PDA

View Full Version : Manga: Mahou Sensei Negima

RyougaZell
Tue, 04-04-2006, 09:03 AM
Ok. First of all, I did a search and found only 2 threads talking about the manga in the manga section. But with the current rules of the forum they should be on the Request forum, besides... they are from 2004. So... I am doing this thread.

Mahou Sensei Negima is the current work of Ken Akamatsu, creator of Love Hina. As of April 4, 2006, the manga is at its 131 chapter, which marks the beginning of Volume 15 (or 14?), or which 9 have been published in America.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/th_negima.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/negima.jpg)

(Click on the pictures for full size)

The story centers around Negi Sprinfield, a 10 year old boy who just graduated from Magic School in England. As his final exam, to become a Minister Magi, he must become a school teacher in a All-girl school junior high. His class consists of 31 girls, who bring him all kinds of trouble.

While the story progresses, Negi is forced to make a pactio with several of his students. A pactio if achieved with a kiss to the lips and allows the companion access to a magic artifact.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/th_0312.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/0312.jpg)

*Onwards may contain spoilers*

His students are:

Aisaya Sayo - A Ghost girl that has been trapped in Mahora Gakuen since the 30's

Akashi Yuuna - Sports girl. Likes basketball. Rumor his father, a professor, is a Magister Magi.

Azakura Kazumi - Paparazzi girl.

Ayase Yue - Quiet girl who loves books. Member of the library exploration club (the library is a big dungeon with waterfalls, caves and even a dragon). Her artifact is unknown, but is known to have affiliaton to dark magic.

Izumi Ako - Shy sports girl. Has a long scar all over her back, whose origin is unknown.

Ookochi Akira - Active sports girl. Swimming club.

Kakizaki Misa - Cheerleader. Has developed a plan to "rise" Negi to have him as boyfriend when he is 18 and she 22.

Kagurazaka Asuna - Main female character. Has a bad temper and a mysterious past. Her artifact is a heavysword, or a harisen fan (when not having enough power).

Kasuga Misora - Religious girl. Has made a pactio with an unknown character, can fly and run at high speed with it.

Karakuri Chachamaru - Android developed by Satomi. She is Evangeline's partner.

Kugimiya Madoka - Cheerleader. Is protective of Ako.

Ku Fei - Chinese martial artist. Doesn't fear demons when fighting against them.

Konoe Konoka - Asuna's best friend. Member of library exploration club. Her artifact are priest clothes, which allow her great use of White Magic.

Saotome Haruna - Member of library exploration club. Manga writer. Recently discovered Negi's secret.

Sakurazaki Setsuna - A Shinmeryu expert (same school as Motoko from Love Hina). Defends Konoka with her life. Her pactio gives her more power.

Sasaki Makie - Active sports girl. Gymnastics expert. Can use her ribbon as weapon... perhaps martial gymnastics.

Shiina Sakurako - Hiperactive Cheerleader who loves Karaoke.

Tatsumiya Mana - Mysterious Sniper. Takes any job (demon hunting, protection, supervision) while she gets payed. Has made a pactio with an unknown character.

Lingshien Chao - Genius extraordinaire. Master cook. Villian in turn. Has personal mission of exposing mages.

Nagase Kaede - Ninja in training. Can create Shadow Clones.

Naba Chizuru - Biggest chest of the class. Enough said.

Narutaki Fuuka - Oldest twin. Has a knack for trouble.

Narutaki Fumika - Youngest twin. Hates trouble.

Hakase Satomi - 2nd Genius. Created Chachamaru. Works alongside Chao in her mission.

Hasegawa Chisame - Girl who hates her class. Has double personality, at home she becomes Chiu, Net Idol.

Evangeline AK McDowell - A shinso, or true vampire. Has a curse, placed by Negi's father, that has kept her in Mahora for over 15 years. Seems she was born during the medieval era, when she was turned.

Miyazaki Nodoka - Shy Library Exploration girl. Has a book that can read minds as artifact.

Murakami Natsumi - Normal girl who "adopted" a wolf-boy (she doesn't know) as "little brother". Rather Chizuru adopted him and said he was Natsumi's little brother.

Yukihiro Ayaka - Class president. She is a shotacon.

Yotsuba Satsuki - Class cook. Owns a restaurant along Chao.

Zazie Rainyday - Unknown data. Has long claws in colored pics.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/th_150-151.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/150-151.jpg)

EDIT:
Edited sizes of pictures. Hope it is okay this way.
EDIT2:
Ruined one of the pics. Removed it.

Harima Kenji
Thu, 04-06-2006, 03:06 PM
Negima is the only manga that I'm reading right now.. currently I'm about 5 chapters behind, but I'll catch up soon enough..
The story itself is really cool to read and very addictive. Akamatsu does something that seems to be impossible: have 30+ main characters and give them all a character and some chapters devoted to them :)

Also a good thing in Negima: Nagase Kaede :cool:

RyougaZell
Thu, 04-06-2006, 03:38 PM
that and the fact that his chapters are rich in details
every background is drawn with excellency, and many background characters appear again doing something else later on
or in just the first chapters, before Eva's arc, when between over 200 students you could see 28 of the class students.

aznimperialx
Sat, 04-15-2006, 10:05 PM
Can somewhere tell me how many volumes there are? Right now i have 9 volumes collected.

RyougaZell
Sat, 04-15-2006, 11:34 PM
9 Volumes published in english.

13 Volumes published in Japan.

Volume 14 hasn't a due date yet, but enough material for it has already been published.

Heck, Volume 15 already has material for the first 40 pages as well.

aznimperialx
Sun, 04-16-2006, 12:14 AM
can anyone provide a site for me to download?

Harima Kenji
Sun, 05-14-2006, 08:14 AM
I always get them from StopTazmo.com or Tokyotosho..

