what Naruto is able of. In the begining it was stated by Jiraya, if I correctly recall, that Naruto couldnt take out much of the kyubii chakra because he was "a too small container". I understand that in the way that naruto wasnt able to gather much chakra or release it.

As time went by he gained more stamina, more chakra and more control over it letting him release higher amounts of kyubii chakra.

In the begining against Haku: a huge amount of chakra but no tails (and that was the time that naruto has been most pissed imo).

In the middle: Against Neji he released the chakra in the same way. And against Gara too but here he was releasing way more chakra than in previus fights.

Then against Sasuke he released one tail and lots more of chakra.

Now he is able of releasing 4 tails (but only 3 effectively).

So the stronger he is the more tails he is able to release. Consecuently more tails-> less control over it.Tthus more chances to go into berserk.

After all this nonsense I have to say that I would be very dissapointed if after hearing the speech from Yamato about Naruto using his own strength and not relying completely to kyubii fast power boost he just gets a technique from Kakashi to use it even more.

This is the similarity and difference between Naruto and Sasuke both have a cheap way of becoming strong but Naruto has shown that he doesnt take shortcuts. Because "the arent shortcuts to become Hokage".

I hope they let kyubii rest for a bit, even if they use his chakra I dont want any more tails!!

shinta|hikari
Sat, 06-17-2006, 06:12 AM
What kakashi is talking about is definitely related to kyuubi, and it is going to be a shortcut as explicitly mentioned by kakashi. BUT, i dont think he is going to completely rely on the kyuubi in battle, but rather just use it in the new training and maybe as a support in battle like before.

Naruto does indeed take shortcuts. The very fact that the kyuubi is inside of him is already a shortcut, enabling him to do things that he otherwise wouldnt have been able to do. (like beat neji, gaara, and fight evenly with sasuke) The differences is, he doesnt use it in a cheap way, because he doesnt sell his principles just to obtain power like sasuke did. (wait, sasuke didnt have principles in the first place, oh well)

Yamatos speech wasnt about not using the kyuubi ever, but rather not using it in the way he did. Naruto depended on the kyuubi completely, to the point of losing consciousness and hurting sakura. That is what Yamato is trying to avoid. If kyuubi only had good points without any dangers, I bet yamato would be the first person to make naruto use the kyuubi to its full extent.

I really doubt theres gonna be any more tails, because that will completely defeat the purpose of the last arc and narutos resolve to not use the kyuubi in battle anymore.

Scarface
Sat, 06-17-2006, 11:58 AM
i was thinkin similiar to someone in thinking that maybe kakashi will give up his sharingan to naruto ...he definitely has the stamina for it....yep first post but been readin everyones for years

mage
Sat, 06-17-2006, 12:20 PM
I don't think Kakashi will give up his sharingan until he's about to die. He's still young and has many fights ahead of him.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 06-17-2006, 12:44 PM
Its just absurd to think that kakashi would give naruto the sharingan. First of all, surgery isnt training. Next, receiving the eye isnt something only naruto can do, and the sharingan itself only eats insane amounts of chakra if it is already mangekyou. Lastly, even having the sharingan, there is no way naruto will pass, or even get near kakashis level (even without the sharingan).

mage
Sat, 06-17-2006, 01:13 PM
Its just absurd to think that kakashi would give naruto the sharingan. First of all, surgery isnt training. Next, receiving the eye isnt something only naruto can do, and the sharingan itself only eats insane amounts of chakra if it is already mangekyou. Lastly, even having the sharingan, there is no way naruto will pass, or even get near kakashis level (even without the sharingan).
it uses tons of chakra regardless if it's mangekyou or not. kakashi has gassed out several times due to overusing his sharingan.

bxgreatone87
Sat, 06-17-2006, 01:14 PM
the sharigan thing is ubsurd for one how would it only be something naruto can do when kakashi was no one special in that he could get it (he was a good ninja but no someone with insane hidden abilities or like others are saying healing powers like naruto). It has something to do with his large amount of chakra or something with the nine tails thats the only possible way it is something only naruto can do. The only other thing it can be is something that we dont know about naruto and his mother and father the way this manga goes and all the twist and turns i wouldnt be suprised by them doing something like naruto has a bloodline lmao. i hope not but this guy pullstuff out his ass when writing something new for a character.

chet_chetty
Sat, 06-17-2006, 03:38 PM
Kakashi said that ONLY naruto could do that training, not only naruto among his teammates.

