PDA

View Full Version : TV Shows

Munsu
Mon, 06-05-2006, 03:14 AM
Noticing that few people here talk about TV Shows in general, thought I'd make this thread where people can talk about shows they are watching or planning on watching, maybe present a description on the show to accompany it with hopes of sparking the interest of other people.

For starters, the following site provides helpful information on shows that are airing, will be airing, and ones that have been cancelled in the major networks (just click on the different network tabs):
http://www.tv.com/story/story.html&story_id=4475&page=1

Over the last year or so, these are the shows that I've been pretty much watching:

LOST
Veronica Mars
Smallville
The Unit
Prison Break
The 4400
Surface
Invasion
Entourage
Thief
Medium
Supernatural
Point Pleasant
Roswell
Monk
Desperate Housewives
What About Brian?
Firefly

There have been a couple of others that I've been meaning to watch, but sadly haven't found the time yet:

Sopranos
The Shield
House
The Dead Zone
Threshold
Nip/Tuck
Battlestar Galactica
Alias
Bones
Joan of Arcadia

The following list are some series that I'm looking forward to their premieres this summer and this fall:

**Eureka
**Jericho
Blade
Windfall
**Psych
**Kyle XY
Three Moons Over Milford
**Heroes
Kidnapped
Raines
**The Nine
Six Degrees
**Traveler
Standoff
**Vanished
Runaway
Hidden Palms
Saved

**Ones that I think will be worth watching.

Anyways, if you can, share anything about TV shows in general just to see if we can increase interest in some shows and increase discussion over here.

Thi3f
Mon, 06-05-2006, 03:53 AM

Winged Dancer
Mon, 06-05-2006, 08:12 AM
I'm a coward and I can't stand NipTuck's hospital scenes. Every time they take that little hammer I just cringe and run away from the room.

Most of the shows that are worth it have to be bought on DVD (or download them, of course), 'cause they take too long on showing them. The only ones I was watching was The 4400, LOST and... does Family Guy count?

Anyway, yeah, I like LOST a whole lot but haven't been able to keep up lately, 'sides I dislike Ana Lucia.

I need more time to watch TV :(

Aeon
Mon, 06-05-2006, 08:53 AM
The only tv shows I bother to watch or download weekly are Lost, Alias, Family Guy, Cinematech and Attack of the Show. I dunno what happened to me as I used to watch so much tv 2yrs ago now it seems like I pay for DTV for others to enjoy it.

darkmetal505
Mon, 06-05-2006, 09:38 AM
Master of Champions looks cool.

The only TV show I watched on a regular basis was 24. I watched others on and off.

masamuneehs
Mon, 06-05-2006, 10:23 AM
When I'm in the states I'm a 24 and Shield regular, but don't really care enough to follow television outside of sports or the occasional 'let's see what's on'

I do also, however, greatly appreciate the following animated series:

Family Guy
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
South Park
Robot Chicken (claymation and action figures count as animation, right?)
The Boondocks
Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law (occasionaly too weird, even for me...)

and of course there will always be a special place in my heart for the dearly departed Sealab 2021

"It's like a koala crapped a rainbow in my brain!"

Yukimura
Mon, 06-05-2006, 11:42 AM
24 is the shit, the only show I ALWAYS watch on TV, everything else I either catch or just dl if I miss it.

My Shows:
The 4400: ZOMG Can't wait till next Sunday!
Stargate SG-1/ Atlantis
Smallville: Getting pretty angsty, dunno about next season
Scrubs
House
ER
Boondocks: ...Gin Rummy..nuff said
Family Guy: Who doesn't watch this? And what's wrong with those people?
Aqua Teen's: If it ever comes back on
Surface: Fuck you NBC, I hate you for canceling this...and you gave the slot to Deal or no Deal...fire yourselves...
The L Word: Lesbian whining is somehow more entertaining than teenager whining

Show's I'd like to watch but don't:
Battlestar Galactica
Charmed: Guess I can watch all the DVD's I made and never looked at now that it's over
Lost

mage
Mon, 06-05-2006, 12:03 PM
Weeds is a good TV show on Showtime. You can download the whole first season now (10 eps).

Munsu
Tue, 06-06-2006, 02:24 AM
I'm hoping there will be at least two-three good new shows coming up, right now I got diddly squat to watch

Well if you are talking about the Summer, you can try The 4400 on USA which the third season starts this Sunday. The first 2 seasons were fairly short, so you can catch up in no time.

Entourage is on HBO this Sunday also, it's pretty good I'd say. 30 minute episodes, so you can get caught up to that in no time.

Kyle XY starts on June 26 on ABC, I say it looks interesting...

