PDA

View Full Version : TV: Veronica Mars

Munsu
Sun, 06-04-2006, 04:18 AM
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/4776/060504veronicamarsby9.jpg

Just wondering if anyone here has seen this series or watches this series? I watched it for the first time about a month ago, and I have to say that this is a great series. First of all, the main character is hot, so that's almost an instant winner. There's a season long mystery which is what makes the series good. Most of the characters are great, and their character interactions are pretty good. Season 2 ended a couple of weeks ago. There's corruption, there's death, there's rape, there's murder; it pretty much has it all.

In the wealthy, seaside community of Neptune, California, Hearst College stands as a beacon of higher education, but within this idyllic and sun-drenched campus, higher education is not always what it appears. In between the beer-soaked dorm parties and all-night cram sessions, the student body is facing a terrifying threat. Luckily for them, incoming freshman and part-time private investigator...

Here's season 1 DVD-rip if anyone wants to check it out, I doubt you'll regret it.

http://isohunt.com/dl.php?id=6415314 1-11
http://isohunt.com/dl.php?id=6430466 12-22

Thi3f
Sun, 06-04-2006, 05:58 AM

Munsu
Sun, 06-04-2006, 06:28 AM
Don't want to discuss much without giving a chance to other users to read the thread first, but I like how the series makes you think that you've solved the mystery and then in the last couple of minutes of the season it throws you a new twist, and proves you were wrong.

Munsu
Thu, 02-22-2007, 09:44 AM
So Thi3f, or anyone else for that matter, have you been watching season 3? I'm still not sure how a feel about the season so far. I don't like the new OP mix, and most of the new characters are lame. I also don't like how Logan has turned out to be such a wuss. Other than that, I think the story has been pretty good. It has been more fast paced than the previous seasons, and I think we've only like 7 episodes left this season, 1 episode less than the previous two.

Assertn
Sat, 02-24-2007, 04:17 PM
My roommate and I watched the first 2 seasons, but only he's seen season 3 so far. He says he's been so dissappointed with the new personalities the characters seem to exhibit, the disjointed side adventures Veronica always gets pulled into, and the horrible, horrible dialogue that he's pretty much stopped watching the eps altogether.

And this guy used to go nuts for the first two seasons.

Munsu
Tue, 03-20-2007, 04:25 AM
Hmm, just read an interesting article of the possible setting for a season 4 if the series gets picked up. I myself think it's a great idea, what do you guys think? Well go read the article.

http://www.tv.com/story/9092.html?tag=story_list;title;9

Well, finally decided to finish watching season 3... last episode was quite good, but the season overall was bad. That aside, there's a 12 minute pilot that was pitched to the network for season 4, and it looked really good... you can get it off one of this torrents:
http://isohunt.com/download/31996448/veronica+mars+pilot
http://isohunt.com/download/29405141/veronica+mars+pilot

But, this shit got cancelled.

Junior
Sat, 02-09-2008, 12:25 PM
I've watched it.

I was a huge fan. It's a pretty amazing series that just hooks you. And that damn Kristen Bell.

Animeniax
Mon, 02-11-2008, 05:26 AM
I watched the first few episodes and it was alright, some hackneyed storylines and cliches. I really wanted to like it because Kristen Bell is indeed a babe, but what messed it up for me is finding out she's 27 now, playing a high school student. So really that smoking hot body isn't representative of the character, which lends a fake quality to the production. It really reminds me of Dylan from 90210, who was a 30-something playing a high schooler.

Munsu
Mon, 02-11-2008, 10:15 AM
So you had no problem with her playing the character, until you later learned that she was 27? You're quite ridiculous, but I guess it's no use pointing it out.

Animeniax
Mon, 02-11-2008, 07:10 PM
No, I had no problem watching the show until I learned she was older, then I stopped because it made an average show not worth watching anymore. Like I said, it's as bad as 30 year old Luke Perry playing a high schooler, it just makes it that much harder to suspend reality when watching. If Kristen was maybe 19 or 20 with that awesome body, it would be cool. But being 24 when the show started, it's like she's cheating. I guess some high school girls have bodies like that, but not with the tone and curves in one sweet package.