That is not a fact. It is only your assumption. Naruto didnt 'learn' growing those tails, it just escalates the more he is consumed by the kyuubi as he uses its chakra.

well we'll never know exactly how naruto got the 3rd and 4th tails. he got the 1st and 2nd in battle in confrontation w/ ppl he felt close to. he gets consumed by such chakra from the extent of emotion he feels in that moment.i'm not sure what kinda of anger unmanagement training jiraiya would have shown naruto in their 2 1/2 yrs away from everyone close to them for that much more chakra to consume him and get to the 3rd and 4th tails.

and yes i do realize it is not fact and my assumption that kakashi meant only naruto out of his teammates could do this special training. but it makes the most sense because the other 2 teammates make up the team, and Kakashi is training only this team.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sat, 06-17-2006, 06:35 PM
Kakashi did have the Sharingan when he the fourth was alive. So he may have had an oppurtunity to copy it. He may not have been able to use it, but he may have copied it enough to be able to teach to Naruto. Kinda like Sasuke being able to see Lee's fast moves but not being able to copy them because he had to be faster and more developed in order to use them. So I think that it could be possible for Kakashi to know some techniques but not be able to use them due to limited chakra or not enough experience to use it.

:D

darkmetal505
Sat, 06-17-2006, 07:02 PM
Or the most obvious reason: the sharingan was a gift from Kakashi's best friend at his death. He won't give it up.

I think some are over evaluating. Kakashi just said Naruto might surpass. I think it was encouragement for Naruto and a hint to the degree of difficulty of the training Naruto will endure.

rotary7eaven
Sat, 06-17-2006, 08:31 PM
Kakashi did have the Sharingan when he the fourth was alive. So he may have had an oppurtunity to copy it. He may not have been able to use it, but he may have copied it enough to be able to teach to Naruto. Kinda like Sasuke being able to see Lee's fast moves but not being able to copy them because he had to be faster and more developed in order to use them. So I think that it could be possible for Kakashi to know some techniques but not be able to use them due to limited chakra or not enough experience to use it.

:D

kakashi didn't have the sharingan when the fourth used his technique. if he did learned it, he ever used it? i highly doubt that kakashi copied the fourth's technique.

Meteros
Sat, 06-17-2006, 08:36 PM
kakashi didn't have the sharingan when the fourth used his technique. if he did learned it, he ever used it? i highly doubt that kakashi copied the fourth's technique.
just cause it wasn't in the gaiden doesn't mean he couldn't have copied it afterwards. after all, the fourth wasn't even the hokage yet

Assertn
Sat, 06-17-2006, 08:57 PM
I like to anticipate things from a writer's perspective. Would kishimoto allow his main character to alter himself to have a sharingan? Would he allow his main jounin to alter himself (in a way that the audience hadn't become comfortable with) to support this plot change?

It would be too drastic of a shift in the natural characterstics of major characters to give naruto a sharingan. It would be hideous, and it would have a strong response both positively and negatively.

rotary7eaven
Sat, 06-17-2006, 08:57 PM
I highly doubt that this technique will be taught to Naruto due to the fact Kakashi never used it during the entire manga/anime series. Not to mention Sasuke's Sharingan would know what would have happened (Why didn't Kakashi teach Sasuke this technique?). The possibilities are quite few, but I'm only going to guess 2 of them. Kakashi give Naruto his Sharingan and teaches him to control the kyuubi within Naruto. Reason behind this because Naruto has the stamina and chakra of the kyuubi. In order to use the Sharingan, you have to have a huge amount of stamina and chakra.

eh...i dont know wtf i'm talking about.

Assertn
Sat, 06-17-2006, 09:05 PM
Why didn't Kakashi teach Sasuke this technique?
Kakashi: This is something only you can do, Naruto.

Sasuke's sharingan won't be able to negate the yellow flash. It isn't just an illusion that can be broken down or taijutsu that can be anticipated. If you recall, the 4th was able to locate and instantly appear to aid kakashi when kakashi threw that special kunai. Just by merely triggering a seal, the user can instantly appear at that seal. That is the Yellow Flash.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 06-17-2006, 10:08 PM
i'm not sure what kinda of anger unmanagement training jiraiya would have shown naruto in their 2 1/2 yrs away from everyone close to them for that much more chakra to consume him and get to the 3rd and 4th tails.

and yes i do realize it is not fact and my assumption that kakashi meant only naruto out of his teammates could do this special training. but it makes the most sense because the other 2 teammates make up the team, and Kakashi is training only this team.