Eureka starts in July 18 on Sci-fi, and since I was surprised on how good Eureka seveN turned out, I'm willing to take a chance with a TV Show of a similar name.

Blade starts on June 28 on Spike TV... didn't care much for the movies, but I'm willing to give this a chance and see if it's any entertaining. I love vampires, so I'll probably watch it.

I see you watch Stargate, and their new seasons start this summer, so you'll at least have that to watch.

I think I mentioned a couple of there that you might like.

BTW, just saw a trailer for the show Heroes starting this fall... Looks pretty good in my opinion.
http://www.nbc.com/NBC_First_Look/Heroes/

The Heretic Azazel
Tue, 06-06-2006, 02:50 AM
The new season on the FX originals shuffle is Rescue Me. It can be heart wrenching and fucking hilarious at the same time, Denis Leary is awesome and this is a must watch.

Munsu
Tue, 06-06-2006, 06:46 PM
Well, I love Denis Leary... I guess I should give Rescue Me a try when I get the chance.

TwisT
Thu, 06-08-2006, 07:15 AM
Crazy Bud strikes again. Well Heroes seems like it will be an awesome show. Number 1 on my list of these new series.

Cloud 9
Thu, 06-08-2006, 07:34 AM
Hmm.. the shows I watch weekly, in order of favorites:

Lost
The Shield
Prison Break
Invasion (is it true that ABC cancelled this?)
Medium

I sort of like The 4400, but I didn't really watch it weekly. I might start watching the new season when it comes out, I don't know. There's also an upcoming show on FOX which seems good, something about a government conspiracy and some girl (I forgot the name). It's made by the same people who did 24, so of course I've gotta see it.

Edit: oops, forgot a series. :D

Munsu
Thu, 06-08-2006, 08:10 AM
Invasion (is it true that ABC cancelled this?)

Yes it has been cancelled, I still have a little bit of hope that Sci-Fi or The CW will pick it up.

http://forums.gotwoot.com/showthread.php?t=13314

Munsu
Fri, 06-16-2006, 09:02 AM
Been watching a couple of series this summer season. Saw the premiere of Saved and Windfall. Saved was pretty good in my opinion, loved the main character. I also saw the premiere of Windfall, didn't care much for it, I doubt I'll keep watching. The season premiere of The 4400 was pretty good, i'll make a thread for it later on, it's a great series.

Thi3f
Fri, 06-16-2006, 12:28 PM

Munsu
Mon, 06-26-2006, 07:20 PM
Started watching Rescue Me as recommended before, freaking awesome show so far, seen up to episode 6... waiting for the rest to download.

Munsu
Thu, 07-13-2006, 05:29 AM
Been watching some DVD pilot releases for the fall season, and some shows look really promising. Wonder if any of you have checked them out by any chance. All torrents can be found at http://eztvefnet.org/

The Nine: I thought the first episode was awesome, really promising.
http://www.bt-chat.com/download.php?info_hash=e77caa071e31013e0f9ab1faaa6 1e28de2960730

Runaway: Not the best show out there, but first episode was fairly interesting to me. Seemed kinda cheesy at some points, but I'll watch it when it starts.
http://www.bt-chat.com/download.php?info_hash=5e1b69db3dbe67315ed0bb58081 2ff89af3961dc

Shark: Show with James Woods? Instant winner to me, I love him.
http://www.bt-chat.com/download.php?info_hash=e97f2e0f9d89d620bb9bf2a214e e6b28a82fd609

Jericho: Of all the shows, this one was the one I most wanted to check out. Turned out to be a very promising beginning, hope it stays that way throughout the whole series.
http://www.bt-chat.com/download.php?info_hash=55cd882859e6fca6deb7d7e6057 4207314f81e95

Aside from these, I've watched a couple of shows that premiered this summer:

Kyle XY, not as good as I thought it would be. Kinda dumb most of the time.

Blade: Much better than what I expected. Couple of Vampire hotties keeps it interesting. It's also more violent than what I had expected.

Psych: Fun first episode. If you like shows like Monk, you'll probably enjoy this.

And as I mentioned in a previous post, I've been watching Saved. Pretty good show, really interesting characters.

Also, last week I saw all 5 seasons of The Shield. Fucking awesome show, if any of you hasn't watched it yet, then go do that now.

Genma
Thu, 07-13-2006, 09:46 AM
Arrggggh. What about The Office, guys? :rolleyes:

Munsu
Sat, 07-15-2006, 10:31 PM
Never bothered with The Office. Been a while since I cared to watch any sort of sitcom.

Another DVD screener pilot has been released, and this one looks pretty good also, I liked it.

