PDA

View Full Version : Juuousei: Jyu Oh Sei - Planet of the Beast King

Munsu
Mon, 04-24-2006, 02:39 PM
I think this will be a cool series, but I can tell for sure that the fansub I'm about to post is going to suck ass, so download at your own risk. I know for sure that at least two other fansub groups are doing this, so I'm going to wait for them myself.

Episode 1 by KissSub (you can already tell they suck too right?):
http://bt.94kan.com/torrents/1/3532ee09cafa3391b9967dd3046bdb568f14b0ad.torrent

"Based on the manga by Itsuki Natsumi.
The Chimera, a planet of beast, is a prison planet for brutal criminals. Thor and Rai are twins who have an executive father, and they have brought up without wanting for anything. But by the plot of the enemies of his father, they are sent to the Chimera. It is the world of struggle for existence, and they have to be beats to survive."

http://jyu-oh-sei.com/
http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=4226
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=6177
http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,3626,aonxxy,juuousei.html

masamuneehs
Mon, 04-24-2006, 06:23 PM
i've been waiting so much for this series that I even am willing to try this crappy group. Will post reaction on 1st ep and KissSub (what a horrendous name) later

edit -omfg i just realized i've already downloaded and watched a product from this fansub group earlier this week. Yes I am referring to my encounter with the indescribable monstrosity that is Princess Princess...

Roxy
Mon, 04-24-2006, 06:32 PM
this is funny cuz i was about to post asking if the group was any good and then i saw your post. which other groups are subbing this?

saman
Mon, 04-24-2006, 07:25 PM
so far, this is the first english sub i've seen, and the second episode is already out raw. but who knows, someone might still pick it up.

it seems like an interesting show. i think i've been corrupted by watching too much detective conan though; i couldn't hear the twins talking without seeing conan in my head :S

Munsu
Wed, 04-26-2006, 12:52 AM
I guess you missed when I said that I knew for sure of some other groups working on it.

The groups are Paragon and the other is Live-eviL for two.

NeoBear
Wed, 04-26-2006, 01:42 AM
Well aside from the gay vibe this looks pretty good can’t say much about the story but the over all quality of the shows visuals seemed to be pretty high. And I didn’t get to see much of the main characters but the main one (Thor) is pretty cool he’s not your standard punk he seems like a survivor. I’m looking forward to this show.

masamuneehs
Wed, 04-26-2006, 05:34 AM
well for a show i had high hopes and was waiting for i wasn't too wowed at all by the 1st episode. The contrast between the two twins is pretty well handled and while I can see Rai getting annoying he just makes his brother that much cooler.

I felt like the first episode was too rushed, left out too much. I know they might just be saving it for a shock later on but we have no clue what the twins' parents did, what this Prime Minister Odin is all about or anything. Felt like they should have had an entire episode in the colony before they get sent to Chimera... but oh well, i'm no writer...

Those plants do not like guns...

The setting is promising. The psychology and culture of prisons is a thing that fascinates me and I'm interested to see how Chimera works. Hope they get into some gritty survival stuff.

The bishounen factor is off the charts. What is up with the twins wearing those spandex shorts? (and if you check the ED you'll see Thor looking like he stole Heero Yuy's wardrobe from Gundam Wing. I was quite confident there would never be an anime fashion blunder of that magnitude with a main character again. But apparently I was wrong...) I'm not feeling any 'gay' vibe at all between the brothers. They're just a close family and actually remind me alot of Ed and Al from FMA. The fact that KissSub picked this show up suggests it might actually be a shoujo show in shounen disguise.

As for KissSub, their version was pretty bad. Typos, no translation of the ED, and I didn't care much for the text they used. I don't know about Paragon but since LiveEvil is usually slow as a catepillar I might try their versions in the future.

sheva
Wed, 04-26-2006, 08:55 PM
so in the end,it's the same old answer----wait.........since kissSub really kiss ass....L-E is working on a few new ones lately...so the only group to wait was paragon...they're too many new animes this month...so just can't blame when nobody is picking it up/slow on doing it...

masamuneehs
Sat, 04-29-2006, 04:59 AM
well, Kiss may suck, but right now they've cornered the market on Jyu oh Sei fansubs... still being the only one out there...

