PDA

View Full Version : One Piece SBS Corner

Augury
Mon, 04-17-2006, 04:37 AM
From Arlong Park's Manga SBS Page (http://www.arlongpark.net/Manga/SBS):
"SBS stands for Shitsumon o Boshuu suru, meaning, "I'm taking questions". Starting from Volume II, after the end of each chapter in the Tankobon Oda answers his fan mail. He takes on anything from intricately detailing the Marine Hierarchy, to some lighthearted things like explaining the measurement for how far Luffy can stretch with some... interesting units of measurement."

Oda's answers to his fan mail start off with mostly factual-type answers to questions and gradually develops into a humor corner which I've really enjoyed reading. Go check it out if you haven't already! (link above)

---*---

Here's an example of one: (D = reader, O = Oda)

Chapter 167 (Page 26)

D: Hello, Ei-chan. I think I am in love with Miss Merry Christmas' way of abbreviating her "dammit, that's enough already!!" comments. Therefore, I would like to start this one like Miss MC would. "STUH!!" (Start the SBS!!)

O: WHAAAAAAAAAT?!!

D: Oda-sensei! Draw the six main characters with your left hand!

O: I don't want to waste any more space. Can I stop at three?

D: I've been wondering, how old are Vivi and Chopper? Vivi looks to be about the same age as the rest, but Chopper just seems like a kid! Please, give us the answer!

O: First, Vivi is 16. Chopper is a human reindeer, so as a human he would be 15. Yeah. That's right.

D: What would happen if I ordered "Fried rice! No rice!!" at a Chinese restaurant?!

O: Go try it and find out. Then order some boiled tofu without the tofu. Yeah!! What does this have to do with the SBS?

---*---

Note, also from Arlong Park's Manga SBS Page: The translations for the SBS listed here were made by stephen (http://www.mangascreener.com/stephen). Please abide by his request and do not use them for scanlations.

xDarkMaster
Mon, 04-17-2006, 10:18 PM
Check this out guys, some of it is really funny! Nice find.

D: *click* You BIG BOOB LOVER!!! (Ahem, pardon me.) *slam*... *click* *smack* (blown kiss) *slam* P.N. marimo

O: Whoa. The girls are rebelling. What are you gonna do about that, guys?! OK, leave it to me! I'll lay down the law for us all. What the hell are you talking about? I'm a goddamn shonen manga-ka! A MAN'S DREAM!! NEVER ENDS!!! (That was good)

DarthEnderX
Tue, 04-18-2006, 01:03 AM
D: Yo! This is the first time we've talked, Ei-chan. (Ehehe!) I'm so SHY! So anyway, I have a question. "Buggy the Clown" can split himself in pieces, right? So of course, he can also do that DOWN THERE, if you know what I mean... I can't say any more. I won't let you say any more. Don't draw anything until you answer this question!!

O: His penis can fly too.That's the greatest thing I've ever fucking seen.

FrogKing
Tue, 04-18-2006, 01:17 AM
D: Oda-sensei. Since Luffy is a Gomu Human, does that mean his "p*nis" can stretch, too?

O: His penis can stretch too.

Oda and his fans are obsessed with one penis I mean piece...

Stoopider
Tue, 04-18-2006, 01:47 AM
Typical Japanese. :p

I'm not surprised if there's like a million one Piece Hentai's out there by now.

xDarkMaster
Fri, 04-21-2006, 12:54 AM
This isn't really funny, but interesting. It could fuel or put out some of those theories out there.

D: Odacchi! Here's a question for you! Crocodile can't fight water because he's "sand," right? Then how does he bathe?! Does he at all?! That's filthy!! Do you bathe, Odacchi? by Crocodile's Mother

O: First of all, let's discuss the problem of Devil Powered folks bathing themselves. People who eat Devil Fruit are "hated" by the sea, and cannot swim. The "sea" here can refer to anything from rivers, pools and baths to any kind of standing water. On a worldwide level, they are all the "sea." When these people enter the water, not only can they not use their powers, they have trouble moving their bodies at all. They might be able to struggle a bit, but it wouldn't do much good. That's if their entire bodies are submerged in the "sea." With less than half the body or just the limbs, it gets easier. Also, rain and dripping water have no effect at all. Therefore, hip baths or showers are the most common choice. Now, in Crocodile's case, "water" is the weakness of his very powers, so his abilities are robbed even in the shower. But it's not like there are enemies around when you take a shower, so I'd bet he would take them even with his powers being blocked. Don't you think? ---And to answer your final question, about myself bathing. As it happens, I do bathe. Twice! In a year! See you next volume!