Traveler: http://www.bt-chat.com/download.php?info_hash=c09a7039f55620187560607e515 4028faecc308a

Some potentially good series are coming this Fall, you guys should really check some of them out.

ChaosK
Sun, 07-16-2006, 11:56 AM
Weekly...

Family guy
Simpsons
South park
House (season break)
Chapelle show (does it count?)
Mind of Mencia (funny at times)
Yo Mama (I dunno why, its interesting)

The Heretic Azazel
Sun, 07-16-2006, 02:57 PM
I'm almost done with House season 2.

I wish Dr. House was my dad.

Munsu
Tue, 09-05-2006, 03:17 PM
Weeds is a good TV show on Showtime. You can download the whole first season now (10 eps).
Man, started this series a couple of days ago. It's fucking awesome. I'm up-to-date right now, and the last episode was great.

XanBcoo
Tue, 09-05-2006, 04:18 PM
I just watched a Dark Angel marathon on Sci-fi yesterday. I used to watch it religiously back when it was on Fox, and I have to say it's still pretty entertaining despite how bad it can get. I have a liking for shows with bad writing and production values, but still manage to deliver from time to time. I'd say the end of the first season, with the attack on Mantacore is probably the best part of the series. Watching Max and Logan's relationship develope was also really fun. It kinda goes downhill during the second season though. Way downhill. Naruto fillers downhill. Some of the characters like Alec and the fat X5 were just damn annoying, and the storyline got ridiculous (I don't even wanna know where they were going with the cult of fighter-breeders).

If nothing else, Jessica Alba kicks ass throughout, and looks seriously fine doing it.

The Heretic Azazel
Tue, 09-05-2006, 11:40 PM
Tonight is the season premiers of Nip/Tuck and House M.D.

Metal.

Turkish-S
Fri, 09-08-2006, 07:12 AM
weeds
prison break
south park
jake 2.0 (gay.... i know)
rome
Joey

And been dling all early seasons of star trek tng don't know if that counts.

Munsu
Tue, 09-19-2006, 12:19 AM
I just watched the pilot for an upcoming show called Faceless. I have to say that this show will be fucking awesome, best pilot I've seen so far, so go watch it when you get the chance. It seems like it will be a FOX show.

http://www.mininova.org/tor/427831

XanBcoo
Wed, 09-20-2006, 11:36 PM
For anyone who watches House, I found this yesterday. Thought it was kinda funny and thought I'd share:

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/4616/animehousejj0.png

Munsu
Fri, 02-09-2007, 03:37 AM
As of late I've been keeping a list of shows that are being made, or are planned to be made, or are about to air; well just about anything I can expect to see in the future. I spend a few minutes going through some news stories tonight to complete the list. Some shows may be missing, but the list is long enough, so I doubt they'll be missed. So far, I've gathered 48 shows, although some of them have already been killed, but I couldn't bother to check on each show so I'm just putting all titles I've collected. Some may have already aired, but they probably aired recently. Anways, here's the list:

22 Birthdays
Avery House
Babylon Fields
Bionic Woman
Cashmere Mafia
Chuck
Crumbs
Demons
Diamond Age
Dirt
Dirty Sexy Money
Drive
Eli Stone
Faceless
Flash Gordon
Football Wives
Fort Pit
Gossip Girl
Hidden Palms
In Treatment
Journeyman
Judy's Got a Gun
Kill Pit
K-Ville
Life
Life on Mars
Los Duques
M.O.N.Y.
Marlowe
Mercy Reef
Mr. and Mrs. Smith
New Amsterdam
Protect and Serve
Pushing Daisies
Raines
Reaper
Revolution
Skater Boys
Skip Tracer
Split Decision
Starcrossed
Swingtown
The Black Donnellys
The Cure
The Dresden Files
The Lipstick Jungle
The Man
Them
Tin Man
Traveler
Twilight

Well, what do you think of the list? See anything of interest? Make sure to check www.tv.com and www.imdb.com for more info on the shows. There are quite a few that have caught my attention, but I'll discuss about them later if any of you bother to respond to the post. Anyways, have fun going through the list.

TwisT
Fri, 02-09-2007, 07:47 AM
And Crazy Bud strikes again!

Seriously if i kill myself because im to depressed about there not being enough hours in one day, i'm blaming you in my suicide note. Just so you know.

I have to many shows already on my list and now all this. The time it will take to go through them all will take up to much of my precious time. ;_;

Well if you say that Faceless pilot was that good i have to check that one out myself.

Munsu
Fri, 02-09-2007, 12:25 PM
Sadly, Faceless will never happen. Fox didn't pick up the pilot and it seems that it'll never get to be a series. But the the pilot was freaking awesome, I saw it like 3 times, awesome characters.