EvEnTiNe
Sun, 05-14-2006, 08:03 PM
I got the manga from this site...

http://www.aquastar-anime.net/index.php

budak getah
Sun, 07-02-2006, 06:14 PM
mahou sensei negima 139 scan by aqs

here (http://anip.homeunix.com/manga/index.php?path=Mahou+Sensei+Negima/)

RyougaZell
Wed, 10-25-2006, 08:34 AM
All 151 scanlated chapters of Mahou Sensei Negima! (out of 154) can be found here (http://www.stoptazmo.com/mahou_sensei_negima/)

New chapters of Mahou Sensei Negima! and Negima!? Neo can be found here (http://www.aquastar-anime.net/)

11 Volumes published in english.

16 Volumes published in Japan.

Volume 17 is halfway published via Shounen Jump

Boomstick
Fri, 10-27-2006, 04:18 PM
All 151 scanlated chapters of Mahou Sensei Negima! (out of 154) can be found here (http://www.stoptazmo.com/mahou_sensei_negima/)

New chapters of Mahou Sensei Negima! and Negima!? Neo can be found here (http://www.aquastar-anime.net/)

Thanks for the links RyougaZell been looking for a site where i could find most the scanlations

lambchopsil
Fri, 10-27-2006, 06:25 PM
You really didn't know about StopTazmo? StopTazmo and The Evil Empire (http://s11.invisionfree.com/The_Evil_Empire/index.php?act=idx) are both great places to get any manga (including Negima). And if you can use IRC, try out #lurk at irc.irchighway.net

Dark Dragon
Wed, 09-05-2007, 06:48 PM
Is anyone still reading this? the festival arc is finally finished.

Ryllharu
Wed, 09-05-2007, 06:54 PM
I am. They've now gone to the magic kingdom.

I'd much rather have had Ayaka follow them instead of Yuna, Akira, Ako and Makie. Yuna is the only one who actually appears to have magical lineage (from both mother and father by the looks of it). I don't care if she finds out, sooner or later she probably would have. I definitely would have preferred anyone over Makie, I find her annoying. I know she's really popular in Japan somehow.

Too bad Ayaka is straightlaced enough to actually listen to Asuna's warnings. Her joke Pactio card appeared with the Gold color (Asuna's is red). One of the bonus sections described Gold and Silver as some of the rarest ones.

Dark Dragon
Wed, 09-05-2007, 07:29 PM
here's 187 (http://rapidshare.com/files/53676120/mahou_sensei_negima_c187_by_a_Fan_.rar) that just came out today. The story is really picking up, the last 2 chapters were pretty intense.

RyougaZell
Sat, 11-03-2007, 12:32 PM
I see some are still reading Negima in this forum.
I wish their animated versions weren't crap... I think they hurt Negima instead of helping...

Chapter 194 raw spoilers came out today and Hell yeah... can't wait for them to be scanlated.

Ryllharu
Mon, 11-05-2007, 06:37 AM
I just read the 193 scanlation...and how exactly did Chachamaru change into her little body? As far as I know, the pills won't affect a robot and even if they could, Chachamaru is only like 4 years old. The pills are something like 5 years in either direction.

I wonder who was the robed "normal" person unaccounted for? I hope it's Ayaka, but she's taller than that if I remember right.

RyougaZell
Mon, 11-05-2007, 10:52 PM
Uhh... Ryllharu... read the last page for the 'unaccounted' person.

I need 194 raw... I got a spoiler pic, but won't post it since it seems the few that read Negima here wait for the scanlated version.

On Chachamaru... well... it wouldn't surprise me if Hakase (and Chao before leaving) managed to create an almost real body for Chachamaru. After all, when Evangeline stretched her mouth she thought: "soft".

That... or she is just using an illusion created by either Negi, Chisame or herself (new option after upgrade)

Oh and... 4 years old? She looks like Chi-bi-same's age.

Edit:
Seeing Chibi-Chachamaru's anthenas... I am assuming Chachamaru has her 'other' 2 bodies sealed away and she just summoned her younger version. When she was using her 'other body' Hakase showed she had developed and even younger body.

Ryllharu
Tue, 11-06-2007, 04:15 PM
I grant you the first part. The pictures in the role book are still the original drawings, and they don't always look like their present incarnations. I thought it was Ako.

As for Chachamaru, she is four. Read the student profile for her at or around chapter 19. She was "activated" in 2001 (the volume published in 2004). About a year has passed since then, so she is four years old.

But where did she get the body from? There's no way to transfer anything between the two worlds, and she left the other body with Hakase when the overhaul was completed.

RyougaZell
Tue, 11-06-2007, 09:45 PM
I believe her body was sealed away and she just summoned it. Not from the real world, but from an inner function of hers. Like she summoned her weapons against the dragon several chapters ago.

RAW 194 is out and wow... need a translation...

Ryllharu
Sun, 11-11-2007, 09:56 PM
I'm having trouble seeing why 194 (which AQS scanlated for my benefit) was really worth all that praise above...

It was a pretty standard chapter, nothing we really haven't seen before. My only hope is that maybe we'll get a little more back story on Ako's scar. We never got an explanation before when "Nagi" first saw it.

animus
Tue, 01-13-2009, 08:12 PM
Does anyone happen to know where the anime ends in the manga?

Ryllharu
Tue, 01-13-2009, 08:38 PM
I was under the impression that they butchered it so badly, that you might as well start from chapter 1. Well, maybe you can skip the first volume.

I couldn't stomach the anime beyond a few episodes, but if you tell me where the plot ends (I can't figure it out from the episode titles, I can tell you where to start).

DDBen
Tue, 01-13-2009, 10:05 PM
Well first off there are multiple anime's. Of course neither one remotely follows the plot outside of the first few episodes.

