PDA

View Full Version : Witchblade

t1no
Fri, 04-28-2006, 12:48 AM
Episode 1 by Bakakozou-Conclave:

http://weedy.1.vg:8394/torrents/%5BBakakozou_-_Conclave%5DWitchblade_-_01%5BH264%5D%5B35C12DFB%5D.mkv.torrent?info_hash= c7a7b19fa681ff75fb54564144bb8cd074ae63e8

Description:
In the near future, there are two syndicates seeking for the strongest arm. They are Doji Heavy Industry developing the strongest weapon, and NSWF creating superior humans by gene manipulations.
What they want is “Witch Blade” that only selected women can wield, and the power to control it completely.
Six years after the earthquake, Amaha Masane and her daughter Naoko are living in Tokyo. They ran away from the asylum to live them alone. But what are waiting for them are the dark powers surrounding “Witch Blade” and cruel fates…

http://www.witchblade.jp/
http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,3597,gnuvad,witchblade.html
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=4284

Death13a
Fri, 04-28-2006, 01:31 AM
your link doesn't work
This should work (http://weedy.1.vg:8394/torrents/%5BBakakozou_-_Conclave%5DWitchblade_-_01%5BH264%5D%5B35C12DFB%5D.mkv.torrent?info_hash= c7a7b19fa681ff75fb54564144bb8cd074ae63e8)

t1no
Fri, 04-28-2006, 01:51 AM
your link doesn't work
This should work (http://weedy.1.vg:8394/torrents/%5BBakakozou_-_Conclave%5DWitchblade_-_01%5BH264%5D%5B35C12DFB%5D.mkv.torrent?info_hash= c7a7b19fa681ff75fb54564144bb8cd074ae63e8)
It worked for me, but thank you.

Yukimura
Fri, 04-28-2006, 01:59 AM
Does this have anythingto do with the canned USA/TNT/insert American cable network here show by the samename? As in are there similar charachters or a similar plot or anything?

Ryllharu
Fri, 04-28-2006, 09:37 AM
They are both based off the same comic book by TopCow. Witchblade overview (http://www.topcow.com/comics/31/overview)

The show on TNT was a direct interpretation of the original series. I know that it didn't follow the series all that closely, and a lot of fans complained about it. Personally I enjoyed it. The series suffered from the obvious limitations that live-action creates with a story like this.

The animated series is just another interpretation of the mythos of the series. If there is an actual tie-in, I don't know about it. New characters. I imagine that only the backstory of the Witchblade is shared with all three. If anything, the way the Witchblade is used here is closer to the original content, even if the characters have changed. That would be the advantage to animation.

As for the series itself, I'm really enjoying it so far. I got attached to it pretty quickly, its hard not to like Amaha and Rihoko. The scene where the Child Welfare organization (NSWF) steal Rihoko from Amaha. Very moving and pretty convincing.

Phoenix20578
Fri, 04-28-2006, 10:08 AM
Wow, this anime has some great animation, and the story is very compeling. Its has a nice twist from the US TV show. Im really looking forward to the rest of this series.

NeoBear
Fri, 04-28-2006, 05:12 PM
This is nothing like the comic that I read for awhile, but in the comic it was explained that there wear several woman all through time who had wielded the witch blade. That being said I like the feel from the series the idea of a mother who wants to protect her child is easy to get behind and support. It’s also nice to see that there looks like there will be several villain types for instance the child protection service’s and the people who are tracking her for her witch blade powers. Also I like Masane as a character at first glance I mean how can you not dig a mom with a set of DD and some kick ass super powers “MILF!1!!!!”

darkshadow
Fri, 04-28-2006, 05:29 PM
Gonna watch it now, i hope its good, ( i liked the comics, but darkness was still better :D)

NeoBear
Fri, 04-28-2006, 07:29 PM
I seem to remember hearing something about them making an anime of this I wasn’t to excited cause it was around the same time I saw Lady Death…

But thank god its being animated by a real anime studio and not a bunch of 1 armed circus clowns. And Darkness was good to but if I remember right in that one if he had sex with a female he was dead. That’s not a fair deal to me man =D

darkshadow
Fri, 04-28-2006, 10:36 PM
lol yeah thats correct, he even didnt care anymore wether he lived or died because he couldnt bone anymore :P, but then he was informed that he could create his own perfect women, and he fought like mad :P.

and i think this anime is gonna be great, seeing how she actually fought something that had crazy powers, in the comic sara pez. never fought anything more powerfull then her ( until the darkness witchblade crossover )

Munsu
Sun, 04-30-2006, 12:45 PM
The little kid is annoying, hope she dies soon. I'm also not diggin the whole "transform into a machine" thing. Aside from that, I'll look forward to the next couple of episodes. If you guys like this, you might want to check out the anime The Devil Lady or Devilman Lady.

darkshadow
Mon, 05-01-2006, 02:48 AM
well the whole "transformation" is the basis for witchblade and the darkness

Munsu
Mon, 05-01-2006, 03:02 AM
I don't care about the transformation. The problem was what they were transforming into.

NeoBear
Mon, 05-08-2006, 02:49 AM
Before I say anything let me make it clear I am not complaining about release speed as far as this show goes. I noticed however that raw ep 4 is out and we still haven’t got a subbed ep 2 does anybody know if its been put on hold or if conclave has a web site wear I can gain some info. Once again im not complaining but im interested in this show and just wondering what happened.

Hakeem_21
Mon, 05-15-2006, 07:58 AM
Ep 2 isnt out yet?

NeoBear
Mon, 05-15-2006, 08:37 AM
ep 4 is out last time i checked (the raw anyway) im not sure im pretty bumed about it =/

darkshadow
Mon, 05-15-2006, 08:38 AM
i just checked, they are probably just slow, cause its still just in progress

NeoBear
Mon, 05-15-2006, 08:46 AM
i dont care if there slow they can go 1 ep a month i was just scared it got droped thanks for the heads up bro

dragonrage
Tue, 05-16-2006, 11:53 PM
interesting series, looks promising. I think i will stick around and check it out.

DeluxSkillz
Wed, 05-24-2006, 05:28 PM
yup this looks interesting too will stick with it

NeoBear
Wed, 05-24-2006, 07:13 PM
(sigh) who’s balls do I have to rub to get eps 2 of this subbed =/

whoever called me a bitch

address 4046 N Cornelia Fresno CA 93722
P# 559-271-9018 call me mother fucker and give me your address i can hop a military flight to wear you are and fuck your world up...

