PDA

View Full Version : Europeans vote Lordi

isso
Sat, 05-13-2006, 06:29 AM
VOTE LORDI!:D

Anyone with more intellectual capacity than cole slaw sees the Eurovision Song Contest for what it is: a bad joke, where utterly unimpressive, unintentionally humorous and genuinely awfully bad performances alternate with unfunny in-betweeners by a pair of photogenic but airheaded hosts, nostalgic bits of past song contests and unremarkable intermission shows, all in a candy-coloured, holdyourhandstogether-fa-la-la-ecstatic display of European pseudo-unity. The term "eurotrash" is redefined yearly in this orgy of tragicomedy.

There's a place for trash entertainment, sure. What's mostly worrying is the number of people who actually take the contest seriously, even turn it into a question of national self-esteem without understanding its true nature at all, bright-eyed with no sense of camp humour. These imbeciles mostly hold power over the selection of the representatives for the contests - which admittedly provides the rest of us with our hilarious annual portion of gourmet badness.

However, every now and then a country wakes from this banal hibernation and elects a contest representative with Attitude, showmanship and some healthy F U towards disapproving contest conservatives. This year, that country is Finland.

Not only is Lordi a genuinely decent hard rock act in the footsteps of Kiss, its concept - a visual, tongue-in-cheek monster show - is delightfully insolent. The band is as atypical a contestant as there's ever been, and most certainly the most outrageous performer in the history of the Eurovision Song Contest. Its selection into the contest is nothing short of poetic justice, a sharp-nailed middle finger presented to the shocked, sheepish masses. The infamy it has raised in the European media, as well as the laughable satanism outrage from boneheaded religious folks merely improve the laughs for those of us who Get It.

This page and you, dear reader, have a mission: to spread across Europe our message, "VOTE LORDI!" Let's test how big an influence a (hopefully) massive Internet campaign can have. E-mail, blog, phone, SMS, IRC and IM this message to all your friends, the friends of your friends, to casual acquaintances and net buddies and generally to everyone who's capable of voting in the Eurovision Song Contest semifinal on the 18th of May and in the final on the 20th of May.

Let's make Eurovision history. Exercise your right to vote!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

http://www.votelordi.org/

Kraco
Sat, 05-13-2006, 06:45 AM
Heh. I have to say I was somewhat surprised when they selected Lordi to represent Finland. However, it was an excellent choice, for the reasons you already stated. I have no idea how good it will fare Europewide, but considering how we have never been even close to the top places in Eurovision, it doesn't really matter. But no matter what, it will surely be funny. Even if they have to limit the pyrotechnics...

PSJ
Sat, 05-13-2006, 07:31 AM
I'd love to see Lordi in the finals, since The Poodles didn't make it in Sweden at least one rock act should be there. The problem is that the rest of Europe doesn't get the greatness of rock music and will vote for some obscure east european dance type of song, but hey norway took 5th place last year with a glam rock song so maybe Lordi can make it to.

isso
Sat, 05-13-2006, 07:39 AM
Thats why we need to unite!:D

Terracosmo
Sun, 05-14-2006, 02:55 AM
Fuck yeah! Lordi is awesome. They should win over and over :D

el_boss
Sun, 05-14-2006, 04:10 AM
I would vote for them, but I'm not going to taint my soul by watching the eurovision song contest.

PSJ
Thu, 05-18-2006, 04:54 PM
Just had the Eurovision song contest on while sitting here and Lordi made it to the finals unfortunaly the swedish bitch Carola did to.

Kraco
Thu, 05-18-2006, 05:05 PM
Yeah. I noticed that, as well. I didn't watch the contest, but I recorded it so that I can fast forward to Lordi's performance and have a look at the pyrotechnics.

Good times.

Terracosmo
Thu, 05-18-2006, 05:12 PM
The fact that Lordi will be in the finals proves that there is HOPE. So awesome. :)

Lol imagine if they win XD

PSJ
Thu, 05-18-2006, 05:13 PM
I'm gonna see the final with a girl i know, the fun starts after the Eurovision finals though.

Nai
Fri, 05-19-2006, 12:50 AM
The fact that Lordi will be in the finals proves that there is HOPE. So awesome. :)

Lol imagine if they win XD
Hopefully they will. They put on a really good show and was the only reason I even watched it. Eurovision is in dire need of some freshness. I only wish Sweden didn't insist on sending that fucking bitch over and over. She reminds me of Lacus for some reason. Perhaps it's the unhealthy amount of falseness oozing from her putrid flesh. WITCH!

By the way, what the FUCK was Lithuania thinking? I literally fell down on the floor laughing at how bad it was, even for Eurovision. Christ.

