PDA

View Full Version : Bleach 79 Discussion

Yukimura
Wed, 05-10-2006, 12:38 AM
[DB] Bleach 79 (http://yhbt.mine.nu/t/b79.torrent)

For the Brave souls who still bother, discuss/gripe your hearts out.

EDIT: Why bother to take frustration over the fillers out on me, some people want to watch this stuff, don't shoot the messenger!

DDBen
Wed, 05-10-2006, 01:49 AM
Wow surprizingly the episode didn't suck. Althought the random DBZ fight was uncalled for.

BTW this has been bugging me forever but why on earth hasn't Orihime just used her healing powers on ishada and in this case the bound lady.... Considering she's been able to heal humans hurt much worse and even reattach a severed arm one would think she could have everbody patched up in no time. Given its entirely possible the writers forgot her and chad even have powers.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 05-10-2006, 02:01 AM
Meh, another "way better than Naruto fillers but still a little boring" episode of Bleach filler.

Yeah, that shit with Inoue bugs me too. Heal bitch! Your supposed to be Bleach's Dende!

Kraco
Wed, 05-10-2006, 03:00 AM
The good thing about this episode was that it apparently advanced the plot and killed one significant character (points of no return for stories). It looks like the main plot of this filler is now proceeding faster, what ever the direction and destination might be.

However, I can't figure out why they bothered to bring Ichigo and Renji at all to the ruins before it was all over. Now we just saw one of the most lousiest fights ever. It would have been infinitively better script writing to bring them there when it would have been already too late. That way there wouldn't have been any need for the pitiful clash of swords. Ichigo and Renji trained all night and then suddenly couldn't do anything... Yeah, makes much sense.

DDBen
Wed, 05-10-2006, 03:48 AM
@Kraco

Ichigo and Renji didn't actually train at all they just beat each other up for a bit to "restore ichigo's resolve". So the results of that affecting anything here are subject at best. Reguardless I agree the fights were weak but the fact at the start of the episode at breakfast it felt a lot more in the spirit of a real nonfiller bleach episode and as you stated the fact the plot was moved forward as far as it was simply allowed this episode to flow nicely and actually be somewhat enjoyable overall. Its a very welcome change of pace.

metrite
Wed, 05-10-2006, 05:31 AM
For a few moments I thought bleach was going to turn into a 18+ show because of all that talk about being able to reproduce. :p

Kraco
Wed, 05-10-2006, 07:13 AM
In regards to that when they said Yoshino could reproduce, I seriously thought for a moment they planned to have Ishida and Yoshino make babies that would have then both Quincy and Bounto abilities... And it just made me wonder what a slow plan it would be...

Narasho
Wed, 05-10-2006, 11:01 AM
In regards to that when they said Yoshino could reproduce, I seriously thought for a moment they planned to have Ishida and Yoshino make babies that would have then both Quincy and Bounto abilities... And it just made me wonder what a slow plan it would be...

If they did that, the fillers would last for ages. Though it looks like as though they may, anyways.

Yukimura
Wed, 05-10-2006, 03:19 PM
Okay, here's my two cents. BORING.

Everything about this episode made me want to go to sleep. (albeit I did watch it at about 5AM, but that's not important). The breakfast scene was kind of nice, with Orihime and Tessei sharing food weirdness. Otherwise, I might as well have slept through it. Bad sword fighting, though it was funny that Ichigo kept not paying attention and still could defend himself with no problem. And the fight between Kariya and Yoshino, ohh you attack me, I dodge, then you attack some more, and I dodge some more, just amazing.
Now I'll do fusion with the Doll I apparently love (left field anyone?) and then we'll repeat the fighting process. And then, when the poor woman dies we have a chance for something cool to happen but NO, fillers must be stupid and goofy, so instead of lots of cool fire babies, we get weird insect looking things...how much more can they do to us.

woofcat
Wed, 05-10-2006, 03:28 PM
Yeah, I agree. This episode was crap. No skill or anything just attack dodge attack dodge. boring. I am starting to think that this was made by the American anime market to get us to stop watching subbed anime.

darkmetal505
Wed, 05-10-2006, 05:17 PM
man, Ishida is a pussy. Just because he didn't get some. The thing about the reproductive power was gay. How does one specific Bounto get it? The coffee part was funny.