If your planning to read the Manga for this start at chapter 1. If you watched only the first series you might find the first few chapters seem similar but there is honestly enough of a difference that I'd go ahead and reread them anyway.

Side note Negima has a LOT of very tiny text you might be better off downloading the chapters then attempting to read them online because you really can't zoom in enough to read everything at least on onemanga.

Dark Dragon
Wed, 01-14-2009, 01:16 AM
I'd recommend that you download the manga from mangatraders and use CDisplay to read it.

Anyways as mentioned by the others, both the anime pretty much butchered the storyline.

the very first negima anime kinda follows the plotline of the first volume but they skipped a lot of important plot points and changed one major arc in the manga.

but yeah if you can, try to read from chapter 1. This is one my personal favorite and it's a shame that we won't ever see any decent anime adaptation for it.

animus
Wed, 01-14-2009, 09:31 AM
Yea I watched the first 5 episodes then read the first 10 or so chapters and I can really see how badly they f'd it up.

RyougaZell
Thu, 01-22-2009, 12:24 PM
Akamatsu seems to have a curse. None of his series are animated loyally. Love Hina was good... but the manga version is hundred times superior.

Negima suffered the same fate, but worse. The only good animation of Negima is the recent Ala Alba ova, but they are WAY ahead.

Library Island was specially stupefied on the first anime. I don't want to talk about the crappy 2nd series...

Dark Dragon
Thu, 01-22-2009, 01:30 PM
Akamatsu seems to have a curse. None of his series are animated loyally. Love Hina was good... but the manga version is hundred times superior.

Negima suffered the same fate, but worse. The only good animation of Negima is the recent Ala Alba ova, but they are WAY ahead.

Library Island was specially stupefied on the first anime. I don't want to talk about the crappy 2nd series...

Yeah it really is a shame.

Both manga are popular too and Negima has quite a following, nothing like Naruto mind you but still a decent size group.

Akatmetsu himself said that is the Ala Alba OVA sold well he would consider making a 3rd anime series for negima. I really don't know if i like that since another anime atrocity is the last thing i want to see.

RyougaZell
Thu, 01-22-2009, 01:35 PM
The only new series I would accept of Negima needs to involve the graphic quality of Ala Alba and a 100% loyal story to the manga... no future arcs... it must begin from the very start.

Anyway... Im actually enjoying the current manga chapters... I just hope the new tournament skips all the way to Rakan vs Negi

Dark Dragon
Wed, 02-11-2009, 04:46 AM
Not much discussion going on so i wonder how many people on gotwoot actually follow this manga.

Man this series has been awesome recently, it's equal to One Piece on my list of most anticipated weekly manga release.

Ryllharu
Wed, 02-11-2009, 05:06 AM
With Akamatsu going on break every other week to supposedly, "collect data" and most chapters ending with a cliffhanger of sorts, I've been dropping the series temporarily and picking it back up every quarter or so.

I still like it, and buy the English translated books, but the occasional total lack of development (fluff chapters) lately has been keeping me from reading it on an up-to-date basis.

RyougaZell
Wed, 02-11-2009, 09:48 AM
Akamatsu ALWAYS takes a break every 5 chapters. In January we see more breaks because of the usual breaks the magazines take.

I've liked the current arc, at the Magic World, but we seriously need to see more of the other students. Im tired of always seeing the same ones (Asuna, Nodoka, Setsuna... etc...).

Whatever.

Archangel
Sun, 07-19-2009, 02:11 AM
I've started reading this, but does the kid get any older as the story unfolds? Somehow following the adventures of a 9 year old doesn't seem so interesting...

RyougaZell
Mon, 07-20-2009, 11:04 AM
The story takes place as he teaches in middle school. So far only one year and a half has passed.
And do believe one thing. This manga is fantastic. Keep reading and you shall not be dissapointed.

Archangel
Mon, 07-20-2009, 11:35 AM
You're praising it alot without any facts to back you up >_>

What are the main character's redeeming features? How do they get the harem aspect going if he's only 10 years old? Does he evolve his magical skills in time? Are there plot twists and main villains he must defeat?

Try to answer these without spoiling anything if possible if you can. Thank you.

Dark Dragon
Mon, 07-20-2009, 11:37 AM
Lets put it this way.

This, One Piece and Hunter X Hunters are the only manga where i bother to read chapters on a weekly basis.

He's a 10 year old kid, and that does show throughout the series but Negi is a very likable character. He's definitely more mature than a lot of "older" protagonist in other stories. The harem aspect is there but it's mostly innocent crushes more than anything. I really can't say more without spoiling but too much but negi does learn more magic over the course of the series.

I would keep at it, the series doesn't really shine until half way through the second story arc (festival).

Archangel
Mon, 07-20-2009, 12:08 PM
Hunter X Hunter on a weekly bases? :P

Anyway, i guess i'll give it a shot

RyougaZell
Mon, 07-20-2009, 12:32 PM
Lets put it this way...

Negi, as many characters, starts being an 'innocent genius' (ok... not so many). But the passing of the series makes him mature more than he should be at his age. His magic does increase... how much? you must read to find out.

Most of the girls are 14. So the harem side of the story isn't as deep as it was on Love Hina. But whenever it is introduced, it is well balanced. It ain't borderly ridiculous as it was sometimes in Love Hina however.

Are there plots twists? Hundreds of them.

Villains? Yep. Some likeable, some surprising.

This manga is by far the best manga Akamatsu Ken has ever done. Several of the initial chapters are light and somewhat... common. But the story starts to become more interesting when they enter the Library arc... followed by the Eva and Kyoto arcs. Festival arc is somewhat overwhelming and fantastic as well.

Can't say more without entering spoiler area...

Read it.

