PDA

View Full Version : Downloading really slow on BT.

X-plicit
Sat, 04-29-2006, 02:33 PM
I've tried the Official BT client and uTorrent. I'm really slow on both. On uTorrent I got a red light and on BT it's basically the same. How do I get some fast downloads? I don't get this port stuff. I also don't have any firewalls on.

BioAlien
Sat, 04-29-2006, 02:41 PM
have you tried different .torrent file? because if no one share the one you are trying to get, it's normal that you don't get a good speed

or simply change your internet connection if yours is too slow

Kraco
Sat, 04-29-2006, 02:46 PM
The fact you don't have any firewalls is a matter of such grave importance and urgency that you should forget torrents until you do have a decent firewall. Somebody said it takes 10 minutes to get you computer hacked or infected if you connect it to the net via a broadband without a firewall. I don't know if that's true, but by looking at my firewall's log, I don't have much reason to doubt it.

However, if utorrent showed you red light, you should consult the help files of the software (go to the menus) to see what you can do about it. If getting the port stuff is what it takes to fix it, then you just have to do it. But get a firewall first.

X-plicit
Sat, 04-29-2006, 02:46 PM
I'm trying to get the Naruto Movie 2 file from DB.

X-plicit
Sat, 04-29-2006, 02:52 PM
Whoops, I meant I turned off my firewalls. So is there anyway I can speed it up? My friend is downloading the movie at 108 kb/s while I'm doing it at 10-11kb/s

Board of Command
Sat, 04-29-2006, 03:42 PM
Whoops, I meant I turned off my firewalls.
Umm...you might want to turn it back on ASAP.

If you're on a router, you have to do port forwarding. Look it up on Google.

X-plicit
Sat, 04-29-2006, 03:54 PM
On BT. It says I'm either firewalled or NATted?

darkmetal505
Sat, 04-29-2006, 07:26 PM
Yea, whatever you do, don't turn off your firewalls. Like Board of command said, you need port forward which allows BT to recieve data not only from seeds, but also from more peers than you would without. For instructions go to www.portforward.com

Its pretty straight. Setup a static ip address. Choose router, choose BT program. Go to router configuration and type in the port number.

darkshadow
Sat, 04-29-2006, 09:54 PM
if you have windows xp with sp2 installed, you need to open up more tcp connections, i think you can use something like xp anti-spy to do that

edit:

http://xp-antispy.org/?lang=en&option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

BioAlien
Sat, 04-29-2006, 10:00 PM
Whoops, I meant I turned off my firewalls. So is there anyway I can speed it up? My friend is downloading the movie at 108 kb/s while I'm doing it at 10-11kb/s

that is sad... i was downloading that movie at over 400 kb/s

don't EVER turn off your firewall, check your upload/download limit speed
in Utorrent :
first click Option (in the tab on top)
after that click Preferences...
then select Network (left tab)
now check the limit on the download/upload speed

(here a screen of it:
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/2059/62ts.th.png (http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=62ts.png))

0 = unlimited

if your problem if not connected to that.. then sry i can't help you :(

Edited picture (a bit too big.. i put it in thumbnail, just click on it to see it big)

X-plicit
Sun, 04-30-2006, 02:56 PM
Wow it worked. Thanks a lot guys, I'm downloading it at 200+ now. I really appreciate it.

BioAlien
Mon, 05-01-2006, 03:10 PM
:p

well that some good news, but only 200+ =.=
that still low lol

darkmetal505
Mon, 05-01-2006, 05:35 PM
:p

well that some good news, but only 200+ =.=
that still low lol

what kind of connection do you have? I have DSL, port forwarded, everything else, and I only got around 50kb/s average.