PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 307

Yorma
Thu, 05-18-2006, 10:51 AM
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=00C8F41118AB18B6

ues, it's a sword.

mage
Thu, 05-18-2006, 11:43 AM
Sword fight between Sai and Sasuke. Yay.

RyougaZell
Thu, 05-18-2006, 11:56 AM
Translation by Centimetre

-> hxxp://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=3995.0

Knives122
Thu, 05-18-2006, 12:08 PM
Well I guess it's time for everyone in the bunch to get owned by Sasuke b/c that's how predictable storylines go.

I like the sword though.

Terracosmo
Thu, 05-18-2006, 12:10 PM
Sai is gonna die lala, Sai is gonna die lala
Hey ho away we go because Sai is gonna die woohoo

budak getah
Thu, 05-18-2006, 12:24 PM
naruto 307 english...here is it (http://dl.myhurrray.com//comment.php?dlid=481&ENGINEsessID=d245a04df67393a5c7a57dabeb15551c)

Sidnne
Thu, 05-18-2006, 02:25 PM
For once I don't feel like this was all that bad a chapter.

What would make it great would be if Naruto actually followed Sasuke's movements when he put his arm around him, and then next chapter Sasuke moves to stab Naruto with the sword and Naruto uses the "yellow flash" technique to dodge it and Sasuke is unable to follow Naruto's movements, and even has trouble while using the Sharingan. That would spark new interest in the manga for me.

IFHTT
Thu, 05-18-2006, 02:28 PM
Well it was certainly better than the last chapter consisting of naruto running and then ending. Deep down I wish Sasuke would just ruin Naruto's shit and end the series with him going balistic and killing everyone... Including himself :D.

Souryusen
Thu, 05-18-2006, 03:06 PM
Sai is gonna die lala, Sai is gonna die lala
Hey ho away we go because Sai is gonna die woohoo

That would be wonderful. I would enjoy it if Kishimoto had Naruto's former comrade murder one of Naruto's "converts" in front of him like that. We need to see how far Sasuke's fallen.

darkmetal505
Thu, 05-18-2006, 03:56 PM
For once I don't feel like this was all that bad a chapter.

What would make it great would be if Naruto actually followed Sasuke's movements when he put his arm around him, and then next chapter Sasuke moves to stab Naruto with the sword and Naruto uses the "yellow flash" technique to dodge it and Sasuke is unable to follow Naruto's movements, and even has trouble while using the Sharingan. That would spark new interest in the manga for me.

I really hope Naruto is not able to do the "yellow flash" because that was strictly the Fourth's technique and was infamous for using it.

Sidnne
Thu, 05-18-2006, 04:01 PM
I really hope Naruto is not able to do the "yellow flash" because that was strictly the Fourth's technique and was infamous for using it.

So was Rasengan.

xDarkMaster
Thu, 05-18-2006, 04:08 PM
Well, while still predictable, at least there will be some action. Now, the only thing that is missing is to see how much Naruto and Sasuke have grown. I actually want to see next weeks for the first time in a long time.

Yukimura
Thu, 05-18-2006, 06:00 PM
That damned hilt still isn't straight, what's up wth Kish, iI know it's kinda hard to draw two separated parts exactly in line, but isn't he a 'master' or something. The one last chapter was so blatant I couldn't help notice it, at least I had to look harder for this one. Now I'm wondering if this kind of sloppiness is more common in this manga.

And what exactly is the Yellow Flash technique? I thought it was just the Fourth's ninja title, like Copy Ninja, or Demon of the Hidden Mist. Anyway, Yamato is probobly better than Sasuke so I don't think anything too bad will happen unless he becomes indisposed by something or someone. However Sasuke's already pretty close in so Naruto is probobly on his own next chapter.

darkmetal505
Thu, 05-18-2006, 06:14 PM
So was Rasengan.

yes, but the Fourth was dubbed "The Yellow Flash of Konoha" because of his technique. We can't have Naruto doing that.

mage
Thu, 05-18-2006, 06:53 PM
That damned hilt still isn't straight, what's up wth Kish, iI know it's kinda hard to draw two separated parts exactly in line, but isn't he a 'master' or something. The one last chapter was so blatant I couldn't help notice it, at least I had to look harder for this one. Now I'm wondering if this kind of sloppiness is more common in this manga.

And what exactly is the Yellow Flash technique? I thought it was just the Fourth's ninja title, like Copy Ninja, or Demon of the Hidden Mist. Anyway, Yamato is probobly better than Sasuke so I don't think anything too bad will happen unless he becomes indisposed by something or someone. However Sasuke's already pretty close in so Naruto is probobly on his own next chapter.
he was called yellow flash due to the technique, which is basically the same thing as shunpo in bleach, superfast movement.

