PDA

View Full Version : NHL : the Stanley Cup

gr3atfull
Fri, 04-21-2006, 08:46 PM
Any hockey fans in GW? I hope the Habs from Montréal wins, of course. But im sure they wont win. I think they will loose in round 2. Who do you guys hope to win the Stanley Cup?
For those of you who dont know who which teams are part of it. They are :
Eastern:
1. Ottawa
2.Caronlina
3.New Jersey
4. Buffalo
5. Philadelphia
6. New York Rangers
7. Montréal
8. Tampa bay
Western:
1. Detroit
2. Dallas
3. Calgary
4. Nashville
5. San Jose
6. Anaheim
7. Colorado
8. Edmonton

Assassin
Fri, 04-21-2006, 10:25 PM
wtf! a non-white girl who likes hockey! you are indeed a rare breed.

Anyway, although i do enjoy hockey i haven't really been following it too much...mainly due to the fact that i dont have a tv at my place here.

My pick for the cup are the red wings. They'll crush everyone else.

Edit:

i wish for once, the leafs would stop sucking ass and win the damn cup.

gr3atfull
Sat, 04-22-2006, 11:02 AM
yeah. I know I heard that a lot. I got into hockey since I live in Québec (#1 hockey fan in my opinon) and because of my guy friends. I wish Senateur (they were amazing this season) would win the cup this year.

Kraco
Sat, 04-22-2006, 11:37 AM
Anaheim. I think Selänne is already so old that he can't possibly stay on ice for many more years, so a Stanley Cup victory now wouldn't be bad.

Not living in North America I can't really and honestly cheer any particular team, and so any team with somebody from Finland playing in it is fine for me.

masamuneehs
Sat, 04-22-2006, 11:39 AM
Who do you guys hope to win the Stanley Cup?
For those of you who dont know who which teams are part of it. They are :
Eastern:
4. Buffalo

Buffalo? Buffalo! Buffalo has a team in the playoffs?! :D
Christ the Bills have been such a disappointment the last few years, but at least our hockey team is doing something right!

I'm seriously not a fan of hockey at all. I go to some of my university's games, and those are fun, but I'm not much into the sport at all. But if a team from Buffalo is in it then I have to root for them (although there's no way for me to watch any of the games here in Italy...)

gr3atfull
Sat, 04-22-2006, 11:45 AM
Not living in North America I can't really and honestly cheer any particular team, and so any team with somebody from Finland playing in it is fine for me.
What about Saku Koivu from the Canadiens? ;)

But if a team from Buffalo is in it then I have to root for them (although there's no way for me to watch any of the games here in Italy...)
You can watch them from the Internet, no?

Kraco
Sat, 04-22-2006, 12:09 PM
What about Saku Koivu from the Canadiens? ;)

Yes, he's a very cool player as well. I wouldn't mind if his team won. He's a bit younger than Selänne, though, so unless something happens, he has more time left, likely.

6Zabuza9
Mon, 04-24-2006, 12:47 AM
Calgary Flames!! snce i was born there but lived my life in Vancouver, too bad canucks suck haha

Deadfire
Mon, 04-24-2006, 07:27 AM
Winnipeg Jets! Oh, right we gave them away, :(

Anyways I'm cheering for mainly Ottawa after that it's any Canadian team

I also hope for a Oilers victory too as I hate Detroit

kooshi
Mon, 04-24-2006, 08:37 AM
Me, I'm happy that the Canucks are not in the Stanley Cup. Since I live in Vancouver, I'm constantly bombarded with my friends talking about the team whenever they get the chance. I don't mind watching hockey, but it gets REALLY annoying how I hear my friends recapping last night's game over and over again.

gr3atfull
Mon, 04-24-2006, 08:38 PM
Talking about the Flames, I was so pissed when they lost in finals against the Lightening from Tampa Bay 2 years ago before the lock out.
I hate lock outs, it was so boring last year.:(
Currently watching the game Canadiens VS Hurricanes.
score:5-4 for Canadiens. Less than 1:30 minutes left, anything can happen
Go habs go!:cool:

Edit: After entering the second OT, Ryder scored!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy!!!!:)

gr3atfull
Thu, 05-04-2006, 04:48 PM
*Update*

Survivors:

1- Ottawa
2- Carolina
3- New Jersey
4- Buffalo
5-Edmonton
6- Anaheim
7- Colorado
8-San José

Round 2:

San José VS Edmonton
Ottawa VS Buffalo
Anaheim VS Colorado
Carolina VS New Jersey

So, yeah Canadiens lost... :( I dont mind as long as Saku Koivu gets better from his eye injury since game 3. There is always next year.

gr3atfull
Thu, 05-18-2006, 04:46 PM
Another update.
Conference Finals:
Anaheim VS Edmonton (First game start on Friday)
and
Carolina VS Buffalo (First game start on Saturday)

I think that the Finals will be Edmonton VS Carolina.

Assassin
Fri, 05-19-2006, 02:01 AM
i go for Edmonton vs. Buffalo

masamuneehs
Fri, 05-19-2006, 11:22 AM
LETS GO BUFFALO

seriously that city needs something to celebrate, and if the Bills cant get them a championship itd be awesome to see the Sabres get it.

gr3atfull
Fri, 05-19-2006, 09:26 PM
So i see you guys want Buffalo to be in the finals... Well, I want Carolina so that the Canadiens didnt get eliminated for nothing.