Munsu
Wed, 02-14-2007, 11:47 AM
Some good casting news I just read about.

Michelle Ryan has been cast as the Bionic Woman:
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/2766/michelle181024x768lx9.th.jpg (http://img235.imageshack.us/my.php?image=michelle181024x768lx9.jpg)

And Jordana Brewster has been cast as Mrs. Smith:
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/1535/brewster1pq1.th.jpg (http://img235.imageshack.us/my.php?image=brewster1pq1.jpg)

Now, at this moment I don't care much about the shows, but with these two hotties in it I'll be watching no matter what.

Munsu
Tue, 02-27-2007, 06:51 PM
Well, here's another show I'll be looking forward to. It's about Vampires and in HBO, so it's an instant winner.

Show is called True Blood, starring Anna Paquin:

Based on the Southern Vampire book series by Charlaine Harris, True Blood takes place in a world in which vampires can buy Japanese-made synthetic blood. Their integration into a small Louisiana town causes quite a stir, and a love story ensues between a vampire and Sookie Stackhouse (Paquin), an innocent waitress who can read people's minds.

Munsu
Mon, 04-23-2007, 02:47 AM
TV.com has feature with a list of upcoming 2007 pilots (some started already), I think you guys should check it out:
http://www.tv.com/feature/2007-pilots/?tag=gumballs;title;5

It has the pilot name, the network, and a description. Not all the series mentioned have been picked up by the networks, but some seem like they should.

Some notable series that seem interesting to me:

Mr. & Mrs. Smith
Eli Stone
The Call
Dirty Sexy Money
Life On Mars
Skip Tracer
Babylon Fields
Demons
Twilight
The Man
Chuck
M.O.N.Y.
Life
Journeyman
The Bionic Woman
The Apostles
Company Man
New Amsterdam
The Sarah Connor Chronicles
Them
Reaper
John from Cincinnati
Flash Gordon
A.M.P.E.D.

WhoGoesThere
Wed, 05-16-2007, 04:37 AM
You really have to find time to watch House. Heroes is a great show too.

Crash
Mon, 05-28-2007, 07:31 AM
The Sarah Connor Chronicles looks amazingly cheesy. I saw the trailer, and for some reason my brain has trouble taking a twiggy teenage girl seriously as a replacement for Arnold. Not to mention she talks and acts like a regular person. I could be wrong and it could end up being good, but the trailer didn't look promising to me.

here's the trailer (http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1760806) for anyone thats interested.

Munsu
Sat, 06-09-2007, 10:57 AM
I had a bit of hopes for The Sarah Connor Chronicles, but that trailer does make it look like it won't be any good. The series should have some good action scenes though I would think, so maybe that can at least make it a guilty pleasure type of series for me.

XanBcoo
Sat, 06-09-2007, 05:05 PM
Apparently the franchise wasn't ruined enough when T3 was shat out.

I'm going to ignore that that show even exists. I can't figure out how they'll work the events in the series into the series' canon.

SamuraiOdin
Sun, 06-10-2007, 11:11 AM
Apparently the franchise wasn't ruined enough when T3 was shat out.

I'm going to ignore that that show even exists. I can't figure out how they'll work the events in the series into the series' canon.

They'll probably create an alternate canon, similar to what Smallville did to the Superman canon.

Munsu
Thu, 07-19-2007, 04:09 AM
Well FOX, NBC, and CBS have unveiled their Fall premiere dates:

Fox's fall premiere dates are as follows:

Thursday, August 30
8-9 p.m. Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? (Season Premiere)

Saturday, September 8
8-9 p.m. Cops (Season Premiere, back-to-back episodes)
9-10 p.m. America's Most Wanted: America Fights Back (Season Premiere)

Thursday, September 13
9-10 p.m. Kitchen Nightmares (Series Premiere)

Friday, September 14
9-10 p.m. Nashville (Series Premiere)

Saturday, September 15
11 p.m.-Midnight MADtv (Season Premiere)
Midnight-12:30 a.m. Talkshow With Spike Feresten (Season Premiere)

Monday, September 17
8-9 p.m. Prison Break (Season Premiere)
9-10 p.m. K-Ville (Series Premiere)

Wednesday, September 19
8-8:30 p.m. Back to You (Series Premiere)
8:30-9 p.m. 'Til Death (Season Premiere)
9-10 p.m. Bones (Season Premiere)

Sunday, September 23
8-8:30 p.m. The Simpsons (Season Premiere)
8:30-9 p.m. King of the Hill (Season Premiere)
9-10 p.m. Family Guy (One-Hour Season Premiere)

Tuesday, September 25
8-9 p.m. K-Ville (Series Premiere)
9-10 p.m. House (Season Premiere)

Sunday, September 30
9:30-10 p.m. American Dad (Season Premiere)

For FOX, I'm mostly looking forward to the return of Prison Break and Bones, and the premiere of K-Ville. Hopefully K-Ville will have a bit of The Shield in it, and make it good. I like the main actor, I think it'll turn out to be a cool show, though I'm not so sure I like the setting. Though the setting might prove to be interesting and some different twists from the normal cop shows.

