PDA

View Full Version : One Piece 187

Aeon
Sun, 05-14-2006, 05:45 PM
BT Link

http://mitaymaxsh.mgmservers.net/.k-f/[K-F]_One_Piece_187_[88D727DE].mp4.torrent

I hope it gets done before the Fox power lineup.

*Edit*Sheesh the torrent is moving fast, its ranging from 180-240kbs.

GLS
Sun, 05-14-2006, 06:19 PM
The Links:

[19:17] <&dythim> _______-==One Piece 187 Release==-_______
[19:17] <&dythim> Your Distro Crew : Phantasm oM bdr222 deadwall Vash-123 comppi Piotten Mystic-Homer Thijssss dantagueul Suzuran ZGMF-X23S Chokehold| KaiserDragon OliT KnightAR bobfish13 mangamandk dimeat MitayMaxsh
[19:17] <&dythim> Triggers : /msg K-F|Krokodeil xdcc send #1 /msg K-F|Conis xdcc send #1 /msg K-F|Pouet xdcc send #187 /msg K-F|Coby xdcc send #9 /msg K-F|Grandline xdcc send #2 /msg K-F|Smoker xdcc send #187 /msg K-F|Chopper xdcc send #1 /msg K-F|Lapahn xdcc send #187
[19:17] <&dythim> HTTP : http://mitaymaxsh.mgmservers.net/.k-f http://www.hi.is/~jonmag/187/
[19:17] <&dythim> Torrents : http://mitaymaxsh.mgmservers.net/.k-f/[K-F]_One_Piece_187_[88D727DE].mp4.torrent

Harima Kenji
Sun, 05-14-2006, 06:54 PM
I'm really surprised that there is an anime out there that's even more sadistic in flashback-timing than Naruto. That's about all I can say about it right now. I'm just shocked..
I was really looking forward to some Luffy vs Enel :(

SamuraiOdin
Sun, 05-14-2006, 08:05 PM
Downloading now, the flashback sounds interesting, at least from what I read on KF's homepage. If you aren't a fan of flashbacks though, KF gives fair warning on their front page that the next 3 episodes are all flashback episodes, so here's hoping that they're good.

darkmetal505
Sun, 05-14-2006, 08:11 PM
The flashbacks deal with the village of Shandia and the warrior Calagara with is best buddy.

Carnage
Sun, 05-14-2006, 08:54 PM
How can you not love OP flashbacks? They're always interesting! Its like hating watching Zoro's, Nami's, and Chopper's past! Its what makes the story! Trust me, its a good story. And wow, K-F sure are speedy these days.

xDarkMaster
Sun, 05-14-2006, 08:55 PM
Dang, K-F has really been pumpin them out recently!

Aeon
Sun, 05-14-2006, 09:02 PM
The flashback was somewhat interesting, just didn't have the great One Piece humor I've grown to love.

LaZie
Sun, 05-14-2006, 10:32 PM
Did anybody else notice that the voice of Montblanc is Jiraiya from Naruto? Or atleast sounds like it :p

Deblas
Sun, 05-14-2006, 10:41 PM
Even though it's taking a break from what's happening now. I'm really liking this flashback. And if K-F keeps going at this pace, then it will be done in no time.

The wings struck me weird though. Why do they have them? I thought only the people from skypiea did. I would have thought that the descendants aquired them from adapting to the white sea when the land was brought to the sky.

Assertn
Mon, 05-15-2006, 02:03 AM
Did anybody else notice that the voice of Montblanc is Jiraiya from Naruto? Or atleast sounds like it :p

Yeah, and the voice of Calgara the same as the sandaime's voice.

BioAlien
Mon, 05-15-2006, 02:21 AM

ohh... that why his voice sounded familiar..

this episode was fine at least we can hear the true story of MontBlanc Norland, he was not a liar! lol

Kraco
Mon, 05-15-2006, 05:05 AM
It was indeed fairly interesting. I have no complaints. And explains surely and for good the high number of episodes still needed for this arc.

What comes to the wings it's natural to assume the people of Shandia and Skypiea have common ancestors. No other way to really explain it. According to Norland the Shandians have abandoned progress and only regress. Maybe they aren't used to living on the ground, and have not been able to maintain their ancestral developed civilization. The Skypieans we see in the modern times (Luffy and Enel's timeline) seem far more developed than the Shandians.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 05-15-2006, 06:44 AM
My two comments were pretty much covered already. Being, "Hey, isn't that Jiraiya?" and "why do the Shandians have wings?!"

Harima Kenji
Mon, 05-15-2006, 11:21 AM
How can you not love OP flashbacks? They're always interesting! Its like hating watching Zoro's, Nami's, and Chopper's past! Its what makes the story! Trust me, its a good story. And wow, K-F sure are speedy these days.

I love those character flashbacks, but flashbacks right before a final fight are just bad timing IMO. Sure, the flashback itself is interesting and nice to watch, but I think it would be nicer to show them earlier or maybe even later.
The fact that Norland spoke the truth is a nice thing to see.

