PDA

View Full Version : One Piece 189

Augury
Fri, 05-26-2006, 01:58 AM
BT: http://mitaymaxsh.mgmservers.net/.k-f/%5BK-F%5D_One_Piece_189_%5B08D839B0%5D.mp4.torrent

kenren
Fri, 05-26-2006, 05:14 AM
yay...a new episode just right after my exam..thanks!

DarthEnderX
Fri, 05-26-2006, 08:48 AM
That is some sad shit man. Make a brotha cry.

DDBen
Fri, 05-26-2006, 08:57 AM
Great episode. It seems odd to me that I really enjoyed the 3 part flashback more then most of the Arc itself it did a great job of connecting all the loose ends and really making the story have a lot more meaning.

I still find calling the Tree's gods a bit questionable in the previous episode and I find it odd they they managed to dispose of those giant infected tree's without anyone noticing until after the fact.

BioAlien
Fri, 05-26-2006, 11:06 AM
man.. that was sad, Norland being call a liar even when his own old crew said that it was not a lie...

Kraco
Fri, 05-26-2006, 11:42 AM
It was an interesting, and sad, flashback arc. The Norland history doesn't actually have any concrete meaning to the events occuring in Luffy's timeline, indeed, everything would make pretty much sense even if we had never learnt about Norland. However, it really makes a strong background story to the setting and many characters and the situation in general.

There was one thing that doesn't make much sense though: It was 100% obvious the king wanted to rob all the gold from Shandria, made even more evident by the fact he filled the ship with his soldiers. Yet Norland took that invasion force willingly to the island of his friend. Past actions had proven Norland wasn't gullible, so why did he agree to take the king there?

If he had refused to take the king to the island, they might have taken it as a sign the island didn't actually exist, but probably wouldn't have executed him for that.

BioAlien
Fri, 05-26-2006, 05:27 PM
well.. normally if you were to lie to a king, it would be normal to be executed or be put in a crappy dungeon..

but ya... Norland was stupid to accept the condition of the king so that he could go back there... it was indeed obvious the king just wanted the gold, still the way he died.. and that asshole fake crewmember guy...in Norland, i would have went Berserk, and kill everyone that would have said i was a liar, then steal a ship and take my old crew back (or not) then head to back to see my friend, but that just me...

Kraco
Fri, 05-26-2006, 06:21 PM
well.. normally if you were to lie to a king, it would be normal to be executed or be put in a crappy dungeon..

That's true, but it wasn't a completely normal situation: Norland already had a strong reputation of telling high stories, which nobody could judge to be true or not. That was told in the story. And he was famous. Even if he went straight to the king, it would have probably ended up being just one more of his stories, if he had refused to take the king there. After all, up till that point he was just a famous man of the sea and an explorer. The masses might not have taken well his execution. But after he took the king to the island and there was nothing to be found, the situation of course changed. He wasn't just a harmless story teller anymore, but a man who purposefully tricked the king.

BioAlien
Fri, 05-26-2006, 09:24 PM
ya but still.. it is not his fault if the island went sky high.. but that he don't know, i would have liked to see the face on Calgara face when he learned about Norland execution, even if that would have been sad..

Assertn
Fri, 05-26-2006, 11:47 PM
I'm kinda wondering about that huge vine that was there before the island landed. Is it linked to the blue sea? If so.....then does that mean there's a small island down there that's following the path of the cloud island?

BioAlien
Sat, 05-27-2006, 12:04 AM
maybe there was already a small piece of "vearth" up there, and that "vine" was on it

Kraco
Sat, 05-27-2006, 02:52 AM
That must be the only answer, because otherwise the most safe way up there would be to climb the huge vine. Although they did mention there was another way up there, but as the vine would clearly be the safest way, it wouldn't fit the description that using that way only a fraction of the expedition would survive (using the geothermal stream it was all or nothing).

Raven
Sat, 05-27-2006, 03:02 AM
A great sub-arc overall. Kind of adds more meaning to the present day, even if it's not directly related.

I'm still wondering how Nami's scooter thing can move up the beanstalk... doesn't it run on water?

DarthEnderX
Sat, 05-27-2006, 03:30 AM
A great sub-arc overall. Kind of adds more meaning to the present day, even if it's not directly related.

I'm still wondering how Nami's scooter thing can move up the beanstalk... doesn't it run on water?Well, It's pushed by air, so I'm guessing it can move alone anything. It's not like there's a propellar that has to be in the water, or a wheel that has to be on the ground. It's a jet engine.

darkmetal505
Wed, 05-31-2006, 12:47 PM
Good background story. I like how the island of Jaya just happend to fall onto the beanstalk, and it went right through the middle. The ancestors in the trees reminded me of the piggies third life in The Speaker for the Dead (if anyone has read it).

DarthEnderX
Thu, 06-01-2006, 04:00 AM
Oh I've read it. To bad it sucked.

docdan63
Thu, 07-13-2006, 04:44 PM
the link for 189 doesn't work for me, help?

Munsu
Thu, 07-13-2006, 05:01 PM
http://tracker.kaizoku-fansubs.com

docdan63
Fri, 07-14-2006, 01:52 PM
thanks, man i'm far behind on OP