Below is the fall premiere schedule for NBC:

September 11
The Biggest Loser (8-10 p.m.)

September 17
Deal or No Deal (8-9 p.m.)

September 24
Chuck (8-9 p.m.)
Heroes (9-10 p.m.)
Journeyman (10-11 p.m.)

September 25
The Singing Bee (9:30-10 p.m.)
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (10-11 p.m.)

September 26
Deal or No Deal (8-9 p.m., Wednesday debut)
Bionic Woman (9-10 p.m.)
Life (10-11 p.m.)

September 27
My Name Is Earl (8-9 p.m.)
The Office (9-10 p.m.)
ER (10-11 p.m.)

September 28
Deal or No Deal (moves to new day, 8-9 p.m.)
Las Vegas (9-11 p.m.)

October 4
30 Rock (8-8:30 p.m.)

October 5
Friday Night Lights (9-10 p.m.)

October 25
Scrubs (9:30-10 p.m.)

Hmm, for NBC... Heroes of course, but the Monday line-up looks really good. Journeyman and Chuck seem like they get plenty of viewers, hopefully they'll last... I liked their promos. The return of Bionic Woman is what I'm mostly looking forward to, and Life doesn't look bad at all.

The CBS fall premiere schedule is listed below:

Wednesday, Sept. 19
8-9 p.m. Kid Nation (Series Premiere)

Thursday, Sept. 20
8-9 p.m. Survivor: China (15th Installment Premiere)

Sunday, Sept. 23
7:00-8 p.m. 60 Minutes (40th Season Premiere)
9-10 p.m. Cold Case (5th Season Premiere)
10-11 p.m. Shark (2nd Season Premiere)

Monday, Sept. 24
8-8:30 p.m. How I Met Your Mother (3rd Season Premiere)
8:30-9 p.m. The Big Bang Theory (Series Premiere)
9-9:30 p.m. Two And A Half Men (5th Season Premiere)
9:30-10 p.m. Rules Of Engagement (2nd Season Premiere)
10-11 p.m. CSI: Miami (6th Season Premiere)

Tuesday, Sept. 25
8-9 p.m. NCIS (5th Season Premiere)
9-10 p.m. The Unit (3rd Season Premiere)
10-11 p.m. Cane (Series Premiere)

Wednesday, Sept. 26
9-10 p.m. Criminal Minds (3rd Season Premiere)
10-11 p.m. CSI: NY (4th Season Premiere)

Thursday, Sept. 27
9-10 p.m. CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (8th Season Premiere)
10-11 p.m. Without a Trace (6th Season Premiere)

Friday, Sept. 28
8-9 p.m. Ghost Whisperer (3rd Season Premiere)
9-10 p.m. Moonlight (Series Premiere)
10-11 p.m. Numb3rs (4th Season Premiere)

Saturday, Sept. 29
8-9 p.m. Crimetime Saturday
9-10 p.m. Crimetime Saturday
10-11 p.m. 48 Hours Mystery (Season Premiere)

Thursday, Oct. 18
10-11 p.m. Viva Laughlin (Special Preview)

Sunday, Oct. 21
8-9 p.m. Viva Laughlin (Time Period Premiere)

From CBS, a little bit of Shark never hurt, but the show I'm really looking forward to is Cane. There's also the premiere of Moonlight, which has Vampires, so it'll be an instant winner in my books. And can't forget, CSI... Grissom better start to kick some ass.

Honoko
Thu, 07-19-2007, 11:35 AM
I'm not much of a TV watcher but obviously Heroes will be on my to-watch list and the premise of Journeyman intrigues me so I'll be checking that out too. And that's about it :D

Zati
Fri, 07-20-2007, 02:31 AM
Journeyman definately looks interesting, and is one that I'm really looking forward to.

What I'm gonna be watching :

FOX : House (some new cast members, like Olivia Wilde (pretty), and Kal Penn, heh), Prison Break (Sona!), Bones, Back To You (I like comedies/sitcoms, so hopefully this will be a good one with Kelsey Grammer)

NBC : Heroes (Yatta!), Journeyman, Chuck, Bionic Woman, Life, My Name Is Earl, The Office (woot), Scrubs (who's J.D. gonna be with?)