Ryllharu
Wed, 05-24-2006, 08:20 PM
They say they finally have their translator back after some extended hiatus, so you'll probably have to go for the editors and encoders.

Still...I sympathize. A month after the original airdate to release the first eps, and here we are another month. There are slower releasers though (tri-monthly+ for Gakuen Alice). When they get back on track, we'll see some decent pace I believe. In the meantime, there are plenty of other things to watch.

NeoBear
Wed, 05-24-2006, 08:35 PM
im not even sure why but im more interested in this then anything else right now and i have only seen one eps but thanks everyone for info and updates.

Ryllharu
Thu, 05-25-2006, 10:46 AM
I cannot say I am the biggest fan of these three groups, but I'm glad to see another set of groups pick up this neglected series.

[SHS-yesy-ureshii]Witchblade_-_01 (http://bt.shinsen-subs.org/%5BSHS-yesy-ureshii%5D_Witchblade_-_01_%5BFA73CF03%5D.avi.torrent)

One way or the other we'll get some more of Witchblade.

NeoBear
Thu, 05-25-2006, 10:54 AM
well you know i wanna say something about being wet but ill save that for ep 2 =)

DeluxSkillz
Thu, 05-25-2006, 11:34 AM
ep 2 is out http://bt.shinsen-subs.org/%5BSHS-yesy-ureshii%5D_Witchblade_-_02_%5BF8CB05A6%5D.avi.torrent

Ryllharu
Thu, 05-25-2006, 12:07 PM
well you know i wanna say something about being wet but ill save that for ep 2 =)

Now you can. Glad to see this series may get back on track.

Not too surprising to see that both that company and the Child Welfare Agency want the Witchblade, or at the least know where it is. I'm sure they both have opposite intentions for it.

Riko clinging to the table for dear life was cute.

NeoBear
Thu, 05-25-2006, 04:26 PM
you have no idea, man im so happy i think a little pee came out =D

IFHTT
Fri, 05-26-2006, 01:22 PM
Fun doesn't end yet... Episode 3:
http://bt.shinsen-subs.org/%5BSHS-yesy-ureshii%5D_Witchblade_-_03_%5BE8F429B8%5D.avi.torrent

Ryllharu
Fri, 05-26-2006, 02:51 PM
Well, the people turned robomonsters is a bit of a detraction to this series, but I think the rest of it makes up for it. It's a lot like Speed Grapher to me. I'm happy with it so far.

Kraco
Mon, 05-29-2006, 07:11 AM
One thing I can't forget or get over while watching Witchblade is Noto Mamiko (School Rumble's Yakumo) in such an action role as Amaha Masane. She's perfect in the role of the slightly inexperienced mom, but funny when the action begins. Other than this series I have been watching Solty Rei, and she's there as one of the genetically altered task force members. However, in that series she got the role of the one member that's absolutely useless in battle, which somehow fits her image in my mind.

Well, of course it's not her fault but mine for associating her so strongly with Yakumo. In the end she's an experienced voice actress with plenty of important roles.

Yukimura
Sat, 06-03-2006, 09:11 PM
Witchblade 4 by Shinsen-Yesy-Ureshii (http://bt.shinsen-subs.org/%5BSHS-yesy-ureshii%5D_Witchblade_-_04_%5B4FD0C79B%5D.avi.torrent). What's up with this series having two different joint groups subbing it? And three together, i've neverheard of sucha thing

EDIT: Just found this on the Yesy site
http://www.yesy-fansubs.com/site/images/releases/wblade/wblade04_1.jpg ...

Death13a
Sat, 06-03-2006, 09:15 PM
well you do now. History in the making.
Good episode at introducing other charaters of other company.

complich8
Sat, 06-03-2006, 09:46 PM
And three together, i've neverheard of sucha thing

Triad formed out of a team that worked together consisting of staff from Ishin, New Life Anime and Anime-Fansubs. That was somewhere around 2002... I think they'd done other projects together before that team broke off to form their own group.

Having multiple joint groups isn't terribly common, because joint projects are getting less common. I think a big reason for that is that there's a lot more people working freelance now, and not really working for one group or another. At the same time, more small groups are gelling, so maybe we'll see that on the rise a bit.

Munsu
Mon, 06-05-2006, 12:35 AM
Witchblade Acquired, Positioned for Adult Swim (2006-06-05 00:21:09)
Funimation has acquired the Witchblade anime, according to an announcement by Top Cow's Matt Watkins last weekend at WizardWorld Philadelphia. Watkins also said Funimation is in talks with Cartoon Network to air the series on Adult Swim. Thanks, MDawg and Dai Kun. Source: Comic Book Resources [ discuss ]

Conclave will drop it for sure...

Bakakozou, no clue what they will do, they'll probably continue it, but I bet they'll need to find more staff members to accomplish it.

The Shinsen trio will probably continue it.

Yukimura
Mon, 06-05-2006, 10:51 AM
The Shinsen trio is dropping as well!

Fuck This. Funi sucks! license the show after its over you bastards. whats with this stupid trend of licensing shows that are still in their infancy If no one else picks it up, AND ONLY IF THIS HAPPENS, then I hope the show bombs completely and Funi loses every penny they put into it, or I could buy the DVD, but that would mean supporting this trend...so no.

Ryllharu
Mon, 06-05-2006, 11:25 AM
We really had to expect from the beginning that this would get licensed. The original creation is a US property after all, so there's a decent fanbase already built for it here in the States. I agree that licensing should take place slightly later in the series, so that the licensors can see if the series sours out toward the end (Gantz most notably). Witchblade hasn't even really established the direction its going in, even with raws up to eps 8. I just wish there was a group that picked it up before the fourth raw was out, but subbers do what they want to do.

I also wished they'd stop licensing early or pre-licensing series. It begins to errode the relationship that fansubs and the licensers have. We're a free test market, and letting series get a little further than they do of late would probably be more advisable to them.

I'll miss the Japanese cast, especially Mamiko Noto as Amaha and Akemi Kanda as Riko, but there's some consolation we might be able to watch it on Adult Swim.

complich8
Tue, 06-06-2006, 05:00 AM
I do wish people would quit bitching about when companies license series... it really gets tired.

