PDA

View Full Version : One Piece 182

GLS
Fri, 04-07-2006, 06:23 PM
http://tracker.kaizoku-fansubs.com/torrents/%5BK-F%5D_One_Piece_182_%5BDAC99409%5D.mp4.torrent

So... download and enjoy! :D

xDarkMaster
Fri, 04-07-2006, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the link!

Deblas
Fri, 04-07-2006, 07:12 PM
aha!

<dythim> HTTP : http://drake.uni.cc http://makino.doesntexist.org http://luffy-pirates.com/onepiece
<dythim> Torrent : http://tracker.kaizoku-fansubs.com/torrents/[K-F]_One_Piece_182_[DAC99409].mp4.torrent

Harima Kenji
Fri, 04-07-2006, 08:47 PM
Spoilers for this ep:

:eek: I was right on target with my prediction :eek: (see 179 discussion)
Never thought that they would actually apply those rules of physics... now I'm REALLY starting to wonder how they're gonna make this fight interesting.. I somehow doubt that Luffy will just kick Enel around like a ragdoll for 20 minutes next ep :p
On the other hand, it might me cool to see :D:D

xDarkMaster
Fri, 04-07-2006, 09:06 PM
I've read the manga and the fight is pretty interesting, not the best, but still good.

Can't wait for the fight to start!

DarthEnderX
Sat, 04-08-2006, 03:57 AM
Nobody gives a shit if you've read the manga or not.

Episode was a huge cocktease, didn't even get started till the last 2 minutes! But yeah, Luffy is immune to Enel's attacks, and being rubber also makes him able to hit Enel. Enel better have some dials or something or he's in for a straight up ass beating.

Seriously, that look on Enel's face...that shit was hysterical.

Assertn
Sat, 04-08-2006, 02:57 PM
Spoilers for this ep:

:eek: I was right on target with my prediction :eek: (see 179 discussion)
Never thought that they would actually apply those rules of physics... now I'm REALLY starting to wonder how they're gonna make this fight interesting.. I somehow doubt that Luffy will just kick Enel around like a ragdoll for 20 minutes next ep :p
On the other hand, it might me cool to see :D:D

If by "right on target with your prediction" you mean "agreed with assertn's prediction made prior to the 179 discussion" then yes, you were right on target ;)

Was this episode the first time they referred to people with unique characteric fruit properties like luffy as "paramecia type"?

Deblas
Sat, 04-08-2006, 05:29 PM
Gotta love Enel's face when he saw that none of his attacks were working lol. And I just love it when Luffy replaces his trademark grin with a death glare.

The scene where he reached Maxim was pretty cool. It kind of felt like the knight going to save the damsel in distress thing. Though the music didn't seem to fit that scene imo. Can't wait for the next episode though. The real fight begins!

@Assertn: I think they mentioned the Zoan type fruit in Drum and Robin mentioned the Logia type fruit somewhere in this arc.

Assertn
Sat, 04-08-2006, 05:31 PM
Well i know about zoan and logia type....i was wondering if this was the first time they explicitely reference paramecia type.

dragonrage
Sat, 04-08-2006, 05:44 PM
great episode, can't wait to see the next .Finally the battle begins. and the there will be more streching action, lol luffy beating up a "god" what the pirate world coming too. Also i wonder what would happen to Enel if he fell in water.... that will be a shocking experience i am sure but will he sink or just be gone?

Augury
Sat, 04-08-2006, 05:51 PM
He'd sink, since devil fruit powers dont work when the user falls into the water.

Deblas
Sat, 04-08-2006, 05:52 PM
Well i know about zoan and logia type....i was wondering if this was the first time they explicitely reference paramecia type.

Ohh...well yeah, I think so. I don't recall someone mentioning it before Enel.

And I always wondered about this. It looks like Enel removed his wings and replaced them with those drums...Ouch.

Harima Kenji
Sat, 04-08-2006, 06:34 PM
If by "right on target with your prediction" you mean "agreed with assertn's prediction made prior to the 179 discussion" then yes, you were right on target ;)

Was this episode the first time they referred to people with unique characteric fruit properties like luffy as "paramecia type"?
I haven't read all of the ep discussions :p
Let's just say: We were both right :)

Munsu
Sat, 04-08-2006, 08:31 PM
Why don't we say we were all right? Anyone that has any sense of logic would've guessed that a Rubberman wouldn't be affected by electricity.

