PDA

View Full Version : Avatar: The Last Airbender

anime nomad
Fri, 06-02-2006, 02:21 AM
Has anyone been following this seris? i think its really one of the very best new anime's out there right now (naruto and bleach have gone to shits:mad: ), i just wanted to open a thread to see if anyone else wanted to talk about the seris....

Cabewse
Fri, 06-02-2006, 02:50 AM
That's the show on Nickelodian, correct?

I've seen a couple episodes. My younger brother likes it more than I. Not bad from what I've seen, even if it is American.

NeoBear
Fri, 06-02-2006, 03:03 AM
well its no Teen Titans but its ok

Lucifus
Sun, 09-03-2006, 08:23 PM
Anyone really been keeping with this series? I just decided to watch it from boredom and caught up with it on youtube, and i've got to say. This is the first anime the US has done right. The fact that nick keeps reshowing the first 10 episodes turned me off.

But I'm up to ep 31 now and I'm saying this is Naruto level anime(- the fillers) in english!:eek: I'm itching for the next episode(Sept 15) If anyones kept up with it, whad'ya all think?

And if you havn't seen it. I really recommend this to everyone. Check it out on youtube. Don't judge it by the first 10 eps either. It really picks up.

The US has done me proud. (Wipes tear from his eye):cool:

lilphatboi88
Mon, 09-04-2006, 12:45 AM
good speech

Lucifus
Mon, 09-04-2006, 01:49 AM
Um......Thank you?:rolleyes:

Seriously, The anime ownz, check it out!:cool:

Munsu
Mon, 09-04-2006, 02:28 AM
I started watching this 2 weeks ago, and I must say that it has been pretty good thus far. Waiting for season 2 to continue.

dragonrage
Mon, 09-04-2006, 02:54 AM
I have watched if from the begining, and yeah it was really done right. I really enjoyed it. The storylines, character and plot design are amazingly well done. What is there not to love. Ofcourse it is nothing "hardcore" it shows on nick after all, but for the targeted audience it is as close to perfect that i think you can get.

thanks "lucy" :p I didn't know that there was a thread for this. Thanks for uncovering and reviving it.

Lucifus
Mon, 09-04-2006, 02:55 AM
Lol, had to. I knew there had to be one, otherwise the anime would be going to waste. :p
Of course its not the best of anime, but, done by the US this is A+ work.

Now, can't wait for season 2 so we can start discussing bullocks and whatnot.:D

DarkSasuke
Wed, 09-06-2006, 09:06 PM
Theres really a good storyline going on here with the climax and all
a great anime i would say but i wish they would work faster on the episodes

Munsu
Sat, 09-16-2006, 01:29 AM
Episode 12 of season 2:
http://70.189.116.48:6969/torrent.html?info_hash=5dd2087e78edd87e74993fe0c61 e54123d8d98f3

Lucifus
Sat, 09-16-2006, 01:46 AM
Huh? Wasn't it an hour long thingy? Not sure.
Unfortunatly I missed it.:( Thanks for the link.

dragonrage
Sat, 09-16-2006, 04:48 AM
any idea on when the second season is schedule to end or at what episdoe the second season will stop?

Knives122
Sat, 09-16-2006, 09:57 AM
Every book is 20 chapters long(in other words it's 20 episodes in a season). The show may end around Novembe/December seeeing how they're going back to an episode a week again.

Munsu
Sat, 09-16-2006, 10:34 AM
Huh? Wasn't it an hour long thingy? Not sure.
Unfortunatly I missed it.:( Thanks for the link.
Episode 13:
http://cartoon-world.edwardk.info/Avatar%20-%20The%20Last%20Airbender%20-%20S2E13%20-%20The%20Drill%20%5BFrost%20C-W%5D%28HQ%29.avi.torrent

And here's 12 from the same tracker:
http://cartoon-world.edwardk.info/Avatar%20-%20The%20Last%20Airbender%20-%20S2E12%20-%20The%20Serpent%27s%20Pass%20%5BFrost%20C-W%5D%28HQ%29.avi.torrent

lilphatboi88
Sat, 09-16-2006, 03:10 PM
very nice...thanks for the links.

This anime is becoming to be very good. There's a lot of comedy in it and everything else.

Lucifus
Sat, 09-16-2006, 03:13 PM
Sweet, liked ep 32. Back to an ep each friday eh? Koolness. This series is growing on me.:D

ChaosK
Sun, 09-17-2006, 08:28 PM
Every book is 20 chapters long(in other words it's 20 episodes in a season). The show may end around Novembe/December seeeing how they're going back to an episode a week again.

The show? The shows ending with just two chapters?

Munsu
Sun, 09-17-2006, 08:47 PM
He meant the second season, this will be a three season series if not mistaken.

dragonrage
Sun, 09-17-2006, 09:49 PM
yep bud is on the mark. Ad I think his assumption is right. since the first saeson was water bending, the second earth, the third fire and possible the end. But all of this is just speculation.

Munsu
Fri, 09-22-2006, 11:18 PM
14:
http://cartoon-world.edwardk.info/Avatar%20-%20The%20Last%20Airbender%20-%20S2E14%20-%20City%20Of%20Walls%20And%20Secrets%20%5BFrost%20 C-W%5D.avi.torrent

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 09-24-2006, 05:03 PM
Wow never thought I'd see the day where this show actually got it's own discussion thread. Hard to believe. It is one of the better american produced animes, although personally it comes off as a little too watered down for my tastes. Although I do admit that the production values are top notch and it's a hell of alot better then some of the other non-japanese anime's I've seen on American television.

Munsu
Sat, 09-30-2006, 01:02 AM
15:
http://cartoon-world.edwardk.info/Avatar%20-%20The%20Last%20Airbender%20-%20S2E15%20-%20Tales%20of%20Ba%20Sing%20Se%20%5BFrost%20C-W%5D.avi.torrent

Anyone knows the bt tracker and/or the IRC channel for the group moonsong?

Death13a
Sat, 10-14-2006, 07:11 PM
Episode 16 (http://70.189.116.48:6969/torrent.html?info_hash=50f96afa8346cb6b894736f5866 c6f5f466fe9f4)

See the world through Appa and Ba Sing Se just keeps showing more secrets.

