PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 180 Discussion

dman
Wed, 04-12-2006, 09:02 PM
http://yhbt.mine.nu/t/n180.torrent

djblingsingh
Wed, 04-12-2006, 09:22 PM
um your're suposed to put that in the "official release thread", its on the top of the page, but thanks for the link i guess

Assassin
Wed, 04-12-2006, 10:01 PM
Yes dman. next time, please post the link in the official release thread as well

dman
Wed, 04-12-2006, 10:53 PM
sorry bout that, live and learn

anyways i found the ninpo art from rock lee hilarious

BioAlien
Wed, 04-12-2006, 11:28 PM
rock lee ninpo art? Oo

currently downloading this episode to see it (along with Elder Scroll IV: Oblivion, so it will take some time -.- )

DarthEnderX
Wed, 04-12-2006, 11:51 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Lee's ninjitsu was the only thing worth seeing.

Vokalyzd Harmony
Wed, 04-12-2006, 11:54 PM
"To protect my village and save my comrades, I would be in a hurry to get stronger"
..then go FUCKIN train and stop with this filler bullshit..anyways..who called the plot from the 2nd episode of this damn filler..and it doesn't look like it's about to stop..the "Reunion" episode is gonna be about Sumaru and his mother..and then they depart again..if 184 doesn't look promising..then it's another season of fillers for sure..

BioAlien
Thu, 04-13-2006, 05:14 AM
From the intro of this episode.. 2 more week of filler, so 184 shouldn't be a filler since filler will last to episode 182, but... since they made a new filler intro... there will probably be another season of filler... (if so.. then plz kill me)

but for this episode... there was only 2 "good" part, Lee "jutsu" and Natsuhi technique.

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/2659/snapshot200604130611446yh.jpg

bxgreatone87
Thu, 04-13-2006, 12:35 PM
did it say anything like 2weeks left in fillers lol im at my boys house and cant download it yet >.<

Aramis
Thu, 04-13-2006, 12:44 PM
this episode wasn't too bad...
Akahoshi gets props from me, a villain that doens't waste opportunities :P he's kinda weak though...
Anyway, how will Naruto and Sumaru's mom survive the gas ravine? Possibilities include the following:

a) Naruto erects massive fox chakra barrier to protect them
b) Naruto uses Rasengan in some ridiculous manner to save them
c) Naruto grabs an edge/Sumaru's mom uses the chakra wings for a cheesy survival, even though they clearly don't have the time/positioning/room
d) The whole gas thing is actually fake
e) Naruto farts real hard, exchanging the deadly gas to a less lethal one

I can't wait to see...

masamuneehs
Thu, 04-13-2006, 01:14 PM
well the storyline here certainly took a turn for the predictable crappy worst rather fast... not that we could expect much better from Naruto fillers...

and DB's "2 weeks of filler left, if you believe it maybe it'll come true" is anything but promising...

This episode was pretty crappy. Not alot of good animation, very little enjoyable action, crap plot twists (who didn't see one of Sumaru's parents being the thief?).

As for Akahoshi being a smart villain, I give him some props but he still fucked up real big. You don't ever ever ever throw them into a ravine filled with poisonous gas or into a tank full of sharks or anything like that. They always survive that! Take a knife and slit them from ear to ear while they're knocked out, that's milking the opportunity to the fullest. Also, keeping Sumaru captive in his own house? You can't even get a cave or some other base for your evil operations? Idiot.

looks like next episode is a background episode on the Hidden Star Village and it's great drama, oh i simply cannot wait to learn more about characters I care absolutely nothing for!

Yukimura
Thu, 04-13-2006, 01:45 PM
Wow, I actually didn't mind this episode that much, but after reading the thread I feel like I should hate it too. I thought it was cool that Naruto managed to outsmart a badass ninja, not just overpower her with Kyubi chakra or Rasengan. Most everything else was fairly lame but not devastatingly abysmal, the Lee thing was kinda funny, but I don't think it was a really big deal and Sumaru's mom was pretty cool, she just let her guard down too easily, that wouldn't have worked on Kakashi.

