PDA

View Full Version : Bleach 75-76 Discussion

Kraco
Wed, 04-05-2006, 05:22 AM
DB sub link:

Episode 75-76 - Dattebayo (http://yhbt.mine.nu/t/b75-76.torrent)

Well, this episode wasn't all bad. In fact it got a good stride to a better direction. It still suffered from bad action, but it looks like it was now more a decision dictated by the plot and pacing than lack of script writing or funds. The plot itself doesn't seem to be exactly brilliant, but at least it's tolerable so far, despite the lack of ingenuity.

One thing that bothered me, though: Where was Ichigo aiming at with his shikai? It seems to me like he was just aiming to ruin the mansion. Well, I suppose it pisses off the host if you break his house, but in a battle for life and death, it might be wiser to finish off the enemy, not his house.

The Shinigami's Illutrated Picture Book was absolutely great, though! I don't claim to understand what the hell it was all about, but it was excellent nonetheless.

dman
Wed, 04-05-2006, 05:45 AM
wasnt this suppose to be a 2hour special...

and there was no next ep preview either

ES
Wed, 04-05-2006, 08:11 AM
I dont care if it doesnt show any preview but I think I know that some of Caps are going to the real world. And the thought of that is enough for me. The quality of the plot also does not bother, as it still is better compared to the naruto fillers. Love the new opening and ending theme. One questionthough, are they actually going to use those compact soul pez dispensers? o_O

Knives122
Wed, 04-05-2006, 08:48 AM
I haven't watched the ep yet. but I did get ahold of the op/ed and I must say: they actually make me think the fillers will be good.

Bleach op. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzq1algcQA4)

Bleach ed. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6qxOWzId64)

Although I have been deceived before....

masamuneehs
Wed, 04-05-2006, 09:41 AM
thanks Knives, its nice to have a link to the OP and ED for those who aren't watching the filler. Some of my thoughts on the OP:

After the 'Duck pez dispenser thingy' (what was its stupid name again?) pops you see several Shinigamis leaving their 'human forms', suggesting that they're going to take part in this filler fiasco set in the Human World

Byakuya in a crisp looking suit, weird hair things still in
Renji in the dirty hippy outfit
Hitsugaya in a suit with some red tie or something
Matsumoto (same shot as Hitsugaya, from behind) in a white shirt and a ponytail

an OP entirely dedicated to filler (barf). Aside from it being all filler oriented, I also didn't like the song and some of the sequences used in it. The rolling CDs and some of the TV panel shots come to mind. Felt like they were trying too hard to re-create something from the ~Asterisk~ OP vein....

The new ED - pretty good track, rather basic sequences. I liked it. Some super stylish outfits and the ending with all the ladies sitting together is nice. Anyone notice it focus on Hitsugaya for an absurdly long time?

DarthEnderX
Wed, 04-05-2006, 12:03 PM
Yeah, the more I watch this filler arc, the more I like it. It's just miles better than the Naruto ones.

And yeah, the arc is pretty much dedicated to the Bountou, so...I'm expecting an entire season of this arc. Which doesn't bother me too much anymore. I mean, they gotta do it, and they are getting better at it instead of worse.

That bit where Ichigo asked why the stuffed animals didn't just put each other in their bodies just cracked me up. And also confirmed for me that Ichigo has a little girls comatose body stuffed in his closet somewhere. I'm really looking forward to the hilarity that will bring up at some point(seriously, doesn't it make sense to give the girl to Inoue?).

Paithan
Wed, 04-05-2006, 12:53 PM
What's all this stuff about DB getting taken over by FUNimation? X_x

Deadfire
Wed, 04-05-2006, 01:10 PM
What's all this stuff about DB getting taken over by FUNimation? X_x

April fool's joke

Well this was both refreshing and some what confusing in parts. Logic seems to be lost in these fillers in both events and animation. As I've said before if I focus on the bad when I liked it, it's hard for me to point out what sucked with out insulting myself.

Therefore, thats the end of my comments

(Stupid running animation, why with different animations of running do they go the same speed?)

Yukimura
Wed, 04-05-2006, 03:15 PM
The OP and ED show a clear affinity for charachtes in snappy designer clothing which seems to be taking over the show from the outside in. I didn't really vibe with either song, which makes me sad since i've liked every Bleach OP and ED since Asterisk. As to the fillers, they do seem to be getting better. I think there's actually a coherant plot now, and while it probobly won't live up to the rest of the show it has a chance to not be an embarassment to the show. Ichinose's Shikai looks very intriguing, I hope more gets revealed about him and as well as his power later on.

burnout
Wed, 04-05-2006, 05:14 PM
oh man i watched this ep and i really liked it

cant wait till ep 77

dspR
Wed, 04-05-2006, 05:52 PM
Even though Ichigo can't get bankai in the real world (yet), I'd love to see Ichigo just wipe the floor with the Bountou. This episode made me yell bankai.
Anyways, at least we get a Shinigami battle. These Bountou summon battles need a little rest.
I liked the ending better than the opening. The opening doesn't have that Bleach feel to it, for some reason.

Kraco
Wed, 04-05-2006, 06:33 PM
Aye. A proper Shinigami battle was long overdue, especially after the endless battles against those water brothers. The summon fights certainly were mostly stupid and suffered greatly from lack of real action, probably exactly due to the difficulty of balancing and pacing such fights (as the question why attack the summons instead of the summoner never got answered). And it looks like Ichigo can only fight properly against Hollows and other Shinigami, anyway...

DDBen
Wed, 04-05-2006, 06:54 PM
Well I thought they said in 73-74 if the doll is destroyed then so is the bound. Apparently I either missed something or thye just explained it better that the seal needs to be destroyed to kill the Bound.

