PDA

View Full Version : Movie: AVP 2: Aliens vs. Predator

Psyke
Thu, 06-08-2006, 03:14 AM
IGN FilmForce first reported the news that 20th Century Fox may have signed special effects artists-turned-directors Greg and Colin Strause (aka the Brothers Strause) to helm Alien vs. Predator 2 (aka "AVP2"). The brothers themselves have now confirmed the news at their official website.

In addition to their award-winning work as music video and commercial directors, the Brothers Strause also run Hydraulx, which has provided special effects work for such Fox films as X-Men: The Last Stand, Fantastic Four and The Day After Tomorrow.

Source: IGN FilmForce
June 8, 2006

I hope the series hasn't already been totally destroyed by the 1st film. At least they didn't get WS Anderson this time. He's already done enough damage to at least 2 major franchise. :(

Kraco
Thu, 06-08-2006, 03:21 AM
Hmm... Well, the good things is that it can't probably get any worse than the first one, if they do serious work at all. AVP was like balloon: It looked like a big thing, but there was nothing but empty air inside.

Cloud 9
Thu, 06-08-2006, 07:17 AM
I didn't hate the first film or anything, but it certainly wasn't anything great. I didn't think it was good either. It was just.. "meh". Hopefully a new director (I think?) will be able to turn it around and make it as it should be. I'm really, really starting to hate W.S. Anderson now.

Psyke
Sun, 08-26-2007, 06:31 AM
News from superherohype:

20th Century Fox has revealed the new Red Band trailer for Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem, opening in theaters on December 25. Directed by the Strause brothers and written by Shane Salerno, the movie stars David Paetkau, John Ortiz, Johnny Lewis, Reiko Aylesworth, Sam Trammell, Shareeka Epps and Steven Pasquale.

You can watch the trailer via this link (http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=14188)! The official website is now also online at AVP-R.com (http://www.avp-r.com/).

Friggin awesome trailer, you guys have to check it out. Looks like they can actually deliver this one.

Raven
Sun, 08-26-2007, 07:18 AM
Man, that trailer looks insanely good.

Pity my country will probably get it about 6 months after everyone else. :(

Foomanchew24
Sun, 08-26-2007, 07:53 AM

Thats why we have the internet Raven....

itadakimasu
Sun, 08-26-2007, 09:45 AM
wow... that was the most intense movie trailer i have ever seen. i will likely be going to see this movie

Kraco
Sun, 08-26-2007, 09:52 AM
The most positive aspect of the trailer was that it had the proper everybody dies feeling an alien (and predator) movie should possess.

Foomanchew24
Sun, 08-26-2007, 10:11 AM
Possibly the bloodiest trailer I have ever seen, I'm guessing it will be rated R which it should be. PG-13 is for pussy's

itadakimasu
Sun, 08-26-2007, 10:39 AM
There is no way they can make that PG-13 unless the trailer is filled with all the content they're going to cut out and the rest of the movie is toned way down.

darkshadow
Sun, 08-26-2007, 11:54 AM
Possibly the bloodiest trailer I have ever seen, I'm guessing it will be rated R which it should be. PG-13 is for pussy's

BLoodiest? rofl try watching the rambo 4 trailer. haha

David75
Sun, 08-26-2007, 01:05 PM
i hope it will be on par with Predator.
Not that the movie was top notch, but it was enjoyable for the least.

The Predator with glover was a let down to me.

I've not seen AVP... so I'll wait for your comments on this second opus once it's out

Kraco
Sun, 08-26-2007, 02:50 PM
BLoodiest? rofl try watching the rambo 4 trailer. haha

Heh heh. I was going to mention the exact same thing. It was quite a blood fest.

infidel
Sun, 08-26-2007, 04:41 PM
I just got done watching the trailer, have to say the trailer itself is better than the first movie. Though my biggest problem with the first glimpse of this movie is it appears that nobody is going to live to see the end? I hate movies like that due to the fact half of the killings are filler and have no real purpose in the plot.

David75
Sun, 08-26-2007, 05:57 PM
I just got done watching the trailer, have to say the trailer itself is better than the first movie. Though my biggest problem with the first glimpse of this movie is it appears that nobody is going to live to see the end? I hate movies like that due to the fact half of the killings are filler and have no real purpose in the plot.

