PDA

View Full Version : Movie: Simpsons: The Movie

el_boss
Mon, 04-03-2006, 03:46 AM
Oh my god! It's finally here, the day we (=i) have waited for. They're making a Simpsons movie. Not much is known about the movie yet, but it's going to be released July 27 2007.

Article (http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/eo/20050608/111827472000.html)

Trailer (http://youtube.com/watch?v=yALfyLK75yw&search=simpsons%20movie)

IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0462538/?fr=c2l0ZT1kZnx0dD0xfGZiPXV8cG49MHxrdz0xfHE9c2ltcH NvbnN8ZnQ9MXxteD0yMHxsbT01MDB8Y289MXxodG1sPTF8bm09 MQ__;fc=3;ft=32;fm=1)

6Zabuza9
Mon, 04-03-2006, 04:02 AM
thats sweet. i would watch it

samsonlonghair
Mon, 04-03-2006, 05:18 AM
God, I love the Simpsons. A few of the original writers will be working on this movie, so it should be really funny.

God willing.

Assassin
Mon, 04-03-2006, 06:31 AM
No matter what happens, it'll be a disappointment, simply cuz nothing could hope to exceede the awesomeness of the old simpsons.

Ofcourse its possible that due to the extreme crapiness of the last couple seasons, the movie (especially if the old writers are working on it) will look that much better.

Can't wait to see.

XanBcoo
Mon, 04-03-2006, 08:59 AM
I pretty much have the same opinion. For about 4 seasons now the Simpons has sucked. Royally. I might have cared about this in 4 years ago, but now I'm pretty apathetic about it. I don't think it will be very good.

Though, the fact that samsonlonghair says they're using some of the original writers does give me some hope. I really used to be the biggest Simpson fan.

Raven
Mon, 04-03-2006, 09:04 AM
I fear for this movie so terribly - it will be the final nail in the coffin (if the series isn't already over by then). I wish the show could have ended with some dignity but they have given it up in pursuit of bigger paychecks. What was once my favourite series has become less than a shadow of what it once was.

That said, I'll still watch the movie of course. If some of the original writers are working on it then that's a slight comfort.

IFHTT
Mon, 04-03-2006, 01:19 PM
Well I do know they signed a two year contract for the series so, there will be at least another couple seasons. Though it's not like it matters, the new stuff isn't funny at all. It seems more like throw a bunch of people together and see if they can come up with an original idea and then animate it. They always fail though.

BioAlien
Mon, 04-03-2006, 01:27 PM
haha! it come out the day of my birthday! (that such a nice gift :) )

the trailer is somehow funny

XanBcoo
Mon, 04-03-2006, 02:01 PM
The trailer has already been taken off of youtube because of copyright issues.

Though I admit it was a little funny. Also, I agree with IFingHateTonTon that every episode in the past few seasons has just seemed like the writers coming up with some "karazy idea" for what Homer should do next. It's almost as bad as Naruto filler. Almost.

woofcat
Mon, 04-03-2006, 02:56 PM
the took the trailer off where? This is the internet.
http://youtube.com/results?search=simpsons+movie&search_type=search_videos&search=Search

Edit:
I downloaded the video off youtuve and converted it to mpg, just incase they all get taken down.

http://rapidshare.de/files/17133354/test.mpg.html
http://s63.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3LP8JSYOY9CBO3O29RK5YJ115N
http://www.content-type.com/1438888738/test.mpg.htm
http://www.mytempdir.com/566764
http://www.send-file.co.uk/8EF5B84B8DFCD04B

Will update list when i get more mirrors / they go down. Please pm me if a link does not work.

ChaosK
Mon, 04-03-2006, 06:55 PM
lol i just saw the trailer for this when watching my tivo-ed simpson episode of yesterday. I must say, i'm looking foward to it, and contrary to come believe, i dont think the show is dead yet, though i agree a bad movie can kill a show, but then again the family guy movie was just plain awsome.

i like the old simpson episodes but i like the new voices...i dont know why.

XanBcoo
Mon, 04-03-2006, 08:30 PM
The voices they have now are the same voices they've always had.

Also, thanks woofcat.

Jman
Mon, 04-03-2006, 11:08 PM
speaking of the simpsons + movie. have you guys seen this? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brh6KRvQHBc&eurl=http%3A%2F%2F64%2E255%2E174%2E200%2Fboard%2Fs howthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D92242)

darkshadow
Mon, 04-03-2006, 11:42 PM
haha thats great

samsonlonghair
Tue, 04-04-2006, 12:38 AM
That live-action clip was something that aired on Sky-one in the U.K. or so I've heard.