Where was it said that there were two more weeksof filler? I think this arc only has one episode left in it unless they really push it, maybe the whole next ep will be flashback, that could do it. But is there any reason to believe the next arc will be mangaa based?

cugginenter
Thu, 04-13-2006, 04:47 PM
If they start another 26 episode filler arc I will read the manga. I haven't read ahead yet, but its been almost a year that I have waited for Naruto to get back on track and i'm starting to get impatient.

Tonsus
Thu, 04-13-2006, 04:48 PM
It wasn't THAT bad, and it's good to see some character development (even the ones we don't care about) every once in a while.

I'm still wondering how Lee was able to keep himself on the ceilings considering that he is devoid of chakra. He's so badass, he probably just dug his toes into the ceiling to keep himself up.

Genma
Thu, 04-13-2006, 04:55 PM
Wasn't half bad.

For some reason I doubt this season will be a non-filler one. Why would they even include this star village stuff if they were just going to switch back to the main storyline?

It's nice to hope, though...

Monomate
Thu, 04-13-2006, 08:29 PM
It wasn't THAT bad, and it's good to see some character development (even the ones we don't care about) every once in a while.

I'm still wondering how Lee was able to keep himself on the ceilings considering that he is devoid of chakra. He's so badass, he probably just dug his toes into the ceiling to keep himself up.

Rock Lee isn't unable to use chakra! He just isn't able to use tiger-seal based jutsus, and Primary/Secaonday Lotus aren't tiger-seal jutsus, however they do use chakra ( Lee has to open his Chakra gates, etc etc ). Knowing that, Lee could also be able to use the Rasengan ( a non-seal jutsu ), theorically...

Necromas
Thu, 04-13-2006, 09:59 PM
Best part was by far the wall removal jutsu Lee used :)

Lee is able to use chakra, but not any jutsu techniques.

Abilities such as the lotus that rely entirely on pure chakra and physical capability and not hand seals or chakra molding, Lee can use, even potentially the rasengan.

There was some diagram in the show where it shows the bodies chakra, taking raw chakra, and molding it using hand seal jutsu's, you can convert it into the chakra neccessary for ninjutsu and genjutsu techniques. But for techniques that use raw, unmolded chakra, such as concentrating chakra into certain parts of your body for wall walking or a really hard punch, it requires no chakra molding.

Lee is also able to open the bodies chakra gates (up to the 5th gate of 9), enabling him to have such a sheer raw chakra that he can use the lotus techniques (which require no seals or chakra molding).

Terracosmo
Thu, 04-13-2006, 10:15 PM
Nonstop crap as per usual.

The few redeeming parts:

- Lee's jutsu, hilarious.
- Neji.
- Akahoshi's design. I like it. He sucks other than that though.

Oh, to look as good as Sumaru does when you're uncouncious. That would be neat.

Having seen the new opening like 20 times I have decided that it's the best Naruto opening.
In fact, it's the best Naruto song so far.

If you do not agree you are wrong, obviously.

Aeon
Thu, 04-13-2006, 10:45 PM
This ep was pretty good, I'm actually liking the Hidden Star village better then the other non top villages that weve heard of or seen anybody from. And once again Lee and Tenten togather were halarious.

aznroyale
Thu, 04-13-2006, 11:06 PM
ownage when Lee used Ninpou, Kabe-nuke no jutsu

Psyke
Fri, 04-14-2006, 02:49 AM
Lee is able to use chakra, but not any jutsu techniques.

Actually, chakra isn't something ninja's "use". Ninjas use techniques, which I'm sure everyone knows by now that there are 3 main categories, and techniques use chakra. Lee only uses Taijutsu, which like all other techniques uses up chakra. :)

masamuneehs
Fri, 04-14-2006, 06:59 AM
The few redeeming parts:

- Lee's jutsu, hilarious.
- Neji.
- Akahoshi's design. I like it. He sucks other than that though.

I totally forgot all about Lee's 'ninjutsu'. This was much funnier than the barrel sneaking technique. I just wish he'd get some more dialog that wasn't crappy and static outside of scenes with just him and Ten-ten.