Well, the kind of movie is the cause. The audience needs their share of blood and killings.
In 90 or 120 minutes, you do not have much time to have character developement and sub arcs so that most of the deaths mean something. Plus we're talking about a bloodthirsty beast and a nasty alien hunter... so basically they can kill just for killing... with no reason or other purpose...

c u

GhostKaGe
Sun, 08-26-2007, 06:31 PM
A movie where the kid dies or at least gets implanted with an alien embryo (or appears to in the trailer) ya don't see that everyday. Usually there the only ones guaranteed to survive.

This looks better than the first movie though it can't really be any worse.

Paulyboy
Sun, 08-26-2007, 07:00 PM
I just saw both the Rambo 4 and Avp2 trailers and I have to say Rambo is alot more gruesome than Avp.

Kraco
Tue, 08-28-2007, 04:42 AM
I just saw both the Rambo 4 and Avp2 trailers and I have to say Rambo is alot more gruesome than Avp.

For a more mature audience, like these both movies should have by the book, one fact is that humans killing humans in a cruel way should look more gruesome than some creature of imagination doing the killing. It feels more real and thus the impact should be bigger. You could actually imagine it happening somewhere, as opposed to the pure fantasy of some gut eating monster hatching out of you.

Super5
Tue, 08-28-2007, 03:55 PM
That trailer does look really good - it gives me new hope in the franchise after Aliens died (Aliens 4) and Predator got Danny Glover (Predator 2). I thought the first AVP was ok, but it wasn't true to the comics and it had some gaping plot holes. I just hope the military makes an appearance and gets crushed like in Aliens 2.

Also, was I seeing things or does Ripley have a cameo in the trailer at 0:56?

AngryGumball
Wed, 08-29-2007, 04:42 AM

ok read this post after I saw the trailer...

my response was very similiar.

I said "man, that is insanely violent"

only connection is our use of the word insanely :)

Raven
Wed, 08-29-2007, 07:08 AM
Thats why we have the internet Raven....
What, do I look like I have a wooden leg, an eye patch and a parrot on my shoulder? ;)

YaGaMi
Thu, 08-30-2007, 05:35 PM
I never thought I'd be looking forward to AvP 2 after the craptastic first one.

Psyke
Tue, 09-11-2007, 08:57 AM
AvP Sequel Ventures to Two Planets!
Source: Ryan Rotten, FangoriaSeptember 10, 2007

This morning we received a phone call from an anonymous scooper who excitedly told us a juicy nugget about Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem.

Says our source, the Strause brothers - who have already impressed the hell out of us with an action-packed trailer loaded with grue - will give fans a long-awaited look at the home world of the Predator species.

So, we sat on this info for the afternoon weighing the validity of this information until Fangoria posted this story where co-director Greg Strause teases, "There's lots of stuff still unseen ・complete scenes that are not in the trailer," then, "A new world perhaps..."

Sounds pretty legit. The Predator home planet was once the center of an abandoned Predator sequel cooked up by Robert Rodriguez.

AngryGumball
Wed, 09-12-2007, 01:06 AM
Funky Psyke,

I'm with seeing it but i have no way to picture it or give an opnion. Its like ok when I see it I see it, NO idea if I like or dislike the idea, but going from that preview teaser I saw I simply don't think the film will be long enough to give a predator homeworld due credit or be worth trying to fit to locations into a film.

Forbid any idea of a flashback type of revealing.

Honestly I'd be more down with an entire film on a non-earth based setting where the whole movie starts and I'm zomg this is totally something I cannot picture and hope its good type of thing not zomg this is totally new and it totally sucks and I have to see an entire movie of this stuff I do not believe in.

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 09-14-2007, 04:42 PM
I'm popping in here just to post a kind thank you to those who posted the links to AVP2 and Rambo 4 (especially Rambo 4). I don't think I've ever been touched so deeply by a stranger's kindness. Thank you...thank you! *tears*

God I can't wait to see those movies.

Psyke
Wed, 10-03-2007, 07:49 AM
Another trailer (http://media.movies.ign.com/media/746/746237/vids_1.html) is out, but nothing to shout about as there isn't a lot of new stuff.

Psyke
Sat, 10-27-2007, 01:44 AM
Predalien!

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/5802/predalien2gv4.jpg

More pics here (http://www.usatoday.com/life/gallery/l071025-avp2/flash.htm).

AngryGumball
Wed, 10-31-2007, 03:08 AM
Die Alien scum.... go go Predator defeat that Alien scum!

darkshadow
Sat, 11-03-2007, 05:17 PM
Predalien!

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/5802/predalien2gv4.jpg

More pics here (http://www.usatoday.com/life/gallery/l071025-avp2/flash.htm).

NICE, i remember the predalien from the avp2 game, only fitting to introduce it in the movie with the same name.