Jyu Oh Sei - KissSubs(theysuck) - Episode 2 (http://bt.94kan.com/torrents/1/ba267ed404120b7e113dff282cececc72f67146e.torrent)
Think I'm going to wait for another group's versions to start coming out...

Munsu
Sat, 04-29-2006, 05:05 AM
In my hands I have the Paragon version, it looks very good, but it's going to be reencoded to correct a minor error, so it should be released soon.

Munsu
Sun, 04-30-2006, 03:28 PM
Here's the Paragon release:

http://paragon.edwardk.info/[Paragon]_Jyu_Oh_Sei_-_01_[D0C54F36].avi.torrent

Chaos
Sun, 04-30-2006, 03:51 PM
Glad I waited...downloading now :) .

Munsu
Mon, 05-01-2006, 02:15 PM
Just watched the first episode, I really liked it. You have to bare the gay-like relationship between some of the characters, and you'll be fine. I hear some bitches will show up later on, so at least that's something to look forward to. Also, I like how it seems like the characters will grow up during the show, that's always a plus.

saman
Tue, 05-02-2006, 12:32 AM
I guess you missed when I said that I knew for sure of some other groups working on it.

The groups are Paragon and the other is Live-eviL for two.

oop. that i did. my bad. i'm glad live-evil's picking this up, although i must confess i might not wait for them. once upon a time i used to wait for my preferred subbers to release episodes, but this season i guess i just don't have the patience for it. as long as it's legible and the jist of the dialogue comes across, i'm good with it.

anyway, has anyone else seen episode 2 yet? i get the distinct feeling that rai isn't dead. people don't just die like that in tv. maybe he'll come back in a year as a hardened fugitive and try to kill thor or something.

t1no
Tue, 05-02-2006, 12:58 AM
Anybody still watching this anime?? I think KissSub has 2 episodes already.

Munsu
Tue, 05-02-2006, 03:10 AM
Why do you ask if we are still watching it? Didn't you see 6 posts just within the last 4 days or so? I think that makes it really evident that people are still watching it. I don't know about the rest, but I'm not touching the KissSub releases, I'm waiting for Paragon.

t1no
Tue, 05-02-2006, 03:20 AM
I did not pay attention to that, nobody posted the KissSub release so i didn't think anybody was still watching it. No need for the attitude, especially over the internet.

Munsu
Tue, 05-02-2006, 03:23 AM
Well someone did post the KissSub release, but as you said you don't pay attention so it will be meaningless to mention it. Discussion ends here.

NeoBear
Tue, 05-02-2006, 07:31 AM
episode 3 Kiss sub

http://bt.94kan.com/torrents/1/47b1472d7ac0bde2c720b2e3730ff091112c9b14.torrent

NeoBear
Wed, 05-10-2006, 04:15 AM
episode 4 Kiss sub

http://bt.94kan.com/torrents/1/e4641b29f4449dac722cec4b79e450fa66be7a5a.torrent

masamuneehs
Fri, 05-12-2006, 07:39 AM
Apparently another new group by the name of Nozomi is subbing this series. They've also released episode 1, in xvid and a higher quality avi format

Nozomi - Jyu oh Sei ep1 - xvid (http://a.scarywater.net/nozomi/%5BNozomi%5D_Jyu-Oh-Sei_01_-_Fate_%28XviD%29%5B62E603E0%5D.avi.torrent)

Nozomi - Jyu oh Sei ep1 - h264 (http://a.scarywater.net/nozomi/%5BNozomi%5D_Jyu-Oh-Sei_01_-_Fate_%28H264_720p%29%5BB113101A%5D.avi.torrent)

Will take a look at the better quality version, just to try this group out.

edit - wow, the h264 version was beautiful, filling up my laptop screen without even opening the player to full screen.

The translations also seem to be right on the mark. They even subbed some things that the other versions left out (like, and I find this quite important, the scene with the twins watching the presentation about Earth. At the end it says "There has been no word from Earth in the last 50 years, however...")

