PDA

View Full Version : Anaconda regurgitates a hippo...

Ciber
Sun, 04-16-2006, 08:53 PM
Yum? (http://disloyal.org/videos/793/anacondaregurgitatesahippo.html)

darkmetal505
Sun, 04-16-2006, 08:59 PM
The video isn't loading, but if its true, it would make sense. Those little snakes can swallow a huge ass egg, so I guess a very very large anaconda can swallow a hippo. Was it a baby?

DB_Hunter
Sun, 04-16-2006, 09:02 PM
Speechless... I mean... wouldn't the anaconda now need to have lunch again?

dragonrage
Sun, 04-16-2006, 09:30 PM
damn!!!!! that is freaking amazing. i remember seeing a special on anaconda's. They said it wasn't possible for one to swallow a man. That was after the found one attempting it. But after seeing this i seriously think that they are wrong.

@ darkmetal.... it wasn't a baby, nor was it fully grown.

darkshadow
Sun, 04-16-2006, 09:41 PM
That was like, crazy... damn !

Knives122
Sun, 04-16-2006, 09:42 PM
Well they said that a python or an anaconda couldn't swallow a human because our shoulders, but if we were laying on our side then it could eat us if they were big enough.

Aeon
Sun, 04-16-2006, 10:52 PM
That was cool, but after showing it to a couple people on aim nobody could figure out the purpose of the people making it throw it back up.

Board of Command
Sun, 04-16-2006, 11:00 PM
Good point, Aeon...

But damn, that is a pretty intense video. Swallowing a hippo is very different from swallowing an egg.

dragonrage
Sun, 04-16-2006, 11:00 PM
it could be that the wanted to study it. the length, weight and other stuff. Its hard lifting a 200 pound snake, that just had a 300 pound meal. Pretty scary shit though. Would you like to take a moonlite walk in the amazon jungle anytime soon?.:rolleyes:

complich8
Sun, 04-16-2006, 11:04 PM
Wtf? Where would an anaconda get a hippo?

Anacondas are south american. Hippos are african.
And hippo feet have four toes. The feet of whatever that thing's choking on only have three.

I'd say that's probably a tapir.

sangai
Mon, 04-17-2006, 03:39 AM
gonna have to say cool, but not impressed, it was a pygmy hippo, not only that it was a baby hippo, what most people don't know a hippo is as wide as it is long, they usally weigh up to 3+ tons, thats 6k lbs, not no easy task for a snake, what that thing ate was maybe around 300 or 400+ lbs, easy for a anaconda that size, which would normally be feeding on 300 lbs capybara's or deer in south america, that one was also more then likely captive and they fed it something, then agitated it enough to vomit it up, so that the snake coudl move,

that is the reason why they made it throw up, it would of been stuck there and not even they would of been able to move the snake without it being injured in some way, i mean lil 300 lbs snake being stretched in the center by a 300lbs lump of what ever, not gonna go well.

Honoko
Mon, 04-17-2006, 07:53 AM
anyone recall that article a while ago where they found a snake in Florida that had exploded after trying to swallow an alligator? this article just reminded me of that...

complich8
Mon, 04-17-2006, 08:00 AM
sangai: tellin ya, hippos are 4-toed and live on the wrong continent, and aren't shaped like that. That's a tapir, no question about it. Count the toes, tapirs have 3 toes on their back legs. Not to say it's not impressive ... adult tapirs can be in the 300-600 pound range. Which is right where that looked like it was.

Pygmy hippos are also 4-toed, and generally shaped like hippos, but you're right on their size.

Capybaras are much smaller than pygmy hippos and tapirs. They usually weigh in in the 75-150lb range. Making them an easy snack for an anaconda, compared to some of the other prey animals they eat.

Honoko: yeah, the thrust of the article was that people's former pet boas released into the swamps in florida are thriving and killing things that they shouldn't be... which is bad news. Here's the article (http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=1834132) -- it's a reuter's story, so it's all over the place.

ChaosK
Mon, 04-17-2006, 12:40 PM
Wtf? Where would an anaconda get a hippo?

Anacondas are south american. Hippos are african.
And hippo feet have four toes. The feet of whatever that thing's choking on only have three.

I'd say that's probably a tapir.

the anaconda is racist?

yet i find this interesting...

XanBcoo
Mon, 04-17-2006, 03:09 PM
Strange videos/articles about animals make this world interesting. I remember that "Snake won't eat hamster" one. Good stuff.

This one had a guy talking in a funny language though :cool:.

sangai
Tue, 04-18-2006, 03:01 PM
hmm comp, i didn't look at it carefully enough, but it is a tapir lol, but i do work at the zoo, the capybara's are pretty damn big, a full grown adult can hit about 400 lbs.

normally i work with the rhino's,

Board of Command
Tue, 04-18-2006, 03:21 PM
normally i work with the rhino's,
Too much information.

AlterEgox5
Wed, 04-19-2006, 01:23 AM
My exact words upon reading the title of this thread:

"An anaconda regurgitates a hi--oh my god, what the fuck..?"

I then proceeded to watch the video and felt sorry for the anaconda actually... I mean, he ate a freaking hippo!! Let him enjoy it!

Honko: Yeah, I totally saw that video...very weird..