Anyway terrible two part episode it just felt slow and uninspired and the entire plot line continues to contradict and complicate the manga plot which doesn't boad well for the future.

Oh and the opening was WAY better for me then the ending although both of them sucked horribly. Make the hurting stop and get this arc to end asap.

Knives122
Wed, 04-05-2006, 07:25 PM
I liked the Shinigami cup Golden that happened at the end with Byakuya randomly being in the VC council

darkshadow
Wed, 04-05-2006, 08:05 PM
byakuya at VC meeting, 10000x better then the entire ep

xDarkMaster
Wed, 04-05-2006, 09:25 PM
Last week was a hour long 73 special, so it was 73 and 74.

lilphatboi88
Thu, 04-06-2006, 03:02 AM
Wasn't this supposed to be 2 hours?

masamuneehs
Thu, 04-06-2006, 03:15 AM
stop being so fucking retarded. Two part episode doesn't mean two hours...

whoever said that this would be two hours was obviously wrong. Doesn't matter who said it, it fucking doesn't matter now that it's out and only 1 hour long... You actually want another hour of this crap?

DarthEnderX
Thu, 04-06-2006, 03:29 AM
Actually it WAS a 2 hour special. But it was a special shared with another show, which also aired it's own 2 episodes.

2 different shows, 4 episodes, 2 hours, 1 special.

My main complaint about the new opening is that japanese guys singing in english with a really heavy japanese accent always sounds like shit. Like the singers got down syndrome.

If you're gonna sing the song in english anyway, just pay for an english speaking singer.

heero
Thu, 04-06-2006, 05:39 AM
openning sucked. dont like listening to those crappy english...the show was ok though. not TOO bad. glad that snake guy is dead. always hated him....

Kraco
Thu, 04-06-2006, 05:50 AM
I wish Ichigo had killed the snake fellow. I wouldn't want Bleach to be one of those series where only bad guys can kill. But it seems like it is...

RedX1z
Thu, 04-06-2006, 06:44 AM
i give this episode a 9/10, just because nova came back, though him and the other 2 got knocked out like nothing. the episode did get better, especially loved it when ichigo stated the obvious and the stupified reaction of their faces "why don't you just help each other out of your stuffed animal bodies?". i'll also say that that shinigami has a flashy soul slayer..

my opinion on the new opening and ending is that it's okay, not just too great.. 7/10?

dragonrage
Thu, 04-06-2006, 04:33 PM
This filler wasn't that bad. Infact it was better than most. Hey atleast there is gonna be some quality action up ahead, between ichigo and maki and ichigo and the bounty leader. It might actually be interesting to find out exactly what all the bounty's dolls' are, and their powers'. Especially the leader, seems he has attained some higher power.... you never know, this could be where ichigo regains his bankai and learns more about it. And we also learned that Rukia is alot more powerful than she seems.... can't wait to see what she can do, seeing that they never mention what seat she occupied.

Also there is some trace evidence that Zaraki will be involved, and when is it not good when he is involved? It would atleast be funny with Yachiru there lol..... anyways looking forward to the next episode, and can't wait until they get back to the main story line.

And as darkshadow said the golden cup clip was almost the best part, with the 6th captain at the vice captain's meeting..... "banana is a fruit.....it is good for the body"... lol.

And Nova is cool...

DarthEnderX
Fri, 04-07-2006, 12:18 AM
Nova rules. He makes the Naruto ninja run cool again!

Vokalyzd Harmony
Fri, 04-07-2006, 09:40 PM
uh i dont wanna post any spoilers but doesn't a lot of the manga storyline ruined by the fillers?

sangai
Fri, 04-07-2006, 11:18 PM
is the filler over, or is it kinda like what they did with naruto, a 3 month long filler arc? i havn't downloaded a few eps in a while so im kinda curious of whats goin on, anyone give me a heads up on if the filler is even decent?

Kraco
Sat, 04-08-2006, 03:56 AM
The Naruto fillers have been running for FAR longer than 3 months. They started last autumn, or something. And whether the Bleach fillers are decent or not has been answered as well as it can ever be answered in these discussion threads, I think. Some episodes have been outright bad, so have been decent. As far as filler can ever be. However, if they were really horrible, I don't think we would have been watching them all this time.

djblingsingh
Sat, 04-08-2006, 02:35 PM
um im a bit confused, on the doll chaning thing, what exactly happend?

they helped each other out or something else? and was there any reason behind going to different areas to change?

overall the episode was alright. now i just cant wait for the next one to come out even if its a filler. finally a good shinigami battle in a while

Xyrox
Sat, 04-08-2006, 04:03 PM
um im a bit confused, on the doll chaning thing, what exactly happend?

they helped each other out or something else? and was there any reason behind going to different areas to change?

They are mod souls, right. They simply had to take out their "souls" (the round thing) and put it in their "real" bodies - that's the reason going to different locations. And why couldn't they do it themselves? The same reason why you can't strangle yourself with your hands :rolleyes:.*

(If you're really skilled, maybe you can. But I hope you get my point.)

djblingsingh
Sat, 04-08-2006, 07:08 PM
yeah yeah i got ya thanks

just the dialogue kinda scewed me up so i was like wtf

thanks

this episode was kinda slower paced than normal, i felt it was going longer than it was suposed to. meh, i jus wanna see the new ishida after he supposedly either regians his powers, or releases some of his inner powers or something im not sure, but observing from the previous fillers im pretty sure he will get powers and probably kill kariya

either taht or he pulls a sasuke:p

good episode

DarthEnderX
Mon, 04-10-2006, 10:50 PM
The Naruto fillers have been running for FAR longer than 3 months. They started last autumn, or something.Last May actually. It's been almost a year.