Assertn
Thu, 05-18-2006, 07:54 PM

Uhh...what's wrong with it being curved?

xDarkMaster
Thu, 05-18-2006, 08:14 PM
Seriously, maybe the sword is curved? Even if it's not, it's still no reason to make such a fuss over.

Sidnne
Thu, 05-18-2006, 09:17 PM
yes, but the Fourth was dubbed "The Yellow Flash of Konoha" because of his technique. We can't have Naruto doing that.

Well why not? If Naruto really is the son of the 4th, it would only be fitting. Shika learned his father's techniques; Same with Shino, Neji and Hinata, Ino, Chouji, even Sasuke learned the fireball jutsu from his father.

The Fourth was dead when the series began and the only time we've ever seen him do anything or heard him refered to as "The Yellow Flash of Konoha" was in a filler side story, so its not like its something sacred that shouldn't be repeated. If anything, you could consider that cameo to be a bit of foreshadowing of what we might see from Naruto later on.

Psyke
Fri, 05-19-2006, 12:01 AM
The Fourth was dead when the series began and the only time we've ever seen him do anything or heard him refered to as "The Yellow Flash of Konoha" was in a filler side story, so its not like its something sacred that shouldn't be repeated. If anything, you could consider that cameo to be a bit of foreshadowing of what we might see from Naruto later on.

Just a small correction: The side story featuring the 4th was a Gaiden, and not a filler. It is every bit as official as the manga/author is concerned. I agree that Naruto might be able to do what the 4th accomplished later on, but definately not now.

As for Naruto, I doubt his ability is on par with Sasuke, though I would like to see Naruto being able to keep up with Sasuke's speed. If Naruto is going to get owned, it basically makes his 2 and half years of training redundant.

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 05-19-2006, 12:58 AM
For the love of god this is driving my crazy, the amount of content were receiving each week is ridiculously low. I swear if you were to adapt each of the last four chapters individually they would probably clock up about 45 seconds of animated content. I swear how the hell is kishi getting away with this? Is he just drawing really large pannels so he dosen't have to fill up space with imporant dialogue. Think about it, last week we saw Sasuke appear, this week we saw him draw his sword. Maybe next week he'll try to slash naruto then the week after naruto will manage to dodge. Grrr damn you to hell kishi, if getting my weakly dose of naruto manga hasn't become such a ritualized habit for myself I would just drop things here, but dammit I can't, got to see how everything ends out. Here's hoping that kishi drops the bullshit and goes back to 19 pages.

LaZie
Fri, 05-19-2006, 01:44 AM
Yeah, I definitely agree with LobsterMagnet. Each Naruto ch gives us so little compared to other weekly mangas like Suzuka and Bleach. The characters in Naruto move a few steps then bam, end of the ch.

Yukimura
Fri, 05-19-2006, 02:42 AM
Seriously, maybe the sword is curved? Even if it's not, it's still no reason to make such a fuss over.

This isn't about the curve, its just that the sword is stuck into sasuke's tie thing, and as drawn the top part doesn't match up with the bottom part, now if the sword was like the one from Blood+ with a sharp 90 degree angle in it everything would be peachy, but it's not, its a regualr old katana, so the two parts of the sword should line up. I know it's minutiae, but it's just more fuel to the quality reduction fire thats already burning. That's what I'm getting pissy about. Besides, what else is there to talk about in these little snapshot chapters?

Assertn
Fri, 05-19-2006, 04:18 AM
This isn't about the curve, its just that the sword is stuck into sasuke's tie thing, and as drawn the top part doesn't match up with the bottom part, now if the sword was like the one from Blood+ with a sharp 90 degree angle in it everything would be peachy, but it's not, its a regualr old katana, so the two parts of the sword should line up. I know it's minutiae, but it's just more fuel to the quality reduction fire thats already burning. That's what I'm getting pissy about. Besides, what else is there to talk about in these little snapshot chapters?

So you're talking about the sheath, not the hilt. I'm sorry but what you're experiencing is an optical illusion, not a reduction fire of quality. Your eyes just think it's wrong.

anphorus
Fri, 05-19-2006, 07:51 AM
I've just given the image in 306 a critical eye examination myself and it is really off (although I never really noticed it before it was brought up). Long post ahead.
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/4355/1510wz.jpg
(The lines seem to be diverging as the sheath is not a perfect rectangle but a curved one, the lines would re-converge).
It doesn't seem to be curved as we can see quite a lot of the sheath at the bottom and it doesn’t even begin to curve, like it would. Curved swords, like katanas, are curved in a kind of "c" shape with both ends of the sword pointing away from the blade. If this sheath is curved it would be curved in an "s" shape, with a change of direction in the middle as both ends are pointing in the same direction i.e. one away from the blade and one pointing towards the blade.

