PDA

View Full Version : [AonE]_FFVII_Dirge_of_Cerberus_CG_Movies_[94988310][1200th_Release]

ruztynail
Thu, 04-27-2006, 12:43 AM
i really need help here.. why is it i cant play this file?? problem is. my main comp can play it, FDDshow and XVID both installed. but the other comp has the same codecs.. but it cant play the file at all?? why? and why is it in MP4 in the first place? why not avi like usual?

Assassin
Thu, 04-27-2006, 01:00 AM
i dunno about the mp4 (im guessin its something to do with quality), but you other comp mite be missing some other codecs that your main comp already has. tell us what exactly the nature of the error is and maybe we can help you figure it out.

Btw, in the future, make the thread title more relevant to the quesiton so ppl know what the thread is about. putting the name of the file doesn't really do anything.

Munsu
Thu, 04-27-2006, 01:05 AM
Just download CCCP and use Media Player Classic:

http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=9598

RyougaZell
Thu, 04-27-2006, 08:28 AM
They did a conglomerate of the CG movies of this game? errr... I prefer waiting for the game release in summer.

EDIT:

Maybe they used MP4 so you can easily upload it (if the requeriments are met that is...) to a PSP or and IPOD.

But, it can also be they are testing it for quality for future releases.

Deblas
Thu, 04-27-2006, 02:48 PM
If I remember correctly, when K-F changed to MP4 they said it was because it's better quality and the file size is smaller.

Go for the CCCP

Kraco
Thu, 04-27-2006, 03:59 PM
MP4 is a container like matroska (mkv), only more standard. I suppose it's mostly used with h264 (MPEG-4) and AAC, so in that sense a higher quality is true (or smaller file size, encoder's choice).

As such it can't be said to have anything to do with PSP or iPod. It's just following the times and general development.

ruztynail
Sun, 04-30-2006, 12:19 PM
sigh, my comp is a 1.8ghz 768 ram. and whn i play it. my task manager CPU usage goes up to 88-90%. 30-50% on avi alone.. sigh.. cant thy release a avi for those tat dont hv money for upgrades? like me?? and whn i play it. comps jerky and video is always left behind.. audio first..

darkmetal505
Sun, 04-30-2006, 12:49 PM
or just download VLC media player and play it on that

www.videolan.org

Styles
Mon, 05-01-2006, 02:58 PM
I've tried Classic Media Player and a few other players but movie files that are mp4's just comes up as sound and not video. Could it be because I have winamp on my computer or is there something third party I need to download to get it working?

Please read the support sticky and do a search on your question before you post.
Post merged with existing thread about the problem and User is warned

ruztynail
Mon, 05-01-2006, 08:32 PM
alrighty it works,, just get the CCCP and uninstall all the other codecs, guess it must hv crashed as it overlaps. or u dont hv the mastroska pack @ haali media splitter. anyways easier thn done get CCCP less worries to think. good luck. and still mp4 requires alllot of heavy tasking on my processor. Pentium M 1.6..... sigh.

Styles
Tue, 05-02-2006, 06:22 AM
Yeah, I'm sorry about that. I was in a rush but that's not a good reason. I'll do better to read before posting. Thanks for the help.