They also translate the times of day on Chimaera (they spell it like it's pronounced) into Noon and Night, emphasizing the temperature difference. The text used and timing was also damn good too.

Quite impressed.

Xvid files play at 704x396
HD eps play at 1280x720
Awesome

masamuneehs
Mon, 05-15-2006, 05:55 AM
Nozomi seems to have the best so far, so I'm sticking with them.

Nozomi has also released episode 2 so i'm posting the links to those versions as well.

Nozomi - Jyu Oh Sei - Episode 2 - xvid format (http://a.scarywater.net/nozomi/%5BNozomi%5D_Jyu-Oh-Sei_02_-_Ochre_Ring_%28XviD%29%5B1BD2F339%5D.avi.torrent)
Nozomi - Jyu Oh Sei - Episode 2 - h264 format (http://a.scarywater.net/nozomi/%5BNozomi%5D_Jyu-Oh-Sei_02_-_Ochre_Ring_%28H264_720p%29%5B5D2B6342%5D.mkv.torr ent)

edit - spoke to some Nozomi staff on irc. Server is Rizon, #Nozomi is channel.
Apparently they're a totally new group with no experience. This totally blew my mind as their first release was on level with, if not better than (i say better) than Paragon's.

Also learned that Jyu Oh Sei is also going to be a rather short series, 11 episodes. The manga is apparently short as well.

NeoBear
Mon, 05-15-2006, 09:37 AM
thats odd to me cause in the op it looks like thor ages if it's true that it will be short that means they are gonna have to haul ass with the plot. wich might not be a bad thing nothing i hate more lately then the standerd first 1-4 eps of intro/filler crap that most anime's seem to adhear too

Well just watched ep 5 and at the end in the preview it shows what looks like a much older Thor and Tiz so I guess this show is going to be short

Roxy
Tue, 05-23-2006, 12:55 AM
does anyone know what's going on w/ paragon? i've only seen episode 1 b/c i've been waiting for them to release more, but it's been awhile and perhaps they dropped the project or something?

NeoBear
Tue, 05-23-2006, 04:22 AM
Ep:6

http://bt.94kan.com/torrents/1/85c43d63b47c137b24c3015404ae1e55bdd504f6.torrent

looks like there all grown up now for a 16 year old Thor looks … really freaking old =O

Hakeem_21
Tue, 05-23-2006, 06:46 AM
You will let us know when that is out right? I rather wait for a good group.

NeoBear
Tue, 05-23-2006, 06:56 AM
Lol I know everybody seems to hate kiss subs, im not very critical of sub groups unless they suck and they would have to suck ultra hard like the hell-sub group that does bleach that shit is an affront to mankind =p

Darknodin
Tue, 05-23-2006, 10:29 AM
Lol I know everybody seems to hate kiss subs, im not very critical of sub groups unless they suck and they would have to suck ultra hard like the hell-sub group that does bleach that shit is an affront to mankind =p
ya me too... this is the only series where I download twice... and it has more to do with the HD release than the sub... an awful lot happened in episode 6... between this and explaining what happened in the past 4 years, this was a very busy ep... a little too much, but hopefully things will get back to normal next week...

Death13a
Tue, 05-23-2006, 04:20 PM
get used to fast pacing as this series only 11 episods and we already more then half way.

NeoBear
Tue, 05-30-2006, 12:50 PM
Ep:7 Kiss subs

http://bt.94kan.com/torrents/1/a914f48fc216f2521e59e71cf235126a00d1bdb0.torrent

its 350meg... oh man even i have to hate on these guys now

masamuneehs
Sat, 06-03-2006, 04:13 AM
Black Sheep is also up to episode 6, and from the one episode I saw from them they're miles better than KissSub. You can find their releases here: Black Sheep - Jyu oh Sei releases (http://tracker.danomac.org/black-sheep/)

I've been waiting for Nozomi's releases and just got to watching episode 3. This show isn't as fantastic as I'd hoped (it was one I really was looking forward to) but it has some pretty interesting parts, especially with how brutal Chiamera is.

I can't believe Thor is 11 years old. Even by anime standards he looks older than that. He's one jacked 11 year old... Saad is so going to become Thor's 3rd.