I dont think Jiraiya intentionally made naruto angry just to bring out the 3rd and 4th tail. I doubt that was his intention at all. Like you mentioned, the other two tails were brought out with emotional fights, but they were also the fights where he was in a serious pinch and needed power. It just means that his training with jiraiya was that tough, where there were times where he almost died (well he was fighting sannin).

What you said about kakashi teaching that team alone would make sense if he didnt mention how much growth is possible with that training. Kakashi said that naruto could surpass him, and that means a gigantic power jump. If anyone in the leaf who has kagebunshin can learn that technique, wouldnt it make sense for kakashi to teach it to all the jounins and give them a gigantic power boost? Why not do the training himself since he has the kagebunshin as well? If he did, then there is no way naruto can surpass him, and if he didnt he would just be plain stupid (which he isnt).

EDIT: A lot of people think that hiraishin doesnt suit naruto because its a speed technique, but like assertn said, it really isnt. It is more like a teleportation jutsu, which creates a ton of possibilites, as well as ways to negate the sharingan. If naruto ever hopes to defeat that broken (overpowered) bloodline limit, he needs hiraishin or something to that effect. And like I said earlier, since it is teleportation, its already amazing to just imagine the possibilities when naruto combines it with his kagebunshin and tactics.

it uses tons of chakra regardless if it's mangekyou or not. kakashi has gassed out several times due to overusing his sharingan.

It does use a lot of chakra, but not insane amounts of it. It would hardly require someone to have infinite chakra to use it effectively, and that is my point. Mangekyou, though unbelievably powerful, can only be use a few times at a time because of chakra restrictions, so kyuubi would only be truly necessary (actually not even, look at itachi) in this case.

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 06-18-2006, 12:50 AM
It's kinda nice that Kakshi is bothering to teach naruto at all since it shows that he respects him unlike before where he simply dropped naruto off with the glasses guy just so he could train his favorite pupil. I'm still pissed off that fricking kakashi is going to give naruto the stupid power boost that he couldn't get from the 2.5 years of training with A FRICKING SANNIN!

I guess all naruto gained from that training was the really big rasengan, 4-th tail kyubi, and generally smarter use of the kage bushin (Since the time jump we haven't seen him do a blind taju kage bushin bum rush which is a good thing) right now i'm really thinking that "that jutsu" was probably the 4th tail but here's hoping that it turns out to be something else.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 06-18-2006, 07:27 AM
It is very unlikely that 'that jutsu' is the 4th tail. First off, its not even a jutsu. Secondly, the 4th tail isnt something he uses intentionally, so jiraiyas warning that naruto should not use it would fall on deaf ears. Lastly, that would just suck.

I still believe that naruto learned something from jiraiya other than what he has shown so far, excluding the 'that jutsu'.

MFauli
Sun, 06-18-2006, 09:03 AM
The problem is:

WHAT is "that jutsu", that Naruto not even against Orochimaru used it?
Or against Sasuke (ok, he´s his friend and he wants to save him).
It would be kind of weird, if all of sudden Naruto uses a cool uber-technique, that would have had been useful in former situations.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 06-18-2006, 09:57 AM
I think its not a cool-uber technique, that would have been useful in former situations, because if that is so, what reason would jiraiya have to not let naruto use it? It obviously has some drawbacks, or maybe requires quite a costly sacrifice.

Meteros
Sun, 06-18-2006, 10:53 AM
jiraiya does tell naruto not to become too hot headed and to get a grip on himself before he loses control right before he says to not use that jutsu, so i don't think the 4th tail being "that jutsu" should be ruled out

shinta|hikari
Sun, 06-18-2006, 12:05 PM
He tells that to naruto to prevent him from going into 4th tail mode (and the fact that naruto is ALWAYS hot headed), then he says that he shouldnt 'use' that jutsu. I am not absolutely ruling out that possibility, but the chance of it being true is very low.

Terracosmo
Sun, 06-18-2006, 12:30 PM
ROTFLMAO

"H-A-G"

Sai just earned a lot of character points

For some reason I found him to be very cute in this chapter despite him just being "there" and very predictable since he was first introduced..

Zidarri the Exile
Sun, 06-18-2006, 06:59 PM
I can't wait for 312. Naruto surpass Kaka-sensei? Never! I have to see this.

Obviously, since only Naruto can do it, it has to do with Kyuubi.

Divinity
Sun, 06-18-2006, 08:00 PM
Yes... the technique probably requires the kyuubi or the insane amount of chakra naruto has. Most likely it consumes a lot of chakra... im hoping its the yellow flash though.. would be cool.