Assertn
Sat, 04-08-2006, 09:41 PM
Yeah right Bud......you were TOTALLY surprised when you first saw it in the manga.

BioAlien
Sun, 04-09-2006, 01:27 AM
haha i laughed for like 10 min after i saw that
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/5547/haha9ic.jpg

this episode was great

i hope they release the next episode fast, i realy want to see that battle

docdan63
Sun, 04-09-2006, 02:11 AM
everyone gets to post and don't because i didn't even get to see the whole eps. Yeaaaahhh ummm those eps from both those links stop at a certain point and play audio but not video and i need help fixing that, anyone got any suggestions?

Jadugar
Sun, 04-09-2006, 03:23 AM
Yes, you are right. This is the first time.

Ohh...well yeah, I think so. I don't recall someone mentioning it before Enel.
Wiper mentioned it before Enel in one of the early episodes of Skypiea.

This was a great episode. The look on Enel’s face was priceless. He definitely has met his match. Lets hope he has more to offer than just lightening. I am certainly looking forward to the finale of this arc.

Assertn
Sun, 04-09-2006, 04:07 AM
I wonder what other types would be able to combat lightning...

Like take Mr. 1 for example....Enel to him would be like lightning striking a flag pole, it would just pass right through without inflicting any damage to it. Mr. 1 Might even be able to redirect Enel's lightning.

docdan63
Sun, 04-09-2006, 11:37 AM
can anyone please let me know if and/or why those eps are doing that because i'd really like to know.

Konohamaru
Sun, 04-09-2006, 01:03 PM
No0o0o0o This video don't work for me! It used to work on winamp right off the bat but now it don't and I've downloaded various codecs for it and still no go. Any help here? Why can't they just make it a AVI file...*sigh*

Augury
Sun, 04-09-2006, 02:32 PM
can anyone please let me know if and/or why those eps are doing that because i'd really like to know.You should probably clarify what "that" is if you want your question to be answered.

EDIT:

No0o0o0o This video don't work for me! It used to work on winamp right off the bat but now it don't and I've downloaded various codecs for it and still no go. Any help here? Why can't they just make it a AVI file...*sigh*Get CCCP (http://cccp-project.net/) and CCCP Insurgent. Run insurgent first and uninstall your existing codecs before installing CCCP. Next time please visit kAi's very helpful and stickied Codecs and Players (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=9598) thread in the General Support forum.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 04-09-2006, 02:40 PM
Why don't we say we were all right? Anyone that has any sense of logic would've guessed that a Rubberman wouldn't be affected by electricity.From a purely scientific standpoint, yes. But then, Luffy is effected by alot of things he SHOULD be immune to if he's made of rubber. Punches for example.

Assertn
Sun, 04-09-2006, 03:07 PM
From a purely scientific standpoint, yes. But then, Luffy is effected by alot of things he SHOULD be immune to if he's made of rubber. Punches for example.

I don't recall punches actually doing that much to him........

Deblas
Sun, 04-09-2006, 03:21 PM
No0o0o0o This video don't work for me! It used to work on winamp right off the bat but now it don't and I've downloaded various codecs for it and still no go. Any help here? Why can't they just make it a AVI file...*sigh*

This is from the K-F site. It tells you what you need.
http://kaizoku-fansubs.com/page.php?pg=codecs

Raven
Mon, 04-10-2006, 02:29 AM
ROFL @ Enel's face. I laughed for ages after that.

Fucking awesome last few minutes. I was cheering.

Need 183! OMG like now!

6Zabuza9
Mon, 04-10-2006, 03:27 AM
lmfao enel's face was priceless whn none of the attacks worked on luffy

docdan63
Mon, 04-10-2006, 05:27 PM
yeah it was pretty great i agree

BioAlien
Wed, 04-12-2006, 11:31 PM
i love rewatching the last part of this episode (when luffy finally arive) and watch the priceless look on enel face.. :p

ChaosK
Wed, 04-12-2006, 11:53 PM
haha, now that i've finally caught up to 182, i must say that was a very predictable reasoning on luffy vs enel. Enel's face was priceless, but i'm sure he has something else up his sleeve.

poopdeville
Fri, 04-14-2006, 12:03 AM
I don't recall punches actually doing that much to him........