Being an amateur artist myself I can tell you right now that drawing two interconnecting parts of something that appear separate isn't hard at all, its quite easy if you do it right. Any professional artist doesn't draw in ink straight off the bat, they draw in pencil and then go over it in ink. So all Kishimoto would have to do would be to draw the full object but then not ink the parts that are behind Sasuke. This is the preferred method just to avoid the kind of problem we seem to have spotted here.

mage
Fri, 05-19-2006, 08:11 AM
i bet sasuke smells good

Souryusen
Fri, 05-19-2006, 08:17 AM
i bet sasuke smells good

"Eau de Oro: Made from 100% fresh squeezed snake-nin."

Knives122
Fri, 05-19-2006, 08:39 AM
Well no time like the present, and Sasuke is putting the moves on Sakura:

http://fs6.deviantart.com/i/2005/073/3/e/Sasuke___Giftwrapped_by_duneboo.jpg

xDarkMaster
Fri, 05-19-2006, 06:07 PM
MQ by Jinchuuriki (http://www.jinchuuriki.com/storage/manga/naruto/Naruto%20307%20%5BJinchuuriki%5D.zip\)

chet_chetty
Fri, 05-19-2006, 06:55 PM
Oh that Sasuke lying that he didnt kill (saved) Naruto on a whim and that he was going to get power his own way. And now he's going to kill him on a whim. I'm actually not even sure about that. I foresee him actually going for the killing blow only for 1 of the other 3 to block the attack. This whole getting power his own way has come into question.

ChaosK
Sat, 05-20-2006, 09:51 AM
Well no time like the present, and Sasuke is putting the moves on Sakura:
*insert picture here*

Rofl, that was hilarious.

Konohamaru
Sun, 05-21-2006, 02:03 PM
hmm I smell a lovely twist in the plot. Perhaps Sasuke let Naruto live so he can become "best friends" with Orochimaru then kill him to get the M-Sharingan!

haha, just a hunch that kicking the back of my mind when reading the last few posts here. It'll be interesting though.

Jadugar
Mon, 05-22-2006, 07:48 PM
Finally we get to see Sasuke. I like the new look. He reminds me of Kimimaru. He actually looks good in that shirt with no buttons and sound ninja outfit.

Why does he need an actual sword? Is it just to make him look cool or Kishi has come up with some new jutsus involving swords. Come to think of it I don’t remember anybody (shinobi) in “Naruto” using a sword.

I am really excited about the incoming chapters. I hope it’s not a brief visit from Sasuke. He and Naruto have to catch up to a lot of things. Sasuke’s thinking hasn’t changed in the past two and a half years. He didn’t even look at Saukra. He went straight to Naruto. I am surprised that Sakura hasn’t started yelling Sasuke’s name over and over.

Sasuke wasn’t happy when someone woke him up so there is hell to pay. You better run Sai, that fake smile is not going to save you.

Is a full fledged fight between Sasuke and Naruto too soon? I guess we will see how strong Sasuke has become in the past years.

mage
Mon, 05-22-2006, 08:08 PM
Come to think of it I don’t remember anybody (shinobi) in “Naruto” using a sword.

Hayate used a sword jutsu on Baki
Orochimaru has used his sword on a few occasions
Kakashi made use of his sword in Kakashi gaiden
Zabuza used a sword
Kisame has a sword
Sai has a sword

There are quite a few swords.

Assertn
Mon, 05-22-2006, 08:14 PM
Hayate used a sword jutsu on Baki
Orochimaru has used his sword on a few occasions
Kakashi made use of his sword in Kakashi gaiden
Zabuza used a sword
Kisame has a sword
Sai has a sword

sasori stabbed sakura with a sword.

I always thought of Sai's weapon as something blunt, like a baton or a tonfa type thing.
I'd have to look back at it.

Jadugar
Mon, 05-22-2006, 08:38 PM
Damm. All those people have used swords. I need to do something about my memory.

Hayate ? Who? :p
Kakashi has a sword or was that a knife?
Sai lacks sword.

Zaubuza, Kisame and Orochimaru have swords that are somehow mythical. I was thinking along the lines of traditional samurai swords just like the one Sasuke has now. Maybe his sword does have special powers. We will find out soon enough.

EDIT @ BELOW :

That was a joke (http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=42879&dict=CALD).

mage
Mon, 05-22-2006, 09:30 PM
Sai has a sword.

Kensee
Mon, 05-22-2006, 11:46 PM
EDIT @ BELOW :

That was a joke (http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=42879&dict=CALD).

