PDA

View Full Version : TV: South Park

Terracosmo
Fri, 03-31-2006, 10:49 PM
Do I need to explain this? Didn't think so. Season 10 started recently, two episodes have aired so far. Locate them at your usual places.

I haven't seen the episodes yet, downloading them now. I'm a semi-big South Park fan, having seen all 9 seasons. Tweek is also one of my favorite characters ever. I mean seriously, can you get more awesome? He's just like me when I drink too much Pepsi Max. CAN'T TAKE THE PRESSURE!

Raven
Sat, 04-01-2006, 03:34 AM
The first two eps of season 10 have been surprisingly funny and entertaining; it was worrying for a while at the end of season 9 because things were really starting to get a bit weak, imo. But yeah, so far a great return to the series of old.

Harima Kenji
Sat, 04-01-2006, 06:28 AM
The first 2 eps were southpark at its best.. Episode 1002 was everything you can wish for in SP.. stupid people, jewjokes, weird story.. the way SP is supposed to be :)
1001 was genious in it's own way..

Terracosmo
Sat, 04-01-2006, 03:32 PM
Small traffic here, I thought we had more South Park fans around.

On 1001: Chef's death was rather surprising, though I wasn't too surprised seeing Isaac Hayes leaving. Pretty fun episode with Chef's old audio clips all mixed up.

On 1002: "I'm sorry your gay song killed your best friend, Stan." LOL. So evil. Loved this one.

Please let there be Tweek next week...

Raven
Sat, 04-01-2006, 07:34 PM
Tweek hasn't been in it for aaaaaages, am I right? I wouldn't hold my breath... but yeah, I love him too!

Terracosmo
Sat, 04-01-2006, 10:11 PM
ARGH! :D

Oh and by the way Matt & Trey were dead on with the whole Clooney's smug speech thingy.. I also found that speech rather pretentious when I heard it.

Xollence
Sun, 04-02-2006, 12:18 AM
Hehe yeah the smug episode was funny. Didn't Clooney do the voice of the gay dog in the earlier seasons?

Oh yeah and I heard on TV that Tom Cruise wanted to shut the South Park show down for some reason.

IFHTT
Sun, 04-02-2006, 12:24 AM
Oh yeah and I heard on TV that Tom Cruise wanted to shut the South Park show down for some reason.
It's because Tom Cruise is an arrogant asshole who believes what he thinks is the way things should be. I hate tom cruise. He's not even a good actor. Worthless piece of egotistical shit.

XanBcoo
Sun, 04-02-2006, 04:54 AM
It's because Tom Cruise is an arrogant asshole who believes what he thinks is the way things should be. I hate tom cruise. He's not even a good actor. Worthless piece of egotistical shit.
He's also apparently a psychic (http://www.wwtdd.com/index.php?type=one&i=762).

Or a complete nutjob.

Knives122
Wed, 04-05-2006, 08:06 PM
Don't forget everyone, tonights ep will be historic:

South Park making fun of Family Guy.

dun..dun...dunnnnnnn

Raven
Thu, 04-06-2006, 08:28 PM
AHAHAHAH the ep this week (about Family Guy) was friggin' hilarious. I loved the way they poked fun at the show - I'm a huge FG fan but this was sooooo true.

Lefty
Thu, 04-06-2006, 10:15 PM
Last nights ep was classic. It's been a while since they had a two part ep.

Terracosmo
Thu, 04-06-2006, 10:18 PM
Funny episode. I'm a big FG fan (even more so than SP) but their parody of it was great. :D

Terracosmo
Tue, 04-25-2006, 06:17 AM
Bump.

About the last episode: Towelie is awesome.

Raven
Tue, 04-25-2006, 08:54 AM
Haha, I just watched the conclusion to the Family Guy story. I like how while they poke fun at FG they also poke fun at themselves by saying they're 'preachy' with all their messages. The Bart Simpson thing was funny too.

Haven't watched the latest yet, I heard Oprah is in it?

XanBcoo
Tue, 04-25-2006, 10:27 AM
Yes she is. So is her vagina and asshole. Not a hugely funny episode but the premise alone is hilarious.

I also liked how in the FG episode South Park took a couple of shots at itself. But the highlight was definitely the cartoon at the end about America. Awesome way to end the show - even if Comedy Central did refuse to show the image of Muhammad.

Ero-Fan
Tue, 04-25-2006, 03:24 PM
Did anyone notice that they had animated Muhammad before? It was way back in some David Blaine cult episode. He was one of the Super Best Friends and he could use fire. Guess that explains why they never show that episode anymore either.

Knives122
Wed, 04-26-2006, 11:07 PM
Watch out!!! it's the Man-bear Pig!!!!!

what the hell was this episode about anyway, the end was the funniest

Raven
Thu, 04-27-2006, 03:01 AM
Er, I doubt that part about Comedy Central not showing Muhammad was real... I'm pretty sure that was the main punchline of the whole double episode. They did it on purpose.

XanBcoo
Thu, 04-27-2006, 10:37 AM
Er, I doubt that part about Comedy Central not showing Muhammad was real... I'm pretty sure that was the main punchline of the whole double episode. They did it on purpose.
Nope (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/04/13/AR2006041302212.html).

I thought it was a joke too at the time, just SP taking another shot at itself, but Comedy Central really did refuse to show any image of Muhammad.

Raven
Thu, 04-27-2006, 06:50 PM
After having read that article, I'd still say that what we saw in the episode was intentional. What probably happened was, Trey and Matt pitched their conceptual idea of the episode (including the showing of Muhammad) to CC, which was turned down, so they probably did it in such a way that let everyone know that CC hadn't allowed it.

Let's say that episode aired uncensored. We would have seen Muhammad give Peter the helmet, right? Then they would have showed that American guy saying "oh, that wasn't so bad" or whatever it was. That wouldn't have been funny at all. It was clearly intentionally meant to be that way, imo. They probably said "ok, CC won't let us show Muhammad, how can we write the episode to get around this?" They wouldn't just air the episode with a small section censored, they'd pull the entire episode, no?

ChaosK
Thu, 04-27-2006, 06:56 PM
I thought South Park was mocking Comedy Central like Fox shows often do with Fox. At the end of the 1st part of cartoon wars they were saying "or will comedy central puss out?" It was probably meant to be part of the episode, however i didn't see the episode mentioned in Xanbcoo's article where they said Muhammad had already been shown once.

Terracosmo
Thu, 04-27-2006, 06:59 PM
Watch out!!! it's the Man-bear Pig!!!!!

Are you cereal?!

XanBcoo
Thu, 04-27-2006, 09:39 PM
After having read that article, I'd still say that what we saw in the episode was intentional. What probably happened was, Trey and Matt pitched their conceptual idea of the episode (including the showing of Muhammad) to CC, which was turned down, so they probably did it in such a way that let everyone know that CC hadn't allowed it.
[snip]
They probably said "ok, CC won't let us show Muhammad, how can we write the episode to get around this?" They wouldn't just air the episode with a small section censored, they'd pull the entire episode, no?
I see what you're saying now. They didn't censor the episode per se, they just wrote around the part CC didn't want in the first place. But my point is still that Comedy Central wouldn't allow it, and like CK said, Matt and Trey decided to mock them for it.

Raven
Fri, 04-28-2006, 01:14 AM
Are you cereal?!
He's super-cereal.

But my point is still that Comedy Central wouldn't allow it, and like CK said, Matt and Trey decided to mock them for it.
*nods*

Raven
Tue, 05-09-2006, 01:16 AM
The latest episode was pretty satisfying, I thought. Ever since the beginning of this series I have always wondered if it's possible for Cartman to change - not just pretend or fake it but actually change into a normal boy. So even if he will change back to his old ways very easily, at least we know it's possible for him to receive help and live a normal life.

But I love the evil little bastard anyway. :D

samsonlonghair
Wed, 05-10-2006, 05:09 AM
Surely you can't love any character more than...

http://www.samsproductions.com/minivandad72/Blog%20Images/southpark/haraspanda.gif
Sexual Harassment Panda!

XanBcoo
Wed, 05-10-2006, 01:28 PM
^^^ That post made me a saaaaaad panda :(.

I also liked the Dog Whisperer episode. I laughed so much at the nips to the neck he was given, making him fall over. For some reason, whenever I see Cartman from a different angle than from the side or front, it just sets me off. Really funny stuff.

