PDA

View Full Version : Which devils fruit would you be?

docdan63
Sat, 04-22-2006, 01:57 PM
this is just a little thread i started for the OP fans. post away

Carnage
Sat, 04-22-2006, 02:37 PM
I would probably choose fire. That way I could blow things up, melt stuff, make believe I'm Roy Mustang, and would also be able to cook anywhere, as well as entering martial arts tournaments and burning all my opponents, to roast marshmellows, and lost but not least fire is just cool. I could turn into fire kinda like Ace and noone would be able to touch me!

ChaosK
Sat, 04-22-2006, 02:48 PM
I could turn into fire kinda like Ace and noone would be able to touch me!

Except the person with the Water Fruit..

I'd want a darkness fruit, one that allows me to phase through things and such. That seems like it'd be fun, and since darkness is in no way a solid, it'd be fun. :D

xDarkMaster
Sat, 04-22-2006, 03:34 PM
I would want the Air Fruit. How can you beat air?

Carnage
Sat, 04-22-2006, 03:40 PM
@CK: If I use enough fire i can evaporate the water. It depends which fighter is stronger

@Darkmaster: I'll burn up the oxygen in your air :D

Honoko
Sat, 04-22-2006, 05:22 PM
i like nico robin's devil fruit power. it's quite handy (pun intended) :p

Harima Kenji
Sat, 04-22-2006, 05:39 PM
I'd go for the fire... as said above, if you're strong enough, your flames might be hotter as well.. and since fire can be a couple of million degrees Celcius, and water 'only' -273 It's easy to think of the outcome :p

Even if you can't strengthen your powers(the anime never said you can,right?) , fire just looks cooler than anything else :p
Against other devils fruit users, water is definately superior, since all you have to do is hit them. But in the fight between Ace and Smoker, I believe that Ace said that fighting would be meaningless, since they can't hit eachother.

xDarkMaster
Sat, 04-22-2006, 05:41 PM
@Darkmaster: I'll burn up the oxygen in your air :D

Or I could just make it so there is no oxygen around you. :)

BioAlien
Sat, 04-22-2006, 07:49 PM
i would go with the Lightning, like Enel
who need fire, when you can hit someone with 200,000,000 volt (did i forgot some 0? lol) and move at light speed, be IMMORTAL! ;)

6Zabuza9
Sun, 04-23-2006, 02:09 AM
yea, id go with the lightning fruit but if possible the sea metal fruit which could drain other peoples power haha. and wasnt there a water fruit girl in one of the op movies

Onineku
Sun, 04-23-2006, 05:28 AM
I would choose the earth fruit. I could be anywhere beneath you. and strike where and when you least expect it!

DarthEnderX
Sun, 04-23-2006, 10:15 AM
I'm gonna have to go with Enel's fruit. It's pretty much all the advantages of being fire, plus teleporting.

rockmanj
Sun, 04-23-2006, 11:03 AM
Maybe a fruit that allows you to become a shadow or somethin, or make shadows become solid. Might be useful

Carnage
Sun, 04-23-2006, 12:45 PM
But remember that Rubber is immune to electricity completely. I dont know about rubber vs. fire though.....

Below: You know Im too lazy. And I was asking if it is completely immune.

BioAlien
Sun, 04-23-2006, 01:52 PM
to know if rubber resist fire... take a piece of rubber, and heat it up

Deblas
Sun, 04-23-2006, 06:37 PM
I would go with wind. A lot of possibilities and pretty much invincibility with that power.

Assertn
Mon, 04-24-2006, 04:28 AM
But remember that Rubber is immune to electricity completely. I dont know about rubber vs. fire though.....

Duh....there really isn't any devil fruit mentioned that has absolutely zero weakness, so your best bet is to pick the one that is vulnerable to only one other fruit in the world.

I doubt a water type could exploit the common weakness of devil's fruit users. I believe it has to be SEA water that does the trick

Carnage
Mon, 04-24-2006, 05:14 AM
Are you sure about that? It didnt seem like any of Enel's lightning attacks hurt Luffy, and thats some pretty serious voltage to take out Sanji and Zoro easily.

