PDA

View Full Version : New Gundam Seed Movie!

Meehlimo
Sun, 05-07-2006, 11:51 AM
According to Gunota:
Gundam SEED goes theatrical UPDATED
Rumors on 2ch said to be from the Sony Music Anime Fes' 06 are that it was announced that there'll be a Gundam SEED movie.

It is known, through a radio commercial for this month's Newtype, that the magazine has "big Gundam SEED news" though early issues don't appear to have come out yet to confirm what exactly that news is.

Edit: Sunrise confirms the rumors, stating this will be the first completely original Gundam feature film since Gundam F91 came out 15 years ago. Mitsuo Fukuda will be the director.

Update 2: Based on people who attended the Anime Fes, Shinn Asuka, Cagalli Yula Atha, Lacus Clyne, Athrun Zara, and Kira Yamato were featured with narration "their path takes us.." to a screen officially announcing the theatrical production. TM Revolution apparently topped off the event by saying "See ya at the movies" to the crowd.

NomoZ
Sun, 05-07-2006, 08:41 PM
"completely original" "Mitsuo Fukuda" isn't this an oxymoron?

I'm glad it isn't a series, and this better be the end of seed.

Phoebus
Sun, 05-07-2006, 08:47 PM
i bet that 2/3'rds of the movie is recap of the first 1/3rd.....

Narasho
Mon, 05-08-2006, 12:55 AM
i bet that 2/3'rds of the movie is recap of the first 1/3rd.....

And since Fukuda is in charge, the last 3rd of the movie will be new, crappy content.

Lacus will go seed-mode in a Gundam to save the day.

Terracosmo
Mon, 05-08-2006, 05:05 AM
The inner Seed fanboy of mine will always look forward to something like this insanely much, although maybe not as much as I would have if Destiny's latter half didn't blow.

BUT IT BETTER HAVE FUCKING YZAK IN IT.

Edit: So who else thinks that TMR will voice yet another likable one-shot character?

gr3atfull
Mon, 05-08-2006, 06:03 AM
YAY! a movie! I cant wait until it will come out. Hopefully, it wont be horrible and they wont "forget" some characters like Dearka, Miriallia etc..

Meehlimo
Mon, 05-08-2006, 06:28 AM
I dunno Terra if TMR does voice sumone they might not die since its a movie. But then again its Fukuda who knows.

Terracosmo
Mon, 05-08-2006, 09:15 AM
Why wouldn't people die just because it's a movie? :S

Meehlimo
Mon, 05-08-2006, 01:26 PM
Well i dunno they only lasted a few eps in the show cuz of money and since the movie is a one shot deal wouldnt it be just better to keep em alive cuz they are only being paid for the movie lol. I dunno just a idea lol.

Narasho
Mon, 05-08-2006, 02:35 PM
I certainly hope finance is not the main reason for killing off characters in anime.

Meehlimo
Mon, 05-08-2006, 02:38 PM
i dunno about other animes but im pretty sure hines death in destiny had to do with it.

Terracosmo
Mon, 05-08-2006, 03:32 PM
I am 98.5% sure that Heine's small role has a lot more to do with TMR's busy schedule rather than him being more expensive to hire than others. Keep in mind that voice acting in Japan is considered to be on the same level as Hollywood acting in the eyes of western people. So in other words, lots of money is always involved.

Narasho
Mon, 05-08-2006, 03:54 PM
That's also why the quality of voice acting is so much higher in subbed anime than in dubbed. (At least, the vast majority of the time.)

Meehlimo
Mon, 05-08-2006, 05:00 PM
Very true Terra point taken.

P.S since ur a mod Terra can you tell me why my warning level hasn't dropped yet it expired earier today im just a bit confused lol.

mage
Mon, 05-08-2006, 05:23 PM
reading this thread title makes me

............................................______ __
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?........................... ...........................\,
.................../.................................................. .........,}
................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}
.............../.................................................. .,:”........./
..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`..... ..._/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`..... }............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|........... ...`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,.............. .............`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\........ ..._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

Narasho
Mon, 05-08-2006, 05:28 PM
You got me to smile with that drawing. How long did that take you, it's pretty impressive.

mage
Tue, 05-09-2006, 11:38 AM
not long considering i pulled it off another forum

Splash!
Tue, 05-09-2006, 03:15 PM
Although i know i am going to be sorely dissappointed by this, since Fukuda is in charge, i probably would like to see it, even if it is a bunch of crap

Meehlimo
Tue, 05-09-2006, 08:35 PM
I wonder when it takes place.

Narasho
Tue, 05-09-2006, 09:50 PM
I'm looking forward to this, surprisingly enough. Of course, It will be a huge letdown after I see it, but still, it's got to be better than Naruto and Bleach fillers.

Meehlimo
Wed, 05-10-2006, 10:42 AM
On a side note

GUNDAM EVOLVE../Ω
Yodobashi Camera's site lists "GUNDAM EVOLVE../Ω" DVD. The DVD will come out on Oct 27 priced at 5040 yen
From Gunota

Edit: The listing at Kinokuniya's Forest Plus says this will contain Gundam Evolves 6 through 10.

Narasho
Wed, 05-10-2006, 11:06 AM
Sounds cool. I haven't seen Gundam evolve at all, but I'll watch it for sure after it comes out all in one file.

masamuneehs
Wed, 05-10-2006, 12:12 PM
you know that roller coaster sensation? The one where you're so exhilirated at first because of the prospect of new experience, the thrill of the unknown, and all that shit? Well that was me, for about the first 10 seconds.

Then I read the "Fukuda is the director" part and I got that stomach sinking into the pit of my shoes and burning urge to regurgitate all the constantly reheated hot dogs that I've eaten at the Gundam theme park recently.

and yet, the Gundam fanboy in me coughs up the 0 credits (thank god for online pirating) and can't wait for his turn in line to watch this new debacle...

we are sick sad creatures are we not?

Terracosmo
Wed, 05-10-2006, 05:24 PM
Let's just hope that this time, Fukuda realizes that women can't produce scripts.

Meehlimo
Wed, 05-10-2006, 05:38 PM
LMAO thats great Terra!!!! and in other news i know this is probably a given but i believe strike freedom will be in the movie hence his head crest being the advertising shot for the movie.

NomoZ
Thu, 05-11-2006, 12:00 AM
Let's just hope that this time, Fukuda realizes that women can't produce scripts.

Not all women, just his.

Infinite_Justice
Thu, 05-11-2006, 07:48 AM
Virgin post here :p
We can only wait for this, we can't say anything special about it cuz we basically don't know anything yet :) And yes, Naruto fillers suck, but Bleach is kinda interesting O.O

Meehlimo
Mon, 05-29-2006, 03:17 AM
Minor SEED movie update
Posters on 2ch point out that Houko Kuwashima's diary on SEED Club's cellphone site says Stellar appears in the SEED movie. It's not clarified in what capacity the character appears though at this early stage, speculation favors a memory scene.

Gunota

Terracosmo
Mon, 05-29-2006, 07:05 AM
It better not be more than a memory scene, I've had enough of that retard.

darkshadow
Sat, 08-26-2006, 12:12 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_Suit_Gundam_SEED:_The_Movie
director: FUKUDA ..........>_>