Deblas
Wed, 10-18-2006, 09:38 PM
Anyone have another link for episode 15 or am I just the only one who gets no sound when I try to play it?

Zati
Wed, 10-18-2006, 11:38 PM
Here is another link for Episode 15

http://www.torrentspy.com/download.asp?id=871095

Deblas
Thu, 10-19-2006, 11:28 AM
Nice, thanks a bunch!

imanewb
Fri, 10-20-2006, 12:52 AM
thanks for the linsk
I love this show

gr3atfull
Fri, 10-20-2006, 03:49 PM
Episode 2-16:
http://www.mininova.org/tor/453156

Munsu
Sat, 11-04-2006, 01:05 AM
17:
http://70.189.116.48:6969/torrent.html?info_hash=fc5c06a6ea88211b5c3c38156d0 253671f3adc45

Zati
Sat, 11-04-2006, 01:06 AM
Edited : Bud posted 1 min before me :D

This was a great episode one of the best of the season we get to see Jet meeting up with the gang after being brainwashed although something tragic happens to him after and then there was a great underground fight! Also Zuko turns good nice finish to the hunt and the gang gets back Appa!

gr3atfull
Sat, 11-04-2006, 06:55 PM
Cool battle scenes. Great ending, but I wonder where the gang is heading and what is going to happen to Jet.....

Zati
Sat, 11-18-2006, 04:03 AM
Just out!

Episode 18 - The Earth King (http://www.mininova.org/get/488910)

Munsu
Sun, 11-19-2006, 08:04 PM
18 was a fairly boring episode, but the last couple of minutes were great.

ChaosK
Sun, 11-19-2006, 08:20 PM
18 was a fairly boring episode, but the last couple of minutes were great.

What? the first couple of minutes were great. It was possibly the best bending I've seen.

Munsu
Sun, 11-19-2006, 09:09 PM
That's true, when I posted I forgot about the beginning of the episode. All I remembered from the episode were the trips with the Earth King and such.

Knives122
Sun, 11-19-2006, 09:22 PM
It was pretty boring episode(except for the beginning). I expect the season finale to be 8 times better.

And I am saying this b/c my dream scenario is going to happen. I'm so happy

DarthEnderX
Mon, 11-20-2006, 03:19 AM
I'm looking forward to the finale too. Too bad it's not till the middle of December.

Still, the whole assault on the palace this week was bitchin.

Knives122
Mon, 11-20-2006, 11:09 AM
Actually, it airs(the two episodes that make up the season finale) Dec. 1st.

So you only have to wait two weeks :D

Carnage
Mon, 11-20-2006, 05:38 PM
Damn this episode kicked ass!

It was a little predictable though, but thats alright :rolleyes:

Can't wait for the finale!:p

P.S. I can't wait to see Ang's training with the weird old dude at the wind temple.

Lucifus
Mon, 11-20-2006, 06:37 PM
Ohh, they're more people interested in Avatar than I thought. I agree, this ep owned.
Can't wait for the finale.:D

Knives122
Fri, 12-01-2006, 09:04 PM
Congrats Avatar, you have officially gone into the "shit has hit the fan" phase of the show.

Mizuchi
Fri, 12-01-2006, 09:49 PM
omg the finale was AMAZING

whoever the script writers are are genius

This finale has made me like this show more than non-filler naruto and bleach

Lucifus
Fri, 12-01-2006, 10:07 PM
Snap! What happened!? Wait, I don't want spoilers....Gotta wait till its uploaded. =S
Well, least from comments above I can expect some kickazz finale.:D

Carnage
Fri, 12-01-2006, 11:23 PM
omg the finale was AMAZING

whoever the script writers are are genius

This finale has made me like this show more than non-filler naruto and bleach

Thats quite a big fucken statement. If its comming out to be as great as I hear, I can't wait until its uploaded. :D

Zati
Fri, 12-01-2006, 11:47 PM
Nice just released! :

Episode 19-20 The Guru - The Crossroads of Destiny finale by Furf (http://www.mininova.org/tor/502572)

Carnage
Sat, 12-02-2006, 11:44 AM
Man that was amazing. But it is extremely similar to Empire strikes back.

Guru - Yoda
Ang - Luke
Zuko - Darth Vader~
Kitara - Princess Laya
Uncle - Han Solo :confused:

Ang runs from Guru after seeing a vision, doesn't complete his training, and can ~never~ complete it. Zuko turns to the dark side, but still has some good left in him, Kitara is an annoying character......and is to be saved by Ang. Uncle is just kickass.....so lets just say he's Han Solo. Uncle is trapped and the good guys have to run away w/o him.

But none the less the episode was good, with uncle breathing fire and all. But I was a little disappointed that we didn't get to see avatar turn into an earth spirit, just like how he did with the water spirit last book.

I do wonder though, since ba singsei has been captured, who's going to invade the fire nation?

Lucifus
Sat, 12-02-2006, 12:01 PM
Rofl at the Empire Strikes back pun. Dling at the moment. :rolleyes:

Edit: Damn, that was pretty badass. =D

Death13a
Sat, 12-02-2006, 02:59 PM
Nice double episode, with many twists. Kitara is a powerfull bender and not to mention can bring people from dead. Toph can now bend metal. Awesome ending of season.

Mizuchi
Sun, 12-03-2006, 03:41 PM
Just a couple of things i dont understand though.

1. If the earth king and the generals never knew about the war, whos been sending out earth kingdom troops to defend against the fire nation for so long?

2. If the earth kingdom didn't need ba sing se to fight back fire nation, why did the king say the Earth Kingdom, not Ba Sing Se has fallen?

3. Was Ba Sing Se really a powerful city? I mean the king is an idiot, the soldiers (Dai Li) are loyal to someone who is against the king

4. Was the former leader of the Dai Li (i forget his name) with the fire nation? If not, who was he for? Did he like not understand if he doesn't back up the earth kingdom then the fire nation will come and destroy his city?

5. In simple terms, wtf just happened? in like a matter of days, a fire nation girl with no army at all simply came in and said I am queen, and all of the sudden some of the most powerful earth kingdom soldiers accept her and Ba Sing Se turns fire nation??? what the hell?