I love the Simpsons; hell, I always will. Even though it hasn't been as good the last few years, I'll keep my hopes upm for this movie.

RyougaZell
Tue, 04-04-2006, 11:11 AM
Can't shake the feeling this movie comes out too late.
I haven't watch the Simpsons more than 10 times since they killed Flanders wife.
I just did not find that scene funny at all.

EDIT:
grammar

Knives122
Tue, 04-04-2006, 11:19 AM
Yeah, it was hard to see the hottest person on that show other then TITania go. But it still was sucking prior to that.

I haven't watched this show in 3 years and I'm glad, I really hope this movie ends the show "forever"

Raven
Tue, 04-04-2006, 07:41 PM
Yeah, it was hard to see the hottest person on that show other then TITania go.
Uh, you think.... Maude Flanders was ... hot?

UChessmaster
Fri, 12-15-2006, 08:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72rlehEcG10

trailer for the movie = D, looks funny

fahoumh
Fri, 12-15-2006, 12:26 PM
Wow, that looks as unfunny as the show

XanBcoo
Wed, 03-28-2007, 11:10 PM
http://www.gadling.com/2007/03/28/7-elevens-to-be-converted-to-kwik-e-marts/

A deal is pending between the world's largest gas station company and Fox to temporarily convert 11 7-Elevens across the United States into Kwik-E-Marts to promote the upcoming Simpsons Movie. I've taken the liberty of creating an image of what this might look like if the event goes through, and let me be the first to say this is completely awesome.

You'll also be able to buy items inspired by the show, like KrustyO's cereal, Buzz Cola, and iced Squishees. As soon as we find out exactly if, when, and where this happens, we'll be sure and let you know.

Assassin
Thu, 03-29-2007, 01:08 AM
Are they also gonna have a bunch of indian guys working there :p.

Man i'd love to go buy a squishe from there. I'll bet anything that this shit will be selling on ebay eventually.

BioAlien
Thu, 03-29-2007, 01:44 AM
Hahaha, that's gonna be funny to see.
I hope it actually happen.

Testarossa Autodrive
Mon, 04-02-2007, 08:24 PM
I think I stopped watching regularly somewhere around the twelfth or thirteenth season. It just lost that special oomph it once used to have, and that's really disappointing. I'm not sure if I'll see the movie either, since I've lost faith in anything new regarding the Simpsons. But if I hear it gets rave reviews, I might check it out.

BioAlien
Wed, 04-04-2007, 03:53 PM
I think I stopped watching regularly somewhere around the twelfth or thirteenth season. It just lost that special oomph it once used to have, and that's really disappointing. I'm not sure if I'll see the movie either, since I've lost faith in anything new regarding the Simpsons. But if I hear it gets rave reviews, I might check it out.

If you are not so sure, you can alway download the movie when it comes out. And if you really enjoyed it, buy the DVD. I alway do that.

Testarossa Autodrive
Wed, 04-04-2007, 04:16 PM
True. I would end up doing that anyway.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 07-27-2007, 02:20 PM
*Thread Necromancery!*

watched it yesterday, I've enjoyed it more than any movie i've watched in the past year.
Funny from 00:00:01 to the end, and laughs at al gore.

but it was really short, about 80 mintues...

"You're an idiot! and so are you, you and you! paying for something you get for free on the television!"

Kensee
Sat, 07-28-2007, 12:19 AM
*Thread Necromancery!*

watched it yesterday, I've enjoyed it more than any movie i've watched in the past year.
Funny from 00:00:01 to the end, and laughs at al gore.

but it was really short, about 80 mintues...

"You're an idiot! and so are you, you and you! paying for something you get for free on the television!"

Yeah a buddy just watched this movie as well and he totally recommends it. He pretty much said the same as Boo there .. FUNNY the whole way but short.

Raven
Sat, 07-28-2007, 09:57 AM
It was good, but disappointing too, even though I was prepared for it to be. For me it had some funny moments but there were just so many missed opportunities. As in, you think something funny will happen but it moves to the next scene.

*Sigh* I would have liked the movie to be reminiscent of the days of Mr Plow, the Ice Hockey episode, Clown College and Homer becoming a teacher, just to name a few. In order to be funny, it seems that today's episodes (and the movie) just rely on Homer's "big kid" attitude and the fact that he always gets hurt. Gone are the days of the subtle, clever jokes that made you think. Like, what the hell was with Marge washing the dish in the burning house? And the Comic Book Guy's line about his successful life? Not funny. Maybe it's just me.