I mean ... sure, as someone who's not paying for it, it'd be nice if they waited until you got the whole thing for free before they decided to stake their claim on it. But more likely than not, if enough people like it, someone'll step up and do it anyway... whether it's bakakozou or shinsen or some newbie group that forms solely to sub the series because they want to see it and feel like there's a gap to fill.

Point being, someone or another will translate it, and if not, someone will rip the r1's when they come out. One way or the other, you'll be able to see it, subtitled, with the original Japanese voice cast, and probably without paying for it.

The only question is "when" ... and with members of old established "when it's done" fansubbers on the job, that was a big question mark to begin with. Get over it.

*(on the other hand, I can certainly understand the complaints about funimation -- they don't exactly have a stellar history of leaving things intact ... but at least they're not 4-kids. And this show's slightly risque ... gotta wonder how likely it is they'll leave it with its vitals intact)*

NeoBear
Tue, 06-06-2006, 02:44 PM
I really wish people would stop bitching about people bitching, (edit) I thought (edit) everyone is entitled to say how they feel about things on this forum. And as long as they are not personally attacking someone whats the problem if I need to justify how I feel ill be glad too.

I have been watching subbed anime for so long I almost don’t care to watch it any other way. In most cases I actually prefer fans subs to the subtitled crap that American companies put out if you need an example look at Initial D.

As for being pissed about people bitching that’s lame get over it and skip there post if they aren’t just dumping on someone personal then what’s the problem. There is a difference between complaining and bitching and in either case you should have the ability as a grown adult to just ignore them.

I was really looking forward to this series as I was a pretty big fan of the comic back in the day so I was really looking forward to another take on it im pissed and unhappy but im not bitching.

complich8
Tue, 06-06-2006, 05:41 PM
I really wish people would stop bitching about people bitching, (edit) I thought (edit) everyone is entitled to say how they feel about things on this forum.

How ... meta. Bitching about bitching about bitching.

I have been watching subbed anime for so long I almost don’t care to watch it any other way. In most cases I actually prefer fans subs to the subtitled crap that American companies put out if you need an example look at Initial D.

There is a certain value to the actual argument wrapped up inside your "my e-peen is big" message: dvd subs are pretty crap as far as featuresets go, because the dvd subtitle spec was extremely poorly designed. And yeah, commercial entities aren't always great either (as I said, funimation has a bad history, as does 4-kids. ADV and Bandai and Geneon have their share of screwups too), and the dvd spec is what, 10 or 11 years old now?

That said, in general they do a pretty passable job, given the strict limitations they're stuck with. Not to mention dvd translations are usually on par with the best fansub translations available, and substantially more consistent. Cut them some slack, man...

As for being pissed about people bitching that’s lame get over it and skip there post if they aren’t just dumping on someone personal then what’s the problem.

Hello, Pot, I'm Kettle. Nice to meet you. What's that you were saying about my pigmentation?

Oh, did I mention that this sort of discussion derails threads? Like it's doing to this one? We haven't talked about anything of substance to the show in several posts... not that the discussion here was terribly involved to begin with.

There is a difference between complaining and bitching and in either case you should have the ability as a grown adult to just ignore them.

Actually, no, there's no difference between "bitching" and "complaining" other than the degree of formality between the two terms. Bitching is a slang term for complaining.

Yes, I'm capable of tuning it out, of just ignoring it. I'm also capable of firewall-banning the /16 netblock that you posted from (oh look, I'm root, e-peen++). I find merely posting a message pointing out the irrationality and ultimate fruitlessness of someone's complaing to be an entirely reasonable and moderate path.

I think it's important to have some perspective. Realize that the scene has almost never let anyone down, as far as getting releases of in-demand shows out to nonpaying viewers. All I'm saying is, if you're not looking forward to buying it, at least have some faith, it'll still get subbed, just maybe not by the people who started it.

I can understand your frustration about the uncertainty of when you would be able to see the show. But put it in perspective, and realize that that same degree of uncertainty has always been there, just now your faith has to be put into something larger and harder to characterize -- the community at large, and the hope that another subber will emerge to work on it.

NeoBear
Tue, 06-06-2006, 06:00 PM
Yes, I'm capable of tuning it out, of just ignoring it. I'm also capable of firewall-banning the /16 netblock that you posted from (oh look, I'm root, e-peen++). I find merely posting a message pointing out the irrationality and ultimate fruitlessness of someone's complaing to be an entirely reasonable and moderate path.

Id like to point out that I agree with a lot of what you said one of the things im capable of doing is listening to both sides of a discussion/opinion and taking points from both side’s, however if two people are talking and one pulls out a gun or threatens the other with a fire wall ban or whatever its no longer a discussion.

I soundly apologize and ask that you do not ban me I wasn’t trying to personally attack you but I did disagree with your opinion. If it was taken personally I apologize.

complich8
Tue, 06-06-2006, 07:38 PM
No no, you completely missed the point: just because I have a gun doesn't mean I will necessarily use it. The point I'm trying to make is that in fact you weren't willing to make reasoned arguments, instead resorting to ad-hominem attacks, implying that I was in fact being childish (And I quote, "in either case you should have the ability as a grown adult to just ignore them" -- implying that by merely making a reply I was behaving in a way unbecoming of an adult).

Now, it would be childish for me to fly off the handle do whatever I may have felt like doing on a whim, whether it be as mundane as giving you an unjustified 10% warning or as extreme as banning ~65,000 IP addresses just to prevent you from even knowing why you couldn't come back. You may notice, however, that you're still here. You haven't been warned, you haven't been banned. Hell, I haven't even looked up your address! I'm the cop with the gun who just pulled you over to mention that one of your tail lights is flickering and the other one is completely out. Sure, I've got the gun, and sure, I know how to use it, but I also know that it's not appropriate to pistol-whip you for your car's failing electrical system.

I've always had the gun, and will continue to have it, and continue to wear it in plain sight. That's something that you, as a user, have got to accept. The admins are the absolute authority on any given site, and my shiny red italicized name (maybe it's not shiny enough?) and multiline multicolored user title serve as a sufficient, if subtle, reminder of the fact. However, it would be childish for me to exercise that power or authority needlessly or on a whim, which is the point I'm trying to make. However, merely making a post pointing out the unreasonable nature of Ryll's expectations doesn't quite cross that line into childish overreaction, in my book.