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c14/Kensee/1146551874393.jpg

I do hope a fight begins, a big one, and that it doesnt take 1 chapter per 1 attack.
But in reallity ... I was kinda hoping the series would start getting to its exciting climax (yeah it's not happening). THat somehow this fight escaladed, akasaki members hop in, good times roll and war begins.

Characters die off, naruto goes ballistic ... etc. But for now, a good hard nartuo vs sauske fight would be appealing to the old nartuo fix that we get.

uga_naruto
Tue, 05-23-2006, 01:21 PM
Just for kicks and giggles. I think it's possible that naruto actually saw the movement. I didn't look like he was too surprised and we know how Naruto is with faking stuff. All-in-all, $!@# about to hit the fan.

On another note, I've been looking at these boards since about the 25th episode...just never posted. Now I am.

Naruto_Fan
Tue, 05-23-2006, 05:16 PM
heh..that's cool.

i barely come here and i rarely even post, yet i still have posted quite a bit...

nd anyway, i like how amazingly quickly the storyline is getting good (again).

nd i think naruto did see sasuke's movements. i mean seriously, he's been trained by a sannin for 2.5 years, has the kyubi's chakra, managed to be able to use a super high level jutsu when he was a genin (i.e. rasengan), learned how to summon bunta as a genin (when summoning is something out of genin's level), nd seems like he's better able to control his chakra (as well as the kyubi)...

though i keep wondering if sasuke learned the mangekyo sharingan (the kakashi version), learned how to summon snakes or manda, learned a stronger version of chidori (maybe raikiri??), and can use like a curse seal level 3 or something...

Honoko
Tue, 05-23-2006, 06:35 PM
learned a stronger version of chidori (maybe raikiri??),
This whole time I was under the impression that chidori and raikiri are the same exact technique.

But yes, I agree with many above. It's been a while since I was excited for the next chapter ^^

Yukimura
Wed, 05-24-2006, 02:41 AM
The only one who's show any teqniques similar to the Sanin who trained them is Sakura. She's become a mini-Tsunade. If Naruto had learned to summon properly and that hair jutsu I might count the time jump as being somewhat succesful. But most likely he spent the time running around like an idiot interspersed with Kyubi training.

Now that Yamato has decided to keep Kyubi supressed the only skills we know Naruto has are clones and Rasengan. Sasuke whipping out Oro tactics would be awesome, since it would leave a glimmer of hope that Naruto might have a Jiraya move up his sleeve

mage
Wed, 05-24-2006, 10:55 AM
Raikiri and Chidori are the same thing. It was explained why Kakashi calls it Lightning Edge (raikiri) when Sasuke first did the move vs Gaara.

Konohamaru
Wed, 05-24-2006, 11:45 AM
yea both raikiri and chidori are the same thing. Raikiri meaning "lightning edge" was used because it was said Kakashi once cut through lightning bolt with it. Chidori meaning "1000 birds" (I think) was used cos the sound it makes whilst in motion is that of 1000 birds chirping and was a good decoy sound for an assasination.

Assertn
Wed, 05-24-2006, 12:04 PM
Now that Yamato has decided to keep Kyubi supressed the only skills we know Naruto has are clones and Rasengan. Sasuke whipping out Oro tactics would be awesome, since it would leave a glimmer of hope that Naruto might have a Jiraya move up his sleeve
Why must you be repeatedly wrong? It's embarrasing.
This guy knows what I'm talking about. (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showpost.php?p=296001&postcount=27)

bxgreatone87
Wed, 05-24-2006, 01:47 PM
Seriously, i really doubt jiraya hasn't teached anything to naruto besides controling the nine tail's chacra especially since he tought him summoning jutsu and rasengan so quickly. If anything naruto learned a few moves that the 4th had since it seems jiraya taught him moves he once had (hopefully). You have to remember when ever naruto's back is in the corner he comes up with something new so we will probably see some new moves from him soon.

Yukimura
Wed, 05-24-2006, 06:52 PM
How am I wrong? My point is that we can assume Naruto won't be using his Kyubi powers in the near future, unless Yamato's whole speech was just meaningless padding and he's not going to do anything.

Assertn
Wed, 05-24-2006, 07:46 PM
How am I wrong? My point is that we can assume Naruto won't be using his Kyubi powers in the near future, unless Yamato's whole speech was just meaningless padding and he's not going to do anything.

Or Naruto takes off his necklace.

RyougaZell
Thu, 05-25-2006, 08:35 AM
Jiraiya teaching Naruto to control the kyuubi's chakra? I don't think he's capable... after all... didn't a 4-tail Naruto almost kill him?