But still, it was quite easy to ignore that because this finale kicked ass anyway.

animus
Mon, 12-04-2006, 09:08 AM
Just a couple of things i dont understand though.

1. If the earth king and the generals never knew about the war, whos been sending out earth kingdom troops to defend against the fire nation for so long?

2. If the earth kingdom didn't need ba sing se to fight back fire nation, why did the king say the Earth Kingdom, not Ba Sing Se has fallen?

3. Was Ba Sing Se really a powerful city? I mean the king is an idiot, the soldiers (Dai Li) are loyal to someone who is against the king

4. Was the former leader of the Dai Li (i forget his name) with the fire nation? If not, who was he for? Did he like not understand if he doesn't back up the earth kingdom then the fire nation will come and destroy his city?

5. In simple terms, wtf just happened? in like a matter of days, a fire nation girl with no army at all simply came in and said I am queen, and all of the sudden some of the most powerful earth kingdom soldiers accept her and Ba Sing Se turns fire nation??? what the hell?

But still, it was quite easy to ignore that because this finale kicked ass anyway.

You fail at comprehension.

1. The leader of the Dai Li.

2. Uh, yes he does need Ba Sing Se. Ba Sing Se is the capital of the Earth Nation and at the end you see the Earth King leave with Aang on Oppa. Cause I'm sure he's escaping with teh whole Earth Kingdom army.

3. There're many times in history when the person on the throne is nothing but just a figurehead and hold little power. Like the emperors in Japan, Queen of England, and in this case the Earth Kingdom.

4. He was for himself. He was planning to take the throne for himself. But, his followers, the Dai Li saw how powerful a leader Princess Azula was, and were torn between which to choose. Princess Azula is also an extremely powerful bender, and like she said she had the divine right unlike him, he started out with nothing.

5. It's called a Coup d'etat. She infiltrated the Earth Kingdom by posing as Kyoshi Warriors. In the previous episode, near the end Aang gave the thumbs up to the Earth King that the Kyoshi warriors were friends/allies. The Leader of the Dai Li, who was incarcerated and lost all power saw this as an opportunity to regain power by throwing a coup.

Mizuchi
Mon, 12-04-2006, 07:52 PM
But why doesn't the king inform the real army (who im assuming isn't with the Dai Li) to take down the Dai Li and stop the uprising? Ba Sing Se is only one city, there is still an entire Earth Kingdom that is loyal to the king.

Kitsune
Mon, 12-04-2006, 08:22 PM
[QUOTE=Mizuchi]Just a couple of things i dont understand though.

Well the earth king didnt know but im not so sure about the 5 generals. When the fire nation was invading with the drill the person leading the army was one of the 5 generals not the dai li so couldnt they have told the earth king at that point even if they didnt know about the war earlier?

animus
Tue, 12-05-2006, 08:24 AM
I'm pretty sure all the other Earth Kingdom cities have already fallen or are close to it due to constant attacks. Ba Sing Se was known as impenetrable, and now it has fallen. It's also their capital. Not only is it a strategic loss, but it's also a huge loss morally. I may not know the details, but when the enemy usually overtakes your castle and your capital in a kingdom, it usually signifies a loss.

Mizuchi
Tue, 12-05-2006, 09:00 PM
Ohh I see... Well, I wonder how the avatar will work his way out of this one, I mean its basically him against millions of people at once. Air nomads are dead, water tribe isnt much of anything, fire nation is huge, and the earth kingdom has fallen. =/ but all the more excitement of the show! :)

Munsu
Thu, 01-11-2007, 08:27 AM
http://www.tv.com/avatar-the-last-airbender/show/28841/story/8025.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gumballs&tag=gumballs;title;0

M. Night Shyamalan will direct a live-action adaptation of this show. I really like his movies, so hopefully this will turn out to be awesome. Hopefully it'll be a trillogy of sorts, I don't think one movie will do it justice, especially with the epic nature of the cartoons. And after reading the article once again, it seems like that'll be the case.

Divinity
Thu, 01-11-2007, 06:13 PM
Has anyone been following this seris? i think its really one of the very best new anime's out there right now (naruto and bleach have gone to shits:mad: ), i just wanted to open a thread to see if anyone else wanted to talk about the seris....

This is a good show. The animation is really nice because well it's a US series I think and they have the money to make all the nice animation.

Story is pretty good and the whole bending stuff is a cool idea.

Ryllharu
Thu, 01-11-2007, 07:23 PM
This is a good show. The animation is really nice because well it's a US series I think and they have the money to make all the nice animation.
Have you seen any of the other Original Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network series? Half of them are drawn like an 8 year old. It's about time a company here put some money into a series. Maybe they realized a lot of the popular shows were licensed Japanese ones, who knows? What matters is they really put some effort into animating, writing, and casting this one. If I had any kids, I'd be more than happy to watch Avatar with them.

M. Night Shyamalan has kids of his own, I believe he mentioned how important making sure Lady in the Water was fairy tale like, and he mentioned his own children occasionally during interviews about it. (I still haven't seen it, so I can't make any real comments about it). If he went about making the live action trilogy right, they could be really good movies.

Narasho
Thu, 01-11-2007, 08:06 PM

The irony in that statement should not go unnoticed.

Terracosmo
Wed, 03-28-2007, 11:55 PM
By pure coincidence I've grown very interested in this show. I was reading up on Family Guy on wikipedia and someone was having fun and replaced an entire Family Guy episode with images & information from Avatar. I was like "what the fuck is this?" and followed a few links, saw a few screenshots and now I'm getting season 1 & 2. I don't know why, but something just clicks. And seeing as so many seem to like it...

animus
Thu, 03-29-2007, 06:27 AM
Yea, even though it's a bit on the younger audience side, it's still very well made and very enjoyable.

Ryllharu
Thu, 03-29-2007, 07:25 AM
What really makes Avatar great is that beneath the stuff for the younger audiences, some of the slapstick with Saka, or the other really childish jokes and bloodless violence, there's a much deeper side to the overall feeling of the story. It's a lot more mature than it appears. A good deal of the philosophical lessons and metaphysics as Aang learns about his powers comes directly from Hindu and Buddhist beliefs. After taking an Southeast Asian religion course in college, I was surprised how much I recognized buried in the series when I rewatched it.

