PDA

View Full Version : Happy Mother's Day

Xollence
Sat, 05-13-2006, 11:44 PM
Happy Mother's Day to all you ladies of GW!

mage
Sat, 05-13-2006, 11:46 PM
I never get my mother anything on Mother's Day. My existence alone should be enough.

BioAlien
Sat, 05-13-2006, 11:54 PM
I never get my mother anything on Mother's Day. My existence alone should be enough.

normally i would say "You cheap bastard" but i never get anything for my mom too... except when in school they force us to make present for our mother...

anyway... Happy Mother's Day

Lucifus
Sat, 05-13-2006, 11:58 PM
Happy mothersday mom!:)

That should be enough. Wow we're an ungreatful bunch of.....:rolleyes:

mage
Sun, 05-14-2006, 12:00 AM
normally i would say "You cheap bastard" but i never get anything for my moms too... except when in school they force us to make present for our mother...

anyway... Happy Mother's Day
you have more than one mom? gross.

XanBcoo
Sun, 05-14-2006, 12:09 AM
I'm going to eat dinner with my Mom and brother tomorrow. Might get her a present too. Depends on how much money me and my bro have between us...

The Heretic Azazel
Sun, 05-14-2006, 12:16 AM
Fuck Mother's Day. What a waste of time

Darknodin
Sun, 05-14-2006, 12:17 AM

haven't you ever stopped to ponder whether or not YOU are the weird one, having only one mother?

mage
Sun, 05-14-2006, 12:33 AM
Nope. Having only one mother is definitely not weird. Have you ever stopped to ponder whether or not you're an idiot?

dragonrage
Sun, 05-14-2006, 01:25 AM
Happy Mother's Day to all Moms, present, past and future. Without you, non of us would be here.

BioAlien
Sun, 05-14-2006, 01:38 AM

no i don't... you said that because i put an "s" to mom? i just misspelled a word...it's not the end of the world is it?

but that can be possible, if your mom and dad are divorsed and your father mary another women then you will have 2 moms, Your mom and a step mother.

mage
Sun, 05-14-2006, 03:26 AM
It was a joke. I was referring to the fact that if you had two moms it's very possible that they would be lesbians. You people are braindead.

Kraco
Sun, 05-14-2006, 03:40 AM
My mom has her birthday so close to the mother's day that I usually nowadays just get or make her something on her birthday, and then just make a phonecall on mother's day.

And aye, if there are some fortunate mothers here, happy mother's day! Without you, no new generation of gotwooters would be born, and we would die out eventually.

el_boss
Sun, 05-14-2006, 04:23 AM
Isn't mother's day just an invented occasion to sell more flowers? I've never understood why people need scheduled days to show their loved ones affection. I guess I should just play along though.

Happy mother's day y'all!

kenren
Sun, 05-14-2006, 05:02 AM
Happy mother's day to all mothers out there... cheers~!

Raven
Sun, 05-14-2006, 05:33 AM
My mother's b'day is in a week or so, I'll be buying her a proper present then. My father's the same, a few days after Father's Day his birthday comes around. Lucky me, I only have to buy once for each of them per year! Oh, and Xmas.

Mass Zero
Sun, 05-14-2006, 06:48 AM
I wonder if there's any mothers roaming these forums, and I won't say it untill I know, or else it'll look retarded. :P I totally forgot Mother's Day was today, no wonder that woman was cranky all morning, damn. >.>;

Deadfire
Sun, 05-14-2006, 09:48 AM
I already said my thoughts on mothers day (Which you can find here (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?p=295817#post295817))

Hopefully if there are any mother's here they shouldn't be looking at this website today, As well if you haven't already phone her!

Genma
Sun, 05-14-2006, 10:22 AM
I hate holidays in general, since for some reason my mom goes ballistic almost every day before. Last night was a perfect example of this: my mom broke my dad's finger and he slapped her a few times.

The ironic thing is that my dad and I both headed out and spent a good deal of money on presents for her. So far she's disregarded my $20 gift because I used old birthday money (my b-day is in Sept.) to buy it, which was probably from her.

I guess that nulls the importance of the gift, yeah?