Stoopider
Fri, 05-12-2006, 09:28 AM
Eric Cartman is awesome

XanBcoo
Wed, 10-04-2006, 11:46 PM
Did anyone else watch the World of Warcraft episode today? Fucking hilarious. I don't even play WoW but I understood nearly everything that was said. Epic episode.

Also, I loved hearing "pwn" said on TV.

LaZie
Thu, 10-05-2006, 12:06 AM
Its on right now and I just saw them get PKed by the gay ass high lvl. LOL :p

XanBcoo
Thu, 10-05-2006, 01:11 AM
Motivational Poster go!

How can you kill that which has no life? (http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/4194/wowly6.jpg)

suckitdry
Thu, 10-05-2006, 01:26 AM
for first show in "epic" 10th season, this not epic at all. decent show, but I want better!

some funny, rely 2 much on cool animation. Stan' dad like every other episode: annoying, one-tone stupid bitch.

KoKo37
Thu, 10-05-2006, 02:06 AM
South Park - Season 10 : Episode 8 (http://torrentspy.com/torrent/874947/South_park_season_10_Epsiode_8)

This season of South Park has been nothing short of superb so far. I got a good laugh when that high level guy started dancing and then killed them, and at that "Live to Win" song while they were killing all those boars.

Very funny episode overall.

Terracosmo
Thu, 10-05-2006, 07:56 AM
That was a great episode... awesome the way Cartman smashed the PK guy's head :D Also nice to see Tweak again, he's my idol.

Yukimura
Thu, 10-05-2006, 01:48 PM
I loved the massively broken sword with realistic stats (the attributes were real but blown completely out of rational proportiosns) Also Butters showing up with the same char was Cartmen was classic.

Lefty
Thu, 10-05-2006, 10:06 PM
This was definatly a calssic ep. If this was a warm up I can't wait to see what they come up with next.

Raven
Fri, 10-06-2006, 09:52 AM
I liked how it would be funny to both WoW players and those who know nothing about it, but in different ways.

I loved it because I'm a WoW player, and so much of it was true.

Genma
Fri, 10-06-2006, 10:21 AM
I honestly thought that this was the worst episode of South Park that I've ever seen, probably due to the fact that I can't get into WoW and I don't think internet humor is that funny.

Normally I'll crack a smile or even laugh out loud during a South Park episode, but for this entire one I was just like "Uhh... :|".

ChaosK
Fri, 10-06-2006, 04:18 PM
I thought it was hilarious.

Butters: I dont play world of warcraft
Cartman: butters you say you play on the computer all day
Butters: I play hello kitty island adventure
Cartman: *ugh*...butters go out and buy world of warcraft, and install it before we all...murder you.

And the dramatic lines of everyone going

"this may very well be the end of the world............................................. .................................................. ...........of warcraft.

darkmetal505
Fri, 10-06-2006, 06:54 PM
it was a classic.

"Mom, bathroom, bathroom"

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y159/Dark_Kakashi_Omen/All%20Can%20Use/PooPooPlatter.gif

ChaosK
Fri, 10-06-2006, 10:34 PM
it was a classic.

"Mom, bathroom, bathroom"

I guess what they say is true, hotpockets cause diaherrea.

eat_toast
Sat, 10-07-2006, 08:30 PM
I was kind of hoping for them to sqeeze a "Leroy Jenkins" in there, but I guess not. Still pretty funny, considering I know people just like that, who spend every moment of every day on mmorpgs.

XanBcoo
Sat, 10-07-2006, 10:13 PM
I was kind of hoping for them to sqeeze a "Leroy Jenkins" in there, but I guess not. Still pretty funny, considering I know people just like that, who spend every moment of every day on mmorpgs.
That's what was so funny for me as well. I don't play mmorpgs but one of my best buddies plays FFXI all the freaking time. I gotta force him to watch this one.

Raven
Sun, 10-08-2006, 02:14 AM
There was a Leeroy reference though...

"He isn't such and such specced." *pause* ".... Christ."

eat_toast
Sun, 10-08-2006, 03:05 PM
There was a Leeroy reference though...

"He isn't such and such specced." *pause* ".... Christ."

Ehh, I can see that. Seems a little of a stretch though. And I guess the whole 90% mortality rate could be constured as a reference too, if you wanted to go that far... I was hoping more along the lines of someone actually shouting their name and running idiotically into battle, oh well.

wowza161
Mon, 10-09-2006, 03:58 AM
I was really expecting either Jimmy or Timmy to pull a Leroy Jenkins while Cartman was coaching their party on what needed to be done. Also, I was a bit surprised to see Blizzard's logo displayed in the cartoon; I may be wrong, but doesn't this suggest that Blizzard had actually agreed to allow its name to be used as a target for South Park to poke fun at?

Terracosmo
Mon, 10-09-2006, 06:48 AM
Of course, how do you think they managed to create those unique character animations? In addition, Blizzard employees actually voiced characters in the episode.

ChaosK
Mon, 10-09-2006, 02:04 PM
Of course, how do you think they managed to create those unique character animations? In addition, Blizzard employees actually voiced characters in the episode.

That would go to show that Blizzard considers their players people without lives wouldn't it? :D

Raven
Wed, 10-11-2006, 05:17 AM
It just shows they have a sense of humor, which is obvious based on all the funny content in their games.

kooshi
Wed, 10-11-2006, 11:12 AM
I just ABSOLUTELY loved this episode! Sure, there were a few mistakes made (ie. Stan's dad's character was a hunter, but hunters can't use shields), but still damn funny.
My favorite part was when the uber guy casted fireball to kill Cartman at the very beginning. C'mon, you got a naked guy with a plate helmet standing, then all of a sudden, he pulls out a fireball. I was laughing so much that my brother was scared of me for a moment, haha.

Terracosmo
Thu, 10-19-2006, 10:45 PM
LMAO I just saw the latest episode (about teacher/student relationships) and I found it incredibly funny. I just loved the way the guys went "nice" all the time. Hilarious. Also I think that it's a pretty interesting subject to do a parody of so the episode felt interesting at the same time (think about it, there's probably nobody who takes "females having sex with minors" as seriously as "males having sex with minors", even if one tries, it just doesn't work to imagine the same way)

Genma
Fri, 10-20-2006, 01:05 PM
Haggah, the latest episode was probably my favorite of this season so far.

The ending was a bit cliche, since I saw it coming from a mile away, but it was still pretty funny. Cartman prancing around like Dog the Bounty Hunter was pretty funny too, especially when he kept saying "find christ bra" or something along those lines.

Niiiice.

ChaosK
Fri, 10-20-2006, 05:19 PM
Stan's Dad: That's the teacher? but she's hot! ....nice...
Random Audience: nice...

and

Cartman: My god I can't believe it, she's using the mel gibbson defense!

Terracosmo
Fri, 11-10-2006, 09:20 AM
Man, is it just me, or is South Park just unnecessarily gory lately? Sure it's always have it's share of extreme cartoon violence but come on, like 10 people die every episode at least and in gruesome ways. It's just not funny. The funniest episodes are the one where Stone & Parker use their humorous/fucked up vein... episodes like Underpants Gnomes! Hell yeah!

Bleh. I suddenly got the urge to buy a Wii :S

Yukimura
Fri, 11-10-2006, 02:14 PM
I've noticed that too, I've written it off as a replacement for the old Kenny joke. But it is still pretty over the top. When Bush shot that MoveOn.org guy in the head I was pretty freaked out, but now since it happenes in every episode it just doesn't seem all that interesting.

Jadugar
Sat, 11-11-2006, 05:55 PM
If you have missed any of the episodes then you can watch em online.

http://allabout-sp.net/episodes.php

Raven
Sat, 11-11-2006, 07:13 PM
Nice, Jadugar, niiiicccccce.

Man, I want the Wii so much more now. Maybe I should freeze myself.

Stoopider
Sat, 11-11-2006, 08:10 PM
I love South Park. Although they are sometimes preachy, but to me their the voice of reason of America. I agree to alot of their opinions. I find some of their best episodes are involving Butters and Cartman. Cartman's probably the best character of nearly all American Cartoons ever. My favorite episode would be Scott Tenermann must die. Thats the one Cartman killed Scott's parents and fed him his parents.

XanBcoo
Thu, 11-16-2006, 08:24 PM
So who can help me count the sports movie references in the latest episode? I'm pretty sure there were several Mighty Ducks references, and I also recognized the lines from The Bad News Bears in Breaking Training (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075718/) (the "let them play!" scene). I'm also pretty sure the ending scene with the guy hugging his dad and whatnot was a parody of something, but I wasn't sure what.