If you disagree with my opinion or anyone else's, I want you to feel free to disagree, and feel free to argue over the point. You never know, maybe you'll sway my opinion. However, weak or poorly-reasoned arguments, logical fallacies (ad hominem arguments being the salient example), and misdirection will not pass as workable arguments. So yeah, disagree away, argue away, I'm happy to hear it (any discussion is better than no discussion in my book). Just don't expect me or anyone else to stand by while you or anyone else flings shit (or shitty arguments, either way) at us.

I'd be happy to indulge you if you want to carry on the whole "licensing sucks" discussion, though I doubt it'd go very far (I've seen it carried to its conclusion quite a few times, and it always ends up in the same place), but if you do I'll have to split this whole derailment into a new thread in general discussion to keep it from further desecrating the remains of the poor witchblade thread that we've so brutally befouled here). Just make sure that you've got some decent reasons before you step up to make the attack.

On a more personal note, grow a pair! Jeesh... if there's one thing I can't stand, it's people kowtowing to the first glimpse of authority. Maybe the giant red lettering in my sig doesn't convey the message clearly enough? Just because I've got the power to erase your existence from the boards here doesn't mean that doing so would be the end of the world for you, just a minor inconvenience as you either find a new internet community to belong to or find another hobby to dump time into.

NeoBear
Tue, 06-06-2006, 08:03 PM
-On a more personal note, grow a pair! Jeesh... if there's one thing I can't stand, it's people kowtowing to the first glimpse of authority.

I will never ever make the mistake of voicing my opinion ever again on this site for fear of “flinging shit” or the goal of “growing a pair” you have made it very clear to me that you are the authority here. it would be foolish of me to try and talk to someone when they are standing in front of me with there hand waving over the ban button. I like this site I have been coming hear since long before I ever signed up to post. I would never want to risk being able to come here over my opinion. And I don’t mean to be redundant but I did apologize sincerely I don’t think I should feel that I lack nuts for doing so.

It's that you backed down (and continue to do so) simply because complich8 said he has the capacity to threaten you with a ban.

Just because he's a mod doesn't make the discussion any different. .

If the fact that he’s a mod doesn’t mean anything then why did he bring it up? He’s a mod he has an orange name he can ban me. he didn’t have to state any of these things. To prove I was wrong but he did. But I refuse to discuss it if im going to be threatened with the ban button. And in any case I admitted defeat and said I was sorry ill say it as many times as you want mod>pwn Neo every time.

Ryllharu
Tue, 06-06-2006, 09:08 PM
It's that you backed down (and continue to do so) simply because complich8 said he has the capacity to threaten you with a ban. You said your opinon, stick by it! I did. I still don't think any different about licensing series at such an early stage, but complich8 defeated my arguments with superior reasoning, so I left it at that. I've said my piece, he's said his.

I had nothing else to use in defense of my opinion, and his post covered pretty much what could be. Just because he's a mod doesn't make the discussion any different. They have faults just like all of us do, they've just got power to back things up when they need to be. When posters get afraid of the mods, it makes them [mods] unable to voice their own opinon and stifles discussion since they [scared posters] all lick the boots of the mods by agreeing with them and apologizing constantly.

It's actually kind of disturbing how bad it gets in certain forums.

Munsu
Tue, 06-06-2006, 09:25 PM
I really wish people would stop bitching about people bitching, (edit) I thought (edit) everyone is entitled to say how they feel about things on this forum.

That's where you are wrong. Ever since the board got started, whinning and complaining about the release speed of fansubs, questioning when releases will come out, and other things of that nature are not welcomed. Which is something I've seen you do here a couple of times, in fact did it in this thread. No one wants to hear it and no one cares for it. We are here to discuss anime, not to give daily updates on fansub status.

So aside from my interruption here on "everyone is entitled to say how they feel about thing on this forum", the discussion you were having with complich8 ends here. Don't even make a single post concerning the situation or this post in particular, this is not the place. If you have any concerns, take it into pm.

Most of all the points you have brought up have been because you have no understanding on what complich8 is saying, probably because you don't read carefully or have limited vocabulary. Anyways, this fruitless discussion ends here.

JaySee
Wed, 06-14-2006, 09:54 AM
:confused: So is this fansub dead now? It seems the 2 seperate parties have both dropped it. :(

Ryllharu
Wed, 06-14-2006, 11:03 AM
Unless someone else picks it up, yes. I'm fine waiting for Funimation if they can get it on Adult Swim. When the dvds begin to come out, we may see a resurgance of sub groups, mostly dvd rippers, but until then all we can do it wait.

Let's just leave this thread alone until then. The licensing conversations have gone on long enough.

Death13a
Wed, 06-14-2006, 02:16 PM
Bakakozou & Conclave

they still haven't dropped it

here from Conclave's site

Witchblade
June 13th, 2006, posted by Blurb

In reference to Witchblade, I think the words of xaki express our thoughts clearly…

” NO, IT’S NOT DROPPED, JUST SLOW! STFU.”

Have a great day, seriously.

Yukimura
Wed, 06-14-2006, 03:29 PM
Hooray, Witchblade isn't gone for the next one or two years. And you's think I'd also stop automatically believing anything posted with Bud's avatar next to it, but I probably won't. So sad...so sad.

Death13a
Fri, 06-16-2006, 11:22 PM
[Bakakozou​_-​_Conclave]Witchblade​_-​_04 (http://weedy.1.vg:8394/index.html)

Death13a
Thu, 06-29-2006, 09:53 PM
[Bakakozou​_-​_Conclave]Witchblade​_-​_05 (http://weedy.1.vg:8396/torrents/%5BBakakozou_-_Conclave%5DWitchblade_-_05%5BH264%5D%5B5E4DA10C%5D.mkv.torrent?info_hash= cc6a1bf231da827a8a1e14410a769e7ebffe7d0b)

Yukimura
Thu, 06-29-2006, 09:53 PM
Baka-Con Witchblade - 05 (http://weedy.1.vg:8394/torrents/%5BBakakozou_-_Conclave%5DWitchblade_-_05%5BH264%5D%5B5E4DA10C%5D.mkv.torrent?info_hash= cc6a1bf231da827a8a1e14410a769e7ebffe7d0b)
OMG look at the time stamp of the post before mine!