PS: NEVER touch the anime series. They are crap. The only 'good' adaptations are the recent ova. But they portray arcs beyond volume 25

Dark Dragon
Mon, 07-20-2009, 12:33 PM
Hunter X Hunter on a weekly bases? :P

Anyway, i guess i'll give it a shot

hey, it came out on a weekly basis for 2 months last year :(.

Archangel
Mon, 07-20-2009, 12:35 PM
/pats Dark Dragon

PS: NEVER touch the anime series. They are crap. The only 'good' adaptations are the recent ova. But they portray arcs beyond volume 25

Is that a personal or a generalized opinion?

Dark Dragon
Mon, 07-20-2009, 12:41 PM
Is that a personal or a generalized opinion?

All of them are definitely worse than the Black Cat anime adaptation, just to give you something to compare with.

The only good one is the Ala Alba OVA that was the adaptation of about 5 manga chapters that cover the aftermath of the 2nd arc.

Archangel
Thu, 07-23-2009, 04:33 AM
Just a little update:

- You guys were right, this is fucking awesome. Over.

Now someone else post so i won't have to double when i post my full opinion after i've caught up with the current chapter

Dark Dragon
Thu, 07-23-2009, 04:48 AM
I envy you, being able to read through the entire festival arc in one sitting must have been amazing.

Archangel
Fri, 07-24-2009, 04:36 AM
Done

So is the Dark Negi vs Rakan fight animated yet? I just have to see it.

Btw is the anime really that bad? I'd love to see Negi vs. Chao Ling for example.

What about Negima??! the spinoff? Is it any good?

Anyway this rocks, lets discuss each chapter here from now on. Btw, what fansubs are you guys using?

Dark Dragon
Fri, 07-24-2009, 05:37 AM
So is the Dark Negi vs Rakan fight animated yet? I just have to see it.

No :(

Btw is the anime really that bad? I'd love to see Negi vs. Chao Ling for example.
The first anime cover the first part of the manga up until the kyoto arc, except the kyoto arc is completely butchered and the ending was changed. The Ala Alba OVA lets you see like 20 seconds of Negi vs Chaos and then proceed to all of the aftermath stuff.

What about Negima??! the spinoff? Is it any good?
I'm not a fan of Negima?! it's a bit too weird and doesn't have any of the stuff that makes regular Negima good.

Anyway this rocks, lets discuss each chapter here from now on. Btw, what fansubs are you guys using?

I use AQS for archiving purposes but Enigma is the only group that release on a consistent basis.

It'll be great to see more Negima discussion given the recent revelation involving the magic world.

RyougaZell
Fri, 07-24-2009, 10:06 AM
The Negima!? spinoff is crap. Its light hearted, it introduces new rules for pactios that are stupid and completely butchered Nagi (his father) and Nekane. Its also devoid of fanservice.

The only worthwhile chapter of Negima!? is Chapter 0, as it could easily be fitted inside the real Negima.

Chao's fight was superb. Sadly it was not animated because the OVA team wanted to get to the Ala Alba arc.

If you must watch any Negima anime... just see the Ovas. Any ova is fine. The two anime series will make your eyes bleed.

I stopped downloading the manga long ago. I just read it online. My 'archiving purposes' come from the printed volumes of Del Rey. The first 3 volumes are crap (they tried to americanize the translation and failed horribly) but volumes 4 to 20 are gold. I still expect Del Rey re-publishes the first 3 volumes.

And if you decide to discuss every incoming chapter I'll gladly do so. I stopped trying to do it here since it seemed nobody was reading it here on gotwoot. And AQS forums are bullshit.

What I want to know though Archie... what girls are your favorites so far among the students?

Mine are:
Chao
Makie
Ako
Yuna
Sakurako
Setsuna
Yue
Chisame

Non-student:
Anya
Mei (who is rumored (unconfirmed) Naru's sister)

How are you liking the 'harem' side :p? Convinced now that even if the damn guy is 11 he is blessed? Lol...

Archangel
Fri, 07-24-2009, 11:42 AM
Bah, growth pills for the win Zell. Being 10 means nothing!!

My favorite girls... that's a tough one.

I'd say i have a crush on Eva and Chachamaru and then i like all the others equally

RyougaZell
Fri, 07-24-2009, 03:19 PM
Growth pills? Who needs them when you have the current age spell. The pills have a time limit of several hours... whereas the current spell they are using has allowed them to be in those form for weeks.

Ah yes... Evangeline Anastasia Kitty McDowell... she is also on my book. Stupid me forgot to add her. And Ku Fei.

Its hard to keep track of 31 girls, lol.

Welcome to the Negima fandom. Knew you wouldn't regret it.

Archangel
Sat, 07-25-2009, 01:56 AM
Ku Fei is also cute
I forgot to add Anya and Yue to my favs

Btw, do you think Fate is stronger than Rakan?

RyougaZell
Sat, 07-25-2009, 11:23 AM
I don't think he is. Rakan is obviously holding back. But I see Fate winning anyway based on strategy.

Archangel
Sat, 07-25-2009, 11:33 AM
Lol yeah, you've got to add the idiocy factor to the equation

I wonder if when we see Asuna again she'll be broken and silent like the old princess was.

Dark transformations are awesome, but i hope that they add that counter factor soon ( the darkness grip on his heart or whatever ) so it doesn't turn to just some super sayan transformation with no drawbacks. The thing i love about these fights is the incredible variety of attacks.

RyougaZell
Sat, 07-25-2009, 11:53 AM
Oh definitely. Asuna needs to become an enemy during this arc before they somehow miracously Negi saves her.

If Arika is Negi's mom... and Asuna was Arika's sister... that makes Asuna Negi's aunt. Incest? Lol.

So far every power in Negima has come with a cost.

Remember how Chao became upon using all those magic tattos... or Negi's dark form.