Avatar is written very maturely, but also given plenty to appeal to the younger audiences that make up it's target demographic. It's like any really well written kid's movie. It's got everything it needs to keep the little ones happy, but it also is really enjoyable for adults.

Not to mention that each of the bending styles are adapted directly from real martial arts. They used a lot of reference animation from martial artists.

Fire - Shaolin
Water - Tai Chi
I forget what Earth was, and I was never able to recognize Air.

Munsu
Thu, 03-29-2007, 07:27 AM
I wonder what the target audience would be for the M. Night Shyamalan's live-action adaptation... hopefully they wont dumbfied it much, and actually target it to teenagers or adults.

Carnage
Sun, 04-08-2007, 04:10 PM
- Ryllharu - They show the techniques on DVD 1 Season 1. Earth had something to do with heavy stances and stiff movements...

*Carnage doesn't have the DVD on him* :(

animus
Sun, 04-08-2007, 05:24 PM
What really makes Avatar great is that beneath the stuff for the younger audiences, some of the slapstick with Saka, or the other really childish jokes and bloodless violence, there's a much deeper side to the overall feeling of the story. It's a lot more mature than it appears. A good deal of the philosophical lessons and metaphysics as Aang learns about his powers comes directly from Hindu and Buddhist beliefs. After taking an Southeast Asian religion course in college, I was surprised how much I recognized buried in the series when I rewatched it.

Avatar is written very maturely, but also given plenty to appeal to the younger audiences that make up it's target demographic. It's like any really well written kid's movie. It's got everything it needs to keep the little ones happy, but it also is really enjoyable for adults.

Not to mention that each of the bending styles are adapted directly from real martial arts. They used a lot of reference animation from martial artists.

Fire - Shaolin
Water - Tai Chi
I forget what Earth was, and I was never able to recognize Air.

I don't think Fire would be Shaolin. Air would probably be more likely as shaolin martial arts teaches to disable, and disarm your opponent and not to kill. And seeing as how fire is the most destructive element it'd go against their teachings.

jay_v
Sun, 04-08-2007, 05:25 PM
I've been watching avatar as soon as it came it out and its got a good storyline, its has it little kodak moments and its also got action/adventure, something that all good animes should have. Well, i found the first season to be very enjoyable and i cant wait til the 2nd season arrives:cool:

Munsu
Sun, 04-08-2007, 05:38 PM
We already saw the second season you know... you mean the third season?

Ryllharu
Sun, 04-08-2007, 05:48 PM
I don't think Fire would be Shaolin. Air would probably be more likely as shaolin martial arts teaches to disable, and disarm your opponent and not to kill. And seeing as how fire is the most destructive element it'd go against their teachings.
There was a quick special during the commercials of one of the "movies" when it aired on Nickelodeon. They showed the guy they use for reference motion capture, and he explained that Fire was based off Shaolin, and gave a brief explanation.

You are right about the combat philosophy behind Shaolin, but the actual stances and moves of Fire Bending are straight out of Shaolin. It is the only one I was 100% sure on, since they outright said it.

animus
Sun, 04-08-2007, 07:28 PM
Ahh k, and I can see how Water would be Tai Chi as all their stances and moves are slow and flowing movements, much like water itself.

Ryllharu
Sun, 04-08-2007, 07:39 PM
It turns out there were wikipedia pages on each of the bending styles, and it lists the influences for each.

Water - Tai Chi
Earth - Hung Gar (with Toph's being Southern Praying Mantis Kung Fu)
Fire - a mix of Northern Shaolin, Southern Dragon Claw, and Xing Yi
Air - Ba Gua with an small influence from Hsing Yi.

There's a link in the References of each of the articles of the form "Nickelodeon's Official Avatar: The Last Airbender [specific bending style] Guide feat. Sifu Kisu". It shows the moves in parallel with the animation. They are very informative.

Air - http://www.nick.com/turbonick/index.jhtml?extvideoid=25941
Water - http://www.nick.com/turbonick/index.jhtml?extvideoid=25940
Earth - http://www.nick.com/turbonick/index.jhtml?extvideoid=25942
Fire - http://www.nick.com/turbonick/index.jhtml?extvideoid=25939

Carnage
Thu, 07-26-2007, 08:50 AM
I hope this is legit:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7629

Knives122
Thu, 07-26-2007, 08:57 AM
That is indeed real.

Foomanchew24
Tue, 08-07-2007, 11:54 PM
Jusst a little update for those wondering when the third season was starting.
Next episode: The Awakening
Coming soon
Airs: Friday September 21, 2007

TheBladeChild
Wed, 08-08-2007, 04:59 AM
Wow finally was wondering when the new season was coming out. Though im not a particular fan of anything that comes from Nick, I have been quite satisfied with this series. Thanks for the update Foomanchew24. :)

Killa-Eyez
Wed, 09-19-2007, 07:44 PM
I live in Holland, so you all will probably see the first epi sooner then I will but I'm just hoping there's a good ripper out there who's quick 2... Anyone got any leads? I'll do the usual searching trough all the torrent sites... Keep me posted plz.

animus
Wed, 09-19-2007, 09:57 PM
These rather big name shows always get ripped and put online fairly early.

TheBladeChild
Thu, 09-20-2007, 06:00 PM
omg i just realized that the opening happens on my b-day :)

Lucifus
Fri, 09-21-2007, 12:40 PM
Next episode: The Awakening
Airs: Friday September 21, 2007

Don't Miss It!
8:30PM!

Killa-Eyez
Fri, 09-21-2007, 07:07 PM
Tell me how it was fellas!

Lucifus
Fri, 09-21-2007, 08:06 PM
Damn, this season is gonna be effing great if it continues like this ep did.

Won't spoil anything on the count that I'm too lazy to type out a review but it didnot disappoint.

The episode should be up pretty soon.