It was a nice touch to see the original ambulance that crashed into the tree all those years ago when Homer jumps Springfield Gorge on the skateboard. ;)

Overall, entertaining. I didn't expect it to be how I truly wished it to be, and because of that I wasn't totally disappointed.

Koyuki
Sun, 07-29-2007, 04:20 PM
A good movie, if you still like The Simpsons. It was like watching a whole season in 90 minutes.

XanBcoo
Sun, 07-29-2007, 04:58 PM
It was good, but disappointing too, even though I was prepared for it to be. For me it had some funny moments but there were just so many missed opportunities. As in, you think something funny will happen but it moves to the next scene.

*Sigh* I would have liked the movie to be reminiscent of the days of Mr Plow, the Ice Hockey episode, Clown College and Homer becoming a teacher, just to name a few. In order to be funny, it seems that today's episodes (and the movie) just rely on Homer's "big kid" attitude and the fact that he always gets hurt. Gone are the days of the subtle, clever jokes that made you think. Like, what the hell was with Marge washing the dish in the burning house? And the Comic Book Guy's line about his successful life? Not funny. Maybe it's just me.

It was a nice touch to see the original ambulance that crashed into the tree all those years ago when Homer jumps Springfield Gorge on the skateboard. ;)

Overall, entertaining. I didn't expect it to be how I truly wished it to be, and because of that I wasn't totally disappointed.
So basically, it's more similar to the new seasons than the older ones.

Yeah, I'm not seeing this. The recent episodes piss me off more than they entertain me.

Testarossa Autodrive
Sun, 07-29-2007, 08:15 PM
I'm probably not going to see it (in theaters) either, only because I know it'll be more like the newer ones, which have been a complete disappointment in comparison to the older ones (like seasons 3-8). I'm sure there will probably be a moment where I'll snicker, but definitely not bust out laughing every 2 minutes. *sigh* I miss that.

Edited: I just watched a horrible cam rip of it and it was exactly what I was expecting. First and foremost it is definitely not worth seeing in the theaters, IMO. For those of you who aren't as keen on the newer seasons, it's pretty much like that, but one of the better ones (which isn't all that great to be honest). Basically, I would've preferred the writing to be like it used to; more clever, witty and subtle entertainment. And even with the few laughs that I got, it was no where close to how good it could've been.

Raven
Mon, 07-30-2007, 07:35 AM
So basically, it's more similar to the new seasons than the older ones.

Yeah, I'm not seeing this. The recent episodes piss me off more than they entertain me.
Oh, absolutely, yes. I long for the old days.

fahoumh
Mon, 07-30-2007, 11:15 AM
Oh, absolutely, yes. I long for the old days.
A lot of people long for the old days. I started watching it when it started in '89 and watching the show grow was great but watching the sharp decline in quality after the 8th season was heart-breaking. One of my cousin's friends described the show best when he said it had become a parody of itself.

From what I've seen, people who like the new episodes didn't start watching until the mid-90s and they also usually like the newer episodes of Family Guy, which they started watching when it came back with the 4th season....generally speaking, of course.

Testarossa Autodrive
Tue, 07-31-2007, 08:31 PM
Well I was too young to be watching the Simpsons in 89 since I was only about 4 years old. I would say I started watching when I was about 10, which was about 1995 ish. But of course I couldn't truly appreciate the humor back then. It wasn't until a few years ago that I started to religiously watch the reruns they play mon-fri, and hoping for them to show an episode within or before the 8th season. I'm 21 now and I hate when they play anything beyond season 8. I pretty much just don't bother to watch it.

Spiegel
Sun, 08-05-2007, 04:14 PM
I have to say I was excited about this movie coming out. I went to see if finally with my brother the other day. I really loved the movie but it kinda left me with the re-used joke, yeah great watching the movie for the first time, but most likely wont go back to see it again in theaters feeling.

gr3atfull
Wed, 08-08-2007, 10:39 AM
Watched the movie few days agoand the only thing I can say: AMAZING! For those who havent seen it yet, stay for the credits and you will have a suprise....

Animeniax
Wed, 08-08-2007, 01:09 PM
I haven't bothered watching it yet. I stopped watching Simpsons years ago, even though it's my favorite series of all time, animated or otherwise. Like anyone cares, right?

ChaosK
Wed, 08-08-2007, 01:59 PM
Just finished it. It wasn't bad, not great either. It was funnier than I anticipated. To be expected, the beginning where the plot was extremely undefined were most of the funny moments. Once it became about saving Springfield, there were very few funny moments.

fahoumh
Sat, 08-11-2007, 08:15 AM
I finally got around to watching this movie and I couldn't get past 20 minutes. It was just too terrible.