PDA

View Full Version : Movie: Cars

Honoko
Sat, 06-10-2006, 11:37 PM
For most Pixar flicks, I go through a cycle that begins with anxiety and doubt and ends with a "Hey, that was pretty good!"

This wasn't the greatest Pixar movie ever made but it still had the company's trademark excellent storytelling and humor. So ignore all those stinky reviews and go see it and judge it for yourself. So comparing amonst Pixar films, it was okay. Comparing to all other movies in general, it was pretty damn good.

Ending credits were hilarious so stick around for them. And if anyone can explain to me the humor in the veerrrryy last scene after all the credits are done, I'd appreciate it. A headscratcher, that one was :confused:

mage
Sat, 06-10-2006, 11:43 PM
I thought this movie sucked. I'm not going to tell you why, either.

XanBcoo
Sun, 06-11-2006, 01:09 AM
Literally just got back from seeing this.

Honestly, I didn't like it as much as other Pixar movies (The Incredibles being my absolute favorite). It's pretty formulaic, and I got really bored half way through. The opening scene is pretty exhillerating though and got me into the movie. Then stuff kinda slowed down and I didn't laugh very often.

Funny enough, I can't stand Larry the Cable Guy, but I liked Mater's character. In fact, I think a lot of the movie's humor (for me at least) was based on the casting. Like how they had George Carlin as an old hippie van, Cheech as a stereotypical mexican car, and Tony Shalhoub as an Italian car. There were other cameos, and all were pretty funny. They also had that guy who's been in every Pixar movie thusfar (the Piggybank in Toy Story, the circus flea in A Bug's Life, etc.) with a hilarious bit about that during the ending credits.

Entertaining movie I guess, but I didn't love it. Not nearly enough fast paced racing in a movie about racecars.

Winged Dancer
Sun, 06-11-2006, 10:57 AM
Wow, it's out already? Wonder how much they'll take to (maul) dub it and screen it her ein my country.

Anyway, though I'll probably see it I'm not too excited about it.

I'm a girl and a comic fan, so Finding Nemo had me sold as soon as I saw fishes and The Incredilbes as soon as.... well, as soon as I heard "superheroes".

But now, cars? I know nothing of cars and I'm not interested in talking Hotwheels, so I'm just skeptic. I'll probably see it anyway....

Knives122
Sun, 06-11-2006, 01:08 PM
Well settles it, I'm saving my money for Superman