Kitsune
Fri, 09-21-2007, 08:07 PM
Personally im pretty disappointed with this first ep :( I liked the Zuko seens and the the fight at sea was ok hopefully itll get good tho. Maybe its just me but i think that the one to teach the avatar firebending will be Zuko b/c the whole theme of him being taught by other kids but then again Zuko rly needs him dead now

Foomanchew24
Fri, 09-21-2007, 09:21 PM
WTF my DVR didnt record.....arghh!

Carnage
Fri, 09-21-2007, 09:31 PM
Meh, I thought this episode was alright. I liked all the Zuko drama, but the scenes with Aang were alright (albeit them being necessary for character development). Obviously the first few eps will be slow though, but I do expect the pace to pick up quite quickly since this is the last season (probably).

P.S. It would be so bad ass if Iroh taught Aang.

Kitsune
Sat, 09-22-2007, 01:28 AM
Yea id love if he did but its unlikely. I cant wait til the invasion though I saw the previews and the kid who lived at the air temple and his dad was the inventor was there, and hopefully well have King Bumi, Jeong Jeong, and the Northern Water Tribe

Munsu
Sat, 09-22-2007, 05:31 AM
Season 3 episode 1:
http://bt.cartoonpalace.net:6969/torrent.html?info_hash=33771485be9cc513b19fc77e0ab 865ed42b84b71

animus
Sat, 09-22-2007, 08:54 AM
Interesting, I didn't know Zuko and that May girl were involved until that kiss. Or maybe I just can't remember much from last season.

Kitsune
Sun, 09-23-2007, 03:45 PM
Yea i think they just started dating or w/e this episode

Ryllharu
Sun, 09-23-2007, 05:09 PM
They had shown in both flashbacks and various scenes of her blushing that Mai had like Zuko for a long time. Now his honor restored temporarily by Azula, and later formally by the Fire Lord (played by Mark Hamill, awesome!).

Apparently, we missed a scene that was only in "Going Home Again," a Nickelodeon produced comic in Nick Mag Presents. Short summary of that comic here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Avatar:_The_Last_Airbender_major_secondary _characters#Mai). I'll see if I can find a link to it someplace.

I see that Katara and Toph have gotten much stronger with their respective types of bending. Toph seems to have metalbending well under control.

EDIT: I found some scans of the short comic, but the idiots who uploaded it didn't link the page right, so I'm short just one page. The full magazine was released on the 18th.

Death13a
Sat, 09-29-2007, 01:00 PM
Episode 2 - Headband (http://bt.cartoonpalace.net:6969/torrent.html?info_hash=50ca98c534e5da28559af440eb6 53e448a326035)

Munsu
Sat, 09-29-2007, 01:21 PM
Hmm, Footloose. I liked the episode, except for the dancing scenes. I enjoyed him being in school and all, I would've hoped they would've made a small arc out of it.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 09-29-2007, 02:20 PM
I'm glad they did this episode because after the previous episode I was worried that the show had lost its humor.

I definitely had nothing to worry about.

anime nomad
Wed, 10-03-2007, 09:26 PM
on the contrary the dancing scenes were all very interesting, you could see alot of martial arts influences in the dance moves.
Saka has to be one of my all time favourite comic reliefs!

Death13a
Sat, 10-06-2007, 12:00 PM
Avatar 303- Painted Lady (http://bt.cartoonpalace.net:6969/torrent.html?info_hash=ce685fd64e310835361f2bed8b6 877ef4a0a48f3)

Munsu
Sat, 10-06-2007, 02:16 PM
Nice episode, she really has become a very powerful water bender.

Carnage
Sat, 10-06-2007, 09:47 PM
I dont know, I didnt know find much of a point to this episode other than "girl power!". Probably the worst episode so far.

Edit@ Mizuchi: I can call any episode I want crap. Especially this one. And if you didn't notice, I wasn't dissing the entire series, I was talking shit just about the first few episodes.

Obviously the first few eps will be slow though,

Mizuchi
Sun, 10-07-2007, 10:32 PM
I dont know, I didnt know find much of a point to this episode other than "girl power!". Probably the worst episode so far.

Dude, stop being a little pesimist. Seriously.

Although this episode didn't have a huge earthbender/firebender war and an invasion of a city, find me a series that has something that large in each episode. Actually, avatar fits more quality content in one episode than any other anime series ive seen. Look at naruto and some bleach episodes. They have entire episodes dedicated to breathing heavily and maybe pulling off one attack or two.

I wish Naruto and Bleach would do what Avatar does and take breaks between seasons so their episodes would have more quality content. It makes the show so much better if you don't fill it with filler crap.

Death13a
Fri, 10-12-2007, 11:44 PM
The Avatar - 304 - Sokka's Master (http://bt.cartoonpalace.net:6969/torrent.html?info_hash=13cba29c98e69461daee37f783d 9f87a9ac7ad1a)

Man I wish every show would balanced as this. Now Sokka is a swordsman with sword made of meteor. The old man ( forgot name) training in jail while pretending to be crazy.

Ryllharu
Sat, 10-13-2007, 07:27 AM
Good episode, and did anyone else catch the Nickelodeon splat when Toph was bending the "space earth"?

Iroh will probably choke the guard out cold from inside his cell in a few episodes.

animus
Sat, 10-13-2007, 01:51 PM
Good episode, Iroh's not a fatty anymore and Sokka might actually be useful now.

dragonrage
Sat, 10-13-2007, 03:05 PM
he always was useful my friend. And he is a corner stone of the show...

great episode... I want to know exactly want Iroh is preparing for.. he was pretty bad ass before so it might be interesting to see what he is gonna be like now....

I know for a fact that he is doing this partly for his nephew just want to see exactly waht the man does.... With ages comes knowlegde but this old fart has wisdom... atleast that is how he is portrayed

Mizuchi
Sat, 10-13-2007, 10:36 PM
I know for a fact that he is doing this partly for his nephew just want to see exactly waht the man does....

Hopefully beat the arrogance out of the ungreatful kid's face.

Knives122
Sun, 10-14-2007, 12:45 AM
great episode... I want to know exactly want Iroh is preparing for.. he was pretty bad ass before so it might be interesting to see what he is gonna be like now....