Zidarri the Exile
Sun, 06-18-2006, 09:00 PM
Yellow Flash is what the 4th used, right?

Kakashi didn't learn it, so how can he teach it to Naruto?

Knowing Naruto's range of overused jutsu's, like Rasengan, Kage Bunshin, and so on, it's probably gonna be a really high-level jutsu, that is stronger than the Rasengan.

Divinity
Sun, 06-18-2006, 09:51 PM
Well there's always a possibility Kakashi was taught it, but he couldn't do it. Just because you can't do something, doesn't mean you dont know how it is taught and how to teach it.

For example... A move in soccer can be done in slow motion, but your not fast enough to do it fast... So you know how it is done, you just cant do it because your body isn't fit to do it yet.

dragon608608
Mon, 06-19-2006, 02:15 AM
Well there's always a possibility Kakashi was taught it, but he couldn't do it. Just because you can't do something, doesn't mean you dont know how it is taught and how to teach it.

For example... A move in soccer can be done in slow motion, but your not fast enough to do it fast... So you know how it is done, you just cant do it because your body isn't fit to do it yet.

I agree with you. For example, there is a person who real love kung-fu, but he has a really weak body. As the result, he can't practice kung-fu. However, it doesn't mean that he can't watch. He travel around the world and watch every thing that he can. What do you think going to happen? definitely, he will know every move (notice: know is very different than do it. OK?), he know the theory behind that move and how to train for it. Do you think with all that knowledge can that guy able to teach another person who strong enough to successfully inherit that move? Same thing with Kakashi, Kakashi travel around a lot, especially before team 7 was ever form. In the addition, the sharingan that he has able him to see how all the technique was process as well as how to execuse it. Can he teach it to Naruto? definitely. But Why he can't do it? I don't know maybe he lack of charka need to perform it (be my guess to think whatever you want on why he can't do it?)

What the hell is the move that Kakashi will teach Naruto? I don't know. But look at the Naruto record: Kage bunsin (Jounin leve -- thos Jounin Ninja in the first chunin exam when Naruto fought with Neji said it). Sumon no Jutsu (sumom boss frog) (only 2 know people was every use it the Fourth and Ero Sanin -- maybe there are others but we don't know it yet -- so i will assume it is A grade level or higher). Rasengan same thing only 2 people use it, the Fourth and Ero Sanin, (what fasinating is that according to the Ero Sanin the Forth is praise to be the second strongest because of this move. In addition, not even sharingan can copy it -- considering what both Kakashi and Sasuke comment when first saw it -- A grade level difficulty. For me, i think it should be S minus level of difficulty.) All this move have few things in common: (1) all high level. (2) all require lot of charka. (3) all involve physical movement (4)all can't be copy by sharingan. (5) all practical. But what his new move will be. I don't know, but i will bet it will be a move that have all the five point that i memtion.

Zidarri the Exile
Mon, 06-19-2006, 04:58 AM
:/

I know the basics of a computer, but I can't take one apart, and put it back together. To know something, you have to be able to do it. I can watch Karate for 40 years, and only know what it looks like, but not how to do it.

I know how to spell the word anti-social, and I can spell, and do spell it.

Fourth would not have taught Kakashi how to do it, unless he could.

And besides, if I remember correctly, it isn't a jutsu, it's a nickname. Yellow Flash. Because he is really, really fast.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 06-19-2006, 06:26 AM
You didnt remember correctly. Please read back a few replies to get the definition of the yellow flash/hiraishin no JUTSU.

You can teach people things you cant do, not by showing them but by teaching them the theory. Granted that is difficult in this case since it is a jutsu, but not impossible. What you said didnt relate to teaching at all, but doing. Whether teaching and doing is different was the flow of the discussion, til you replied.

The 4th probably didnt teach it, but kakashi might have seen it with the sharingan, and just couldnt do it because of certain restrictions.

EDIT : of course, all this is just theory, but still ones based on fact and logic, not on groundless (and mistaken) assumptions.

Raven
Mon, 06-19-2006, 08:35 AM
Think of a coach for an athlete. If a tennis player is being coached by someone, does that mean the coach can do everything the player can? No, but he/she can still teach the player and give advice/training.

darkmetal505
Mon, 06-19-2006, 07:19 PM
I hate how everyone is assuming that the quick flash technique will be taught. Kakashi never even implied anything near that. All he said was that Naruto would get stronger and Naruto might surpass Kakashi.

