PDA

View Full Version : xxxHOLiC TV

2:25
Mon, 04-10-2006, 01:07 AM
Episode 1 (http://www.point-blank.cc:16384/allowed/torrent.php/[Kyuu]_xxxHOLiC_-_01[CBF8B340].avi.torrent) is out from Kyuuketsuki.

I haven't watched it yet, but I have high hopes.

Summary (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=6052)

Munsu
Mon, 04-10-2006, 01:38 AM
I haven't seen it either, but it should be highly recommended for those who watched and liked Tsubasa Chronicles...

Anyways, here's the link for the thread for the movie that was released a couple of months ago in case any of you missed it:

http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=11099

Yukimura
Mon, 04-10-2006, 03:15 AM
Is the animation for the series like it was in the movie? The premise seemed interesting enough but the animation style litereally made me nauseous (sp?). I don't think I can watch the series if it's going to look the way it did in the movie.

masamuneehs
Mon, 04-10-2006, 08:10 AM
looks like Shinsen is doing this series as well, first episode out
Shinsen Subs - xxxHOLiC - episode 1 (http://bt.shinsen-subs.org/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D_xxxHOLiC_-_01_%5B88F4B52C%5D.avi.torrent)

RyougaZell
Mon, 04-10-2006, 08:25 AM
And just when I left the Kyuketsuki's version downloading at home Shinsen-subs comes out with theirs...

Damn. Whoever watched the Kyu version... are they good? I haven't heard of that group before...

Maybe I'll have to re-download the Shinsen version...

Fiss240
Mon, 04-10-2006, 01:04 PM
I watched kyuu's version of kyou no go no ni and it was very pretty visually but had terrible translations. They just started up recently, I'd give them some time to cleanup their subbing process before relying on them for any anime series. I'm downloading shs' version, I can't wait (loved the movie).

RyougaZell
Mon, 04-10-2006, 01:09 PM
Thnks for telling me.
I'll delete kyus version then and start downloading shinsen's.
In 20 minutes I have lunch break so I'll go home and do so.

IFHTT
Mon, 04-10-2006, 02:06 PM
Is is just me or is anyone else getting major jumps in speed while downloading the Shinsen sub? It started out fine and keeps bouncing back and forth between 30kb/s+ and 500b/s? I figured it was just my shitty connection but all my other torrents downloaded fine. There are plenty of seeders too...
@ Fiss240 below: Ok thanks, it must be my shitty connection then.. Time to toy around with all the routers...

final edit: Alright it was on my end... Getting good speeds now.
Ouch. that neg rep wiped the floor with me lol. I wasn't whining about speeds, just making sure it was my problem... :(

Fiss240
Mon, 04-10-2006, 02:23 PM
Mine was pretty steady, downloaded really fast too.

I just watched the first episode, I loved the opening and ending songs. I also really liked the style and humor of this episode, I hope it continues at this level for the whole series.

Ryllharu
Mon, 04-10-2006, 02:33 PM
The series is running a little different from the manga. I wasn't expecting Mokona to show up until they did the Tsubasa Chronicle cross-over eps. (If you watch the first couple eps of TRC, you can see Watanuki in the background). Since in the manga the Mokonas do not appear until then, I wonder how they will tie it in now.

I did see some of my favorite parts of the manga in the OP, and I'll be looking forward to some of those hopefully. If they don't show up, I probably won't mind in the end, because I really enjoy this series (loved the movie). It is probably one of the deeper series I follow. Yuuko's words (especially wonderful when delivered by Sayaka Ohara) almost always have some deep meaning when she's not getting drunk.

RyougaZell
Mon, 04-10-2006, 03:35 PM
Reading those comments I really want to see the ep now... and how the changes will affect future events.

If they make it believable, Mokona's introduction, and it does not interfere with the "crossover" with the past TRC series it shall be fine.

We just need to remember that TRC has double tankubons than xxxHOLIC.

Being a CLAMP addict I can't miss this one :D

Munsu
Mon, 04-10-2006, 03:38 PM
I haven't seen it yet, but when does this really take place? Before or after Tsubasa Chronicles... Because, if it's before, then there shouldn't be too big of a problem with the introduction of Mokona.

Ryllharu
Mon, 04-10-2006, 03:56 PM
The only real difference is that the Black Mokona awakens in this eps rather than both at the same time do when they have to give one off to Syaoran at the end of the first volume of xxxHolic.

Chronologically, xxxHolic starts before TRC, they meet after Watanuki is apprenticed to Yuuko, but they run parallel to each other for the most part once they meet. Thinking on it now, it probably will not be too much of an issue.

The next eps continues to follow the manga, at least by what was shown in the preview.

EDIT: If you were a fan of TRC, you at the least have to watch the crossover eps. Yuuko says a considerable amount about Sakura and Syaoran in the manga after they leave. For me, it made some of the scenes in TRC more touching. I do not know how much of it they will cover in the series, but read the chapters if you have to (the last chapter of vol 1 and the first of vol 2 are the crossover chapters).

Munsu
Tue, 04-11-2006, 07:21 AM
Mishicorp version:

http://a.scarywater.net/mishicorp/[Mishicorp]%20xxxHOLIC%2001.avi%20[117.3MB].torrent

Aramis
Tue, 04-11-2006, 05:03 PM
I like CLAMP anime, although chronicle was kinda meh :P
But this seems awesome!