I know for a fact that he is doing this partly for his nephew just want to see exactly waht the man does.... With ages comes knowlegde but this old fart has wisdom... atleast that is how he is portrayed

He's getting ready to break out of jail, or someone is getting ready to break him out. Also with him being so wise he figured that he shouldn't be out of shape when he's running around in the fire nation.

Death13a
Sat, 10-20-2007, 03:31 PM
The Avatar - 305 - The Beach (http://bt.cartoonpalace.net:6969/torrent.html?info_hash=470d2b8a6606572598901a545ab 05e04e18a5d61)

Good balance of comedy and fighting. Someone has issues with global domination.

animus
Sat, 10-20-2007, 05:02 PM
Am I the only one who thinks the kissing is just so random?

Jaitne
Sat, 10-20-2007, 10:08 PM
Am I the only one who thinks the kissing is just so random?

No, you're not. It's oh so very random.

Necromas
Sun, 10-21-2007, 07:42 PM
Finally, my favorite character (Sokka) get's some love!

So far every episode in Book 3 have been amazing too, even the fillerish painted lady (take that Naruto! it doesn't have to suck just cause an episode doesn't advance the main storyline).

Death13a
Sun, 10-21-2007, 10:11 PM
I wander how that assassin firebends to shoot fire from his third eye(probably high-end bending with only mind, instead of with entire body). It would be interesting if Aang and Assassin would play hide and seek for entire episode and Aang would learn something.

Jaitne
Mon, 10-22-2007, 02:05 PM
I wander how that assassin firebends to shoot fire from his third eye(probably high-end bending with only mind, instead of with entire body). It would be interesting if Aang and Assassin would play hide and seek for entire episode and Aang would learn something.

I'm like.. half hoping Aang learns firebending from Zuko.

Abdula
Mon, 10-22-2007, 02:48 PM
With Zuko's personality and Aang's stubbornness I really don't see that happening hope I'm wrong though because I'm really getting tired of him.

animus
Mon, 10-22-2007, 03:10 PM
Maybe it'll be the fat dude uncle.

Knives122
Mon, 10-22-2007, 03:27 PM
He isn't fat anymore, he's actually pretty buff.

Carnage
Mon, 10-22-2007, 03:36 PM
Iroh is the shit. If he teaches Aang, that will make up for the last few episodes of shit (aside from the fight scene with Aang and the Cyclops guy and Sokka's training).

Jaitne
Mon, 10-22-2007, 07:12 PM
Maybe it'll be the fat dude uncle.

We've enver seen him lift up his shirt before, so for all we know, he's always been buff.. and it wasn't just all those months he's spent inside the cell.

Necromas
Mon, 10-22-2007, 11:15 PM
Iroh is the shit. If he teaches Aang, that will make up for the last few episodes of shit (aside from the fight scene with Aang and the Cyclops guy and Sokka's training).

Well, he IS a member of the white lotus society, and Sokka just happens to have a white lotus tile....

Jaitne
Tue, 10-23-2007, 03:29 PM
Well, he IS a member of the white lotus society, and Sokka just happens to have a white lotus tile....

How true! And Grandpa wasn't into killing off the avatar, if you remember. He was trying to protect Aang when the fire nation attacked the Earth Kingdom.

Munsu
Fri, 10-26-2007, 07:30 AM
Episodes 6, 7, and 8:
http://www.fulldls.com/torrent-anime-51838.html

Death13a
Fri, 10-26-2007, 12:13 PM
6: I really like the beginning of war and that Firelord wasn't "I will rule the world" but " I want spread prosperity" even through it went twisted.
7: Good action and Combustion Man actually has weakness. Oh don't forget Hawky!!
8:Another Kitaras' episode with darkside of the moon. That power can bring down Firelord before guards will realize what happening. I just hope that she will continue to use that technique and maybe she will somewhat able to to it without full moon.

Ryllharu
Fri, 10-26-2007, 06:54 PM
6 and 7 had a good amount of comedy, and I enjoyed them, but episode 8 "The Puppetmaster" was the kind of episode that really makes Avatar great.

I thought it would be a cheesy Halloween episode where something that's "scary" turns out to be mundane, but it really was creepy. When the old lady absorbed all the water in the flowers I knew it was going to be a good episode. Didn't disappoint me for the remainder of the episode.

I doubt Katara will be able to use it without the full moon. Back in the end of season 1 they made it clear that without the moon, waterbenders have no power. The full moon is necessary for that precise control, and the power required. "My work is done..." creeepy....

Necromas
Sat, 10-27-2007, 12:39 AM
Episode 9 is seriously epic in the comedy it brings. (I got it from a friend, but you should be able to find it in the usual places).

Death13a
Sat, 10-27-2007, 01:01 AM
http://www.mininova.org/get/961289 (quality of recording is BAD, if you can wait, wait but i can't)

Lucifus
Sat, 10-27-2007, 11:56 AM
Holy crap. Episode 9 was beyond great. Epic stuff! Quality wasnt all that bad. When ya said bad, I was expecting Youtube quality.

Episode 8 is the stuff that makes Avatar. All in all, 4 eps of downright enjoyment. Keep em coming.

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 11-11-2007, 04:01 PM
Don't know how but the invasion two parter episode is out. You can stream both episodes here.

http://www.avatarchapters.com/

I got admit it's pretty pimp. I used to be an avatar hater too but because of the attention it's been receiving (combined with general boredom and procrastinating tendencies) I decided to give it another look.

Man I'm so pleased I did, and the invasion served as the ultimate pay off.

Enjoy peoples, enjoy.

Carnage
Mon, 11-12-2007, 11:52 AM
It was good, especially episode 11. Although I think they should have pulled down the invasion to early episodes, such as 8 or 9, giving them more time to develop what they have in store. It seems like Iroh and Zuko will be teaching Aang some fire bending.

And was it just me, or did it seem like going through a video game when Sokka and his dad were carrying out the invasion?

Munsu
Sat, 12-01-2007, 03:59 AM
This should be some better version than the previously released 10 and 11:
http://bt.cartoonpalace.net:6969/torrent.html?info_hash=3e6653358920cd5a49eba78a888 f990fd3dd60f0

Just watched them, very good episodes... I wonder to where the uncle is heading, and I wonder if Zuko's mom will show up eventually and she'll have any significant role in the series.

animus
Sat, 12-01-2007, 08:36 AM
Hm, wasn't episode 12 supposed to air yesterday? Don't see any torrents up yet, which is surprising.

