PDA

View Full Version : Who has the saddest past? (EXPECT MANGA SPOLERS! ANIME WATCHERS BEWARE!)

Carnage
Wed, 05-03-2006, 09:14 PM
Who do you think out of the 8 members has the most depressing past? This my list:

1. Robin - became a fugitive at age 8. What can I say? She watched her Island and everyone close to her die.

2. Chopper - was hated as a monster by both fellow rein deer and humans when he was really young. He was even shot! He also had to watch Dr. Hiluluk die, and he was the only one who cared for him

4. Nami - Let me see here (I have a long list for her): Became orphan when she was a baby, then is adopted into a poor family (which really isnt too sad) but has to watch her mother be killed right infront of her face and must work for Arlong at age, what was it, ten?

3. Franky - His parents aborted him and so he was adopted. Then he watches his adopter die as he was framed. Harsh.

5. Sanji - Kid starved. Nuff said.

6. Zoro - Doesnt really become too sad at this point. His best friend died and so he makes a vow.

7. Usopp - Dad left him and mom dies of sickness

8. Luffy - Was there even anything for luffy?let me see.....shanks lost his arm?

Edit: Okay, Okay, I know. I suck at spelling ....

Lucifus
Wed, 05-03-2006, 09:51 PM
1.) Nami- She spent all of her past in a really bad situation doing things that were dangerous, she didn't want to do em and definatly didn't like it. Working for a racist dude who killed her mom in front of her for the sake of her life, her sisters, and the people of her island.

2.) Chopper- "Was hated as a monster by both fellow rein deer and humans when he was really young. He was even shot! He also had to watch Dr. Hiluluk die, and he was the only one who cared for him" Though it wasn't long term, and soon got adopted by a crazy witch doctor who took very good care of him.

3.) Robin- I'm not sure she had that bad of a past, but as god said, she did become wanted at way too early an age, had to do some messed up stuff to survive, and watched everyone she knew die.

4.) Franky- "His parents aborted him and so he was adopted. Then he watches his adopter die as he was framed. Harsh." Nuff said.

5.) Sanji- Had a pretty good childhood, but, he starved, thats gotta be bad.

6.) Usopp- Dad left, his mom died, he became an orphan.

7.) Zoro- Very tragic death of his rival and goal, and at that point he became a tough guy and made some very deep vows.

8.) Luffy- A pretty great childhood......

xDarkMaster
Wed, 05-03-2006, 09:54 PM
Here's my order, too lazy to explain.

Robin
Nami
Chopper
Franky
USOPP
Sanji
Zoro
Luffy

ChaosK
Wed, 05-03-2006, 10:03 PM
Nami-Explained above, involved in middle of war, as orphan. Adopted by someone who loved her, but was killed in front of her, and worked hard for (how long was it?) a crook just to help free her town but was smacked in the face by Arlong.

Robin-Treated as a Demon/Devil. She seemed to have destroyed her town and was chased by the government ever since she was 8.

Franky-Damn...he was abandoned, then later he watched his master die in front of him BECAUSE of his invention, thats gotta suck, then later lost body parts trying to stop a train.

Zoro-His only (idol sorta) was killed, right after a promise was made.

Usopp(god#2 you suck at spelling)- Father went away, mother died, considered a liar and hated by villagers ever since.

Sanji-Starved

Luffy-SOMETHING must've happened with his Grandpa...(remember what ao kiji said?)

6Zabuza9
Thu, 05-04-2006, 02:34 AM
I vote for Chopper. Waqtching his past almost made me cry

Zhan
Thu, 05-04-2006, 05:01 AM
Chopper
Robin
Nami
Franky
Sanji
Zoro
Luffy

Chopper and Robin's past were probably the only ones I really felt for.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 05-04-2006, 06:21 AM
I gotta go with Chopper also. Even though others sound worse on paper, like the guy above said, watching Choppers really made me sad for some reason.

8.) Luffy- A pretty great childhood......I dunno. We still don't know what happened to his dad. I don't think they're done explaining Luffy's past yet. I mean, he seems pretty well adjusted by the time he eats the fruit, but he's like 10 then.

Stoopider
Thu, 05-04-2006, 07:31 AM
I'd go for Robin, then Nami.

Maybe it's due to the length or the support and friends you still have left, to me it's probably Robin that she never found anyone that cared for her until she met Luffy. Nami struggled for 7,8 years? Robin's closer to 20ish and has no family nor friends anymore except Luffy. Nami at least has a sister and their adopted father still around.

Robin's crime is her existence, being called a devil her entire life. How she's survived until now is by the 'Dereshishishishishi", that when you laugh, everything will be better and by Saul's words that one day you'll meet people who will finally care for you.. Now thats sad. The world government after her is definitely bigger than Arlong. (Btw Ah-Long in chinese means Loan Shark. :p)

Splash!
Thu, 05-04-2006, 02:51 PM
Luffy-SOMETHING must've happened with his Grandpa...(remember what ao kiji said?)

His Grandpa.. I have always been under the impression that Gold Roger is Luffy's Grandfather. Either that or Luffy is definitely a direct descendant of the Pirate King. It just seems so, after so many hints that have been made in one piece. Like how Gold Roger is actually supposed to be named Gol D. Roger. Also, Robin mentioned something in the Arabasta arc about people with 'D' in their names as being very unique. When Ao kiji mentioned luffy's grandfather, it all seemed to fit perfectly with the assumption. Even if Gold Roger is not Luffy's grandpa, i am pretty sure that Luffy and Ace are related to the pirate king.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 05-04-2006, 05:21 PM
I think Roger is his grandfather too, but there's really no arguing it. We'll know when they tell us.

Munsu
Thu, 05-04-2006, 05:31 PM
Since this thread has alread progressed this much I'll let it live, but next time that someone creates a manga spoilers thread it's going to get closed and deleted by me. This is first and foremost an anime discussion forum section, let's keep it that way.

ChaosK
Thu, 05-04-2006, 07:30 PM
His Grandpa.. I have always been under the impression that Gold Roger is Luffy's Grandfather. Either that or Luffy is definitely a direct descendant of the Pirate King. It just seems so, after so many hints that have been made in one piece. Like how Gold Roger is actually supposed to be named Gol D. Roger. Also, Robin mentioned something in the Arabasta arc about people with 'D' in their names as being very unique. When Ao kiji mentioned luffy's grandfather, it all seemed to fit perfectly with the assumption. Even if Gold Roger is not Luffy's grandpa, i am pretty sure that Luffy and Ace are related to the pirate king.

You bring the the fact that he used to be Gol D. Roger, didn't Smoker say something about "you people named D"

Deblas
Thu, 05-04-2006, 08:27 PM
^ ^

Well, it was actually Robin. Smoker mentioned that he looked like the Pirate King when he was about to die. The chief of his village also mentioned about Luffy becoming Pirate King is his destiny so he knows something we don't. Damn you Oda, reveal it already!