Either way, good episode. The ending :(.

ChaosK
Fri, 11-17-2006, 07:45 PM
Yeah I was wondering what the fuck there were doing with the ending. The best part was

Preschooler: We need a Canadian!

I was hoping Ike would like, explode and kick everyone's ass during the final game.

Terracosmo
Fri, 11-17-2006, 08:04 PM
"Please don't let us lose, my dad will beat me again" XD

Raven
Sat, 11-18-2006, 05:58 PM
"He won't listen to me, I'm just his father. But you're his coach, you're like a father to him!"

XanBcoo, I think it was just a parody of Mighty Ducks in general - the meaningful stares between father and son when a major goal is accomplished. Cheesy, cheesy stuff.

XanBcoo
Sun, 11-19-2006, 02:21 AM
XanBcoo, I think it was just a parody of Mighty Ducks in general - the meaningful stares between father and son when a major goal is accomplished. Cheesy, cheesy stuff.
Yeah, that's what I thought too, but the Bad News Bears reference made me think they might have thrown in other sports movie jokes. It's been a while since I've seen it, but I don't remember any father-son moments in The Mighty Ducks.

gr3atfull
Sun, 03-25-2007, 02:42 PM
Just watched the three episodes from season 11. First one is okay, second one and third one are amazing. Any one seen Al Gore and his movie,Inconvenient Truth, references ?

Assassin
Sun, 03-25-2007, 05:45 PM
Second one was awesome :p.

cartman: i put my wang in butter's mouth. that makes him gay
kyle: no dude. that makes you gay.
cartman: ....

fucking awesome :D

masamuneehs
Tue, 04-03-2007, 08:13 AM
Second one was awesome :p.

cartman: i put my wang in butter's mouth. that makes him gay
kyle: no dude. that makes you gay.
cartman: ....

fucking awesome :D

just saw that episode. I was really shocked that in the end they had Butters being "i'm bi-curious!". I couldn't tell if they were joking along the theme of Butters not knowing what people are talking about... it seemed like he knew what he was saying...

I'm not sure I like them taking an 8 year old and giving him that kind of sexual orientation. Not to say that it's not possible for bisexuality to start that early (i have no idea), but it just seems very young, and very out of character, for him to come to that decision... Besides, they already have Big Al and Garrison representing the gay community. Why'd they have to go and take my favorite character too? :(

the episode was hilarious though. The 24 knockoff from earlier this week was very well done too, although the whole bashing of Hilary Clinton got old way too fast. New season has been real hit or miss. The writing seems even more heavy-handed than ever before and I sort of get tired of listening to them preach and carry on about political and racial themes.

Raven
Tue, 04-03-2007, 09:59 PM
Butters never actually knew what it meant, that's what made it so funny. He never was bi-curious either. He just went along with what everyone was saying about him, like he always does.

The latest ep was sooo well done, the whole 24 thing was brilliant. I don't know why people kicked up such a fuss about the Queen though, South Park has done much more offensive stuff than that in the past.

Raven
Fri, 04-06-2007, 08:45 PM
Hooray for seasonal specials! This episode was not absolutely amazing but funny none the less.

"Look... MORE closlier!"

Ryllharu
Fri, 04-06-2007, 08:58 PM
Personally, I thought it was comedy gold. They hit on the Da Vinci Code and Secret Societies in general. They made the Catholic League look like the bunch of assholes they are and made the Pope look good by telling them it probably wasn't such a good idea to go threatening and killing people since it obviously isn't very Christian.

They even killed off Jesus (that part, gruesome as it was, sold the episode for me, especially with the "Eric Cartman can never know about this.")

Plus, Stan carrying around Snowball was kinda cute.

It pretty much had everything a seasonal special could want. Reestablished the meaning of Easter, the Resurrection, gave a message about what religion really should be about (not having anyone order you to do things their way), hit on the Catholic League's current activities, and made me laugh.

Mr. Roboto
Mon, 04-09-2007, 12:45 PM
the Hare Club for Men was great. the part about the pope's hat was pretty funny too.

masamuneehs
Wed, 04-11-2007, 11:49 PM
"This is LESBOS!!!"

I was pretty impressed. Did not see the whole 300 parody coming at all, was a pleasant direction to take an otherwise subpar Mr/s Garrison episode. I feel like they've been doing more and more episodes where they focus on some minor/side character and some absurd plotline and using the boys for like 5 minutes of unrelated stuff...

XanBcoo
Thu, 04-12-2007, 01:03 AM
Just saw the episode, that was loving brilliant.

The whole slow-motion thing was something me and my friends have been making fun of ever since we saw the movie. Awesome.

Assassin
Thu, 04-12-2007, 01:15 AM
lol a very nice ep. for some reason i wasn't laughing as hard as i expected. maybe its cuz i haven't watched 300 yet and i was afraid of being spoiled. But still, lots of funny stuff.

I loved how butters was like "you have to be careful with scissors" lol.

Mr. Roboto
Thu, 04-12-2007, 09:45 AM
you have to love the part when mr./ms. garrison is making the coffee.

Raven
Fri, 04-13-2007, 05:32 AM
Haha, I only saw 300 a few days ago so this was perfect timing for me.

I laughed like crazy at Jimmy's line: "I even got a nice letter from my esay who works at the U-Haul!"

XanBcoo
Sat, 04-14-2007, 12:24 AM
The awesome thing about the episode is that the slang word Lesbo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lesbos_Island) actually refers to a Greek island.

It's such a clever parallel, and I didn't think of it until I watched the episode again tonight.

Raven
Thu, 04-19-2007, 07:11 AM
This week's episode was great. That suicide scene was a crackup. And I loved that part where Kyle's dad started walking among them and turned into one.

Ah, homeless people. I'm so grateful there's none anywhere near where I live.

masamuneehs
Thu, 04-19-2007, 07:34 AM
some thing cracked me up. i especially loved when they were trying to get on the roof and you hear the guy's voice going:

"Oh no! That one's a war veteran... we're going to have to give him some change..."

and when the one guy said, "god bless you" and Stan's dad was like, "No! Now I feel bad!" and gave him change.

the "change = "brains" and the whole monster movie motif got a bit tired. I was happy to see an episode focus alot on the boys though. A pretty good one.

complich8
Thu, 04-19-2007, 10:25 AM
Left me somewhat unsure what their actual point about the homeless is. But it was still pretty hilarious, particularly with the movie-reference armored schoolbus and dumping the homeless problem on California :p.

Assassin
Thu, 04-19-2007, 02:43 PM
i broke out laughing when they started play that song on the bus. but were they trying to make some sort of statement with this episode or was the homeless thing just more randomness?

Raven
Fri, 04-20-2007, 03:29 AM
I'd say it's just a funny explanation as to why the amount of them seems to be growing and appear randomly.

Masa, that war veteran line made me lol in real life.

Raven
Thu, 10-04-2007, 06:10 AM
Season 11 Ep 8 is out...

... hilarious!

OH GOD IT'S CHRIS HANSON!

masamuneehs
Thu, 10-04-2007, 12:19 PM
i actually really enjoyed this episode. Cartman was back in top form, and I like how they focused on him with just Kyle and Butters thrown in to a lesser degree. A bit repetitive, but the show's always been heavy-handed with its jokes and themes. Some of those lines were absolutely unbelievable. Haven't heard stuff like that on TV for awhile now.

The Chris Hanson thing got stale the fastest. The 'Golden Ticket' song was a great reference, and it set the tone of the episode well.

I liked the Tourrette's (sp?) Syndrome kid.

Assassin
Thu, 10-04-2007, 02:17 PM
what was the deal with that blue kid? "if i could say ____ to ____ i would be soo happy"

lol that was just weird. but i loved how at the end of the ep he was like "you're the coolest...can i hang out with you sometime. maybe do your laundry" to the tourrets kid.

Raven
Mon, 10-22-2007, 06:58 AM
/me sings the Imagination song...

Man I can't wait till part 2! I wonder what some of the evil imagination monsters will be.

Take a guess people! There's bound to be heaps we know. Osama, maybe? Saddam?