Munsu
Sat, 12-01-2007, 03:16 PM
10 and 11 aired yesterday... so if 12 was going to air, it would've been somewhere else.

animus
Sat, 12-01-2007, 03:19 PM
That's odd, I already saw 10 and 11, last week on avatarchapters.com

Munsu
Sat, 12-01-2007, 03:58 PM
That's because it's airing somewhere else other than USA, and they were ahead.

Anyways, it seems to me like Avatar is taking a break after episode 11... probably because of Christmas and they've just ended an important arc, so it seems like a good place to stop for the moment.

darkmetal505
Sun, 12-16-2007, 10:20 PM
12 is out. Zuko is in as expected, but I really want to know what Combustion Man's real name is.

Carnage
Mon, 12-17-2007, 06:50 AM
I liked this episode better than the invasion. The humor was priceless.

AbstractTheorem
Mon, 12-17-2007, 04:13 PM
That's because it's airing somewhere else other than USA, and they were ahead.

Anyways, it seems to me like Avatar is taking a break after episode 11... probably because of Christmas and they've just ended an important arc, so it seems like a good place to stop for the moment.

yeah in the UK Avatar is now just 1 episode ahead, for awhile it was 3, on dec 28th episode 13 is going to air in the UK (well barring any random problems with the episode.. 12 had to be edited due to "voilence" or something)

saman
Tue, 01-01-2008, 01:55 AM
hi. just dropped in to say i'm newly addicted to this show. just downloaded the first season and plan to watch it all in the next two days! okay bye.

AbstractTheorem
Sat, 01-05-2008, 12:20 PM
13 Is out, and it was good go git it

http://www.avatarchapters.org/download/59.html

animus
Sat, 01-05-2008, 02:23 PM
That was a pretty good episode indeed.

Killa-Eyez
Sun, 01-06-2008, 08:48 AM
For the torrent (http://www.mininova.org/get/1085750) users.

saman
Sat, 04-19-2008, 11:28 PM
the avatar fandom, it's going nuts! there was an avatar panel at the new york comicon today that released news of episodes and trailers for the rest of book 3

there's a dvd release scheduled for may 8th that's supposed to have new, unaired episodes. also, a 4 part series finale airs in july 2008.

very exciting book 3 trailer: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vNVJJ0X7em4

NeoBear
Sun, 04-20-2008, 01:02 AM
....wait a min i seem to be totally clue less i browsed a few post in this thread and you guys are not talking about the show that used to air on nickelodeon are you? forgive me for being ignorant i only ever saw like 1 episode while sitting in a MCdonalds and thought it was cool but i mean come on did i totally miss the train?

Dark Dragon
Sun, 04-20-2008, 01:43 AM
Yes we are talking about the show that air on Nick. Despite the obvious target audience being kids, the show is well written and is something anyone can enjoy.

Assassin
Sun, 04-20-2008, 11:44 AM
The trailer was pretty good but i would have enjoyed it more without the screaming fangirls....seriously, stfu already.

tnynyn
Sun, 04-20-2008, 01:07 PM
The trailer was pretty good but i would have enjoyed it more without the screaming fangirls....seriously, stfu already.

seriously, damn fangirls are annoying as hell. cant wait for the new eps. i like the story line and the animation is nice, especially the fight scenes, very detailed.

vejita613
Sun, 04-20-2008, 04:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P45kPVxOEk0

Better video of that...screaming isnt as bad and you can see more of the screen. I think theres a bit of a lag though.

¥»»ÄzäzëL««¥
Sun, 04-20-2008, 07:44 PM
i think its great for an american-dominant show. it has a great, strong storyline, the characters are amazing, and it always seems to throw you around on what to expect. its a show that i find myself losing sleep over, waiting for the next new episode. overall, i give it a personal 9/10

dragonrage
Mon, 04-21-2008, 03:43 PM
well damn i thought that it might've had another season to go but i guess not... Its definitely exciting. Looking forward to it.

sangai
Wed, 04-23-2008, 01:52 AM
I've been watching this series since oh i think the first episode aired on nick, it was a accident really flippin through the channels and it caught my eye. what i really loved about this show was the dynamic character developement, plot developement, preperation into designing each bending styles fighting form, literally watching really styles of martial arts in order to incorporate them into the series.

im currently at season 3, episode 13, waiting for episode 14 which for some reason is on some kind of strange hiatus.

Munsu
Wed, 04-23-2008, 06:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P45kPVxOEk0

Better video of that...screaming isnt as bad and you can see more of the screen. I think theres a bit of a lag though.
I was enjoying the clip until the screaming fangirls took over... couldn't watch any more. Seriously, how can someone there not start knocking out these bitches?

Anyways, the clip was great... looks like the next couple of episodes will have a ton of action.

saman
Wed, 04-23-2008, 08:28 PM
lol. here's one without the fangirls. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmKhbVBezdg

sangai
Wed, 04-23-2008, 10:25 PM
hmmm man i really hope it doesn't do the zuko <3 katara thing...and thanks for that, so basically they did what they did on season two, took a break inbetween, at least i think they did.

saman
Fri, 04-25-2008, 06:40 PM
waugh episode 14 just leaked! apparently some blockbuster employees got the dvd early, so they ripped it. i haven't seen it yet, but it's been confirmed as real by people

megaupload link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=46NOD3A7

torrent: http://thepiratebay.org/tor/4156386

episode 15 is supposed to be up later today.

saman
Sat, 04-26-2008, 09:30 PM
double postage, i know, but i just wanted to bump and post the link for ep 15 up, for those interested. it came out late last night. megaupload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6TRRY3CT. torrent: http://isohunt.com/download/41325740/avatar.torrent

SPOILERS!!:

man, suki is so cool. her running up walls and stuff was so neat. and zomg for mai and tylee double-crossing azula!

Lucifus
Sun, 04-27-2008, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the links and update saman! Great stuff.