I seem to remember him getting really bloodied up during a fist fight. I don't remember who he fought exactly. Perhaps it was his second fight with Crocodile (who is still the baddest bad guy in One Piece). I'm pretty sure it happened, since I remember being really surprised that Luffy got hurt that bad. (In fact, now that I think of it, I'm pretty sure it was the second Crocodile fight since Luffy used his own blood as a liquid to counteract Crocodile's sand powers)

At any rate, here's my prediction for the Luffy / Enel fight. Luffy is made of rubber, which burns. So I predict that Enel is going to come up with a technique to heat up the ground beneath Luffy's feet or even the air around his body to try to burn Luffy up.

Raven
Fri, 04-14-2006, 09:16 AM
Remember when that Baroque Works exploding guy kept kicking him in the face and it did nothing? No bludgeoning attacks should ever have any effect, and generally they don't. Sometimes he gets a bit bruised but it doesn't really do much.

One dumb part I remember is when Vivi kept slapping him in the face multiple times and he got a blood lip. I guess I can let it slide though. ;)

Assertn
Fri, 04-14-2006, 01:09 PM
One dumb part I remember is when Vivi kept slapping him in the face multiple times and he got a blood lip. I guess I can let it slide though. ;)

Maybe rubber expands with enough friction burns :o

Er wait...I'm thinking of the super fat lip he had when sanji beat his and usopp's ass after the satori fight.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 04-14-2006, 08:37 PM
Well, comical injuries don't count. He gets huge bumps on his head whenever Nami hits him not because she's actually injuring him, but because anime convention dictates that when a girl knocks you over the head you develop a huge lump.

dragonrage
Sat, 04-15-2006, 12:42 AM
this episode was enjoyable as usual, loving the fight between enel and luffy. He never ceases to amaze me.

yeah i agree with darthender there are different instances where seeing him blooded up or bandaged up is funny, and it adds to the comical factor. But if you remember when he is fight seriously with someone he doesn't get injured easily. The very first episode when he got him by the club nothing happened to him. I guess it all depends on what the situation is, and who he is fighting against. The crocodile fight is the one fight he ws bleeding quite badly, because so far besides enel crocodile was the strongest opponent he had not to mention that bleeding actually helped him. Even when he was fighting capitain krege he did get that much injuries or when fighting the leader of the mermadians.

Raven
Sat, 04-15-2006, 08:05 PM
Well, Luffy can be cut. Crocodile's sand attacks were slashing, so they break the skin. Luffy seems to be immune to bludgeoning attacks but not slashing or piercing. So it doesn't surprise me that he bled so much during his battle with Crocodile.

Splash!
Sun, 04-16-2006, 01:09 PM
Ok fine, Luffy is a rubberman so lightning won't affect him. I don't get why Luffy is able to hit enel though. Sure luffy is his natural enemy and all but that doesnt mean he should be able to hurt enel. Why don't luffy's punches go through enel like everything else we have seen so far. I am supposed to assume that rubber somehow 'solidifies' energy, i.e lightning, and consequently enel can get hurt?? This reminds me of when luffy fought crocodile. He was able to hurt a dude made of sand just because he was wet! Makes little sense, but hey, it was fun to watch Enel getting clobbered so i shouldnt complain about how a cartoon doesnt always follow the laws of physics.

Augury
Sun, 04-16-2006, 06:50 PM
When we're presented with a character with the ability to turn his body into an "element" (smoke, fire, sand, lightning), they have to have some sort of weakness or way of getting hurt other than falling into water or else they'd be practically invincible. Coming in contact with something which is less affected or treated differently by the element is probably the best that Oda can come up with. Personally I don't see how logia fruit users can even be killed if they don't drown (apart from One Piece's tendency to allow only unimportant / unnamed characters to actually die)

ChaosK
Mon, 04-17-2006, 12:02 AM
hey! OP has a little bit of the laws of physics, lets not go crazy with it though. however, when luffy found out that crocodile could be hit when wet...it amazed me he thought of it, this time...well he's just punching without a clue :p

Munsu
Wed, 04-19-2006, 03:02 AM
Well episode 183 is being encoded, so hopefully it'll be release within the next coupled days; for those interested...

About Luffy being able to hit Enel, maybe rubber causes that much of a disruption to what Enel is made of that it hurts him, can't you simply see it that way? Anyways, who cares about physics, this is the world of One Piece, different natural laws apply.

Raven
Wed, 04-19-2006, 07:34 AM
Well Enel's lightning can't effect the rubber, by the same logic the rubber can like, strike the lightning, or something. Works for me.

ChaosK
Wed, 04-19-2006, 01:13 PM
maybe rubber...solidifies lightning? i dont know.