PDA

View Full Version : China Tests New Levitation Train

darkmetal505
Mon, 05-01-2006, 05:15 PM
Well I heard they were building it, seems like they ran the first test sucessfully.

Link (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060501/ap_on_re_as/china_maglev)

Lefty
Mon, 05-01-2006, 06:30 PM
The funny thing is the lev train the runs fro mthe airport to Bejing is empty most of the time and they run it at loss every year. I have a feeling that th is train might suffer from the same fate. The Chinese goverment should be more concerend about the looming ecconomical downfall they're facing in the next decade.

Kraco
Mon, 05-01-2006, 06:45 PM
China has a looming economical downfall? What is it based on? Collapse of the economies in the US and Europe? Or simply an energy crisis?

What comes to the maglev, I don't know if they even could be economically sensible. I always got the impression they are more like showcases. Showcases suit a communist country, though. They like to build things that are grander and flashier than in other nations. Well, I suppose every nation likes that, but capitalistic ones always need to think if it's profitable or not, and that kills many a project.

Lucifus
Mon, 05-01-2006, 06:50 PM
Is this actually economically friendly, or is China just building to say they can?

Lefty
Mon, 05-01-2006, 07:07 PM
@Kraco: Yes based on models of the world ecconomy but also on the rise of oil prices and the cost of having good's made in China. It's a combinations of things but at the rate that thier ecconomy is rising they'll soon reach a critical point where somthing little will give way, like a engergy shortage or workers not being able to meet the demand of the requiered productivity. With that it will snowball. It's happened before in the US, Europe, and Japan, every ten fifteen years or so. It's inevidable but with China it's going to be a hard becuase a large part of the population will be with out jobs after it happens. They're new middle class will fall back into the lower class and it will just be a disater. The world ecconomy will suffer as well, with product shortages all across the board. Companies will eventually move thier facilities to India where it's cheaper or be foreced to bring it back to with in thier home contries which will drive prices up for everything.

@ Lucifis: Yeah its more to show the world that they can do it.

Edort4
Mon, 05-01-2006, 08:40 PM
Yeah today I heard that in about 10 years if china keeps this growth rate he is going to suffer an energy crisis. Its demand of energy is growing far more faster than the energy offer, even with importations from other countries. Thats why they are expending a lot of money developing the fision plants.

This case resembles in a way the case we have here. They want to build a high speed train to link the 3 major cities in the region and take it to the border with france. Actually the project is calculated to cost 4180 million € (amount that will grow considerably as they predict) that is like the 60% of the budget for infraestructures and they estimate that only the 3-5% of population will use it. It goes trhough a natural park, croses 2 little towns and a lot of things more and almost 80% of the sindicates and empresaries say that it is a bad idea. But at the parlament they have agreed to start it on summer (even when there is still a resolution from bruselas idle that could say that it cant be done). The more I search about it the more I get astonished with its nonsense. It just seems a way to get rich because they gave the construction lincense to their own enterprises. And here ppl is very worried about the bird flu and who will win the world soccer cup. We deserve what we get. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Edit:

They are making trade deals with Russia and Canada the 2 most resource filled countries. I don't see a downfall.

I dindt say anything about a downfall or economy crack (and even less about trades). I just stated what seems a fact for the people who knows about this issue. Here we are growing at a "slow" pace of 2-3% per year and they are already talking about energy shortages in summer. Just read better next time.