Yes, I realize they're not imaginary. ;)

masamuneehs
Mon, 10-22-2007, 08:47 AM
was wondering if/when people here were going to comment on this. i was at a friend's house watching with a few people, and that Imagination song made me think "God, that's got to be the worst part of this episode" and right afterwards they have the terrorist attack, which was pretty sick. And, of course, right as that scene ended, the guy's ditzy flakey girlfriend comes back into the room from who knows where and goes, "Oh... did I miss the episode? Could we rewind (has Tivo) and rewatch it?"

and then she got through it and was like, "that was really fucked up. i can't believe I just watched that." and I go, "I can't believe I just watched it twice..."

but it did have some good things, particularly Cartman and Butters doing their respective things. For some reason, I really liked how they did the end of the bombing scene where Kyle is calling to Stan and he totally can't hear him until he touches him. I can't remember what film that's from, but it was well copied here.

as for the future... my guess is that the Terrorism storyline takes a backseat to the Kyle sucking Cartman's balls storyline (i swear, they have way too much gay shit going on in a show supposedly about 8 year olds...), and we get some legal drama crap where Cartman equates Kyle's attempt to back out of the deal as being part of the war on terrorism (once again, the SP creators aren't very imaginative).

But, as for the roots of the terrorism thing, I'm thinking the Crab People. That or some lame explanation about how the terrorists have no imagination and so felt they had to attack blah blah blah... I think we'll see a "super friends" league of other imaginary characters come into play to rescue the captured ones and fight the terrorists... as for what comes out from behind the wall... maybe another shot at a celebrity.

Raven
Thu, 03-20-2008, 09:10 AM
Season 12 eps 1 and 2 are out, and the season's shaping up to be great. Two awesome episodes so far. The Britney one was classic, made a good point.

masamuneehs
Thu, 03-20-2008, 11:09 AM
wow, i thought last night's episode (Episode 2 of Season 12) was one of the least funny SP episodes I've ever seen... I enjoyed the first episode of the season because Cartman vs Kyle is probably the best character setup they have on the show, but this last one was just awful.

And, besides, I thought the "point" was just a bunch of celebrity, Hollywood bashing like they've always done, they just updated it to address Britney's current situation.

complich8
Thu, 03-20-2008, 01:30 PM
I also found this week's episode to be ... not particularly funny, and pretty stupid. I'm usually a fan of south park, but I think that episode qualifies as the single shittiest ep they've ever produced.

Assassin
Thu, 03-20-2008, 03:22 PM
the mutilated brittney head is what got me...i was actually eating while watching that, and it wasn't easy. i didn't enjoy the first ep too much as well, although it was better then the second one. For some reason i didn't find the whole aids thing that funny...maybe it was the fact that cartman shoots his blood into kyle's mouth....just grossed me out.

Archangel
Sat, 03-29-2008, 06:14 PM
Lol call me a nerd all you want but my favourite episode was the one made with the world of warcraft guys. For someone that has actually played the game that episode was freaking hilarious lol

Ryllharu
Sat, 03-29-2008, 10:35 PM
If the Brittney episode was somewhat bland, I loved this week's Heavy Metal parody. But, toss in a mention at the War on Drugs, and top it all off with a slam at Eliot Spitzer of New York State.

Easily the best episode since the three parter to imaginationland.

I'd recommend watching the uncensored version off Southparkstudios.com though. Streamed for free.

XanBcoo
Sun, 03-30-2008, 10:42 PM
If the Brittney episode was somewhat bland, I loved this week's Heavy Metal parody.
I knew that was a reference to something, but I honestly had no idea what. After reading this post I looked it up and it made watching tonight's rerun that much funnier.

lol, Breastiary.

Raven
Thu, 04-17-2008, 04:50 AM
This week's episode was hilarious and accurate. I can totally see something like this happening in real life.

NO INTERNET?!?!?!?!?!?!?!11

Genma
Fri, 04-18-2008, 02:41 PM
Yeah this last episode was def my favorite of the season. I wasn't really liking this season, had a lot of misses imo, but this episode changed my mind.

Ectoplasm lol.

Raven
Thu, 10-09-2008, 07:40 AM
New episode out.

Man, that was incredibly wrong but hilarious at the same time. There's just something about "shooting a guy in the dick".

Oh, and Mr Beardy and SS would totally be like that in real life, it's obvious.
Funnily enough, I felt a bit like crying too after seeing that movie. I could relate, yo.

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 10-09-2008, 04:06 PM
I didn't understand. Indiana Jones was raped? Did I miss something?

Raven
Fri, 10-10-2008, 06:57 AM
Did you watch the movie?

Assassin
Fri, 10-10-2008, 11:55 AM
lol. good episode, though the multiple rape scenes caused emotional scarring. cartman and butters were awesome. is it just me or does cartman sound different? did they get a new VA or something?

The Heretic Azazel
Fri, 10-10-2008, 12:38 PM
Did you watch the movie?

Well, no...but I just assumed Indiana Jones being raped would be an odd thing for the franchise, that's all...

Would someone like to explain?

Raven
Sat, 10-11-2008, 01:47 AM
Well, no...but I just assumed Indiana Jones being raped would be an odd thing for the franchise, that's all...

Would someone like to explain?
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic...

Basically, the general viewpoint is that the new Indiana Jones movie essentially "raped" the concept of the franchise and destroyed all our old memories of the original trilogy. It was that bad. People blame Lucas and Spielberg, kind of similar to Star Wars.

Raven
Thu, 04-09-2009, 04:21 AM
Question: anyone here like fishsticks?

sl00ke
Thu, 04-09-2009, 06:38 AM
i dont :P

Penner
Thu, 04-09-2009, 09:26 AM
not really :D

Assassin
Thu, 04-09-2009, 07:45 PM
lol pretty funny episode.

Sapphire
Fri, 04-10-2009, 08:29 AM
Fishsticks?

I do!

Ryllharu
Fri, 04-10-2009, 08:37 AM
seriously, fsck Carlos Mencia. So glad they did that.

Sapphire
Fri, 04-10-2009, 09:25 AM
You mean people still care about him?

XanBcoo
Tue, 04-14-2009, 01:24 AM
seriously, fsck Carlos Mencia. So glad they did that.
I have never felt such a thrill of anticipation during a South Park episode. My heart sank a little when Kanye backed off and said he wasn't going to kill Mencia. Then he let his homies do the work and a wave of satisfaction rolled over me.

I didn't notice at first, but the entire episode was a knock at Mencia, with Cartman playing his role across from Jimmy. It was pretty great.

Unfortunately the douchbag just doesn't get it, according to his twitter page: http://twitter.com/cmencia

I'm not a gay fish. I stole a joke hahaha. I thought SP was hystatical and an honor. Keep spreading the Mencia word. I looove fish sticks!

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sun, 04-19-2009, 02:12 AM
he's just proving south parks point about what a psycho douchebag he is. Im not one to bash people but he definitely deserves it.

newest ep was alright but nothing beats last week's kanye epic

XanBcoo
Sun, 04-19-2009, 08:05 PM
They have a full length version of "Gay Fish" up on the southpark studios website.

Last week's episode was truly a return to the style of the earlier seasons. There hasn't been a wacky episode like that in a while.

"How stupid are you people? Babyfarts McGeezax?? Space Cash??

And Randy in the Leia outfit stealing the Hadron Collider doohickey. Fucking lol.

Raven
Fri, 10-09-2009, 03:30 AM
13-08 is out, and pretty funny to boot.

Having never been, is Chipotle (the restaurant) really that bad? lol

The judges at the pageant were just wrong. But this show still makes me laugh after all these years.

Penner
Fri, 10-09-2009, 10:47 AM
Theres a restaurant called Chipotle??

I've always thought it was just the salsa-like sauce thing ive used in tacos and such..

XanBcoo
Fri, 10-09-2009, 12:15 PM
I feel like I should have laughed at that episode, but I wasn't in love with it.

I guess I'd have to watch it again, but there weren't any laugh out loud moments for me. It just seemed a bit too topical and pop-culturey what with all the name dropping and television show references.

I'm with Stan and Kyle on the Chipotle issue. I've never had problems with it.

Sapphire
Fri, 10-09-2009, 12:16 PM
I loved this ep, baby Ike is sou cute!

Archangel
Fri, 10-09-2009, 12:56 PM
Wasn't it a bit too soon to be making fun of MJ? Well at least they didn't joke about him being a pedo

XanBcoo
Fri, 10-09-2009, 01:18 PM
Wasn't it a bit too soon to be making fun of MJ? Well at least they didn't joke about him being a pedo
Most of his lines were a callback to the older episode about him.

Why is it too soon for Jackson and not too soon for any of the other dead celebrities?

Archangel
Fri, 10-09-2009, 01:22 PM
Most of his lines were a callback to the older episode about him.

Why is it too soon for Jackson and not too soon for any of the other dead celebrities?