Archangel
Sat, 07-25-2009, 01:01 PM
I thought about that too lol

But then i figured that maybe all the princesses don't have to be related by blood since they've been setting those 2 for a couple since chapter 1

RyougaZell
Mon, 08-03-2009, 09:04 AM
Meh... the latest chapter felt like a repeat of Rakan's fight with the 2 girls... they even made the same joke again with all four of them...

Archangel
Mon, 08-03-2009, 09:13 AM
It was still funny to see Fate acting out of character in that situation

Just between us Zell, me and a friend at binktopia are gonna try and release the next negima before enigma, so expect great quality at greater speed ;)

RyougaZell
Mon, 08-03-2009, 09:29 AM
Ah yes. Fate's scenes were the best in this chapter.

You entering the scanlation world now Archie? Good luck. I will check your work when you release it.

Archangel
Mon, 08-03-2009, 09:36 AM
I've been doing it for a couple of weeks now

Check binktopia's credits, you'll find either Archie or Archangel on most of them

RyougaZell
Mon, 08-03-2009, 11:48 AM
I rarely download the mangas. I just see them on onemanga... and well... they tend to keep whoever gets first. I try and get Binktopias next time though.

Archangel
Mon, 08-03-2009, 01:09 PM
I despise onemanga...

Even between all the readers their quality excels in its shittyness

They compress the hell out of the already bad files

RyougaZell
Mon, 08-03-2009, 03:20 PM
I know. But when I read the mangas at work, where rapidshare, megaupload, sendspace and torrents are banned... even its bad quality is a blessing.

Archangel
Mon, 08-03-2009, 03:22 PM
You can download from mangashare's own server, no problem

RyougaZell
Tue, 08-04-2009, 08:29 AM
I'll check it next time.
For now... chapter 260's raw has been online for a day already at mangahelpers :p

Archangel
Tue, 08-04-2009, 08:38 AM
I would prefer a Rena-chan raw... but i'll see what i can do

RyougaZell
Fri, 08-07-2009, 09:13 AM
Rena-chan's raw is up Archie

Archangel
Fri, 08-07-2009, 09:22 AM
I know :p

RyougaZell
Thu, 08-20-2009, 10:58 AM
Chapter 261 was FANTASTIC

http://www.onemanga.com/Mahou_Sensei_Negima%21/261/

Loved the Ku-centered chapter and the newest Pactio.

With Asuna probably being Negi's aunt... it isn't farfetched he ends up with Ku... considering Chao. Or maybe he will have several wives? Lol.

Archangel
Thu, 08-20-2009, 11:02 AM
My money is on Anya at this point, with Nodoka getting second place and Asuna in third

She gets third place because she's been set up as the main female character for so long that even with the whole incest thing i feel she still has a shot

RyougaZell
Thu, 08-20-2009, 11:07 AM
Nodoka is bo-ring

Archangel
Thu, 08-20-2009, 11:18 AM
If i had a choice i'd go with Evangeline, i'm just stating who i think has a better shot right now

RyougaZell
Thu, 08-20-2009, 12:05 PM
Eva-chan can always do what she wants.

Nodoka is the most boring of the 31 girls.

Archangel
Thu, 08-20-2009, 12:17 PM
Eva-chan can always do what she wants.

Nodoka is the most boring of the 31 girls.

A tsundere fanboy such as yourself will never understand the wonders of the timid and shy type :p

RyougaZell
Thu, 08-20-2009, 12:44 PM
Actually... I was a Nodoka fan at the beginning of the manga.
But her character development has been so awful she became my least liked of the girls.

Archangel
Fri, 08-28-2009, 06:49 PM
Bah how disappointing

At first i thought we were getting a chachamaru chapter, and then what's her face came along and stole the spotlight

She the secondary love interest of a secondary character, no one give a shit about her! xD

RyougaZell
Fri, 08-28-2009, 06:59 PM
Its a matter of focus

At first I was bored because it seemed it would be a Chachamaru chapter. But I liked a lot the fact it ended being one for Natsumi.

So too bad for you Archie.

PS: Nodoka sucks

Archangel
Fri, 08-28-2009, 08:37 PM
Bah, i colored this after reading the chapter as an act of vengeance

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/1220/chachamaru.jpg

Chacha-chan is sad, give her more screen time dammit !!

Archangel
Thu, 09-03-2009, 03:58 AM
New chapter was awesome

Chachamaru screw rape ftw !!!

Archangel
Tue, 09-15-2009, 05:43 PM
Btw i've been thinking, by this point is certain that Asuna and Negi are related but it'd very possible that they're cousins seeing the age difference between her and Negi's mom

And if i'm not mistaken, cousin love is cool in Japan right?

Dark Dragon
Tue, 09-15-2009, 07:23 PM
yes

But i think Asuna is the little sister that Negi's mom mention in one of the flashback, so that would actually makes her Negi's aunt.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 09-15-2009, 07:25 PM
@Arch - And in most countries excluding the U.S and a few others.

RyougaZell
Fri, 09-18-2009, 12:33 PM
Btw i've been thinking, by this point is certain that Asuna and Negi are related but it'd very possible that they're cousins seeing the age difference between her and Negi's mom

And if i'm not mistaken, cousin love is cool in Japan right?

Cousins is cool.
But what about Aunt and nephew?

At this point, I think they'll either ignore this, or make Asuna adopted. Lol.

I didn't like this week's chapter btw.

Archangel
Fri, 09-18-2009, 01:47 PM
Cousins is cool.
But what about Aunt and nephew?

At this point, I think they'll either ignore this, or make Asuna adopted. Lol.

I didn't like this week's chapter btw.

Why not?

Dark Dragon
Sat, 09-19-2009, 01:25 AM
It was an ok chapter, pretty sure everyone saw that negi uppercut from a mile away.

