PDA

View Full Version : Theory about Ichigo's Mom

Carnage
Mon, 04-17-2006, 10:00 PM
I've been wondering. When hollows consume souls, doesnt the soul after join them as a fellow hollow? I think thats how they explained it. Then did Ichigo's mom become a hollow? If not, then shouldn't she be in SS? Couldn't Ichigo have gone to search for his mom since he misses her so much? Perhaps the mom is a hollow and is an uber hollow that can destroy the whole world!:p

Discuss:

ChaosK
Mon, 04-17-2006, 10:03 PM
they've said that people can die and go on forever without ever finding their family because the place is just too big.

Splash!
Mon, 04-17-2006, 10:40 PM
who knows, maybe Ichigo's will play a major part in the story later on. Maybe she might even have something to do with Ichigo's uniqueness and where his insane power comes
from. I always did kind of find her dissappearance quite intriguing. After all, Ichigo never really saw what happened to her, did he?He pretty much got knocked out and when he got up she wasnt there. Seems like the writers left a lot of room there for speculation on purpose and they might even end up using it in the plot somehow. Anyways, dont expect any questions to get answered soon as fillers are bound to go on for some time. That still doesnt stop us from make up our own theories about it, now does it?

Honoko
Mon, 04-17-2006, 11:02 PM
He pretty much got knocked out and when he got up she wasnt there.
I thought he got knocked out and when he got up he saw his mom all bloodied up. Am I the only one remembering this flashback? To me the implications to this was that his mom actually saw the hollow and died protecting her son.

LaZie
Tue, 04-18-2006, 12:02 AM
The body could have been a Gigai and Ichigo's mom was taken elsewhere. :p

Mr Squiggles
Tue, 04-18-2006, 12:20 AM
In fact, now that were in this far-fetched train of thought, maybe Ichigo himself doesn't have any powers, but its instead his mom's invisible spirit using all those powers making him think they are his :p

Honoko
Tue, 04-18-2006, 12:21 AM
The body could have been a Gigai and Ichigo's mom was taken elsewhere. :p
Right because in truth Ichigo's mom was a ninja and performed a kawarimi no jutsu (however you spell it =P) and then disappeared in a totally awesome way :rolleyes:

FrogKing
Tue, 04-18-2006, 12:33 AM
This does bring up an interesting point. What if Ichigo's mom was a hollow in a gigai that somehow defected so-to-speak? Additionally, what if Ichigo's dad was a former shinigami? That could lend more information as to how and why Urahara was able to make a shingami/hollow hybrid. Just a thought; although I am thinking that the Grand Fisher killed Ichigo's mom and he'll somehow meet up with him later to finish off the job.

Honoko
Tue, 04-18-2006, 12:37 AM
I am thinking that the Grand Fisher killed Ichigo's mom and he'll somehow meet up with him later to finish off the job.
Uh... didn't the Grand Fisher admit to killing Ichigo's mom way back when Ichigo first got into the shinigami gig, tried to finish the job, but then failed?

FrogKing
Tue, 04-18-2006, 01:14 AM
Yes, i was referring to Ichigo meeting up with him (Fisher) to finish off the job (killing the Fisher for killing his mother). Sorry I wasn't clearer. Still, I like the hollow/shinigami possiblity to make Ichigo.

masamuneehs
Tue, 04-18-2006, 04:18 AM
Hmm...

Grand Fisher did say he killed her. He even has her 'form' which certainly suggests he at least encountered her in some way so as to know how to create her illusion. But...

But there's more, because when Grand Fisher used Ichigo's mom as an 'illusion' there was a reaction, something Fisher didn't seem to be controlling, almost like her soul interacting (on its own volition, despite being 'inside' of Fisher) with Ichigo during the middle of that battle. This highly suggests that Fisher indeed was responsible for Ichigo's mom's death.

Also, Ichigo's mom's soul being a part of Fisher, the Hollow that took control of Tatsuki's body (while she was still alive), and Kaien's soul still having sway over the Hollow that posessed him all suggest that when a Hollow consumes a person they actually become a part of that Hollow. Hollows have already shown the ability to 'absorb' Souls, both Pluses and fellow Hollows (Menos Grandes).