I just mentioned him because he was on the focus of the episode, i thought the whole thing was a tad inappropriate

Sapphire
Fri, 10-09-2009, 01:24 PM
Then South Park has achieved it's goal lol.

They also poke fun at "too soon" when they talked about AIDS and 9/11 back in the day

Yukimura
Fri, 10-09-2009, 01:36 PM
I had Chipotle for lunch yesterday as well as many times in the past and have not noticed any blood in my underwear yet. That said I have long suspected that an entire Chipotle burrito was probably an unhealthy amount of food to consume in one sitting but then again this is America.

Ryllharu
Fri, 10-09-2009, 03:37 PM
Wasn't it a bit too soon to be making fun of MJ?
SouthParkStudios' ability to crank out an episode in less than a week due to their low production costs is part of the reason they are able to stay so popular and relevant. As much as they were telling MJ to move on in the episode, they are also pointing the mirror at us.

I had Chipotle for lunch yesterday as well as many times in the past and have not noticed any blood in my underwear yet.
Too bad we can't all have golden buttholes!

XanBcoo
Fri, 10-09-2009, 04:02 PM
Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I liked how much Cartman was obsessed with Billy Mayes.

Makes me think it was a jab at all the people who seriously mourned the death of someone who yelled at them on television, urging them to buy pointless shit like the Jupiter Jack. I mean, I loved Pitchmen, but the only thing that show did was show me how much of a douchebag Mayes was in his daily life.

Raven
Fri, 10-09-2009, 07:30 PM
By the way... my whole life I've always pronounced it "chip-oh-lay" but it turns out I've been wrong and it's actually "chipolt-lay".

My universe has come crashing down! :(

XanBcoo
Wed, 10-14-2009, 11:24 PM
hahaha holy shit this episode was amazing. Butters is amazing. The police chief is amazing.

Butters done changed the game. Do you know what I am saying?

Raven
Thu, 10-15-2009, 04:45 AM
So ridiculous in a hilarious way. The police chief is really dedicated to his work.

"Yes I know what you are saying, you don't have to keep asking me."

Archangel
Thu, 10-15-2009, 02:42 PM
Butters be pimpin yo

Penner
Thu, 10-15-2009, 03:45 PM
Epic. .

Assassin
Fri, 10-16-2009, 05:36 PM
Every episode with butters is awesome.

Raven
Sun, 10-18-2009, 06:16 AM
The evidence bag! >_<

XanBcoo
Thu, 10-22-2009, 10:24 AM
"They took his job!"

"Dey took hirs jeeeeaaab"

"DEY DEERRP BIR DIRRRRR"

"He broke his jaw!"

"He birr birr derrrr..."

Penner
Thu, 10-22-2009, 10:51 AM
That ep was awesome, lately South Park has really gotten back to the crazyass humour from earlier season and its fucking hilarious!

Raven
Fri, 10-23-2009, 07:41 AM
I loved how their wrestling show kept getting more epic with massive grandstands and spotlights, not to mention polite theater applause.

Dey tukkk hirrrrrrssssss jaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrbbb!!

XanBcoo
Fri, 10-23-2009, 08:50 AM
I believe the boys' final show took place in a large Greek Amphitheater, which was an amazing touch, given the subject matter.

Sapphire
Fri, 10-23-2009, 09:03 AM
This episode was so hilarious. I love South Park.

XanBcoo
Thu, 10-29-2009, 01:30 AM
Tonight's episode hit the ground running. About a minute in and we get Japanese peasants murdering dolphins. It stayed pretty dense with jokes and commentary throughout, and the last line was amazing.

The twist about Hiroshima came out of nowhere, but it was also hilarious.

But not quite as hilarious as Cartman singing Poker Face: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf0S4JVypWg

Raven
Thu, 10-29-2009, 07:02 AM
I actually thought this episode was a bit meh, they relied too much on gore to be funny. Is that gray-haired fat guy a real person?

masamuneehs
Thu, 10-29-2009, 08:40 AM
i liked the excessive violence, even if the socio/political punchline was a little weak to merit a full episode's fuel of drive. it was a pretty entertaining episode, although i didn't really care for all the railing on the stupid shows. fucking wasting the time on your show to diss another show you think is a waste of time???

Yukimura
Thu, 10-29-2009, 09:48 AM
I laughed hard at this one, the absurdity of crying about whales and dolphins when there are plenty of less cute and cuddly animals slaughtered every day was funny enough. I didn't really care about the boring shows they were ragging on so it was almost more funny since I just imagined the idiot characters on the boat weren't based on anything real but just typical South Park idiots.

Penner
Fri, 10-30-2009, 11:03 AM
I actually thought this episode was a bit meh, they relied too much on gore to be funny. Is that gray-haired fat guy a real person?

He is indeed (Paul Watson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Watson))

And yes, they are as fucking lame in "Whale Wars" as they described them on South Park, ive seen a few eps of the show and god does it suck :P

Sapphire
Fri, 10-30-2009, 12:10 PM
I was a little annoyed by the Lady Gaga reference, but this episode (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-524648/Antarctic-whale-war-continues-protesters-bombard-harpoon-ship-stink-bombs.html) was still pretty good. I really like the episodes with a lot of layers of hilarity like the wrestling one though.

I loved the way they pronounced "whale" lol

Raven
Sat, 10-31-2009, 07:41 PM
I might be out of the loop and missing something here, but why would you be annoyed about the Lady Gaga reference?

Penner
Sat, 10-31-2009, 08:43 PM
I'm also curious to the answer of Raven's question ^_^

Archangel
Sat, 10-31-2009, 08:56 PM
She probably just doesn't like her

Sapphy is a very temperamental and feisty girl, i don't think there's anything she doesn't have a strong opinion about

Sapphire
Sun, 11-01-2009, 10:15 AM
15 minutes of fame references like that (esp. with no plot connecting it to anything) make me feel like the episode is losing it's timelessness.

masamuneehs
Sun, 11-01-2009, 10:57 AM
15 minutes of fame references like that (esp. with no plot connecting it to anything) make me feel like the episode is losing it's timelessness.

this might be the most insightful thing you have ever said.

bitch, who you buying wheat from?

LaZie
Tue, 11-03-2009, 01:30 AM
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b273/LaZieKiD/fuckyoucow.jpg
I think it describes the ending pretty well.

Penner
Thu, 11-05-2009, 02:45 PM
BRUUUUBUBUBUBUBUBUBUB

Raven
Fri, 11-06-2009, 02:26 AM
I'm a little bit bike-curious.

Archangel
Fri, 11-06-2009, 09:23 AM
I have to say i always hated those fags too

Penner
Sun, 11-08-2009, 09:08 AM
GLAAD protests 'South Park' f-bomb episode (http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/11/glaad-protests-south-park-fbomb-episode.html)

Ryllharu
Sun, 11-08-2009, 09:35 AM
Looks like Trey and Matt got exactly what they wanted out of this episode, lots of discussion.

Like some commenters there noted, it looks like GLAAD didn't watch the part of the episode where the bikers go through the dictionary, or that the kids, including Cartman, weren't homophobic in any way.

It seems to me that some groups would rather cling to the derogatory definition of the word because it is, "their word," rather than let the natural evolution of language take away any hurtful or malicious meaning to the word away. The same thing happened with the word "gay" too. If you just take a word and exclusively use it to describe your group eventually changing the meaning of the word in society, you can't cry foul when another group tries to do the same thing. Words can't be owned.

Penner
Sun, 11-08-2009, 10:09 AM
Well said Ryll. ^_^

Archangel
Sun, 11-08-2009, 11:32 AM
South Park does it again

UChessmaster
Sun, 11-08-2009, 12:31 PM
If the word fag becomes a general term to denote negative stuff in general i wouldn`t be any happier, no idea what GLAAD is thinking, if we start banin south park episodes because it`s offensive, there would be no south park... at ALL.

Assassin
Sun, 11-08-2009, 01:20 PM
GLAAD is a bunch of fags

UChessmaster
Sun, 11-08-2009, 04:13 PM
Honestly, if it were a biker organization complaining that would make far more sense imo.

Raven
Mon, 11-09-2009, 04:38 AM
I'm gonna play devil's advocate and say I can sort of see where they're coming from. While GLAAD do get the joke, if even a few people think saying the word is suddenly ok and start saying it more, then it's a bad thing. I don't really think it's a problem but I can see both sides of the argument.

XanBcoo
Wed, 11-11-2009, 10:47 PM
Goddamn that episode was not subtle at all. Feels a little late for South Park to be jumping on the Glenn Beck hate train, but it was perfect in every way.