Maybe I just don't want to see Naruto learning the technique the Fourth was esteemed for. That would just degrade him. Its enough that Naruto learned Rasengan. He just needs to learn how to use his brain.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 06-19-2006, 07:41 PM
Its not like everyone wants naruto to learn that technique. Its just that, with the information we have, it seems to be the most logical guess.

Yes, I agree with you completely on this one. I didnt want naruto to learn the hiraishin, but maybe its too late now. During the years he spent with jiraiya, I was hoping he would learn a ton of jutsus, and maybe come up with ones himself and develop to an entirely new level as a ninja. But seeing as to how that didnt happen, they had to resort to this fucking cheap ass way to power naruto up. Unless its some new uber jutsu, or training that can reincarnate ninjas 10x stronger, hiraishin just seemed the only logical choice.

I in fact hate how naruto is just going along copying all the moves of the 4th. If he wants to be hokage, he shouldnt be the 4ths replacement. Like he said before, he should do it with his own way of the ninja.

dragon608608
Mon, 06-19-2006, 10:08 PM
...he should do it with his own way of the ninja.

I am completely with you here. If Naruto have ton of ninjutsu, what will he become? Another Orochimaru? or Sasuke? I think he shouldn't have to learn a lot of ninjutsu, instead, I want him to learn only few of them (each and everyone of them have to be bad ass of course), and refine them to take them to the next level to develop his own Naruto's style.

For those of you who thought Naruto using a cheap way to get stronger, I am in fact didn't think so at all. It is true that he need someone else (like Kakashi and Ero Sanin) to teach him the move, but Naruto learn and practice it with his own power. He even refuse to use Kuuybi's power during his encounter with Sasuke. Unlike someone that we know, who using drug and devil power (curse seal) to get stronger and still not having a second thought about it, Naruto is decent guy by my eyes.

Zidarri the Exile
Tue, 06-20-2006, 01:27 AM
His 'way of the ninja' is to "Never take back his words". So saying he should stop learning jutsu's of the Fourth, and use his own way, doesn't really work. He should do his best to be the best.

Sarutobi, Sandaime Hokage, knew every Jutsu of Konoha, or so it was said. Does that mean he did not become Hokage in his own way?

Yellow Flash was ALSO his nickname. So I am right, but wrong as well.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 06-20-2006, 05:07 AM
His way of the ninja isnt just to not take back his words. He basically says it anytime he uses his determination to achieve anything, and that example is just one of them.

Naruto is just copying all of the jutsus of the 4th, and of course becoming stronger. But being a hokage isnt just about being strong obviously. He is like becoming the 4th himself, instead of trying to become a hokage for the reason he had since the beginning, which is to be recognized.

The reason why people (like tsunade, sakura etc) think that naruto can become a hokage isnt because he is strong, nor is it because of the rasengan or frog summon. Its because of who he is, and 'his way of the ninja'.

That is why I mentioned that going this way seems to veer away from his own way of being a ninja. Obviously I am not saying that it is wrong for him to copy the jutsus, just that its boring and I dont like it. (He is becoming like a 4th clone, how the hell is anyone supposed to recognize him as naruto like that)

Sarutobi learned all of the jutsu of konoha. Come on think. Isnt that becoming a hokage in his own way in itself? Not all hokages learn all the jutsu of their village, and he actually did that, making him truly worthy of being hokage.

And you were completely wrong, because the point you were trying to make wasnt that his nickname was the yellow flash (which everyone knows), but that Hiraishin wasnt a jutsu. Completely missing your point cant be called being right in the least.

The Master
Tue, 06-20-2006, 08:05 AM
the foruth hokage was nicknamed konohas yellow flash and the technique he used was called body flicker

shinta|hikari
Tue, 06-20-2006, 08:29 AM
Ooops. I carelessly put yellow flash and hiraishin together in an earlier post. But yeah, Hiraishin was the jutsu, and because of that jutsu, he was called the yellow flash. I guess since it was because of Hiraishin that the nickname was coined that people have mistakenly associated yellow flash as a synonym for hiraishin. But its because of the jutsu, not his speed, that the 4th was known as that.

bxgreatone87
Tue, 06-20-2006, 03:25 PM
His way of the ninja isnt just to not take back his words. He basically says it anytime he uses his determination to achieve anything, and that example is just one of them.

Naruto is just copying all of the jutsus of the 4th, and of course becoming stronger. But being a hokage isnt just about being strong obviously. He is like becoming the 4th himself, instead of trying to become a hokage for the reason he had since the beginning, which is to be recognized.

The reason why people (like tsunade, sakura etc) think that naruto can become a hokage isnt because he is strong, nor is it because of the rasengan or frog summon. Its because of who he is, and 'his way of the ninja'.