I unfortunately read your spoiler warning before hand though. :( Still just as enjoyable if unexpected though. :D

Suki and May are just too kool.

sangai
Mon, 04-28-2008, 02:23 AM
i think its mai.

anyways im glad i got to see these finally, but now watch, its gonna be like another 6 months till 2 more episodes swing our way or something..

great episode, supposedly there is only like 5 (*i think, if i recall there was a list of all the episodes were the final episode is called "fire lord zuko) more episodes till the series finally ends... next episode is the southern raiders, and then the ember island of prayers... hmm looks like they changed it after the next two episodes it goes in to the 4 part sozins comet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Avatar:_The_Last_Airbender_episodes#Book_T hree:_Fire_.282007-Present.29

refrence point, hmm we prolly won't see any new episodes till late june...

animus
Mon, 04-28-2008, 11:09 AM
I wonder what the new guys gonna do besides being fodder. He's kinda just there...

saman
Mon, 04-28-2008, 01:40 PM
probably just help out in the final battle as an ally. fodder, like you said.

lucifus: sorry for spoiling it for you! :S maybe i should've made the font smaller

a part of the ember island players was actually shown at the comicon too. it's kicking around on a few streaming websites, but i can dig up a link if anyone's interested. i've only seen about half the episode, but it's hilarious so far

Munsu
Tue, 07-08-2008, 12:27 AM
Well, from the trailer that had been posted before it had me me think that there were only a couple of episode left, but as far as we're concerned there'll be 6 more episodes after the Boiling Rock arc.

Expect the series to continue in mid July. July 19 should be quite special.

52. 3-12 312 14 Jul 08 The Western Air Temple
53. 3-13 313 15 Jul 08 The Firebending Masters
54. 3-14 314 16 Jul 08 The Boiling Rock (1)
55. 3-15 315 16 Jul 08 The Boiling Rock (2)
56. 3-16 316 17 Jul 08 The Southern Raiders
57. 3-17 317 18 Jul 08 The Ember Island Players
58. 3-18 318 19 Jul 08 Sozin's Comet Part 1: The Phoenix King
59. 3-19 319 19 Jul 08 Sozin's Comet Part 2: The Old Masters
60. 3-20 320 19 Jul 08 Sozin's Comet Part 3: Into the Inferno
61. 3-21 321 19 Jul 08 Sozin's Comet Part 4: Avatar Aang

saman
Tue, 07-08-2008, 10:17 PM
i am so ridiculously excited about this, though i've already seen the first four eps in that list, and part of the ember island players. i'm rewatching the series right now to prepare myself. that two hour special on the 19th is going to be epic!

Munsu
Tue, 07-08-2008, 10:21 PM
i am so ridiculously excited about this, though i've already seen the first four eps in that list, and part of the ember island players. i'm rewatching the series right now to prepare myself. that two hour special on the 19th is going to be epic!
Most of us have, hence why it'll be 6 new episodes for us... but hey, they're all airing in a row next week. We won't have to wait long for them.

Munsu
Fri, 07-18-2008, 01:30 AM
Well, here's the first episode since Boiling Rock part 2... episode 16, The Southern Raiders:
http://bt.cartoonpalace.net:6969/torrent.html?info_hash=408fe1656e46dc5d4bf10c7f6f9 2adb78edce3ff

Foomanchew24
Fri, 07-18-2008, 01:54 AM
Just cought up and it was some good stuff. I checked out my dvr and there it was, a nice surprise. I still dont understand why they wouldn't milk this a bit by making it last for a couple months. It will all be over in two weeks and we had to take a long ass break to get here. I guess I shouldn't complain sinc it will all wrap up very soon. Saturday should be good times, cant wait to see what happens.

Munsu
Fri, 07-18-2008, 09:26 PM
Episode 17, The Ember Island Prayers:
http://bt.cartoonpalace.net:6969/torrent.html?info_hash=25ff89c9265651069b59a5e8630 b711e551fb108

saman
Fri, 07-18-2008, 11:25 PM
i nearly died laughing at this episode. the "sonic wave from my mouth" line had me doubled over. and the zuko hair part haha. ohh classic avatar.

i'm having conflicted feelings about tomorrow's special. on the one had, it's going to be epic, but on the other, no more avatar :(

animus
Sat, 07-19-2008, 09:36 AM
Kitara is pretty damn annoying.

High Wind
Sat, 07-19-2008, 08:01 PM
The play was oh so bad but the episode was refreshing. Nice little break in tension with some comic relief right before the epic battle. Man that sonic mouth wave part was funny, makes you wonder if it was an alternate design for Toph lol. Looking forward to the last bit of Avatar.

Abdula
Sat, 07-19-2008, 10:56 PM
That movie was awful, but I was never an avatar fan in the first place. Spent two hours laughing because of how nonsensical it was.

The best part was when she said "me and the girls bonded in prison" everyone in the room was laughing except for this one guy who didn't get the joke.

saman
Sun, 07-20-2008, 12:27 AM
i loved it. it was the perfect ending. fights and art were incredible, and i really liked that they kept everyone, especially aang, true to character. i would've been disappointed in him if he had ended up killing ozai. it resolved all that needed to be resolved, but also left some hanging threads to show that not everything had an ending, and life does go on, like zuko's mother.

Jaitne
Sun, 07-20-2008, 06:34 PM
Kitara is pretty damn annoying.

You just noticed? >.<

Carnage
Sun, 07-20-2008, 11:39 PM
Gayest. Ending. Ever.

Munsu
Sun, 07-20-2008, 11:54 PM
Gayest. Ending. Ever.
Meh, I didn't expect any different. I liked it myself because of the action, but that aside it was in the same vein as the rest of the episodes.

I don't know about you guys, but I doubt this is the last we've seen from this series. I'm fully expecting some sort of sequel movie or something... it has been quite a successful series to end it after just 61 episodes or so.

saman
Mon, 11-24-2008, 10:43 PM
this is a horribly delayed response, but it doesn't look like there's going to be a sequel. according to the dvd commentary on the finale, the creators of the show believe that a good show must have a beginning, a middle, and an end, and they don't want to keep going, because they feel that the story of aang and his friends is over. i've read rumours that they're thinking about making another series about the original avatar, though

seriously, i've rewatched this series twice since the finale, and i love it more and more every time