This governor guy is such a boring character, and i hope something happen soon to wipe that stupid smirk off his face. I'm really more interested on the outcome of rakan vs fate.

Archangel
Sat, 09-19-2009, 09:46 AM
I'm still hoping that the deus ex machina villain that Nagi supposedly defeated has absorbed him instead and that Nagi is the real villain of this story

Dark Dragon
Sat, 09-19-2009, 11:05 AM
That would be pretty cool.

I was thinking more along the line of Asuna getting use as the core of some super anti-magic weapon as a plot to take over the magic world.

Archangel
Fri, 10-02-2009, 03:16 AM
Oh shit, dark transformation ftw!!

The form was kinda lame, but i think that's because it's still incomplete

Still, the guy has a death wish? Or maybe some sort of rebirth jutsu?

Archangel
Thu, 10-08-2009, 04:24 AM
Well... this is getting confusing as hell, and i half blame the translation for it

Archangel
Thu, 10-15-2009, 06:56 AM
Triple post ftw, someone get on board with me here?

So his master was evil? Wtf, and he looked like a kid too but apparently he was old as hell. Could he have been a vampire?

God the author is one lazy sob, he's taking another break

RyougaZell
Thu, 10-15-2009, 09:16 AM
Better get used to Akamatsu's breaks dude. He publishes 4 chapters then takes a break. Always. The most he publishes is 5 chapters in a row. And generally the 5th one is shorter than the rest, just to fill up the volume.

Dark Dragon
Thu, 10-15-2009, 12:06 PM
Better than him overworking himself, i think these breaks is what help Oda and Akamatsu keep the quality consistent.

Archangel
Thu, 10-15-2009, 12:29 PM
Oda doesn't take nearly as many breaks as Akamatsu

Discuss the chapter goddammit! :p

RyougaZell
Thu, 10-15-2009, 12:58 PM
Yes, but Akamatsu's team does every damn background in cgi. The published volumes include notes and number of polygons behind every grand structure they make.

Not much to talk about the recent chapter though. Although I must admit I am intrigued to see Nagi call the enemy 'master'. And the ending of the chapter is obviously the reason of why Arika is hated. The continent is probably about to fall.

Dark Dragon
Thu, 10-15-2009, 01:06 PM
Yeah Negima has some of the best background art i've ever seen in a manga.

Most of the revelation aren't really surprising. I'm more interested in the relation between Nagi's master and Fate since they looks a lot alike.

Dark Dragon
Thu, 10-15-2009, 01:09 PM
double posted by accident, delete please. thanks

Archangel
Thu, 10-15-2009, 01:21 PM
Yeah Negima has some of the best background art i've ever seen in a manga.

Most of the revelation aren't really surprising. I'm more interested in the relation between Nagi's master and Fate since they looks a lot alike.

How is his master being an enemy not surprising?

Dark Dragon
Thu, 10-15-2009, 03:32 PM
How is his master being an enemy not surprising?

Unless i missed something, the only thing we got from the chapter is him fighting the evil guy and said "master" at the end. There's no concrete evidence that his master is evil.

Archangel
Thu, 10-15-2009, 04:14 PM
Unless i missed something, the only thing we got from the chapter is him fighting the evil guy and said "master" at the end. There's no concrete evidence that his master is evil.

No there isn't any concrete evidence, but being the detective genius that i am i can deduce that 2 (http://www.onemanga.com/Mahou_Sensei_Negima!/233/03/) + 2 (http://www.onemanga.com/Mahou_Sensei_Negima!/267/10/) = evil

Dark Dragon
Thu, 10-15-2009, 07:26 PM
No there isn't any concrete evidence, but being the detective genius that i am i can deduce that 2 (http://www.onemanga.com/Mahou_Sensei_Negima!/233/03/) + 2 (http://www.onemanga.com/Mahou_Sensei_Negima!/267/10/) = evil

my bad, i download all of my manga and 267 has only been released on onemanga so i thought you were referring to 266

RyougaZell
Tue, 10-27-2009, 07:22 PM
Im enjoying this past arc more than I expected. Arika seemed to ready to die... I can't stop wondering how Nagi saved her in order to one day procreate Negi... and where the hell they both ended. I always asumed she had Negi before her execution... yet that wasn't the case.

Im also wondering how Asuna fits into this... was she really Arika's sister? Since the council dude said the line ended with Arika... and seems Kurt isn't really evil... or what happend to him after this fiasco?

RyougaZell
Sat, 11-07-2009, 11:40 AM
The past arc ends. And we can see what happened to Kurt as well. Nice way to end things up. Now I wonder if Arika is alive out there as well... but what could have happened to have Nagi and Arika leave Negi?

http://www.onemanga.com/Mahou_Sensei_Negima%21/269/

RyougaZell
Thu, 02-04-2010, 07:18 PM
Chapter 277 (http://www.onemanga.com/Mahou_Sensei_Negima%21/277/) was just... wow

Archangel
Tue, 03-09-2010, 02:35 AM
Hmmm, i knew something was fishy when they killed like 6 characters in 1 chapter. You just knew that some sort of massive rebirth no jutsu was bound to show up eventually.

Dark Dragon
Tue, 03-09-2010, 02:36 AM
It is a Harem/Romance/Comedy at heart so that wasn't unexpected.

Archangel
Tue, 03-09-2010, 02:39 AM
Not unexpected, just disappointing

Even the whole darkness invading negi's heart thing loses power when you know the whole manga is about sunshine and rainbows

Dark Dragon
Tue, 03-09-2010, 02:47 AM
Those aspect of the story never interested me anyway since they aren't what i'm looking for in this manga. My point is, I read this manga for a healthy dose of comedy and ridiculous shonen power up and it deliver just that.