It's like finding out the true nature of any actor or actress. If they are this or that in real life, how can you forget that while watching them in a show? Though he's not an actor, I know you cried when you found out George Michael was gay. Like that.

Munsu
Mon, 02-11-2008, 08:18 PM
Ufff, using the George Michael card... most be desperate knowing that you're talking a bunch of crap in your post. Guess you don't really comprehend the concept of ACTING.

Anyways, that will be all on this matter... any further discussion on this issue will be considered spam and trolling.

Junior
Sat, 02-16-2008, 12:38 PM
She pulls off the teenager look very well. So anyway...

In the second season, wtf happened to Weavel? He got all fat and pimply. It was terrible. o__o;; But anyway, the season 2 ending was wow. When we found out who raped Veronica. It was such a damn twist.

Munsu
Sat, 02-16-2008, 02:36 PM
Yeah, the final episodes of season 2 were pretty good, but I still think that season 1 was by far the best season; after that it seemed like they were forcing some characters to act uncharacteristically just for the sake of having some "plot twists". I always enjoyed the brothers being called "Dick and Beaver", and Beaver ended up being one twisted motherfucker.

I have no doubt in my mind that CW regrets cancelling the show; I still say that season 4 seemed promising, and probably would rival season 1 for me.

Did they resolve the problems with the St. Patricks? Or are some of the brothers still around?

Junior
Sun, 02-17-2008, 12:00 PM
Yeah, after we found out about Beaver, certain things made sense. Like him and his girlfriend not being able to do anything and why he always looked like he'd been crying. o_O

Man, I need to watch Veronica again...St Patrick? D: OH I JUST REMEMBERED. I wonder too. o.o;

Munsu
Mon, 08-25-2008, 12:43 PM
Seems like there's a little hope of Vernica Mars being made into a movie:

Exclusive: Bell, Thomas Orbit 'Veronica Mars' Movie
Aug 19, 2008, 11:47 AM | by Michael Ausiello

Categories: Veronica Mars

Yeah, yeah, okay, so it would've been kinda cool to be in Beijing last week when Michael Phelps won his record-shattering eighth gold medal. But it would've been even cooler to have had a ringside seat in Rob Thomas' office instead: At around the same time the man from Atlantis was making the splash heard 'round the world, the creator of Veronica Mars was sitting down with his beloved, lamented series' star, Kristen Bell, to discuss bringing the cult hit to the big screen.

Seriously.

The impromptu powwow took place last week in the offices of Thomas' Hollywood-based production company, which just so happens to be located on the same lot where Bell is shooting Heroes. "Kristen and I ran into each other, and we did discuss a Veronica movie," confirms Thomas, who says he has also had "a few conversations" with Mars executive producer Joel Silver.

"It's very tough to focus on it right now with two pilots on my plate," adds Thomas, referring to his two ABC projects, a reworking of his '90s dramedy Cupid and an adaptation of the New Zealand series Outrageous Fortune. "But as soon as I have any free time, that's my top priority."

For her part, Bell considers it a "major compliment" that people are still interested in Mars. "[Fans] still ask me all the time if the show's coming back. Emotionally, I don't want to think about Veronica Mars every day because it really does make me sad."

Regarding her recent chat with Thomas about a Mars feature, the star of Forgetting Sarah Marshall, perhaps not wanting to jinx things, flashes a Cheshire cat grin and says, "We'll see."

Translation: We're halfway there to getting this thing greenlit! Now let's take care of the other half by turning the comments section into a makeshift petition. Do you want to see a VM feature? Register your support below! (Additional reporting by Jeff Jensen)
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2008/08/exclusive-veron.html

I really hope they manage to do it.

Munsu
Thu, 01-22-2009, 08:26 AM
Well for the few that might be interested, seems like this possible movie is gaining a bit of steam. I really hope this gets done:
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b79975_veronica_mars_movie_finally_in_works.html

This is what über-producer Rob Thomas spills to us, after word broke that the order for his new ABC midseason series, Cupid, was trimmed down from 13 episodes to eight.

"What that means for me is that I have a couple of months to write the Veronica Mars movie," Thomas says. "I suddenly find myself with enough time to write that script. That's the next project."

Munsu
Fri, 01-03-2014, 08:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvhgd9T86Gk

Coming to the big screen.