It will be the first time for Anaheim, Buffalo and Carolina if they win this year to get the Stanley Cup. But the 6th time for Edmonton, if they win.

Assassin
Fri, 05-19-2006, 10:57 PM
Oilers deserve it more....cuz you know, they're a canadian team and canada = hockey. Its only fair.

gr3atfull
Sat, 05-20-2006, 03:06 PM
Oilers deserve it more....cuz you know, they're a canadian team and canada = hockey. Its only fair.

Lol. I agree with you. But it would have been more fair if it was the Canadiens, even though they wont the cup 24 times. I mean, its like the only french team, and Québecois are the best at hockey and a big huge fan at hockey. They only talk about hockey.

But lets see who wins the cup this year.

gr3atfull
Fri, 06-02-2006, 07:54 PM
Update!

Sorry for Buffalo and Anaheim fans..... Sorry masa:(

FINALS:

EDMONTON VS CAROLINA

Games starting on June 5th.

I say that Edmonton is going to win since its a team from Canada.

Go Edmonton!!!!!

BioAlien
Sat, 06-03-2006, 12:09 AM
at what "round" did montreal lost? (i'm front montreal, so it's kinda normal that i want to knowl)

i also bet the team from Canada will pwnd those guy from Calorina, no one can beat canada at hockey! :p it's like our national sport.

gr3atfull
Sat, 06-03-2006, 10:09 AM
They lost on the first round.

4:2 for Carolina.

masamuneehs
Sat, 06-03-2006, 10:13 AM
...now that Buffalo is out it's just dumb old hockey again...

I could care less who wins, that's just how it is when the one you're pulling for gets beat. We would have made it all the way too if we hadn't lost so many guys to injuries... Eliminated in Game 7, that is the Buffalo way...

BioAlien
Sat, 06-03-2006, 09:49 PM
They lost on the first round.

4:2 for Carolina.

ahaha... i knew they sucked but to lose at first round..

animeniac
Sun, 06-04-2006, 12:09 AM
Woot, woot! I'm from Edmonton, so of course I'm cheering for the Oilers! Go Oilers Go!

I say we'll win it 4-0. =P

Assassin
Sun, 06-04-2006, 02:59 AM
no one can beat canada at hockey! :p it's like our national sport.

Actually Lacross is our national sport. And if i remember my gr 7 history correctly, it was originally played by the natives, using the skulls of thier enemies (as the ball i assume).

gr3atfull
Sun, 06-04-2006, 10:35 AM
ahaha... i knew they sucked but to lose at first round..

We dont suck. We won the first two games, then started loosing at the third game when Saku Koivu, the capitain, got injured to the eye.

@ Assassin:
Actually, hockey is our national winter sport and Lacrosse is our national summer sport. And for those of you who think curling is our winter national sport, well it is NOT.

joker-kun
Tue, 06-06-2006, 07:20 PM
Edmonton deserves to be shot after losing last night!

BioAlien
Tue, 06-06-2006, 11:16 PM
We dont suck. We won the first two games, then started loosing at the third game when Saku Koivu, the capitain, got injured to the eye.

@ Assassin:
Actually, hockey is our national winter sport and Lacrosse is our national summer sport. And for those of you who think curling is our winter national sport, well it is NOT.

if they can't even win without they capitain.. they suck

and ya the hockey is our national winter sport and Lacrosse is our national summer sport, but hockey can be played at any time of the year, since we can go in an arena or play outside with roller skate

also... curling.... i hate that sport, i can't beleive they made that a sport

gr3atfull
Wed, 06-07-2006, 05:01 PM
@joker-kun:
I only watched the 2nd period (since I had to study) and Edmonton played well on that period. What was really hilarious was when the #7 player (i think) was on the ice in front of the goalie (sp?) and he touch the puck with the ice! So anyways, I have no idea what happened at the third period so I cant judge if Edmonton really was horrible. Guess we have to see tonight who is going to win.

@ BA:
Not only he is their captain, he is a great player so I am not suprise if they lost. Its the same thing with when Kovalev wasnt playing. The Habs started to lose.

gr3atfull
Thu, 06-08-2006, 03:25 PM
Edmonton.... SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!!!! Carolina is such a weak team, how can you loose 5-0 ?!?!??!?!

They better win on Saturday's game.

gr3atfull
Sun, 06-11-2006, 10:55 AM
Wow! They are back. Edmonton won 2-1 yesterday. Hopefuly, they will win tomorrows game too.

Carolina leads 2-1.

gr3atfull
Tue, 06-13-2006, 03:26 PM
Last night game....

Oilers lost 2-1.

Carolina leads 3-1.

Hopefully, Oilers will win next game. If not, Carolina gets the cup.... and the hockey season would end too soon.

gr3atfull
Thu, 06-15-2006, 11:23 AM
YAY!!!!!!!!!!
Oilers won the game last night in OT.
Now, Carolina leads 3-2.

Hopefully, it wont be over in the next game on Saturday. I dont know why but the last Stanley Cup was more exiting than this year ( 2 years ago with Calgary Flames and Tampa Bay Lightning).

gr3atfull
Sun, 06-18-2006, 03:56 PM
hahaha Edmonton won 4-0 against Carolina last night.
Tomorrow night, we will know who gets the cup. Lets hope it will be the Oilers. If they win it, it will be the first canadian team to win it in 13 years. Also, if they win it, Edmonton sport fans are the luckiest this year. I mean, not only do they get the Grey Cup in the CFL, they also get the Santley Cup in the NHL.

Go Oilers Go!