CBS : CSI 8th Season (Grissom is back, fuckers), CSI Miami (corny, cheesy, but Caruso is back with his shades, and one liners), How I Met Your Mother (More Barney!),
Two and a Half Men, The Big Bang Theory, NCIS, The Unit, Criminal Minds, maybe Cane and Moonlight.

Still looking forward to the CW lineup (One Tree Hill, Smallville, Supernatural, and Reaper), HBO, Showtime (Dexter + Weeds!), and other networks.

Edit : CW released their fall lineup (dates to look out for : Sept 25, Sept 27 (we'll get to see the new Supergirl), and Oct 4)

September 18
8-10 p.m.Beauty and the Geek

September 19
8-10 p.m. America's Next Top Model

September 21
8-10 p.m. Friday Night Smackdown

September 23
7-7:30 p.m. CW Now
7:30-8 p.m. Online Nation

September 25
9-10 p.m. Reaper

September 26
9-10 p.m. Gossip Girl

September 27
8-9 p.m. Smallville

October 1
8-8:30 p.m. Everybody Hates Chris
8:30-9 p.m. Aliens in America
9-9:30 p.m. Girlfriends
9:30-10 p.m. The Game

October 4
9-10 p.m. Supernatural

October 7
8-9 p.m. Life is Wild

Munsu
Sat, 07-21-2007, 03:36 PM
From the CW, Smallville and Supernatural I'll watch for sure... might also check out Reaper. I was hoping for another season of Veronica Mars, but it seems like we've seen the last of her.

infidel
Wed, 07-25-2007, 10:28 AM
I am a self described TV nerd, I don't necessarily watch a lot of TV but I know everything about the shows I do watch.

CBS: Ghost Whisperer, Moonlight.

CW: America's Next Top Model, Reaper.

NBC: Bionic Woman, Heroes, Heroes: Origins, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

I am afraid that Reaper is going to try format itself after Dead Like Me, which in my opinion, is one of the best shows of all time.

Munsu
Wed, 07-25-2007, 05:30 PM
ABC just released their fall premiere schedule.

The ABC fall premiere schedule is listed below:

Monday, September 24
8-9:30 p.m. Dancing with the Stars (special 90-minute premiere)
9:30-11 p.m. The Bachelor (special 90-minute premiere)

Tuesday, September 25
8-9:30 p.m. Dancing with the Stars (performance show)

Wednesday, September 26
8-9 p.m. Dancing with the Stars Results Show Special (special day and time)
9-10 p.m. Private Practice
10-11 p.m. Dirty Sexy Money

Thursday, September 27
8-9 p.m. Ugly Betty
9-10 p.m. Grey's Anatomy
10-11 p.m. Big Shots

Sunday, September 30
7-9 p.m. Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (two-hour season premiere)
9-10 p.m. Desperate Housewives
10-11 p.m. Brothers & Sisters

Tuesday, October 2
8-8:30 p.m. Cavemen
8:30-9 p.m. Carpoolers
9-10 p.m. Dancing with the Stars Result Show (regular day and time-period premiere)

Wednesday, October 3
8-9 p.m. Pushing Daisies

Sunday, October 7
7-8 p.m. America's Funniest Home Videos

Friday, October 12
8-9 p.m. 20/20 (new time-period premiere)
9-10 p.m. Women's Murder Club
10-11 p.m. Men in Trees

Monday, October 15
9:30-10 p.m. Samantha Who?

Tuesday, November 27
10-11 p.m. Cashmere Mafia (special preview following the finale of Dancing with the Stars)

Tuesday, December 4
9-10 p.m. Cashmere Mafia (regular time-period premiere)

I don't know... their shows look kinda weak. Might checkout Dirty Sexy Money, Pushing Daisies and Big Shots. I don't see LOST anywhere, so I wonder if they're going to take the 24 approach and start airing on January.

Koyuki
Wed, 07-25-2007, 06:21 PM
Fox: Prison Break, House, The Simpsons, American Dad and Family Guy.

NBC: Heroes, The Office, Friday Night Lights, giving Bionic Woman a shoot.

CBS: Gonna check out Moonlight.

CW: Smallville, Everybody hates Chris and Supernautral.

ABC: Grey's Anatomy.

Munsu: Lost is airing in Januray or February. It's only 16 episodes per season.

Munsu
Tue, 08-07-2007, 01:22 PM
FOX changed their schedule a bit:
http://www.tv.com/story/9984.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=news&tag=headlines;title;0

Zati
Tue, 08-07-2007, 02:02 PM
Yeah, I heard about this. It sucks, because I was actually looking forward to watching New Amsterdam, sounded interesting, and was gonna check it out.

