PDA

View Full Version : uTorrent port forwarding help

Mizuchi
Tue, 05-09-2006, 04:09 PM
i went to www.portforward.com and followed the instructions for uTorrent port forwarding. I have a linksys and when i try to enter 192.168.1.1 in my browser, it says page cannot be found and stuff like that. Can anyone help me with this?

Deadfire
Tue, 05-09-2006, 05:39 PM
OK... well I've decided to tackle this one. God help me

Sometimes when windows crashes for some reason it resets your IP's, for what ever reason it does this. Anyways what you need to do is the following

1. Try to use a different browser, No I'm not trying to be a ass just do it

If that fails

2. You should look in Network connections window and try to refresh the DHCP lease for your adapter, and hopefully after that you should then be able to access http://192.168.1.1. OR open up a Dos box or Start run "cmd" or "cmd.exe" and type in "ipconfig /renew" this might do it.

If that fails then

2. Have a look at the Ip numbers that XP has designated to your Ethernet Adapters, if they are not 192.168.1.xxx. try manually setting it/them and then see if you can connect to http://192.168.1.1.

If that fails

Start > Run type in "ping 192.168.1.1" and see if you can ping your router

You should see something like 4 pings
Pinging 192.168.1.1 with 32 bytes of data
reply from 192.168.1.1 :bytes 32 and the time it took TTL value

Then on each host for example the 192.168.1.2 Start > Run
ping 192.168.1.xx (number of other client) to ensure your PCs can see each other

if you dont get these replies check your network cables
and equipment

Run "cmd" or "cmd.exe" and in the Dos box on each computer "ipconfig/all" will show your full network interfaces Info

Tell if you hit problems

Mizuchi
Tue, 05-09-2006, 05:55 PM
1. i tried using diff browser, didnt work :( tried mozilla and internet explorer

2. i dont know how to refresh my DHCP lease (idk wat that means)

3. when i go to start > run > command (cmd dont work for me), i typed in ipconfig /renew, and next to IP address, it said 192.168.1.99

so when i tried going to 192.168.1.99, it led me to just this blank white page. when i tried going to 192.168.1.1, it still said page cannot be found :(

4. how do i loop at the IP numbers that xp designated to my ethernet adaptors?

5. when i went to start > run > ping 192.168.1.1, it said ping is not a valid win32 application.

any ideas?

Deadfire
Tue, 05-09-2006, 06:37 PM
Ok your computer is hooked up right thats good just your IP needs to be fixed up

I want you to restart/reset your computer and the router.

If you still get it after that something is is wrong with the computer's nic card's IP settings

ok do this

Start > Run > type in "ipconfig /release_all" > Then type in ipconfig /renew_all > Try it again

If it STILL doesn't work REPLACE the router