PDA

View Full Version : New voice actors?

BakaDave
Mon, 05-22-2006, 09:29 PM
I am just putting this out there. Do you all, the community think the naruto series will overhaul the voices on the characters. If so, nominate who you would like to play the part of the current character. On a side note: it seems very hard to imagine another annoying voice yelling KAGE BUUNSHIN NO JUSTSU, or the beloved RASENGAN.

David Craft
Tue, 05-23-2006, 12:39 AM
I sencerly doubt it....

Kraco
Tue, 05-23-2006, 02:41 AM
Aye. I very much doubt it as well. I don't immediately remember any so immature voices that changing the seiyuu would be absolutely necessary. Especially since they aren't going to turn 50 years old, but only 3 years older, which means they still won't be adults.

Naruto himself (and maybe some other, I don't remember) is played by a woman, which is the standard for young boys, but like you said yourself, it would be a pretty bold move to recast him. I don't see it happening.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 05-23-2006, 04:00 AM
Well, they SHOULD for all the males that are currently voiced by women. 14 is generally past puberty.

But they won't.

mage
Tue, 05-23-2006, 08:41 AM
Maile Flanagan (Naruto's voice actor) has said that the three year jump will be no problem for her.

Naruto_Fan
Tue, 05-23-2006, 10:15 AM
i doubt that they would need to hire any new seiyu's for the naruto cast...

they're professionals...they know what they're doing.

BioAlien
Tue, 05-23-2006, 12:31 PM
why would they change the voice? it's not like if Naruto was 20 year old and needed a more manly voice...

mage
Tue, 05-23-2006, 05:13 PM
Voices usually change quite a bit from ages 12 to 15.

Kraco
Tue, 05-23-2006, 06:03 PM
But with the exception of Naruto, perhaps, the characters already have voices better suited for older characters. So, actually the situation is reverse: for the most part the voices become more fitting.

It remains to be seen how well the older Naruto / his voice match. Perhaps the actress can adjust her voice accordingly and perhaps Naruto won't behave so much more maturely that there would be a clash.

I think it might not be easy to find an actor who could convincely took over the part, and everybody would think it's a natural change.

XanBcoo
Tue, 05-23-2006, 06:34 PM
I'd be satisfied if Juunko Takeuchi played Naruto after the time jump, just with a gruffer or deeper sounding voice. 15 isn't that much older, but like others have said, it's after the time a young boy's voice breaks.

Kraco
Tue, 05-23-2006, 06:55 PM
I'd be satisfied if Juunko Takeuchi played Naruto after the time jump, just with a gruffer or deeper sounding voice.

Maybe the real reason for these long filler seasons has been to give Juunko Takeuchi time to undergo a diet of raw whiskey to get her a good rasp...

XanBcoo
Tue, 05-23-2006, 07:49 PM
Perhaps she's also started smoking in order to create that 90-a-day sound that Maille Flannigan brings to the role...