Munsu
Fri, 08-24-2007, 04:50 PM
Yeah, I was also looking forward to watching New Amsterdam... it was one of the pilots I really wanted to see.

Anyways, I thought this was funny... Anchorwoman got cancelled after 1 episode... how bad did it have to be to be cancelled so fast?
http://www.tv.com/story/10083.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=news&tag=headlines;title;0

seobeglobal
Fri, 09-07-2007, 02:56 AM
i love Scrubs, friends and two and a half men

Munsu
Thu, 10-11-2007, 11:33 PM
By this time last year, many new shows were being cancelled by their networks or at least were in the talks of cancellation (Smith, Runaway). This year, the networks seem fairly happy with how their new shows are doing, so that's good. Gossip Girl has already gotten a full season order from the CW. Some other shows got more scripts ordered too. NBC ordered 3 more scripts for Life, Bionic Woman, Journeyman, and Chuck, and CBS ordered 4 more episodes of Cane.
I think this is very good news, it means that networks are giving the shows a fair chance to survive and gather viewers instead of the usual show massacrers. The ones I'm really rooting for out of those are Life, Chuck, and Cane; I think those 3 are worth it.

http://www.tv.com/story/10304.html

Munsu
Sat, 10-20-2007, 01:11 AM
Some more bad news for those of you that wanted to check out New Amsterdam. Seems like the show has been cursed from day 1, and now they have decided to stop production after only seven episodes even before the first episode had a chance to air. Fox doesn't seem like it's giving this show a real chance to succeed, so this show will probably be dead after the first couple of episodes. I was really looking forward to this show, but I guess it's best not to get my hopes up.

http://www.tv.com/story/10324.html

AngryGumball
Mon, 10-22-2007, 01:51 AM
Fox likes to screw me after they yanked that Kidnapped show last year. I never got around to watching the last remaining Episodes online...

but then I can say the same about ABC with Daybreak, I did watch those online...oh also October ROad. :(

rockmanj
Mon, 10-22-2007, 02:34 AM
Im actually big into british comedy now. In fact, the funniest series i have EVER seen is called "Peep Show" http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/P/peep_show/index.html

Its pretty easy to find, and downright hilarious...i would suggest it to anyone without a prudish sense of humor.

Crash
Mon, 10-22-2007, 07:16 AM
Fox likes to screw me after they yanked that Kidnapped show last year.

I was nothing short of furious when they canceled that show last year, it was so good. :mad:

This year i'm really liking Life and Journeyman. Best two new shows of the season, I really hope they keep them around.

AngryGumball
Wed, 10-24-2007, 01:23 AM
Yeah, I'm totally into Journeyman full tilt no complaints, and I'll make excuses if there are faults thats how much I'm into Journeyman...

Life however, its really coming thru very clean on my channel up here and its a beautiful show but its just quirky and I think the female partner was bad casting, she isn't stand out enough.

I don't know why I like Journeyman more than I like Life, aside that it just catches me more and I'll deny flaws in Journeyman whereas in Life I'll question and wonder why they did or wrote the script this or that.

Munsu
Wed, 11-28-2007, 08:56 PM
I was nothing short of furious when they canceled that show last year, it was so good. :mad:

This year i'm really liking Life and Journeyman. Best two new shows of the season, I really hope they keep them around.
Life just got a full season order, as well as Chuck. Let's just hope the strike doesn't kill them.

http://www.tv.com/story/10506.html

Now that the strike is over or almost over... here's a list of tv shows and their future plans, if there's on at all:
http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Wga-Strike-Favorite/800032698

Kamikaze
Mon, 04-28-2008, 10:57 PM
Series i'm watching atm are these :

The Simpsons
Family Guy
House
The Big Bang Theory
Two And A Half Men
Bones
Heroes
Prison Break
Boston Legal
NCIS
Breaking Bad
Numb3rs
Scrubs
Shark
Back To You
My Family

Munsu
Thu, 05-15-2008, 12:36 PM
Well, here's the current situation for next Fall's schedule:

ABC:
http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/primetime-pilot-panic-abc-sked-2/

MONDAY
8 PM: Dancing With The Stars
Mid-Season -- UNTITLED TYRA BANKS/ASHTON KUTCHER PROJECT (new)
9 PM: Samantha Who?
10 PM: Boston Legal
Mid-Season -- The Bachelor

TUESDAY
8 PM: OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS contest show (new)
9 PM: Dancing with the Stars
Mid-Season -- SCRUBS (moved from NBC)
Mid-Season -- THE GOODE FAMILY (new)
10 PM: Eli Stone