Here's (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9qrO92xDpA&search=Lithuania%20Eurovision%202006) a video of the horror for those who were fortunate enough not to see it. Yes, I'm a horrible person.

Terracosmo
Fri, 05-19-2006, 03:07 AM
WII R DA WINNARS OV EUROVISIAN

LMAO!

edit: holy shit the dancing... I can't breathe...

el_boss
Fri, 05-19-2006, 07:07 AM
Is it just me, or does Carola look like a mythilogical beast? I get chills everytime I see an image where her soulless eyes are staring into the camera.

Wow! Lordi are pretty damn crappy. See them here (http://youtube.com/watch?v=jjWZjY0U18Y&search=lordi). I guess their image gains alot for them. Though the music does not fit their apperance at all.

PSJ
Fri, 05-19-2006, 08:09 AM
Lithuania was awesome, to think they got to the finals.

I do agree with all the comments about Carola, she is fucking scary. I heard Lordi got more votes than Carola got, that makes for an interesting set up for the finals, i would love to see Lordi place higher than Carola. That would shut all pop loving bitches up.

Turkish-S
Sat, 05-20-2006, 04:59 PM
I can't believe it, they won.... O.O.

Kraco
Sat, 05-20-2006, 05:01 PM
I can't believe it, either! Totally bloody unbelievable.

Thanks, Turkish-S. We also got points from your countrymen. Terracosmo, PSJ, el_boss, and Nai as well.

PSJ
Sat, 05-20-2006, 05:08 PM
Kraco are you from Finland? Right now i wish i was. Finland totally ruled Eurovision, this is like a punch in the face to every pop bitch/fag out there.

With a rock song placing 3rd in Sweden and a rock song winning in Norway last year and then proceeded to 5th in Eurovision the same year. At that Lordi won this time, this really shows that Rock and Metal will take over this contest, i hope all of Scandinavia sends Metal or Hard rock acts next year.

Kraco
Sat, 05-20-2006, 05:13 PM
That's indeed true. Let's hope this sets an example, and next year we will see more rock / metallish songs. They do stand out very positively.

PSJ
Sat, 05-20-2006, 05:29 PM
Yea they really do. I mean Lordi is a top notch metal band and they won. It's not strange really since they were the best musicians in the show. All the others are crappy 2nd or 3rd rate pop artists that wants their 15 minutes in the spotlight.

el_boss
Sun, 05-21-2006, 05:04 AM
Fuckin' awesome! But I have to say that it wasn't really surprising. Though I didn't watch the show so I don't know how the other acts were, but I sensed they would win.

They will probably send something like In Flames from sweden next year. It would be cool if eurovision became like a metal contest instead.

PSJ
Sun, 05-21-2006, 06:17 AM
The other acts were as always 2nd and 3rd rate pop artists that desperatly were trying to make one hit song through the ESC and then we had Lirhuania who were just plain weird, they coming in 6th is a bigger "WTF" than Lordi winning.

Terracosmo
Sun, 05-21-2006, 07:45 AM
I'm still shocked. I was throwing a party and when Lordi won, well, let's just say that

Lordi winning + alcohol + lots of people = orgy

Well not really an orgy but it was great!

Edort4
Sun, 05-21-2006, 08:25 AM
We were at a bar and I could see half of the show and I have to say that its just common sense that they won.
They where the only ones that really did something, all the others were plain and boring. This is supposed to be a a song contest but also a show and Lordi where the only ones that gave show.
Altough I have to say that this song is one of the worst of the Lordi songs I have heard, and even with that they won. This was the first time that eurovision didnt completely suck. :p

PSJ
Sun, 05-21-2006, 09:14 AM
Yea the song is not a top notch song if you compare it to Lordi's other work but if you compare it to the rest of the shitstains in the contest it is one hell of a glorious tune.

Lordi broke the points record in ESC history with 292 points.

Terracosmo
Sun, 05-21-2006, 11:15 AM
This is a great day for metal!

Nai
Sun, 05-21-2006, 05:19 PM
For once the right song did actually win. After the injustice of Nightwish not getting to go to Eurovision with Sleepwalker in 2000 due to a retarded jury it was great to see that there is at least some justice in this sad world. Hopefully this will open a lot of doors and make Eurovision change for the better. Good show, Lordi!

I only regret Silvia Night not making it to the finals this year. She was fucking hilarious.

Terracosmo
Sun, 05-21-2006, 05:58 PM
lmao it was funny how they all gave her a round of the good ol' boo.

"FUCK YOU!"

Oh and those men in hotpants, totally ruled the show.

You guys NEED to see this over and over:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NVdf7KrevF0&search=silvia%20night

LMAO "ugly old bitch from sweden"