Death13a
Thu, 06-29-2006, 09:59 PM
Yey i won by a second!!! and Witchlade is still alive and kicking

Yukimura
Thu, 06-29-2006, 11:20 PM
Anyway, this was a cool ep, the Masa-Mune comment was pretty funny, especially considering we have our own Masamuneehs to rag on. At the store we are reminded that Rihoko is definately the mom in this relationship, and the fact that Masane's rack is too big for a regular store was pretty hilarious for a few minutes.

I hope the Witchblade-Cloneblade power gap won't be so narrow that Masane gets embarassed by these Neogene bitches just due to lack of experiance. But the crack in the blue girls armor makes that seem unlikely. Go Masamune!

Knives122
Thu, 06-29-2006, 11:24 PM
And here I thought this anime was lost to the drop gods. Guess I was wrong :p

Ryllharu
Fri, 06-30-2006, 06:12 AM
Some fans of the comics complained that the problem with the original storyline (since a spinoff remedied this issue) was that the Witchblade was too powerful. It is supposed to be the strongest weapon of all time, and apparently it got to be so formulaic that it wasn't as interesting as it should have been.

I think I'd prefer that the gap with the Cloneblade was small. Like Yukimura said, the crack already is evidence that the Witchblade is stronger, but Masa-mune's lack of experience is what is making her appear weak to the Neogene bitches. I imagine that "Lady" will be nearly the same level as the Witchblade, since she's supposedly the perfect example of a Neogene.

Definitely loved the parts in the store. I also really like the role reversal of Amaha and Rihoko, its a rarely seen change of pace.

Kraco
Fri, 06-30-2006, 06:29 AM
Right when this episode started I was already, again, thinking how the women in this series have so particularly big boobs. And that made the pun all the better.

I hope the Witchblade-Cloneblade power gap won't be so narrow that Masane gets embarassed by these Neogene bitches just due to lack of experiance.

Maybe the witchblade chooses its wielder not based on inherent fighting abilities but the size of the rack...

Kraco
Mon, 07-24-2006, 02:42 AM
A fresh opportunity once again to have a look at out very own mod's namesake:

Episode 6 - Bakakozou-Conclave (http://weedy.1.vg:8394/torrents/%5BBakakozou_-_Conclave%5DWitchblade_-_06%5BH264%5D%5BC83EE745%5D.mkv.torrent?info_hash= c661b3b29a11e2c229eecbd49de0b7fc48c9e0b9)

Yukimura
Mon, 07-24-2006, 12:15 PM
Damn, Masa-Mune got pwned...but at least she's still hot. And that whatever she did to that sub girl was awesome. I wish she'd use her hair again though, I don't think she'd ever lose a fight with that stuff.

Kraco
Mon, 07-24-2006, 01:08 PM
I'm still not sure she really got owned. It looked more and more to me like she was allowing the situation to develop like that. Of course it's safe to assume she didn't know the van would appear, but otherwise I think she was allowing herself to be somewhat beaten up. As if she knew the opponent would be a broken toy after that, and would suffer a miserable ending. It would be a greater irony, if the opponent kept thinking she won the fight before realising what really had happened.

Yukimura
Mon, 07-24-2006, 01:20 PM
Yeaih, I know she was smiling and having a good time, but I can't imagine why sh'ed let the girl beat on her...unless the girls adrenaline help progress whatever Masane did to her. Mabye the sub will try to make Masane her dome later. I don't know what it is, but that chick just screamed D/s bottom to me.

Kraco
Mon, 07-24-2006, 01:37 PM
Yeaih, I know she was smiling and having a good time, but I can't imagine why sh'ed let the girl beat on her...unless the girls adrenaline help progress whatever Masane did to her.

That's a psychologically interesting, and probably purely fictitious, question. It reminded me quite heavily of the One Piece scene where Luffy and Zoro let the lower pirates beat them at that one bar. However, if it indeed was so that Masamune knew exactly what was happening to the girl, then I suppose she decided to suffer a little herself to let the girl (and those around her) suffer much more later.

Ryllharu
Mon, 07-24-2006, 02:19 PM
So far it always looks like Masamune loses complete control when the Witchblade takes her. Deep down somewhere, she likes it, even if outwardly she hates her work and doesn't really understand. Maybe she really is an idiot after all. I didn't look like she was letting herself get hurt at all. It looked more like she didn't care. I think she really doesn't have a good handle on the Witchblade like the two were saying in eps 4. She lacks experience. But, the sentient weapon clearly knew what it was doing when it picked her.

I think Masamune's Witchblade personality just really enjoys the fight. It's not about winning, losing, or giving the appearance of one or the other. It's pure bloodlust.

Also, the ladies are finally seeing where their Cloneblades measure up to the real thing. Maybe they look stronger, and Amaha sure took a severe beating, but if you look at it, she was fully healed in a single night with only minimal aid. What's more, Masamune barely grazed the other girl, Shiori, and that minimal contact with the real thing somehow either infected or corrupted her Cloneblade, driving her insane. So maybe they'll see that if Masamune's Witchblade personality gets a little less into it, and starts really going at it, possibly even thinking during battle, that they'd never stand a chance.

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 07-24-2006, 03:08 PM
Gotta love the near lesbian scene O.o;

Aeon
Fri, 08-18-2006, 12:17 AM
If anyone still cares ep7 was just released.

http://www.dreamorabt.com/download.php?id=1220&name=%5BBakakozou_-_Conclave%5DWitchblade_-_07%5BH264%5D%5B28541BFE%5D.mkv.torrent

JaySee
Fri, 08-18-2006, 01:57 AM
HELL YEAH! I CARE!

Styles
Fri, 08-18-2006, 03:18 AM
Wow, I forgot all about this anime. I think after episode 3 or 4 I lost track of it and just deleted like 2 weeks ago. But I might check it out again between other anime releases.

Kraco
Fri, 08-18-2006, 07:55 AM
A decent episode, although it seemed to me like Masamune fought a lot lousier than before. Or perhaps the clone blade girl was just overpowerful just before burning out. That would be a likely explanation, in the end.

I'm having hard time seeing the bigger plot of this series, though. There's some distinct lack of purpose pestering all the characters. Although it could just be that the show is suffering from severe lack of momentum due to the somewhat lenghty intervals between the releases. It's hard to catch the spirit when you have already forgotten what happened in the previous episode... But nevertheless, I can't see a bigger plot especially after this episode.