Assertn
Mon, 05-15-2006, 11:29 AM
Yeah....i was meaning to point out the wings myself.
Also, wtf at norland killing the giant snake with a single blow when zoro couldn't even scratch the one in upper yard?

Kraco
Mon, 05-15-2006, 11:40 AM
I think those were giant snakes of quite different caliber. The one Norland killed was probably just a monster from the Grand Line ocean. One of those monsters the Straw Hats have been eating every now and then. But the humongous snake guarding Upper Yard looked like some special, ancient thing.

dragonrage
Mon, 05-15-2006, 12:00 PM
I like the flash back episode, and it is perfect timing from a animator's point of view. It builds tension and it is a reminder of what led up to that situation. Whether it is properly done is whats makes or breaks the episode. In this case it was extremely well done. Also the snake the norland killed was on the ground and not in the sky, if that makes any sense, remember blue sea dwellers have a hard time dealing with white sea dwellers porblems. Also i agree that this animal was special, it is 400 years old and i also think it was bigger and stronger.

DDBen
Mon, 05-15-2006, 12:57 PM
The wings will continue to bother me as I see absolutlely no reason for them. It only makes you wonder 2 things really. The first being did the people of Skypedia orignally have wings and if so then are the Shandians people from the sky who just decided to move to earth for some reason.

As for the snake I'm guessing its a species it looked the same but it seemed significantly smaller and it didn't seem to have the venom of the one in Skypedia. I imagine the other one is a mutant version from 400 years of being on sky island or the parent of the little one that Norland killed.

Overall I liked this episode and don't really mind the timing. Considering the episode count something like this had to happen and we can only assume that by the end something relevant will be revealed by it and honestly it was one of the better episodes in the arc.

Kraco
Mon, 05-15-2006, 01:55 PM
The wings will continue to bother me as I see absolutlely no reason for them. It only makes you wonder 2 things really. The first being did the people of Skypedia orignally have wings and if so then are the Shandians people from the sky who just decided to move to earth for some reason.

That would be an intriguing piece of information, and actually the only thing I really hope to learn from this flashback subarc. In the present timeline we have seen Shandians are really desperate and aggressive in their efforts to get their island back in Skypiea. It was said that earth (or whatever they called it, dirt) is very valuable, as was demonstrated by the little girl collecting it in her bag, risking her life in the process.

I'm wondering if the Shandians actually aren't people from Skypiea who in times long past traveled down to seek riches: earth, that is. So, they would be the greedy part of the Skypiean people. And thus they found Shandia, probably the first place they came across. But maybe they weren't suited to live down there, and deteriorated as a culture like Norland observed.

Assertn
Mon, 05-15-2006, 02:30 PM
Chances are, none of this will be addressed by oda...and will simply be passed over as an inconsistency.

6Zabuza9
Mon, 05-15-2006, 05:18 PM
just watched it and felt sorry for Norland at the end. damn calgara

Harima Kenji
Mon, 05-15-2006, 05:52 PM
just watched it and felt sorry for Norland at the end. damn calgara
Most likely Norland is just in that shape because he's holding the tree that he was looking for..cuz we don't see one of his arms. Then again, he IS kinda stuck :D

I'm a bit confused now about Skypiea; was upper yard 'shot' in the air and 'fused' with Skypiea? If so, then the Shandians could symbolize 'fallen angels' or something like that.

DDBen
Mon, 05-15-2006, 08:10 PM
@Kraco

That would also explain why they would be more suceptable to the random plague they all had. However it doesn't explain the reliance on gold the villiage had as they obviously are suppose to have a substantial amount of it. Then again in this entire episode I didn't see any gold to show this fact.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 05-15-2006, 09:25 PM
I'm a bit confused now about Skypiea; was upper yard 'shot' in the air and 'fused' with Skypiea? If so, then the Shandians could symbolize 'fallen angels' or something like that.From what they said so far, Upper Yard is a large chunk of Jaya that was shot into the sky. I don't think "fused" with skypia is the right word. Skypia is made of cloud. Upper Yard is made of Earth. It's just stuck up there. Wedged into the cloud.

I actually wonder if in the end Upper Yard doesn't end up falling back to the Blue Sea because of Enel.

Actually, with everyone fleeing Skypia, maybe Enel actually will destroy it, and everyone will end up living on Upper Yard back in the Blue Sea.

6Zabuza9
Tue, 05-16-2006, 03:16 AM
dman, i just read that the flashback will last till the next 3 episodes :(, i want to see enel get beat up first

ChaosK
Tue, 05-16-2006, 09:51 PM
dman, i just read that the flashback will last till the next 3 episodes :(, i want to see enel get beat up first

Pssh, its always flashback before fight.

Raven
Thu, 05-18-2006, 09:25 PM
Once we know more about the history of the land they're fighting for, the fight will have more meaning. The gold will probably be brought into it somewhere.

I'm loving this flashback. I immediately liked Norland and his crew... is that an iced-donut on his head?

At the end of the sub-arc we'll probably have a much deeper appreciation for the Shandians, etc and it will be a lot more meaningful when Enel gets his ass handed to him.