I loved what they did with the Smurfs thing.

I'm gonna play devil's advocate and say I can sort of see where they're coming from. While GLAAD do get the joke, if even a few people think saying the word is suddenly ok and start saying it more, then it's a bad thing. I don't really think it's a problem but I can see both sides of the argument.
Yeah, I think Matt and Trey are overlooking the fact that just because a word isn't offensive to them doesn't mean it's not offensive to others.

masamuneehs
Thu, 11-12-2009, 07:20 AM
thought the one-note-joke about faggots made for a pretty weak episode. i just didnt get a kick out of alot of the episode, and i really could have cared less about the bikers. they made their point, but without being very clever, and it was a bit preachy for my tastes.

i did laugh at the scene with Butters telling the kids about why he wants to be a Harley rider, and Stan's comment of "that makes perfect sense"

Archangel
Thu, 11-12-2009, 01:55 PM
Goddamn that episode was not subtle at all. Feels a little late for South Park to be jumping on the Glenn Beck hate train, but it was perfect in every way.

I loved what they did with the Smurfs thing.

Couldn't really get into this episode because of that. All the Glenn Beck info i get comes from Jon Stewart.

XanBcoo
Thu, 11-12-2009, 02:20 PM
Environmentalism = Population Control (http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/200904280044)
Social Justice = Marxism (http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/200905040016)
Just one of thousands of instances of calling Obama a fascist (http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/200904010036)
Chalkboard shenanigans (http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/200908270038)

You could lose yourself for days in all the ridiculous bullshit he says.

And of course, he's just asking "questions". He's not saying Obama is Hitler. Or is he?

It's just a question...

Edit: If you watch The Daily Show, then you've probably already seen Jon's impression of him. If not, it's brilliant (http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/200911060002).

LaZie
Thu, 11-12-2009, 05:54 PM
I loved how they ended the latest South Park episode with Cartman crying and running out of the classroom.

Edit: Managed to snag a mp3 version of the clip with Eric Cartman singing Poker Face and set it as my ringtone. Its awesome :p

Archangel
Thu, 11-12-2009, 06:05 PM
Edit: If you watch The Daily Show, then you've probably already seen Jon's impression of him. If not, it's brilliant (http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/200911060002).

Oh God... indeed it is xD

Ryllharu
Thu, 11-12-2009, 06:36 PM
Goddamn that episode was not subtle at all. Feels a little late for South Park to be jumping on the Glenn Beck hate train, but it was perfect in every way. This episode sort of felt really out of date (very uncharacteristic for south park) given most of the furor about the parody site questioning Glenn Beck raping and murdering a young girl in 1990 (http://gb1990.com/) died down after the WIPO ruled in their favor and let them keep the site up.

I enjoyed their take on it, but it sort of felt like I had somehow already seen the episode since I was following the website story on a couple tech sites.

XanBcoo
Thu, 11-12-2009, 09:01 PM
I enjoyed their take on it, but it sort of felt like I had somehow already seen the episode since I was following the website story on a couple tech sites.
Yeah, the jokes felt familiar to me only because Beck is so easy to parody. Everyone's had a crack at it by now.

I think that if they had brought in the "raping a young girl in 1990" aspect, it would have turned into an outright rant against him. I think I prefer what they did in this episode to what they did in the whaling episode against whoever that guy was.

I also loved where the Smurfs thing eventually lead. I was wondering what the point of that was until the reveal, which was great.

Archangel
Thu, 11-19-2009, 03:24 PM
That last episode felt more disgusting than anything else

The whole subplot about minorities wasn't very funny either, i'm pretty disappointed with them this week

Penner
Thu, 11-19-2009, 03:30 PM
Waaat, i thought it was awesome :D

Lucifus
Thu, 11-19-2009, 10:28 PM
I thought it was a great episode. Ridiculously offensive. Haha

Raven
Fri, 11-20-2009, 05:11 PM
I found it particularly funny because the same thing has happened to me... I've gone back to fun places of my childhood only to find things have changed in the same manner. I just don't have the hatred and fear Cartman does.
Anyway, South Park is good for bringing things to your mind that you always knew, but tried not to think about so it made it ok. Like people urinating in public pools.

masamuneehs
Sun, 11-22-2009, 08:54 PM
I found it particularly funny because the same thing has happened to me... I've gone back to fun places of my childhood only to find things have changed in the same manner.

funny, as i can actually think of this happening to me too, but in two exactly opposite ways. i will admit, the fun parks and arcades i used to frequent as a kid are packed with Latinos and blacks, but, on the other hand, it is completely unnerving for me to go to bowling alleys, athletic fields, and old parks where I threw my first firecracker at a Cinco de Mayo festival, and find that the places are clogged with "member's only" bowling leagues, signs for Reserved Use for ---- School Sports, and actually blockaded by police who will turn you away unless you pay the entrance fee for the Irish Pride Day (pay, to get in to a free park).

i loved the last episode of this season. i particularly enjoyed the throwaway characters of Pi Pi and the Fire Marshal. Cartman's song was really very funny, and i got a lot of laughs out of the interaction between Kyle and Stan/Butters/Jimmy.

weak use of Kenny in an episode though. the constant "can't see his face" thing felt like an episode of Home Improvement, and it feels like this time they really struggled to make something funny out of their "Kenny dies once a season" trend. (for an excellent take of this, watch "The List"). at least give him some real lines.

i also suppose i should take this time to say that i really appreciate what Comedy Central is doing with free, online content. The websites for the Daily show and the Colbert Report I can understand, since, as Stewart himself once said "there is no back end", but the fact that a major DVD seller like South Park has every episode online, for free, many uncensored, AND that they quickly upload the most recent episode and keep it there for a week (then put it to sleep for a month, then bring it back) is a very, very fan-centered action.

XanBcoo
Mon, 11-23-2009, 01:38 PM
Spooky, I had the same conversation about washing hands before/after peeing about 2 weeks ago with a friend of mine. Butters was totally right. If I use a public restroom, I'm washing my hands before I handle my junk.

I thought it was a decent episode. I thought all the fat hispanic people wearing t-shirts in the pool was really funny for some reason. I also liked how the water park had lots of world-famous sites. You can't have a disaster movie without seeing the Eiffel Tower destroyed.

Watching Kyle chug a bottle of warm pee made me gag.

Assassin
Thu, 03-18-2010, 01:54 AM
Season 14 aired tonite....awesoem as awlays. gotta love bummers :p

XanBcoo
Wed, 03-24-2010, 11:32 PM
Man, tonight's episode was lots of stupid mixed in with only a few good parts.

Ripping on Sarah Jessica Parker and the Morgan Freeman thing was good, but all the puking plus the message of the entire episode was not funny and just plain retarded.

Ryllharu
Thu, 03-25-2010, 03:30 PM
The puking was pretty funny the first time, but they really overused it.

I thought that the message was good, but poorly delivered. There are a lot of books, films, and other media that people look way too deeply into. It hit home for me because we do it here with anime from time to time.

XanBcoo
Thu, 03-25-2010, 04:32 PM
The idea that there is no meaning in art outside of an author's intent is intellectually limiting and juvenile. The kids are usually the mouthpieces for Matt and Trey, and if I was meant to agree with them that people finding meaning or parallels in something "simple" then I completely disagree. Perhaps I'm wrong in that interpretation of the message, but that's the vibe I got.

I myself brought up an interpretation last season that I didn't see anyone else mention. The whole Cartman/Mays/Chipotle thing. Who knows if that's what Matt and Trey intended for me to see. Does it make it any less valid or worthy of discussion if it's not? Of course it doesn't.

That sort of arrogant argument is made hypocritical by the fact that Matt and Trey themselves layer most of their episodes in social commentary. But I guess I must have been reading too deeply because IT'S JUST POOP JOKES RIGHT?

Edit: Having said that, you could argue that the episode was specifically mocking people who over-analyze every episode of South Park itself (even the "simple" ones dedicated to shock humor), but that lies within the message that analysis of art is a bad thing, which is one I find to be incredibly lazy and stupid.

Ryllharu
Thu, 03-25-2010, 05:02 PM
Edit: Having said that, you could argue that the episode was specifically mocking people who over-analyze every episode of South Park itself (even the "simple" ones dedicated to shock humor)
This is what I was getting at. I tried to emphasize with the bold-face, but in retrospect, I should have gone way overboard to make that point with formatting.