Assuming the above idea to be correct, that souls 'consumed' by Hollows become a part of that Hollow, The question is then this: When a Hollow is 'killed' by a Shinigami does this enable the once-Plus souls inside of it to go to Soul Society? Or what?

I also believe Ichigo's mom has a role to play in the future, either through his dad, in the final encounter with Grand Fisher (an obvious Aizen creation) or just as a continuing source of motivation for Ichigo.

edit to below- sounds like my example has already been solved in the manga then... goddamn i can't wait for Bleach fillers to end...

Carnage
Tue, 04-18-2006, 10:53 AM
I actually now regret not putting this in the manga section :p . You know what'd be funny? If this was Ichigo's mom:

http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/2412/capture7dx.jpg

XanBcoo
Tue, 04-18-2006, 01:22 PM
I was under the impression that Ichigo's mom's soul was "eaten" by Grand Fisher. Eaten as in, wiped from existence, the same way that Quincies kill Hollows.

Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly, but I'm sure some translation I read made me think that.

Harima Kenji
Thu, 04-20-2006, 06:45 PM
Didn't the Fisher escape the Shinigami for like 50 years? I'm also wondering if any captain-classed shinigami ever went after him. If the Fisher isn't as strong as a captain, then Ichigo wouldn't even break a sweat when he fights him..
Maybe his mom was the reason for Ichigo's insane powers, but I believe that Ichigo's Hollow-like powers came from Rukia, and got awakened when he almost changed into one..

complich8
Sat, 04-22-2006, 06:02 PM
I think Fisher evaded the shinigami for so long because he was clever, had good decoy methods to aid in his escape, and had the ability to hide his presence. If he were an ordinary stupid hollow, any old shinigami could have shown up and slaughtered him.

He's certainly stronger than your average hollow, but I wouldn't even put him on the same strength category as the "Huge Hollow" types. He's certainly not on the level of a Menos, power-wise.

As far as what happens to trapped/assimilated souls when a shinigami dispatches them? I would say ... the shinigami killing a hollow doesn't send its soul to soul society so much as it disperses its soul, and sends the dispersed bits back into the cycle. Once someone's a hollow, they're not going to the afterlife ... their individuality is going to cease to exist. Only their energy, the substance of the soul itself, will remain. I would suspect that assimilated souls would end up in the same sort of state ... so if Ichigo's mom is part of Fisher, it's unlikely that her soul is going to be separated and left as a distinct personality again, in the same way that it's not likely that Kaien's going to show up as a distinct personality. A shinigami's work is sending intact "plus" souls to soul society, and freeing unsalvageable souls (ie: hollows), returning them to the cycle in purified shreds.

darkshadow
Sat, 04-22-2006, 06:18 PM
i thought it DID send the soul to soul society, rukia said something like, when you slay a hollow you dont kill it, you purify it soul and it gets send to ss, that is the purpose of the zanpakuto, only if a hollow committed mortal sins when it was still alive, it will go to hell.

or something like that :P

Munsu
Sat, 04-22-2006, 09:50 PM
Why are you guys arguing about Fisher's ability to evade the Shinigami's? All he had to do was hide out in Hueco Mundo, it doesn't require much skill or intelligence to acomplish it.

Splash!
Thu, 04-27-2006, 06:56 PM
I actually now regret not putting this in the manga section :p . You know what'd be funny? If this was Ichigo's mom:

http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/2412/capture7dx.jpg

lol, seriously though what is that supposed to be. The lord of all Menos Grande or something. That is one monstrous eye. Its bound to pop up in the story later. Maybe its gonna be Aizen's pet in the future or something

TruthofMistake
Mon, 05-22-2006, 01:00 AM
Ichigo's mom as an uber-being reminds me of the "Something from the Nightside" books by Simon Green. And as to your theory I don't believe it. We know very little about her so pretty much anything is possible but the idea of her as a hollow just doesn't click with me. A shinigami mabye?