LobsterMagnet
Mon, 04-24-2006, 09:37 AM
From what I've seen of One Piece it seems as if all the fruits that give you control over an element are the best and most powerful. Second best would probably be the ones that give your body a unique atribute. The suckiest fruit IMO are the ones that transform you into some kind of animal. They seem extremely limited at best.

Konohamaru
Mon, 04-24-2006, 10:58 AM
Enels attacks didn't work on Luffy because Rubber doesn't conduct electricity. Anywhoo, back on subject I'd prolly be the sound fruit.

Make sonic booms and moves that confuse the opponants and create eartquakes through almost any object or weapon, specially a sword or anything metal. Cancel out the sounds I make so you can't tell where I'm appearing from etc etc. Also move at the speed of sound which is fast enough for me if I can cancel out my own sound effects :)

DarthEnderX
Mon, 04-24-2006, 12:16 PM

Below: You know Im too lazy. And I was asking if it is completely immune.Well, since I don't plan on going out and fighting a rubberman, it's not really an issue is it?

ChaosK
Mon, 04-24-2006, 08:01 PM
Maybe a fruit that allows you to become a shadow or somethin, or make shadows become solid. Might be useful
Take notice to my powers. Darkness!

Ever see a tire lit on fire?

Aeon
Mon, 04-24-2006, 10:57 PM
I was gonna say Enel's fruit just so I could do Chidori:D, but after thinking about it and watching the x-men cartoon I'd take the fruit that gives it's user the power of ice.

docdan63
Tue, 04-25-2006, 09:26 AM
There is no spoiling here. You have been warned

Budweineken

dragonrage
Wed, 05-10-2006, 06:43 AM
hemm let me think. Well if i were to ever to eat a devil fruit, i would hope that it would be the power to control time. I mean that would be so badass, everything has to run its course through time, if you can control that flow you would control everything. Kinda like in prince of persia, hehehe.

Kraco
Wed, 05-10-2006, 07:23 AM
I don't think that would be quite as powerful as you think. For one, all the fruits so far seem to have quite a limited operational range, with Enel's fruits being one of the most powerful ones (didn't they say so in one episode?), and thus perhaps demonstrating the outer limits: One island and another directly adjacent to it. So, your time control power would be able to create bubbles of twisted time, but outside of that bubble everything would still flow normally.

However, one bullet would still be enough to kill you, unlike with the simple rubber fruit, not to mention the seemingly more powerful ones that allow the body to disperse. After all, a time control fruit wouldn't exactly alter your body at all. And so if the one bullet killed you instantly, or even just hurt you enough to totally incapacitate, you wouldn't be able to shift time back to dodge the bullet (or even just a dagger from behind your back that you never knew was coming).

dragonrage
Wed, 05-10-2006, 07:37 AM
you made some good points as usual Kraco. But i still like the idea of controlling time, even if its powers are limited. You gotta admit it would be fun, think of all the trouble and mischief you could get into hehehehe.

Kraco
Wed, 05-10-2006, 07:42 AM
Yeah. Although I have to note my above post is simplified, so don't give too much attention to it. In theory you could foresee if somebody is going to kill you, if you are in control of time. However, that would require you to be doing it constantly, because if you avoided one attempt, another might appear that obviously wouldn't have taken place if the first had succeeded. I can tell such a power would render one paranoid...

I doubt a water type could exploit the common weakness of devil's fruit users. I believe it has to be SEA water that does the trick

I haven't listened carefully enough to the Japanese lines to know if they are always speaking about sea water or water in general, but in the subtitles they just say devil's fruit users are hammers in water (well, I'm pretty sure that's what they are saying). Seawater is just water with a few percent salt. I doubt that the salt is what makes the difference... It's just that in a world with so many oceans and seas sea water is common and easiest to fall into.

And I don't think there has been any water fruits in the series or the movies. There was one liquid fruit user chick, though, in a movie, but that's a bit different. Water fruit, I believe, would be a clear oxymoron, and thus I don't think we will ever see one. If you turned your body into water, you would nullify your own power instantly.

dragonrage
Wed, 05-10-2006, 07:52 AM
Yeah. Although I have to note my above post is simplified, so don't give too much attention to it. In theory you could foresee if somebody is going to kill you, if you are in control of time. However, that would require you to be doing it constantly, because if you avoided one attempt, another might appear that obviously wouldn't have taken place if the first had succeeded. I can tell such a power would render one paranoid...