Nai
Sun, 08-20-2006, 12:01 PM
Anyone else thinking that Riko is really Reina's child? I mean, same eyes, same hair color and the fact that Reina was carrying an infant at ground zero...

At any rate, it was a pretty good episode although the fight was somewhat anti-climatic. I would have liked to see Masamune kick some more ass but as she was not fully recovered I guess it couldn't be helped.

JaySee
Wed, 09-20-2006, 11:54 AM
http://weedy.1.vg:8396/torrents/%5BBakakozou_-_Conclave%5DWitchBlade_-_08%5BH264%5D%5BE1AAB321%5D.mkv.torrent?info_hash= 713a8648b46a71b84018e24f208675c1a03ee574

Ryllharu
Wed, 09-20-2006, 07:03 PM
Anyone else thinking that Riko is really Reina's child? I mean, same eyes, same hair color and the fact that Reina was carrying an infant at ground zero...

There's little doubt that this or something close to it is true after eps 8. Seeing them side by side, there's no doubt in my mind that Riko is either Reina's child or her clone. What is left to be told is how Masane got ahold of her and also had the appropriate papers for her. Was she a surrogate mother if Riko is a Reina clone, or did she steal her? As far as we know, she may even have worked for the NWFS on a higher level.

I guess it's all locked in her lost memories.

(by the way, this is the slowest joint project ever. In the end, I can't really complain because the quality is pretty good, but 30 days is a long wait. I had to skim the previous eps just to remember what happened.)

Kraco
Tue, 10-10-2006, 12:49 AM
Masamune is back, once again, right when you least expected her:

Episode 9 - Bakakozou-Conclave (http://weedy.1.vg:8394/torrents/%5BBakakozou_-_Conclave%5DWitchblade_-_09%5BH264%5D%5B9D9DB5ED%5D.mkv.torrent?info_hash= 24021809ae5f57420d85382a7fda4c535d7bb170)

Kraco
Sat, 11-25-2006, 04:14 AM
The time between releases is so stretched that almost the only thing I remember about this show is the story of Masamune's name... Well, I suppose that will get me a long way towards the important parts, anyway...

Episode 10 - Bakakozou-Conclave (http://conclave.fansub-torrents.com/%5BBakakozou_-_Conclave%5DWitchblade_-_10%5BH264%5D%5BC0B0963F%5D.mkv.torrent)

Lucifus
Sat, 11-25-2006, 05:44 AM
I think is a pretty decent series. I enjoy watching it, but the wait is ridiculous. Dling.

Yukimura
Sat, 11-25-2006, 09:02 PM
Woot, enough T&A to shake several sticks at, though I'm not sure what else was going on since I was so distracted.

animus
Sun, 11-26-2006, 11:24 AM
Man, I'd love to have a baby sister like Masamune's daughter. Too cute, helpful, and not an annoying kid.

Ryllharu
Sun, 01-07-2007, 10:21 PM
Episode 11 is out

[Bakakozou​_-​_Conclave]WitchBlade​_-​_11[H264][34707863].mkv (http://conclave.fansub-torrents.com/%5BBakakozou_-_Conclave%5DWitchBlade_-_11%5BH264%5D%5B34707863%5D.mkv.torrent)

Hopefully some more answers, especially to the questions they introduced at the end of 10. We'll be getting dvd releases from now on as well.

EDIT: Well, the tri-colored hair girl is...annoying. We can assume she'll fight Masa-mune towards the end and with any hope, she'll die horribly. Some cute moments with Riko-hime and the Director, and Masane still can't fight worth a damn. See you all (the few who still watch this) next month or so.

complich8
Sun, 01-07-2007, 11:23 PM
I've given up trying to keep up with this series. I'm just going to wait till it's all out to watch any more :p.

Yukimura
Mon, 01-08-2007, 07:25 PM
The extreme slowness is an annoting detractor, as is the fact that the main charachter still sucks so much after nearly half the show is over. However episode 13 is coming up so something will most likely change, perhaps Masane learning to not suck. However that last attack Masane pulled, while freaky as hell was pretty ingenious. Fortunately I've found that the side charachters are more than interesting enough to keep the show entertaining.

Kraco
Tue, 01-09-2007, 04:14 AM
I've given up trying to keep up with this series. I'm just going to wait till it's all out to watch any more :p.

With such delays between episode releases, the pretty much only thing I remember of this show is why Masane is called Masamune. Well, that's pretty much enough to get the plot coherent enough in my mind to be able to keep following it...

And yeah, the tri-colour girl would desperately need somebody to kick her ass really bad. But true to the Japanese traditions, since she's apparently somehow related to the boss, nobody really even dares to approach her with a berating expression.

Good thing Riko-hime's abduction failed in the beginning. She could have ended up in that facility otherwise.

Kraco
Tue, 04-17-2007, 05:33 PM
More than three months between releases is... Well, I barely remembered I had been watching a series called Witchblade once upon the time.

Episode 12 - Bakakozou-Conclave (http://conclave.fansub-torrents.com/%5BBakakozou_-_Conclave%5DWitchblade_-_12%5BH264%5D%5BBF82B8D3%5D.mkv.torrent)

animus
Tue, 04-17-2007, 05:44 PM
Ugh, I forgot which episode was the last one I saw.

Edit: Watching 12, but I can't remember what happened in the last episode cept the introduction of the prodigy girl with crazy colored hair and an obsessively violent demeanor during practice.

NeoBear
Tue, 04-17-2007, 07:56 PM
good lord this is taking a min lol how many episodes is this show btw?

Yukimura
Wed, 04-18-2007, 01:09 AM
Damn, I'd forgotten that Masane got owned last episode, but I now totally hate that stupid tri-color hair girl. When she was just mindlessly beating up the other girls she was kind of cool but now that we know she's just another 'I'm the chosen one' spoiled brat it's no fun.

On a positive note, from the OP (check out time 1:06 - 1:13 ) it looks like they've started using the uncensored DVD version where Masane's transformed state is much less...restrictive...Hopefully this also means we'll get 2-3 more releases in the next few weeks.

bagandscalpel
Wed, 04-18-2007, 09:34 AM
Just curious, but, is anyone else having problems playing episode 12?

The things that come to mind are that there's no video display, and the total time of the episode states that it is over an hour long.

EDIT: Nevermind, got it to work with WMP Classic.