That is why I mentioned that going this way seems to veer away from his own way of being a ninja. Obviously I am not saying that it is wrong for him to copy the jutsus, just that its boring and I dont like it. (He is becoming like a 4th clone, how the hell is anyone supposed to recognize him as naruto like that)

Sarutobi learned all of the jutsu of konoha. Come on think. Isnt that becoming a hokage in his own way in itself? Not all hokages learn all the jutsu of their village, and he actually did that, making him truly worthy of being hokage.

And you were completely wrong, because the point you were trying to make wasnt that his nickname was the yellow flash (which everyone knows), but that Hiraishin wasnt a jutsu. Completely missing your point cant be called being right in the least.

From what u are saying you make it seem like its narutos fault that his two teachers have taought him moves the 4th has know. What you want him to say no! i dont want to learn what u are teaching me. It makes no sense dont all ninja learn and become what thier teachers show them. S if naruto leanrs another move that the 4th had he is learning them from 1. the teacher of the forth and 2. a student of the fourth so wouldnt he basically be forced to learn abilities from the fourth. The only major thing naruto can learn from kakashi is something like chidori and he cant use it without sharigan anyway cause remember it can only be perfected if the user can obtain a high speed and also be able to move aound to avoid attacks which kakashi wasnt able to do until he obtained sharigan.The third hokage knew all the moves of konoha because he was tought by the 2 founders of the village and the first 2 hokages. The studen become the teacher so naruto learns from the teacher/stduent of the 4th makeing him like the 4th in the end.

mage
Tue, 06-20-2006, 07:05 PM
Did your net mess up and delete random letters and words from your post as well? It's barely comprehensible.

darkmetal505
Tue, 06-20-2006, 07:51 PM
From what u are saying you make it seem like its narutos fault that his two teachers have taought him moves the 4th has know. What you want him to say no! i dont want to learn what u are teaching me. It makes no sense dont all ninja learn and become what thier teachers show them. S if naruto leanrs another move that the 4th had he is learning them from 1. the teacher of the forth and 2. a student of the fourth so wouldnt he basically be forced to learn abilities from the fourth. The only major thing naruto can learn from kakashi is something like chidori and he cant use it without sharigan anyway cause remember it can only be perfected if the user can obtain a high speed and also be able to move aound to avoid attacks which kakashi wasnt able to do until he obtained sharigan.The third hokage knew all the moves of konoha because he was tought by the 2 founders of the village and the first 2 hokages. The studen become the teacher so naruto learns from the teacher/stduent of the 4th makeing him like the 4th in the end.

yes, but since when has Kakashi ever used a justsu of the Fourth?

The only major thing naruto can learn from kakashi is something like chidori and he cant use it without sharigan anyway cause remember it can only be perfected if the user can obtain a high speed and also be able to move aound to avoid attacks which kakashi wasnt able to do until he obtained sharigan.

I'm pretty sure that was Sasuke. They never said you need sharingan to perform chidori. Where did Kakashi copy his speed from? Gai? Sasuke used sharingan to copy Lee's speed because he was time pressed.

The studen become the teacher so naruto learns from the teacher/stduent of the 4th makeing him like the 4th in the end.

Using this theory, Orochimaru, Jiraya, and Tsunade are actually the 3rd! But they fight completely differently! ZOMG!

Contradictions suck.

Mage is right. Did your net somehow mess up your english?

shinta|hikari
Tue, 06-20-2006, 09:53 PM
From what u are saying you make it seem like its narutos fault that his two teachers have taought him moves the 4th has know. What you want him to say no! i dont want to learn what u are teaching me.

Err... I think darkmetal pretty much covered all the logical blackholes in your post, but just to clear things up, I never said anything about it being Narutos fault. I even said that Im not saying that it is wrong for him to copy the moves, since as you mentioned many ninjas do it. But, what I did say is that if that continues, it will just get boring and that I dont like the path naruto is taking. It is not naruto the characters fault, since obviously he doesnt have much choice, but the authors.

Being taught by two hokages doesnt guarantee you learn all the jutsus in your village. In fact, logically speaking that has no connection whatsoever. Rather than the teacher, the one to be recognized is the one who actually did that task.

Still, Im surprised how adamantly you defended naruto. Its like he was a real person that you know or something... I am not saying that is bad though (depends), but next time please understand the post before you let your emotions chew away at your brain. Maybe then you can write something more comprehensible.

Divinity
Wed, 06-21-2006, 12:28 AM
I don't have a problem with Naruto learning other jutsus from other people.