I do understand your disappointment to a degree, but honestly it's far fetch to expect any kind of serious dark content in this manga.

Edit: That aside, Nodoka has been really awesome lately. Chachamaru Cat Satellite of Doom is just win.

RyougaZell
Tue, 03-09-2010, 10:28 AM
Hmmm, i knew something was fishy when they killed like 6 characters in 1 chapter. You just knew that some sort of massive rebirth no jutsu was bound to show up eventually.

I was dissapointed in that as well.

In fact... Nodoka was one of my favorite characters at the beginning of the series. After her pactio was revealed she started to become annoying for me, because she was a hacked player practically. And then she had not problem about using magic against normal humans during the badge fiasco. Even so... I could stomach her.

And then she pulls this stunt. Annoying.

Chachamaru was awesome btw.

RyougaZell
Thu, 04-01-2010, 12:21 AM
Wait... what? Fate is trying to do what?

Negima 284 (http://www.onemanga.com/Mahou_Sensei_Negima%21/284/)

Archangel
Thu, 04-01-2010, 01:26 PM
I think it's a process similar to reducing all the world's people into data as a way to save magical energy

Archangel
Tue, 04-06-2010, 08:11 PM
Lol, Negi Dark-Digivolved

RyougaZell
Tue, 04-06-2010, 09:23 PM
Indeed.
I hope the Sports Girls get their pactios soon.

I LOLed at Eva playing Nes while eating chips naked. Only Eva.

Archangel
Tue, 04-06-2010, 09:25 PM
I loled when they went through the one in a million shot to survive speech again as if we, the audience, are completely oblivious to his main character hax powers

RyougaZell
Thu, 04-15-2010, 09:48 AM
http://www.onemanga.com/Mahou_Sensei_Negima%21/286/

I absolutely love when they give the Sports Girls this focus.

Not only did Negi stop when he saw Ako (or the bracelet he gave her)... but Makie also showed how much she cares about him not caring about his current dark-form... and her touch (and the rest of the sports girls) even helped the dark magic to recede.

And Yuuna is finally going to learn about her parent's involvement in all this mess. My guess is that her Mom died on a magic incident.

Yue is awesome. But I hope she doesn't abandon Collet. I rather prefer her friendship with the Ariadne Knights-to-be instead of the Library girls (I rather dislike Haruna and Nodoka).

Evangeline as merciless and awesome as always.

Chisame's treatment of Chamo is pure win.

Archangel
Thu, 04-15-2010, 10:35 AM
Ewww, i'm not reading that shitty scanlation

RyougaZell
Thu, 04-15-2010, 10:48 AM
Its not like a consistente group exists for Negima. Its whatever you can find.

Im buying the books when they are published anyways. Just got volume 25 some days ago.

RyougaZell
Mon, 04-26-2010, 11:00 PM
Dang... I wanted to see more of Ako and Makie... at least we got to see Yuuna's reaction.

And only 2 weeks have passed? I already suspected this, but lol at it.

Chapter 287 (http://www.onemanga.com/Mahou_Sensei_Negima%21/287/)

RyougaZell
Sat, 05-15-2010, 11:45 PM
Chapter 288 (http://www.onemanga.com/Mahou_Sensei_Negima%21/288/)

Love this chapters.

Archangel
Mon, 05-24-2010, 08:34 AM
Chapter 289 (http://www.onemanga.com/Mahou_Sensei_Negima%21/289/)

3 pactios in 1 chapter, must be a record

This chapter's translator sucked ass

RyougaZell
Mon, 05-24-2010, 09:16 AM
Woot. The 3 pactios I've been expecting for ages are finally here. My favorite chapter in a long long time.

Get mangastream to scan this Archie =P

Archangel
Mon, 05-24-2010, 09:35 AM
Get mangastream to scan this Archie =P
My donation box is feeling hollow inside

RyougaZell
Mon, 05-24-2010, 09:59 AM
My donation box is feeling hollow inside

What are you now? Aizen?

Anyway. This chapter confirmed that the Pactios released long ago are indeed official... Ako and Makie's Pactios were 'shown' just a while after the Kyoto arc. Sometimes I wonder if Makie would have gotten her Pactio sooner, seeing as she was quite popular at the start. Akamatsu surely took his sweet time to give her one.

Ako's pactio... I still can't understand what Akamatsu was smoking when he did that. It doesn't fit her personality in anyway. She used that catnurse suit once, when the class was discussing what to do for the school festival. But it still doesn't fit her.

Yuuna's pactio was, thankfully, nothing like the crappy anime pactio.

RyougaZell
Mon, 06-07-2010, 12:52 PM
When Naruto says a line like this, it feels like crap.

Now that Negi says it... it feels very well placed.

That's just how awesome Akamatsu is.

Negima 291 (http://www.onemanga.com/Mahou_Sensei_Negima%21/291/)

Archangel
Mon, 06-07-2010, 01:19 PM
Super Sayan 3 Negi :)

RyougaZell
Sun, 07-04-2010, 09:13 PM
Holy shit! The last page took me by surprise!!!!

Chapter 294 (http://www.onemanga.com/Mahou_Sensei_Negima%21/294/)

Archangel
Sun, 07-04-2010, 09:34 PM
I want a download link >_>

Edit: Lol wtf, isn't there a single normal student on that effing classroom?

RyougaZell
Tue, 07-06-2010, 10:41 AM
Lol wtf, isn't there a single normal student on that effing classroom?

Have we been reading the same manga? Its been obvious, for ages, that Zazie would pull something like this one day.

And for the record... this is the first time she has spoken.