NeoBear
Thu, 04-19-2007, 02:20 AM
had the same problum and the same thing worked for me wonder if my codec is out of date?

JaySee
Fri, 04-20-2007, 09:34 PM
Damn, I'd forgotten that Masane got owned last episode, but I now totally hate that stupid tri-color hair girl. When she was just mindlessly beating up the other girls she was kind of cool but now that we know she's just another 'I'm the chosen one' spoiled brat it's no fun.

On a positive note, from the OP (check out time 1:06 - 1:13 ) it looks like they've started using the uncensored DVD version where Masane's transformed state is much less...restrictive...Hopefully this also means we'll get 2-3 more releases in the next few weeks.

WOW! Someone who actually watches the OP and notices stuff like that. It's been so long between releases I didn't even notice that the quality went up. The DVD rip looks MUCH better than previous releases. Conclave doesn't even mention that they released this. :confused:

bagandscalpel
Sat, 04-21-2007, 04:51 AM
WOW! Someone who actually watches the OP and notices stuff like that. It's been so long between releases I didn't even notice that the quality went up. The DVD rip looks MUCH better than previous releases. Conclave doesn't even mention that they released this. :confused:
Actually, Bakakozou mentioned it around the 10th or 11th release.

But, no matter, guess the only distinct difference is the transformed states.

JaySee
Sun, 04-22-2007, 10:05 PM
Actually, Bakakozou mentioned it around the 10th or 11th release.

But, no matter, guess the only distinct difference is the transformed states.

I see nothing about it on either group's website, unless you're talking about their forums. The switch wasn't until this 12th episode.

Yukimura
Mon, 05-14-2007, 11:48 PM
Witchblade - 13 - [Makoto] (http://www.datorrents.com/download.asp?id=21168&name=%5BMakoto%5D%20Witchblade%2013.mkv.torrent)

A new group finally jumped in, the only report I have on the quality of this is a so-so, but it's yours if you want it. They are using DVD footage though, so the sexy factor on the transformations is higher then the previous episodes.

EDIT: I seem to suck at getting numbers right, anyway While it's not unheard of it was still somewhat surprising that Masane would not only give up Riko but say all that shit to her to make her feel like she (Riko) was holding Masane back and interfering in her life. No matter how mature she may be she's still 6 years old, emotional trauma anyone? And then who are you giving her up to? An icy bitch with nothing but ideas and theories about being a mother, no actual love, and certainly no emotional bonds with Riko. I hope Riko figures this out fast and runs away.

Kraco
Tue, 05-15-2007, 02:09 AM
You typed 12 by accident, Yuki. It should be 13.

And here's 14:

Episode 14 - Makoto (http://www.datorrents.com/download.asp?id=21180&name=%5BMakoto%5D%20Witchblade%2014.mkv.torrent)

Yukimura
Wed, 05-16-2007, 02:55 AM
Witchblade - 15 - [Makoto] (http://www.datorrents.com/download.asp?id=21208&name=%5BMakoto%5D%20Witchblade%2015.mkv.torrent)
Witchblade - 16 - [Makoto] (http://www.datorrents.com/download.asp?id=21215&name=%5BMakoto%5D%20Witchblade%2016.mkv.torrent)

This new "group" just keeps pumping them out, I'm thinking a fan or two learned how to use SSA and virtualdub just enough to turn a script into a fansub.

EDIT: Okay the new OP....it just isn't working for me. Give me back my XTC!

Ryllharu
Wed, 05-16-2007, 06:45 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I'm fine with speedsubs on top of dvd rips over getting an episode every 3 months.

Especially when the series is starting to get really interesting. Masamune will hopefully be having her first fight with annoying two-tone girl. Haven't watched 15 and 16 yet, but I really like the growing relationship between Rihoko and Reina. Reina kept trying to take it objectively and use her daughter as a experiment on herself, but Riko just kept reeling her in. Unfortunately, Reina seems to have a time limit now.

Seeing Masamune so torn up about Riko was pretty sad though.

animus
Wed, 05-16-2007, 10:30 AM
At the beginning of episode 15, did Masamune and teh Director do the nasty? Seems like they did.

NeoCybercoin
Wed, 05-16-2007, 11:34 AM
I don't think I would call it the "nasty" if it were with Masamune XD

animus
Wed, 05-16-2007, 11:35 AM
Well, I didn't wanna say "have sex" or "fuck" =/

Lucifus
Wed, 05-16-2007, 07:12 PM
Is this worth picking back up? It appears that someone is finally doing a decent sub of this series, but I don't remember the last few episodes of Witchblade, for obvious reasons. So is this group consistent in their updates and hows the story going?

Ryllharu
Wed, 05-16-2007, 08:17 PM
Well, it's pretty much a speedsub on top of dvd rips, so the video quality is good, and the translations are more than watchable. I haven't seen any particularly noticeable errors. The story...it's good, but it seems like they are going a lot faster than they have to. I loved the parts with Reina seeing if she could be a mother. Those are well worth watching. I am kind of wondering what they are going to do for the remainder of the series. It feels like that could wrap it up in 2-3 episodes.

For instance, eps 16 was a shameless filler beach episode, but with one very interesting piece of information during a meeting Masamune had at the office.

The second OP and ED are terrible though. I wish the tw- er, three-toned hair girl, Maria would die right now. She's so annoying. (sadly, I like her seiyuu's work, but hate the character here) The typical huge egocentric, overpowered little bitch.

I certainly wouldn't pick it back up if you had to wait 3 months between episodes like with Conclave, but at this rapid pace, it's worth watching again.

EDIT: btw, episode 17 is also out.

[Makoto] Witchblade 17.mkv (http://www.datorrents.com/download.asp?id=21260&name=%5BMakoto%5D%20Witchblade%2017.mkv.torrent)

Comment on the torrent mentions there will not be a batch torrent later, so get them while they are still active.

Yukimura
Thu, 05-17-2007, 10:20 AM
Witchblade - 18 - [Makoto[ (http://www.datorrents.com/download.asp?id=21270&name=%5BMakoto%5D%20Witchblade%2018.mkv.torrent)

It just flows like a river it does.

Ryllharu
Thu, 05-17-2007, 10:33 AM
*spoilers in case you're not caught up*

Amazingly, I can't find myself hating Maria anymore. She definitely matured after she killed Reina (such a sad scene too, finally realizing she felt good protecting her daughter). More importantly, now that Maria apparently understands Father's goal, she's seemed to be as disgusted with him as the audience should be. With any luck, she'll be the one killing him.