What is so wrong with that? I'm pretty sure every ninja in the show have many jutsus that other ninjas can use as well. Sure it's cool to be unique, but I think Naruto's Kage Bunshins are what make him unique already. He is the only one who is able to use it(at least so far we've seen) multiple times because of his unlimited chakra. Anyways... I have nothing against a subordinate learning the same jutsus from his trainers... To be honest, I think it's pretty cool taking after your trainers.

And yes, to darkmetal, the Sharingan was needed for Kakashi to fully master his Chidori. I think it was in the manga where the 4th told Kakashi. It's an incomplete jutsu because there are many openings to attack Kakashi from. When Kakashi got his Sharingan, he could see which openings were being attacked and he could dodge them while running with his Chidori.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 06-21-2006, 11:45 AM
Learning other jutsus from other people is fine. Its is what everyone does. But Naruto is learning only the 4ths techniques, and that is what I find irritating. I mean, there are tons of other jutsus out there, ones that would go well with his unique use of kagebunshin too, but all he keeps learning are the 4th jutsus. Taking after your master doesnt mean becoming them, which is what naruto is slowly but steadily doing.

Sharingan isnt necessary to do the chidori, but it is necessary to use it effectively (in kakashi and sasukes case at least). If you have something that will make up for its weakness (for example using genjutsu or summoning something to hold down your opponent which kakashi actually did), then sharingan isnt required at all.

EDIT : the reason I find naruto becoming almost like the 4th irritiating is because it seems to defeat his original purpose of wanting to be recognized. Even if he does become hokage, people will see him as the guy who is almost or as strong as the 4th, not as a completly separate ninja. Instead of his own merits, it seems like he just took the 4ths merits as well as his place as hokage. (this is of course if naruto does indeed learn the hiraishin, if not then anything new would be very welcome)

chet_chetty
Wed, 06-21-2006, 04:17 PM
Are we confusing Naruto w/ Sasuke here saying he'll become recognized "in his own way"? Of the many themes attached to Naruto's character, being recognized by being a unique ninja was not one of them. He mainly wants to become Hokage and be recognized simply because he is constantly underestimated.

I would personally like to see Naruto become as close to the 4th as possible because it is known the 4th was a badass ninja who was powerful enough to seal Kyuubi. We will never see the 4th in action outside of against some army in the Kakashi Gaiden.

If/when Naruto gets to the 4th's level, by imitating the 4th's style, it will be a sight to see.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 06-21-2006, 08:27 PM
Naruto always had his own style, in both character and his fighting. That is what made me like Naruto in the first place. I didnt say he had to be recognized as a unique ninja, he just shouldnt become the 4th. That is obviously different. No one in naruto has moves exactly like their teacher, (even though jiraiya and 4th have a lot in common though still a lot of differences) and naruto having the same ougis as the 4th is like cheapening his character because the author is tired of thinking of new jutsus.

Also, if you really think he should be like the 4th, he shouldnt imitate jutsus all the time. The 4th wasnt strong because he imitated jiraiyas jutsus, but because he created new very powerful ones (ie rasengan).

Sasuke never wanted to be recognized. He just wants his revenge. "in his own way" for sasuke never existed. He has sharingan for crying out loud.

I understand that you want to see the 4th in action again, but I dont think seeing that is worth reincarnating him in naruto. I would rather see new more creative jutsus that naruto came up with himself rather than the 4ths clone.

Naruto getting to the 4ths level IS a sight to see, but naruto becoming the 4th himself isnt.

EDIT : the reason naruto wants to be recognized isnt only because he is constantly underestimated. It is mainly because of the fact that he was shunned or either treated as non-existent by the villagers because of the kyuubi. Because of this, he didnt have friends and was always thought of as nothing. That is why he wanted people to know that Naruto existed, that naruto had worth.

He may get the recognition as a strong ninja if he became the 4ths clone. And no one would underestimate him again, but rather than Naruto himself having worth, it is like he just took the 4ths identity and became known for that.

Edort4
Wed, 06-21-2006, 10:39 PM
Dont take this bad but not by making lots of answers you are righter. In Naruto almost everyone has the jutsus of his parents or teachers. Is just common sense. If they already know good working jutsus they will teach or pass them, I think that if somebody knows the 4th jutsus and Naruto is able of doing them they should teach him everything.