Anyway... I think my parents are getting a divorce now. They probably should've done it a while ago but I seriously don't know who I'd rather stay with in my remaining four months as a minor.

Moral of the story: mother's day sucks if you have shitty parents.

gr3atfull
Sun, 05-14-2006, 01:43 PM
Well, I got my mom a book called The Kite runner. Heard it was good, so I got it for her. I also was planning to bring her breakfast in bed with my brother. But we oversleeped.:( There is always next year.

masamuneehs
Sun, 05-14-2006, 02:04 PM
i hate all these holidays that have really just become another marketing day where we're supposed to go out and spend our money on shit people don't really need. Mothers do deserve a special day, i'll admit that, but I absolutely can't stand the stupid pressure put on other people to buy stuff, go out to restaurants and buy cards...

and Genma, wow I used to think my family had its flaws. Hang in there kid. It ain't so much about how much you spend or even what you get, alot is in how you give it and if it fits the person. I guess that's just another way of saying 'it's the thought that counts'.

ChaosK
Sun, 05-14-2006, 02:10 PM
i hate all these holidays that have really just become another marketing day where we're supposed to go out and spend our money on shit people don't really need. Mothers do deserve a special day, i'll admit that, but I absolutely can't stand the stupid pressure put on other people to buy stuff, go out to restaurants and buy cards...

I agree with Masa (holy shit!) but all these holidays have become are mostly about buying shit for you Mom, not to say thats not a great present but it's supposed to be about love. For those of you who don't get your mom anything, if you think thats enough of a gift to her its your own opinion. I came back from school to make dinner for my mom :D. I usually did buy her something like candy and flowers etc. but this year I thought I'd do something that actually takes effort, so all, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Deblas
Sun, 05-14-2006, 02:55 PM
Are there any mothers in GW? Ohh well, Happy Mothers day all the same.

This year I gave my mom a kiss, a hug and we went out together for some breakfast. And yes, it was special.

gr3atfull
Sun, 05-14-2006, 04:12 PM

Agree with you, specially for Christmas.
But who doesnt like a gift?;)

Genma
Sun, 05-14-2006, 04:27 PM
and Genma, wow I used to think my family had its flaws. Hang in there kid. It ain't so much about how much you spend or even what you get, alot is in how you give it and if it fits the person. I guess that's just another way of saying 'it's the thought that counts'.

I wish my mom had that same philosophy. She loves to read books with a passion, so I bought her a $20 gift card to Border's. But since it was originally her money, she felt like I was just giving her gift back.

Regardless, I won't post anymore about my family problems. Gotta get ready to go to my Uncle's and pretend everything's okay.

Anyway... happy mother's day to anyone who is a mother or loves their mother. :o

samsonlonghair
Mon, 05-15-2006, 12:32 AM
Just wrapped up another mothers day. My mom showed no appreciation for the very thoughtful, very expensive gift I gave her for her birthday (just a few days ago), so today I just made her a delicious dinner. She went back for seconds, so I guess that's a complement. Sometimes that woman frustrates me.

I wish I could do more for my Grandmother. She lives so far away that I can't see her, so a phone call had to suffice. She appreciated it though.

Sadly, my fiance lost her chance to become a mother today. She had a miscarriage while at work. I brought her home right away. Then there was "mother" stuff all day which made her feel worse.

Honoko
Mon, 05-15-2006, 08:21 AM
^ :( That's just too sad... and the timing is the worst. So sorry to hear that, Sam...

Psyke
Mon, 05-15-2006, 09:44 AM
I'm sorry to hear that too Samsonlonghair...... hope your fiance's alright and may her get well soon.

dragonrage
Mon, 05-15-2006, 12:19 PM
Damn i gave my Mom nothing, I normally buy her jewelry, but this year i planned to spend the whole day with her, take her shopping, see some sites, maybe catch a movie, but the wether was bad, so i decided that today i was going to do it instead, but it rained cats and dogs. I guess i will once again pick her up some jewelry. I should really start watching the wether channel.

Xollence
Mon, 05-15-2006, 12:28 PM
My mother's day sucked. Worked all day long and didn't even get to have dinner with my mom.

oh btw to you know who, I wasn't trying to "humour" you.