Yes, the goal of the boys was to be as vulgar as possible for vulgarity sake. But the point the episode was trying to make is the severe over-analysis of a creative work is wrong. Like the fanboys and fangirl who claim you can read Gendo Ikari's lips in End of Evangelion during the scene where no voice was recorded. People weren't interpreting the work through their own eyes and finding deeper meaning in it, they were forcing a viewpoint into the work and using the work as a support of that viewpoint. This was emphasized by two people in bookstores always finding the exact opposite "deeper meaning" in the exact same scene.

XanBcoo
Thu, 03-25-2010, 06:44 PM
This is what I was getting at. I tried to emphasize with the bold-face, but in retrospect, I should have gone way overboard to make that point with formatting.
lol. That's the Matt and Trey way. All having to be blatant with the point you're trying to make.

I dunno man, I understand that you're talking about extreme or "severe" over-analysis, but in the end it's very subjective upper limit and comes back to the idea that unless your conclusion is what the author intended, it is invalid. And that's just incorrect, or at least it should be considered so. Certainly some connections aren't as strong or supported as well by the text, but that doesn't make them any less valid or worthwhile.

Yeah, the boys were upset that people were misinterpreting their book and seeing things that "weren't there", but only out of frustration that everyone wasn't seeing what they wanted them to see. Yeah, the liberals and conservatives each saw a different and completely opposite message in Scrotie McBoogerballs, but what makes that wrong? People obviously come to a work of art with preconceptions and ideals that inevitably are made present in their interpretation of the work. I'll watch it again keeping in mind what you said about forcing a viewpoint, but my point still stands.

Even if you take Scrotie McBoogerballs the book as a metaphor for South Park the show it's still silly to say that it's devoid of meaning because of the author's intent. Especially since this episode wasn't fully devoid of meaning.

For the record, as much irony I see in discussing such a "simple" episode at length, I do legitimately find fault in what they were trying to say.

Ryllharu
Thu, 03-25-2010, 08:57 PM
I'm not a fan of the "anything goes" interpretation of art, because it isn't a position that allows for any discussion. It becomes an, "Everyone is a Right," environment.

Take this example:

An artist sets out to show off his/her skills by drawing a perfect circle on an otherwise blank canvas. Could someone look at it and interpret it as the expression of, "The socio-economic effects on bakeries in 1968 Luxembourg as the result of the conflicts in Eastern Afghanistan during the Great Game period"? Certainly they could, but that doesn't make it correct, or even appropriate. Is the perfectly drawn circle even art? It was created as an expression of skill rather than artistic intent.

There is nothing wrong with brining in external influences and experiences of the audience to interpret a creative work in a different light that the creator's intention. It is another entirely for an audience member to imprint their own unrelated and overly specific talking point.

The boys wrote the book to be as vulgar as possible and only that, dissatisfied by the statements made about Catcher in the Rye. Mark David Chapman reportedly likened himself as the main character and set out on a crusade to kill "phonies." The nameless kid similarly impressed his own opinions on Butters' work and killed the Kardashians. People added in meaning where there wasn't any.

Overall, I think this episode was very successful. It got this discussion started, which is precisely what can't be done when, "everyone is right," about their particular interpretation.

Assassin
Thu, 03-25-2010, 10:54 PM
I happen to agree that people sometimes look too deeply and try to find meaning where there is none....ofcourse thats not to say that any form of art can't be analyzed or contain a deeper meaning, but in my experience when someone writes a book or makes a movie, or creates a piece of music, its generally meant to be taken at face value.

Looking for hidden meaning in everything is retarted, particularly when you start guessing what the author was trying to portray.....case in point, every book thats ever given to highschoolers to read (and since the ep starts with catcher in the rye, i think its safe to say that written media was the intended target of humor more then anything else). Looking back to my school days, every english teach would assign a book and then ask you to write about how the author was using this and that as a metaphor, or as the innocence of youth or all that stuff....when in reality thats just you're guess. Maybe the author just wanted to tell an interesting story.

Anyways, thats my 2 cents on all this. I loved the episode and found it funny, even if the puking was a little over board.

XanBcoo
Fri, 03-26-2010, 11:09 PM
I'm not a fan of the "anything goes" interpretation of art, because it isn't a position that allows for any discussion. It becomes an, "Everyone is a Right," environment.

Overall, I think this episode was very successful. It got this discussion started, which is precisely what can't be done when, "everyone is right," about their particular interpretation.
Well I think you're misunderstanding the objective of interpretation. It's not so much "anything goes" as "everyone's interpretation is viable given enough insight". I'm not advocating saying "everyone is right and let's leave it at that", I'm saying that despite the author's intent, anybody's analysis or interpretation of a work of art is meaningful and real (even if only to them). It's not a case of "adding in meaning" it's a case of "seeing meaning".

How can you not agree that such a thought process is the only way to have insightful and creative discussion? Taking everyone's opinion and interpretation into account is the arguably the only way to have good discussion. Your circle example is great. Someone who looks at a perfect circle and makes that kind of connection is arguably more intelligent and creative than someone who merely says "Yep, that certainly is a circle." Obviously it's not accurate to the creator's intent, but is it devoid of meaning and insight? No.

I'd rather have Archangel waltz in here talking about how this episode was clearly about the recent Health Care vote in America by backing it up with strong arguments rather than have another 4 posts of "Heh it was funny when they puked." I'd certainly be impressed if he did so and was able to back it up convincingly. Then we'd have a discussion going. Maybe we'd agree or disagree with him, but through discussion I think we'd all be richer for it.

Mark David Chapman's only sin was murdering John Lennon, not seeing (or adding, in your words) a meaning that wasn't there. I think it quite obviously it was there or he wouldn't have been so convinced of it. Salinger didn't intend for him to come to such a conclusion, but by virtue of its effects, it was a meaning that was "there" (again, if only to MDC).

Looking back to my school days, every english teach would assign a book and then ask you to write about how the author was using this and that as a metaphor, or as the innocence of youth or all that stuff....when in reality thats just you're guess. Maybe the author just wanted to tell an interesting story.
You weren't given those assignments to guess what the author was trying to do, you were meant to think critically and creatively. Of course it's a guess, that's the point of the exercise. It's about the interpretations and context you bring to it as a reader, and the critical thinking techniques you employ to get there.

Assassin
Sat, 03-27-2010, 02:02 PM
You weren't given those assignments to guess what the author was trying to do, you were meant to think critically and creatively. Of course it's a guess, that's the point of the exercise. It's about the interpretations and context you bring to it as a reader, and the critical thinking techniques you employ to get there.

That critical thinking bullshit may work in college, and may not even be bullshit in certain courses, but as far as highschool is concerned (and that is the period when you're asked to examine literary works the most) its a simple matter of whether you 'get' what they want you to get. That is to say, if your analysis and critique doesn't agree with what the rest of academia (and i use that term lightly) thinks, then its wrong. At the very least you wont be getting a 90% on your paper, and thats a fact.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sat, 03-27-2010, 07:42 PM
assasin's right. but only if its a blunder of a teacher, which I came across more often than not teaching me literature class.

this episode was so clearly about the health care reform i cant believe no one else mentioned it by now. the liberals finding so much hope in this one bill and that if it passes we can always just lean on the government for everything. The conserv's are thinking, or at least want you to think, that if it happens its gonna be the start of socialism communism and every other ism. They want you to believe theres some giant hidden meaning behind all of it that the government is using this as a means of gaining power over the people.

loved this episode, at first the puking was like ehhhh dumbness. it got really funny when the asian was reading it, then really dumb and old when the tv people were doing their elongated version. F U MDC, although I laughed out loud when cartman hit that king of all hippes crack.

Assassin
Sat, 03-27-2010, 09:10 PM
this episode was so clearly about the health care reform i cant believe no one else mentioned it by now. the liberals finding so much hope in this one bill and that if it passes we can always just lean on the government for everything. The conserv's are thinking, or at least want you to think, that if it happens its gonna be the start of socialism communism and every other ism. They want you to believe theres some giant hidden meaning behind all of it that the government is using this as a means of gaining power over the people.

Now, see i wouldn't agree with you there....but i think that was precisely the point of the episode. You find relevant meaning with whatever issues are on your mind at the time. Kage thinks it had to do with health care, someone else thinks it was about the war while another person might think it was about the pope or nazis......things often take a double meaning to fit your life and way of thinking if you read too much into it.

and yes, the king of hippies crack was awesome....cartman and butters are the best part of the show.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sun, 03-28-2010, 11:07 AM
nah i didnt actually see that meaning behind this ep, just thought it be funny to try and make the argument.

i love how matt and trey are always on the same level as me, this episode especially with the "kill the phonies" aka "kill the kardashians" i feel like watching it again just for that part.