Arcn3ss
Mon, 06-12-2006, 08:20 AM
I am gonna have to agree with Masa on the show not being as fasntastic as it I hoped. Honestly, the first 5 episodes were great. I liked it better when Thor is a kid, and we got see all about the brutiality of Chiamera, but then episode 6 they jump ahead years. The first 5 episode had chiamera as an enemy. The planet itself was an enemy to all who lived on it. Now in the future, the planet is reasonably liveable. The planet as an enemy gave the story a need edge, that separated it from generic animes. I've seen up to episode 8, I dont like Thor character development, or the storyline development.

Since its only 11 episodes, every thing is so rushed, so the gradual progression of story isnt there. What would have fixed this problem, is if the series was 26 episodes. This would allow for that gradual story/character development progression to have actually occured in a decent manner.

Board of Command
Sat, 07-01-2006, 12:34 AM
Just watched this entire series today and it's quite good. It felt rushed in the second half (time jump) because people were dying left and right. I mean, Karin only lasted what? 2 episodes? The ending was also rushed as they were hopping planets in the blink of an eye. If given more time, I'm sure the story development could have been much improved.

Nonetheless, an above-average series.

Knives122
Sat, 07-01-2006, 09:48 AM
yeah it seemed like more or less everyone was killed:

-Yukki, got killed the ep. he was introduced
-Karin, two eps later
-Tiz, Third, Doctor guy, Rai, The old man in the cave, Top all of them dead(which I couldn't understand why they had to kill off Tiz)

And for some random odd reason Thor ended up looking like Third. None of it made anysense by the end despite it being a good series..

Board of Command
Sat, 07-01-2006, 10:04 AM
The ending was bad because the transition from Chimera to sci-fi was way too abrupt. No idea why they limited this series to just 11 episodes.

masamuneehs
Tue, 07-18-2006, 02:12 AM
well i have officialy given up on Nozomi subbing this thing... Tried out episode 4 from Black Sheep and was pretty impressed.

I like how this show isn't afraid of dealing directly and bluntly with death. I'm also coming to like the characters, particularly Saad/Third. Manipulative, smug bastard reminds me in a way of Griffith from Berserk, but without the obvious ambition.

Black Sheep's subs are pretty solid, and the picture quality was top notch!

Munsu
Sat, 08-26-2006, 04:48 AM
Just finished the series, and I really liked it. The ending was OK, the way Tiz died was the most fucking dumb thing that could've ever happen in the show, it was pathetic. If she died, they should've killed her like Karim was. I liked Thor's new look at the end of the episode, I bet his skin and hair changed colors so that Chen would fall in love with him, his DNA giving him the best chances of survival.

As for fansubs, I really recommend Black-Sheep, at least I know that the translator is the best in the fansub business, so you can't go wrong with them. For direct downloads:
http://bs.dryfire.org/

As for the shortness of the series, I assume that the reason was because the manga itself was short, only 5 volumes. I only hope that they at least made it as acurate with the manga as possible, though I would've really liked a longer series. It really was an interesting world they lived in, and the characters themselves were good.

Kraco
Fri, 09-22-2006, 06:42 PM
I finally decided to have a look at this, and liked it quite a lot. It was certainly very hurried, here and there, but generally speaking it didn't lose its integrity. The story was quite interesting, much more complicated than I expected, and the characters especially good, with thought-out backgrounds and motivations. The way the characters were almost all used by others one way or another at some point was a nice touch; it build an intricate and believable network considering how huge the scale of the story was in the end, yet how little most knew of the whole picture.

It's also, for me at least, a memorable moment every time when I come upon a series where the main characters just start to drop dead left and right, and nearing the end you can only say: Everybody dies in this show. It's so refreshing compared to those traditional animes where nobody but some historical or background characters ever perish. This was indeed sealed by Tiz's death. Even in the most cruel of normal shows her character would have survived.

Munsu
Fri, 09-22-2006, 07:38 PM
Yeah, but they way she died was the dumbest shit ever. I got no problem with her dying, but come on, I'm sure they could've come with a better death than that.