I know, time is a very tricky thing. But considering my outlook on life i really don't think i would become paranoid. Rather than fear death i might play with it or even embrace it. But then again all of this is theoritical and imaginary. And what is there to be paranoid about i would just be a man like no other, i would just have a little more time on my hands:p .

Edit: @ Kraco, yes they speak specifically about sea water. Regular water is not a threat. Think about it even if they didn't mention it. It would be very confusing watching the fight between Luffy and Crocodile, remember in the second and final fight, at the begining he use a barrel of water to counter Crocodile's sand ability, and when Crocodile tried to break the barrel he drank the whole thing. Also i mean it would be silly, everytime you drink a glass of water you get weak. Also the bars of the cage that held them as well as the stick Smoker carries are said to be made of some type of solidify sea water.

But this brings up an interesting question, What about fresh water lakes, in other words drinking water lakes. Would his powers be disabled then. Would Luffy finally be able to swim again? heemmm?

kenren
Wed, 05-10-2006, 10:19 AM
lighting would be good...with fast movement you can evade attacks..zap them with high voltage.. ^.^

Splash!
Wed, 05-10-2006, 03:34 PM
yes they speak specifically about sea water. Regular water is not a threat. Think about it even if they didn't mention it. It would be very confusing watching the fight between Luffy and Crocodile, remember in the second and final fight, at the begining he use a barrel of water to counter Crocodile's sand ability, and when Crocodile tried to break the barrel he drank the whole thing. Also i mean it would be silly, everytime you drink a glass of water you get weak. Also the bars of the cage that held them as well as the stick Smoker carries are said to be made of some type of solidify sea water.

But this brings up an interesting question, What about fresh water lakes, in other words drinking water lakes. Would his powers be disabled then. Would Luffy finally be able to swim again? heemmm?

I agree with you that it is usually sea water that poses the problem to devil fruit users but you have to remember that Luffy couldn't swim in the seas of Skypiea either. I just guess its a general weakness to large water bodies.

Deblas
Wed, 05-10-2006, 07:29 PM
I agree with you that it is usually sea water that poses the problem to devil fruit users but you have to remember that Luffy couldn't swim in the seas of Skypiea either. I just guess its a general weakness to large water bodies.

Oda actually just recently answered that in one of his SBS sections that come in the tank volumes.

Q: Odacchi! Here's a question for you! Crocodile can't fight water because he's "sand," right?Then how does he bathe?! Does he at all?! That's filthy!! Do you bathe, Odacchi?
by Crocodile's Mother

O: First of all, let's discuss the problem of Devil Powered folks bathing themselves. People who eat Devil Fruit are "hated" by the sea, and cannot swim. The "sea" here can refer to anything from rivers, pools and baths to any kind of standing water. On a worldwide level, they are all the "sea." When these people enter the water, not only can they not use their powers, they have trouble moving their bodies at all. They might be able to struggle a bit, but it wouldn't do much good. That's if their entire bodies are submerged in the "sea." With less than half the body or just the limbs, it gets easier. Also, rain and dripping water have no effect at all. Therefore, hip baths or showers are the most common choice. Now, in Crocodile's case, "water" is the weakness of his
very powers, so his abilities are robbed even in the shower. But it's not like there are
enemies around when you take a shower, so I'd bet he would take them even with his powersbeing blocked. Don't you think?

---And to answer your final question, about myself bathing.
As it happens, I do bathe. Twice! In a year!
See you next volume!

Kraco
Thu, 05-11-2006, 03:17 AM
That was certainly very conclusive. Not much room left for speculations anymore. From my point of view that also strengthens my statement that a water fruit would be an oxymoron. Of course it's nothing but an opinion, but I deem it a justified one. Of course if the user never would turn more than lone limbs into water, it would work. But if he had to turn more than half of his body into water, he would negate his powers.

anphorus
Wed, 05-17-2006, 09:35 PM
About Crocodile bathing: Wouldn't just turning his body into sand and nothing else just make all of the dirt fall off him?

Another thing is that even if Luffy were to, say, inexplicably lose his Devil Fruit powers, or find a body of water which wouldn't cause him to become paralysed when submerged, he still wouldn't be able to swim. Luffy gained his devil fruit powers before he learned how to swim.