One thing I don't understand is why they think the real Witchblade would kill Masamune the same way the Cloneblades do. She stabbed that one sister only once to make her lose it and turn into dust. Masane has been stabbed, slashed, or cut countless times by the other Sisters and she's been fine so far.

Rihoko is probably in more danger now that the bitch doctor knows she's the true inheritor of the Witchblade. She also knows that Riko is Reina's daughter and that Masane has custody of her again.

*end spoilers*

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 05-17-2007, 10:56 AM
Is this series any good? From what I can tell doesn't look like anything other then T & A the fan service series.

Yukimura
Thu, 05-17-2007, 11:39 AM
@LobsterMagnet: If you can't look past the fanservice then you obviously won't like it, but behind all that there is also an interesting plot. There's mystery, suspense, and good character development, and decent action. It's probably not going to win any awards but once it's all done sit down and watch the first half or something. The first 10 or so eps were a lot of monster of the week types, but it has been getting better and better since then as the state of the world and motivations for many of the characters have been fleshed out.

With episode 18 I'm thinking Maria might be planning to lead a Neogene revolution, if not just against Father and the NSWF but possibly against everyone. I didn't see the situation with Takayama coming, I had hoped he'd out the Bio guy for what he did and make him take the blame somehow, but this way is much more realistic. We shouldn't have to wait long for the crazy guy to do something stupid and piss Masane off enough to warrant a quick death.

EDIT: Woot Witchblade - 19 - [Makoto] (http://www.datorrents.com/download.asp?id=21288&name=%5BMakoto%5D%20Witchblade%2019.mkv.torrent)

NeoCybercoin
Fri, 05-18-2007, 07:28 AM
Wow great episode. Maria having all blue hair instead of 3 colours. More grown up aswell. Death of Father and sex! Great episode.

Oh and not to forget level 2 Masamune-chan

Ryllharu
Fri, 05-18-2007, 11:00 AM
It's not blue hair really, she had a streak of blue hair before. What makes it notable is it was Reina's hair color.

Thank god Father is dead. Maria couldn't have put it better, "How unsightly." As equally as I hated her before, now I like her.

Am I the only one who thinks it's strange the Witchblade should have any fractures on it? It's the real thing, passed down for centuries. Not the cheap imitations like the Cloneblade and Ultimateblade.

Yukimura
Fri, 05-18-2007, 11:08 AM
Yeah that threw me for a loop as well, If there had to be some effect it should have taken an extra toll on Masane instead of on the blade itself.

Also, having seen her fight for the first time in the uncensored Witchblade suit it did seem somewhat odd that she was getting shot at point blank range for several seconds before she decided she might be in trouble. I guess even if there was nothing visible between her skin and the bullets she was still being protected somehow.

I'm liking that Maria has matured, but it's somewhat strange how fast it feels like it happened. But that just might be because it's all been coming out so close together. Father really went out like a punk though, eating glass as well as his own 'genes' that was just nasty.

NeoCybercoin
Fri, 05-18-2007, 02:34 PM
Yeah I am not even gonna think about what that white stuff really was. >__<

animus
Fri, 05-18-2007, 03:06 PM
Ice cream >_>

Death13a
Sat, 05-19-2007, 12:44 PM
Witchblade 20 (http://www.datorrents.com/download.asp?id=21331&name=%5BMakoto%5D%20Witchblade%2020.mkv.torrent)

Yukimura
Sun, 05-20-2007, 12:32 AM
Witchblade - 21 (http://www.datorrents.com/download.asp?id=21359&name=%5BMakoto%5D%20Witchblade%2021.mkv.torrent)

This show has gotten much more serious in the last few eps, this last one made my heart flutter a bit. I can't wait to see how it turns out, hopefully there's some sort of tragic end in store, but it would have to be done just right.

Death13a
Tue, 05-22-2007, 12:03 AM
Witchblade 22 (http://www.datorrents.com/download.asp?id=21415&name=%5BMakoto%5D%20Witchblade%2022.mkv.torrent)
Witchblade 23 (http://www.datorrents.com/download.asp?id=21455&name=%5BMakoto%5D%20Witchblade%2023.mkv.torrent)
Witchblade24 END (http://www.datorrents.com/download.asp?id=21458&name=%5BMakoto%5D%20Witchblade%2024%20END.mkv.torr ent)

Finished watching and very good series overall. I really liked the ending.

animus
Tue, 05-22-2007, 09:11 PM
I liked how they used back XTC for 24, and yeah it's been a pretty good series. My love for Rihoko is strong, and having a daughter like that is definetely an aspiration. The ending was good, but I really really wanted Masamune to have a good ending. What a heart wrencher, but it was presented nicely.

NeoCybercoin
Wed, 05-23-2007, 08:34 AM
Somehow the torrents wont download. It's strange. I got the torrenst but they just arent downloading.

Yukimura
Wed, 05-23-2007, 10:54 PM
Good show, even if it did take a year to get it all subbed (my Witchblade 01 was created 5-25-06).

I thought the show was 26 eps, and I think two more eps would have been nice, as Asagi's charachter and role wasn't really given a chance to grow much. I think the reason she was there was to hint that Maria had no idea what she wanted power for, and that she wasn't really as mature as she seemed at first. i would have liked to see that fleshed out a little more. But all in all I really enjoyed this one, good ending, great charachters and a pretty decent story.

I wonder if there will be many more american comics adapted to animes, since unlike some of our movie producers the Japanese can actually come up with interesting and entertaining stories from external source material.

JaySee
Tue, 06-12-2007, 12:49 PM
Witchblade 13 Bakakozou-Conclave (http://conclave.fansub-torrents.com/%5BBakakozou_-_Conclave%5DWitchblade_-_13%5BH264%5D%5BE7C107B9%5D.mkv.torrent)

animus
Tue, 06-12-2007, 02:08 PM
Haha... Bakakozou and Conclave still chugging away huh getting those insanely fast releases out.

Darknodin
Sun, 11-11-2007, 07:58 PM
Great F*ckin show!

I just finished it and... really liked it. everything that felt disconnected before (due to the 1 release a month thing) made so much more sense. good characters, nice action and good drama too...

I recommend this!