RyougaZell
Fri, 07-09-2010, 12:11 PM
Chapter 295 (http://www.onemanga.com/Mahou_Sensei_Negima%21/295/)

Amazing chapter. And it seems 'she' is finally back :D

Archangel
Fri, 07-09-2010, 12:12 PM
Who's she? The cloaked one? I didn't recognize him/her

RyougaZell
Fri, 07-09-2010, 12:41 PM
Who's she? The cloaked one? I didn't recognize him/her

Chao Lingshen

Archangel
Fri, 07-09-2010, 12:42 PM
Chao Lingshen
She's from the future, you think she made it back to the past again?

RyougaZell
Fri, 07-09-2010, 12:48 PM
She's from the future, you think she made it back to the past again?

Well, Zazie is getting involved cause it concerns Chao's future. And I beat her Pactio Card comes from a pact with Chao as well.

Archangel
Fri, 07-09-2010, 01:32 PM
Well, Zazie is getting involved cause it concerns Chao's future. And I beat her Pactio Card comes from a pact with Chao as well.
She didn't say she knew Chao, only that she's aware of the purpose of her last visit to earth

RyougaZell
Fri, 07-09-2010, 01:33 PM
Who can deny she learnt true magic and then returned to the past again?

Archangel
Fri, 07-09-2010, 01:38 PM
Who can deny she learnt true magic and then returned to the past again?
After all that crap about needing the power of the tree that glowed once every 100 years or whatever? That would be bulshit...

And if that was really Chao she has been there since this whole thing started

http://i.imgur.com/Wd4wA.png

Meaning she sat there while Negi got ass raped by rock missile

http://i.imgur.com/pHyMy.jpg

RyougaZell
Fri, 07-09-2010, 02:26 PM
Chao probably knows the outcome of this battle and knew Negi would survive, thus she didn't interfere.

Zazie said that Negi's path would lead to Chao's future, thus Chao probably knew this events had to pass. She also probably deduced this moment would be the best to interfere.

Archangel
Fri, 07-09-2010, 02:29 PM
If she knew exactly what was going on she could have done a hell of a lot more to interfere

She could have made sure Negi got lost longer, not allowed him to enter the coliseum, come between the meeting with Jack Ragan, etc.

Your theory sir, is flawed

Archangel
Sat, 07-31-2010, 08:00 AM
Chapter 297 (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/mahou_sensei_negima/v33/c297/1.html)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lol, Setsuna is officially a dyke

Dark Dragon
Sat, 07-31-2010, 12:51 PM
Chapter 297 (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/mahou_sensei_negima/v33/c297/1.html)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lol, Setsuna is officially a dyke

Lol, i think Setsuna herself is the only one that still doesn't know that. Some of the fantasy were pretty funny too. Chachamaru's is to go on a long journey with negi and eva. Akira's perfect world involves Negi, his harem is growing again. Luna's involve a being with both negi and fate.

RyougaZell
Fri, 09-24-2010, 09:17 AM
Is that Motoko's sister?

Chapter 303 (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/mahou_sensei_negima/v33/c303/)

Archangel
Fri, 09-24-2010, 04:06 PM
Oh look, another break... lazy son of a bitch

And who the fuck it Motoko?

RyougaZell
Sat, 09-25-2010, 03:13 PM
Oh look, another break... lazy son of a bitch

And who the fuck it Motoko?

Motoko is a Shinmeryu master from Love Hina.

Akamatsu takes a week off every 5 chapters. That has been his schedule since day one. You should be used to it already.

Archangel
Sat, 09-25-2010, 03:48 PM
Nope, still annoys me

Did they have magic in Love Hina? I never finished it.

RyougaZell
Sat, 09-25-2010, 05:53 PM
Not per se, but lots of references.

Mei (the girl that fought Kotarou on the school tournamente) appears on the Love Hina animation and has a small cameo on the last chapter of Love Hina

RyougaZell
Tue, 11-30-2010, 10:00 AM
Chapter 310 (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/mahou_sensei_negima/v34/c310/)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RyougaZell
Mon, 12-06-2010, 09:38 AM
Chapter 311 (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/mahou_sensei_negima/v34/c311/1.html)

And so... things go to hell.

Chachamaru T___T

Lighting rocks.

Archangel
Mon, 12-06-2010, 07:56 PM
Is it me or is the averruncus of water a girl?

RyougaZell
Mon, 12-06-2010, 09:04 PM
Sextum is a girl indeed.

Archangel
Tue, 12-07-2010, 08:45 AM
Sextum is a girl indeed.
My penis approves of this

RyougaZell
Mon, 01-17-2011, 11:41 AM
Chapter 314 (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/mahou_sensei_negima/v34/c314/1.html)

I think Archie will approve more of Sextum now.

And it seems my prediction of that cloaked villan being Chao was off but... ancestor?

Fate's (Tertium's) actions o_O

Archangel
Mon, 01-17-2011, 07:28 PM
The fateful battle... get it? I kinda loled

You were so off you skipped a few generations, apparently that's his grandmother/grandfather

RyougaZell
Tue, 01-18-2011, 05:49 PM
Fatefull... lol awesome.

Yeah... I did hit the nail of the cloaked person being related to Negi... just several generations away from the mark. That twisted, lol.

Marik
Fri, 02-03-2012, 02:00 AM
This year's 10th issue of Kodansha's Weekly Shōnen Magazine is announcing on Wednesday that Ken Akamatsu will end his Negima! Magister Negi Magi manga after three more chapters. However, he will first take a two-issue hiatus to prepare for the end, so the series will return in this year's 13th issue of the magazine on February 29. The finale will not come until this year's 15th issue in March, at the earliest.

Negima! Magister Negi Magi Manga to End in 3 More Chapters (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-02-03/negima-magister-negi-magi-manga-to-end-in-3-more-chapters)

Archangel
Fri, 02-03-2012, 01:46 PM
I figured it would last a tiny bit more, 3 chapters feels short to end the nagi plotline.