WEDNESDAY
8 PM: Pushing Daisies
9 PM: Private Practice
10 PM: Dirty Sexy Money

THURSDAY
8 PM: Ugly Betty
9 PM: Grey's Anatomy
10 PM: LIFE ON MARS (new)

FRIDAY
8 PM: Wife Swap
9 PM: Supernanny
10 PM: 20/20

SATURDAY
College Football

SUNDAY
7 PM: America’s Funniest Home Videos
8 PM: Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
9 PM: Desperate Housewives
10 PM: Brothers & Sisters

CBS:
http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/primetime-pilot-panic-cbs-sked/

Monday
8:00 PM: The Big Bang Theory
8:30 PM: How I Met Your Mother
9:00 PM: Two and a Half Men
9:30 PM: WORST WEEK (new)
10:00 PM: CSI: Miami

Tuesday
8:00 PM: NCIS
9:00 PM: THE MENTALIST (new)
10:00 PM: Without a Trace

Wednesday
8:00 PM: The New Adventures of Old Christine
8:30 PM: PROJECT GARY (new)
9:00 PM: Criminal Minds
10:00 PM: CSI: NY

Thursday
8:00 PM: Survivor
9:00 PM: CSI
10:00 PM: 11TH HOUR (new)

Friday
8:00 PM: Ghost Whisperer
9:00 PM: THE EX-LIST (new)
10:00 PM: Numb3rs

Saturday
8:00 PM: Crimetime Saturday
9:00 PM: Crimetime Saturday
10:00 PM: 48 Hours: Mystery

Sunday
7:00 PM: 60 Minutes
8:00 PM: The Amazing Race
9:00 PM: Cold Case
10:00 PM: The Unit

HARPER'S ISLAND (new) and Rules of Engagement will go mid-season.

FOX:
http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/primetime-pilot-panic-fox-sked/

Monday
8:00 PM: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
9:00 PM: Prison Break

Tuesday
8:00 PM: House
9:00 PM: FRINGE (new)

Wednesday
8:00 PM: Bones
9:00 PM: Til Death
9:30 PM: DO NOT DISTURB (new)

Thursday
8:00 PM: The Moment Of Truth
9:00 PM: Kitchen Nightmares

Friday
8:00 PM: Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?
9:00 PM: Don't Forget The Lyrics!

Saturday
8:00 PM: Cops
8:30 PM: Cops
9:00 PM: America's Most Wanted

Sunday
7:00 PM: The OT
8:00 PM: The Simpsons
8:30 PM: King Of The Hill
9:00 PM: Family Guy
9:30 PM: American Dad

MID-SEASON, Fox's schedule changes a lot:

Monday: DOLLHOUSE (new) at 8:00 PM followed by 24 at 9:00 PM

Tuesday: American Idol at 8:00 PM followed by FRINGE (new) at 9:00 PM

Wednesday: House at 8:00 PM followed by American Idol at 9:00 PM and TBA Comedy at 9:30 PM

Thursday: Hell's Kitchen at 8:00 PM followed by SECRET MILLIONAIRE (new) at 9:00 PM

Friday: Bones at 8:00 PM followed by Til Death at 9:00 PM and DO NOT DISTURB (new) at 9:30 PM

Saturday: No change

Sunday: Comedy Encores at 7:00 PM and 7:30 PM followed by The Simpsons at 8:00 PM, King Of The Hill (January) / SIT DOWN, SHUT UP (new, in the spring) at 8:30 PM, Family Guy at 9:00 PM, American Dad (January / THE CLEVELAND SHOW (new, in the spring)

CW:
http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/primetime-pilot-panic-cw-sked/

MONDAY
8 PM: Gossip Girl
9 PM: One Tree Hill

TUESDAY
8 PM: 90210 (new)
9 PM: SURVIVING THE FILTHY RICH (new)

WEDNESDAY
8 PM: America's Next Top Model
9 PM: STYLISTA (new)

THURSDAY
8 PM: Smallville
9 PM: Supernatural

FRIDAY
8 PM: Everybody Hates Chris
8:30 PM: The Game
9 PM: America's Next Top Model (repeat)

Things can change between here and then, but that's pretty much it.

Sapphire
Thu, 05-15-2008, 02:46 PM
I'll be watching Gossip Girl.. >.>

gos27
Sat, 03-07-2009, 03:40 PM
psych is very good ! soo funny !

Penner
Sat, 03-07-2009, 03:41 PM
Ooh another Psych follower!

I just love that show, Shawn and Gus are perfect as a comedic duo :D

gos27
Sat, 03-07-2009, 03:55 PM
aren't they ! some of the nicknames shawn comes up with are hilarious !