Yukimura
Wed, 05-10-2006, 05:37 PM
woofcat you figured it out! This crap started pretty much right when Bleach got licensed, they must know how many people download it every week, maybe they plan to disgust us all away from the show and then when we're so starved for quality we'll all rush to buy the overpriced DVD's they'll be releasing slow as hell and watch the dub on Adult Swim (It worked on me for Eureka seveN) add the fansub community to all the screaming idiot kids who will fall in love with the dub and the revenue will just pouring in. I'd be on the lookout for coorperate assasins if I were you!

DarthEnderX
Thu, 05-11-2006, 04:22 PM
At first when they talked about Reproducing, I thought she had the power to turn others into Bountou, and they would make Ishida a Bounto(who'd get cured before the arc was over).

Actually, that would have been cooler.

This crap started pretty much right when Bleach got licensed, they must know how many people download it every week, maybe they plan to disgust us all away from the show and then when we're so starved for quality we'll all rush to buy the overpriced DVD's they'll be releasing slow as hell and watch the dub on Adult Swim (It worked on me for Eureka seveN)Eureka 7 actually worked on you? They've shown like 3 episodes so far and they're all AWFUL. Just what I need, another whiney bitch piloting robots. Let me run out and buy the DVD!

heero
Thu, 05-11-2006, 10:47 PM
quality of the drawing was ok but the plot was awful. Nothing makes sense. I thought Kariya wanted to fuck that woman when he talked about reproducing, but nooooo he mean't making tons of weird looking flys. What's so good about those damn flys anyway..wish it was tons of fire guys instead. That seal thingy (the one Kariya casted when the lady died) reminded me of FMA (stealing ideas?). Also, how did Kariya fuse with a doll when he never summoned one to begin with? At first I thought he combined with the fire guy. Jeeze..this is one confusing fight :confused:

Kraco
Fri, 05-12-2006, 03:12 AM
quality of the drawing was ok but the plot was awful. Nothing makes sense. I thought Kariya wanted to fuck that woman when he talked about reproducing

If you have a couple of two sterile people, they can't reproduce with each other. If you have a couple with one normal and one sterile, they still can't reproduce with each other. You failed to notice this with your logic. So, in the traditional sense Yoshino was useless to Kariya.

However, the dude had some strange ability to steal other people's abilities, and then use them in a twisted way. What we saw was apparently parthenogenesis. And funnily enough since parthenogenesis in the real world is almost solely used by insects, also Kariya decided to use the method to produce insect like offspring. The man has some wits, and serious lack of imagination...

heero
Fri, 05-12-2006, 04:23 AM
If you have a couple of two sterile people, they can't reproduce with each other. If you have a couple with one normal and one sterile, they still can't reproduce with each other. You failed to notice this with your logic. So, in the traditional sense Yoshino was useless to Kariya.

I just didn't catch the part where they said they were sterile. You didn't have to be an ass about it. Also, thanks for being mister obvious but since when did anime fillers follow the rules of logic.

Psyke
Sat, 05-13-2006, 02:58 PM
I don't get the part regarding the reproduction nor the part being Ishida not being needed anymore. Anyway, I'm not that concerned anyway. But the coffee part was funny, especially Rukia's reaction when being questioned by Renji. :)

dragonrage
Mon, 05-15-2006, 12:26 PM
Well i took a month of from Bleach which is two episodes apparently, lol. hemmm, this storyline seems mildy interesting. I think Mr. Urahara has something up his sleeves as always, he is misteriously absent alot, and knowing that bastard he is working on a counter plan. Why did he send them ahead. I mean couldn't Nova telaport them there faster or something.