RyougaZell
Tue, 04-11-2006, 11:26 PM
Just saw the first ep and... wow.
I liked the added girl who wished to see spirits part.
The Mokona part was... weird... but I guess it really does not affect much.

EDIT:
Removed spoiler.

Munsu
Tue, 04-11-2006, 11:40 PM
OK, manga refferences will stop here and now...

That mainly goes to RyougaZell and Ryllharu... we know this takes place in the Tsubasa Chronicles world, but stop mentioning when the crossover will take place and such.

Ryllharu
Wed, 04-12-2006, 09:40 AM
Gladly done. I was only initially concerned in the differences, before realizing they will not effect it at all.

I'd much rather others enjoy watching it as much as I enjoy reading it.

This series is one of my particular favorites.

Ryllharu
Sat, 04-15-2006, 07:15 PM
Bump for a question: What is the quality on Mishicorps subs? They've only popped up recently, and typically, that tends to be portent to poor quality (not always true, Koi's AIR was probably the best). Has anyone tried their releases?

Also: (Mishicorps) xxxHolic Eps 2 (http://a.scarywater.net/mishicorp/%5BMishicorp%5D%20xxxHOLIC%2002.avi%20%5B164.7MB%5 D%20CB4D7E31.torrent)

RyougaZell
Tue, 04-18-2006, 10:52 PM
Shinsen-Subs xxxHOLiC ep 2
-> http://bt.shinsen-subs.org/%5BShinsen-Subs%5D_xxxHOLiC_-_02_%5BE0BF80E5%5D.avi.torrent

Just watched and well... they toned it down from the manga version...
And a reference to another series was cutted out.

I was going to say something else, but then noticed it was a spoiler so I deleted it... oh well

Munsu
Mon, 04-24-2006, 12:20 AM
For those of you that know the story, do you recommend watching the movie before the series? Or does the movie spoil anything?

RyougaZell
Mon, 04-24-2006, 12:29 AM
For those of you that know the story, do you recommend watching the movie before the series? Or does the movie spoil anything?

Like most anime-movies, this has an original story.
If you've already watched eps 1 and 2, it wont spoil you anything, since you should know the characters already.

Watch it, its really good.
Beware, being a CLAMP fan I'm biased though.

Ryllharu
Mon, 04-24-2006, 06:10 AM
You can actually even watch it first. The only disadvantage is you wouldn't already know the characters. As RyougaZell said, eps 2 or 3, you'll have a perfect understanding of the pre-existing relationships between the characters.

The score is really good, fits the movie very well. If you like the show I highly recommend the film.

Munsu
Mon, 04-24-2006, 06:24 AM
Well if there's pre-existing relationship in the movie that is better explained in the TV series, then that would mean that it would be best to watch some episodes of the TV series before watching the movie.

Ryllharu
Mon, 04-24-2006, 07:13 AM
The only things ultimately you need to know is that Watanuki works for Yuuko, that he dislikes Domeki, and that he likes Himawari, all of which is introduced in the first 5 minutes of the movie as well. If you watch the series, you get a little more background, but its the same in the end.

SamuraiOdin
Sat, 04-29-2006, 11:53 PM
Mishi ep 4
http://a.scarywater.net/mishicorp/%5BMishicorp%5D%20xxxHOLIC%2004%20%5B148.2MB%5D%20 9948BDD6.avi.torrent

Church
Wed, 07-05-2006, 01:07 AM
Is anyone still watching this? it's already to 13 episodes now http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/788.html

RyougaZell
Wed, 07-05-2006, 08:19 AM
I've downloaded up to ep 8, but haven't seen one since ep 3.
I need to get on current... I'll get mishicorp subs later...

Just watched 6 Tsubasa eps in a row last weekend, and im getting 8 hack episodes now...

Shinsen-subs got so slow hack and XXXHolic are way ahead... so I finally gave up on them, and started searching for other groups (Tsubasa's case was dattebayo)

Mae
Sun, 10-08-2006, 10:30 PM
I just finished this series, and I really enjoyed it. Different from Clamp's other works, but in a good way. I liked the ghosts and the creepiness factor as well as the stuff that was just pure fantasy (the demon parade, the talking flowers). Watanuki is a great lead and doesn't really fit in to the main stereotypes (not a I-will-not-fail! hero, but not useless/cowardly either). I really liked Yuuko's VA, and the character too (an actual adult), and I really want to see the next season.

Oh, and the disembodied hand in the last episode seriously creeped me out :O

Harima Kenji
Mon, 10-09-2006, 09:52 AM
Is the version from mishicorp watchable, or is there another group that still does it? Shinsen has dropped it, so I'm now looking for a decent group to download 12+ from.

RyougaZell
Mon, 10-09-2006, 10:45 AM
Mishicorp's torrents are down due to the license.
Your best bet is finding a batch torrent on tokyo toshokan (sp?) or mIRC.

I just watched ep 11 yesterday... I still have ep 12 to 24 stored in the PC as well.

I like the series, but feel the manga is better... which is currently being serialized montly in spanish here in Mexico.

Ep 11 was badly messed up... Zashiki Warashi (sp?) giving a gift for mid-year instead of Valentines? It ruined the White Day ep... dunno if it was aired though... I'll see the eps other day...