Filler Neji is finally getting better. After the Curry of Life arc I was worried they'd always portray him as a rather crappy squad leader who could get knocked out by one too many tamalies...

Akahoshi's design? You serious? His outfit is pretty cool, but his actual face is fucking standard villain garbage. I still admire the guy for using his wits. He is an absolute coward and pansy however. Talking all big and then screaming like a little girl against that masked ninja.... that's pathetic for a leader of a village.

Oh, to look as good as Sumaru does when you're uncouncious. That would be neat.

... oh Terra.... :cool:

ShinobiNiNaritai
Fri, 04-14-2006, 02:12 PM
LOL masamuneeh
For this episode I won't begrudge it some props when you compare with some of the really bad fillers we've seen in the past. It has actually been able to "barely" hold my attention and I am interested in finding out how it will all end.....in part also so that we can get on with the real s***.
This episode was ok tho imo.
I somehow think that they are going to have Mizura do something. Something brave to save someone and in the process lose his life or come out kicking some bad ass. Just have to wait and see.

heero
Fri, 04-14-2006, 04:14 PM
I totally forgot all about Lee's 'ninjutsu'. This was much funnier than the barrel sneaking technique. I just wish he'd get some more dialog that wasn't crappy and static outside of scenes with just him and Ten-ten.

Filler Neji is finally getting better. After the Curry of Life arc I was worried they'd always portray him as a rather crappy squad leader who could get knocked out by one too many tamalies...

Akahoshi's design? You serious? His outfit is pretty cool, but his actual face is fucking standard villain garbage. I still admire the guy for using his wits. He is an absolute coward and pansy however. Talking all big and then screaming like a little girl against that masked ninja.... that's pathetic for a leader of a village.

Ya I agree Lee's ninjutsu was pretty damn funny and surprised me when it happened lmao. Ya Neji is getting better but one thing I dont get is how can he NOT see that Naruto turned into a rock? lol can't believe byakugan got tricked by Naruto. And ya that Akahoshi leader guy was a coward. The only thing good about him was his strategies.

darkmetal505
Sat, 04-15-2006, 11:00 AM
The episode was relatively okay. Akahoshi got pwned, that was hilarious. I hate the battle explainations such as Neji's: "oh man, naruto henged into a rock in the midst of the confusion, so the direct attack worked. Amazing, did Naruto really think that?" Pretty cheesy if you ask me.

RyougaZell
Sat, 04-15-2006, 06:51 PM
The fillers have been the downfall of Neji.
Seriously... why can't the filler writers let him stay badass?

First his faces with the damn soup... then ghost thing... now this...

Oh well.

Aperion
Sat, 04-15-2006, 11:09 PM
I share DB's take on this entire filler arc.

"Whatever. I don't even fucking care."

Nai
Mon, 04-17-2006, 09:12 PM
Hm, haven't really cared to comment on other arcs that much due to their sheer worthlessness, but this one was somewhat good by filler standards.

First of all, Sumaru looks good, which is a fucking amazing achievement for a filler arc. Amazing, I tell you. Secondly, the villain has SOME brains. Yes, it could be argued that he's weak, a pansy and so forth. And yes, he certainly is. But at least he isn't yet another of those blithering idiot filler villains. And lastly, Naruto hasn't went "I WON'T FORGIVE YOU!" or used rasengan yet. I predict he will in the next episode, however.

The "my penis is bigger!" exchange between Akahoshi and Natsuhi was amusing too.

Gruden
Tue, 04-18-2006, 06:30 PM
Is there a betting pool yet on how and when rasengan gets used. Im going for naruto rasenganing the meteorite, making it burst in to tiny shards. Which of course would let the villagers still increase their power, but not suffere the side effects :P

BioAlien
Wed, 04-19-2006, 05:52 AM
Is there a betting pool yet on how and when rasengan gets used. Im going for naruto rasenganing the meteorite, making it burst in to tiny shards. Which of course would let the villagers still increase their power, but not suffere the side effects :P

:eek:

that will probably happen... since naruto is a idiot and won't think before doing his move, he will probably try to destroy it, but will end up with small shards that people will be able to use like pendant to increase they power (that sound a bit like inuyasha.. no?)