Not because I want Naruto to be like the 4th just to prevent those jutsus to be lost if Naruto is the only descendence of the 4th is common sense for him to learn his jutsus just like the rest of Konoha. For example if only jiraya knows rasengan and is killed that technique is lost. And that, I guess, is the reason for the families or clans in the ninja villages. To inherit the knowledge of all their ancestors. Some people can make new jutsus,even if as time goes by it must be much harder because lots of things are already invented.

So basically I would like some new unique techniques for Naruto and those could be 4ths or anyone elses techniques.

For the edited part: then you can say that almost everyone in the series isnt real, just clones of their teachers or parents... :eek: . It doesnt matter what jutsus Naruto learns he is Naruto the number 1º suprise ninja and that wont change. (I guess that if Naruto learns chidori that makes him a clone of kakashi... thats cool ;) ).

shinta|hikari
Wed, 06-21-2006, 11:05 PM
Err, all of what you just said is just an opinion as well. Its not about being right or wrong, so please dont put that into the discussion. If you can actually read posts, read back a few and see what I was discussing from the very beginning. Just so you will understand, I will repeat what I said. I never said it was wrong for naruto to learn the 4ths techniques. Its that I dont like it, and I feel that it is boring. Arguing about it isnt about proving that my opinion is right, but rather defending why I think that way.

This was never about maintaining and inheriting jutsus. The whole discussion was about whether it would be better for the naruto as a character if he learned the 4ths jutsus or not.

Are you seriously thinking that naruto the surprise ninja didnt change? Its like you havent been reading the manga. For the whole of the last arc he was one big disappointment. Nothing was surprising whatsoever. Obviously that is not narutos fault (wouldnt want naruto fanatics like you to flame me for blaming him) but rather the authors.

Oh come on, about the edited part, what you just said is one of the most gigantic false generalizations I have ever heard. I never generalized that anyone who learns techniques from their master becomes them. What I was implying was that Naruto is becoming less and less himself (the guy we all knew and loved) as he learns all the 4ths techniques. If you dont believe it to be so, argue on this point, not by inserting irrelevant information. Really, I cant believe you took the word clone literally...

Also, even though the ninjas receive jutsus from their teachers, the great ones always rose up because of their own skills and jutsus.(kakashis chidori, the firsts wood jutsus, the 4ths hiraishin, the third for knowing almost all the jutsus of the village, and so forth).

And also, the more VALID reasons you state in defense of you answer, the more understandable and acceptable it becomes.

Finally, no offense but if you could fix the grammar a bit (especially in the first part) it would really be a big help in understanding your post.

Edort4
Fri, 06-23-2006, 01:58 PM
Sorry about my grammar english is my 4th language and I do a lot of mistakes. So dont hesitate to correct me :D.

What I said is not an opinion, is what happens in naruto. All the clans pass their jutsus to their descendants. Some of them to their pupils (i.e gay and lee). If what we all think is true , that naruto is the 4ths son, then is clear that he sould learn his techniques. Is not a matter of liking it or not is just how things are in the leaf village.

I agree with you about naruto changing, but if after 2.5 years he's still the same brat it would feel even more dissapointing. I like the little bit matured naruto we have now. Im not a fanatic of nothing dunno why you thought that. I understand that you would like naruto learning other jutsus and having his own style but its too soon to say that he hasnt his own style because he learns a new jutsus that we dont even know what is.

About the clones I was joking. I also agreed with you about having new own created jutsus. But as time goes by and people made more jutsus that gets harder. And naruto isnt a genius so I dont have any hurry in seeing him developing his own jutsus. Give him time.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 06-24-2006, 11:06 AM
He hasnt matured at all, that is the problem. I was referring to how he changed so much during the short time that was shown of him being a no one to the guy who was even recognized by the 5th. He is that kind of person, not a brat. But what happened to naruto was, he stopped changing, and for 2 years it seemed as if nothing happened.

Naruto isnt a genius, but he is quite talented in his own ways. He never needed time to learn the rasengan, and even the kagebunshin. What happened to all that? he suddenly learns at a turtles pace for those two years.

Naruto being the 4ths son isnt sure yet, so if the rest of what you said was based on that, its even worse than an opinion.

ChaosK
Sat, 06-24-2006, 02:18 PM
Umm sorry guys I seemed to have missed something but what is a hirasishin....thing?

Edort4
Sat, 06-24-2006, 03:21 PM
The definition for hiraishin is in some previous post if I remember correctly. Its the move the 4th used in the gaiden, that kind of teleport thing.

@Shinta is obvious that we read different mangas so there is no point in discussing.

Knives122
Sat, 06-24-2006, 06:03 PM
CK go look at the 2nd page, I posted it there.