Assassin
Wed, 04-07-2010, 11:01 PM
Yahtzee!

Archangel
Thu, 04-08-2010, 09:49 AM
Lol, a south park episode tastes all the sweeter when you despise the target of its mockery

In this case yeah, fuck facebook and myspace and all that crap

Penner
Thu, 04-08-2010, 01:28 PM
Yeah, i only made a Facebook page cause all my friends did, now all kinds of people i havent even spoken to in like 15 years and my sisters ex, who i talked to like 2 times wanted me to add him...

I also get spammed by shit tons of Trees, flowers, plants, teddybears for Farms and stuff, and invites to join whatever groups... god damnit, i got sucked into facebook.

The Heretic Azazel
Fri, 04-09-2010, 02:18 AM
I mean it's totally true, I don't have a profile of my own but I was skimming a friend's site, spammed with pictures of their accomplishments in Mafia Wars and freakin farming. And if it's not that, it's Myspace profiles spammed with pictures of drinks. Azazel... I'm sending you a dirty buttery anal cornhole delight. WHO CARES??

XanBcoo
Thu, 04-15-2010, 12:55 AM
Wow, tonight's episode breaks the streak of awful episodes this season. So many great callbacks, it's so quotable.

I can't imagine that it will be resolved next week. It will either never be resolved, or we'll have a repeat of the bridge from season 1 to season 2.

I love it.

Assassin
Thu, 04-15-2010, 12:59 AM
lol, this episode was epic!

XanBcoo
Thu, 04-15-2010, 03:59 AM
I was really impressed with the Mecha-Streisand. The animation in South Park has come a long way from it's humble beginnings:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0S-YxU3i5A

Archangel
Fri, 04-16-2010, 02:06 PM
Lol, holy shit that really was epic

Sapphire
Fri, 04-16-2010, 03:21 PM
Apparently one of the guy's chugs Dayquil to keep awake?! He needs some five hour energy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi9qxO8nUrs&feature=related

Alhuin
Fri, 04-16-2010, 07:24 PM
To quote Xan, 200 had so many nostalgic moments, I couldn't help but remember the good ol' days of South Park. It was great seeing some of the celebrities again get mocked, even if a few of them were relatively recent. Along with some new ones (lol Tim Burton). Still no news of if it's going to be concluded this coming week or not, though.

UChessmaster
Mon, 04-19-2010, 10:51 PM
Well, on the site is confirmed there is a part 2, so everyone can rest now :)

Raven
Wed, 04-21-2010, 07:43 AM
At the very start when Kyle and Cartman were insulting each other in the oldskool way I was thinking "come on, at least use some original insults". It only took a second to realize what was going on, haha.

Penner
Wed, 04-21-2010, 07:17 PM
South Park creators "Warned" by radical Muslim site (http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/04/21/south-park-creators-muhammad/)

So.. Trey and Matt is pretty much on the radical muslims "hitlist" O.o

XanBcoo
Wed, 04-21-2010, 09:31 PM
Jesus Christ.

Scott Tenorman's brother...

I can't believe th-beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 04-22-2010, 12:44 AM
So when they were talking about the head ginger did anyone else think it would be Bobby Flay?

XanBcoo
Thu, 04-22-2010, 01:04 AM
So they didn't air this episode during the rerun on Comedy Central, and now Matt and Trey have a message up on South Park Studios saying that CC added some bleeps to the episode and won't allow them to stream it.

I don't know if this is a joke or legit. Weird.

Assertn
Thu, 04-22-2010, 02:31 AM
So they didn't air this episode during the rerun on Comedy Central, and now Matt and Trey have a message up on South Park Studios saying that CC added some bleeps to the episode and won't allow them to stream it.

I don't know if this is a joke or legit. Weird.

The facebook episode is also down temporarily. I'm just glad I watched them beforehand.

Alhuin
Thu, 04-22-2010, 10:53 AM
The Facebook episode might be done due to their streaming restrictions. All new episodes are only available for a limited time, then they take them down for about a month, then reupload them. The first episode was just reuploaded the other night.

Genma
Thu, 04-22-2010, 01:37 PM
Radical muslims are the dumbest radicals ever. That would've been an amazing episode had it not been completely censored. And I doubt this whole thing is a joke... because it's not funny and totally defeats what Matt and Trey stand for (making fun of EVERYONE, no one excluded).

In anger I drew a picture of muhammed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/Rallard88/muhammed.jpg

Assassin
Thu, 04-22-2010, 02:19 PM
That would've been an amazing episode had it not been completely censored. [/IMG]

uh, the censoring itself was the joke.

Also, at the end when tom cruise wanted to go somewhere else, i really thought they'd take him to the planet starvin' marnvin was sent to....would've been more appropriate, what with the whole aliens thing.

XanBcoo
Thu, 04-22-2010, 03:07 PM
Nah, he would have Marklared their Marklar. Marklar.

I thought they were gonna send him to Imaginationland, but I'm glad they chose the moon because the final scenes of sending Willzyx up in the Mexican rocket and seeing his dead carcass is one of my favorite South Park moments ever.

And yeah, I'm half-convinced all the "censoring" and the message up on South Park Studios is part of the joke.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Thu, 04-22-2010, 04:36 PM
so im guessin the bleeping of the ending dialogue was planned and part of it. But comedy central made them censor his name...

I think what they were trying to get across was what we'd have if everything was censored, and we were all uptight about everything like the crazy muslims, which is nothing.

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 04-22-2010, 04:59 PM
The bleeping at the end was terribly annoying, but probably indicative that the censorship was part of the joke, since I doubt they would have done the bleeping of the speeches at the end if the name wasn't censored in the first place.

Ryllharu
Thu, 04-22-2010, 06:03 PM
I thought a lot of the censoring might have been serious at the beginning. I totally fell for the "comedy central did it" excuse. By the end, with Tom Cruise getting censored, I had finally caught on. Then with the moral of the episode being one long continuous bleep it concreted the insult for not being able to figure out it earlier that it had been on purpose.

I thought it was brilliant.

UChessmaster
Thu, 04-22-2010, 08:52 PM
I thought a lot of the censoring might have been serious at the beginning. I totally fell for the "comedy central did it" excuse. By the end, with Tom Cruise getting censored, I had finally caught on. Then with the moral of the episode being one long continuous bleep it concreted the insult for not being able to figure out it earlier that it had been on purpose.

I thought it was brilliant.

Actually...

A Statement from Matt and Trey
In the 14 years we've been doing South Park we have never done a show that we couldn't stand behind. We delivered our version of the show to Comedy Central and they made a determination to alter the episode. It wasn't some meta-joke on our part. Comedy Central added the bleeps. In fact, Kyle's customary final speech was about intimidation and fear. It didn't mention Muhammad at all but it got bleeped too. We'll be back next week with a whole new show about something completely different and we'll see what happens to it.

I find this kinda sad, South Park should never be censored imo.

Genma
Thu, 04-22-2010, 09:14 PM
I was hoping everyone here was right and I was wrong, but I guess not. South Park really was censored out of fear.

I'm sure the CENSORED Muhammad was put there intentionally by South Park, because even without showing him they could convey their point. But the audio censors were too ridiculous and I had a feeling they weren't part of the joke... it just didn't seem like something Matt and Trey would do.

Either way, their 200th and 201st episode sure left an impact and stirred up some controversy. The funny thing is that I haven't heard a single comment about Jesus watching porn or Buddha snorting blow.

Sapphire
Thu, 04-22-2010, 09:21 PM
It appears that they're having trouble uploading the uncensored episode to their website.

XanBcoo
Thu, 04-22-2010, 10:51 PM
I'm sure the CENSORED Muhammad was put there intentionally by South Park, because even without showing him they could convey their point. But the audio censors were too ridiculous and I had a feeling they weren't part of the joke... it just didn't seem like something Matt and Trey would do.

Just from memory, it seems like the "Muhammad" bleeps were too short. Like if they actually had said the name, the bleeps would have been much longer. The final speech also seems like it never had any real dialog. It was set up for the long bleep jokes.

I'm remaining skeptical. I mean it's very possible that the episode was censored, but more evidence points to the episode being aired as intended.

Assassin
Fri, 04-23-2010, 12:14 AM
ya...i mean i could believe that CC maybe censored the name, but its hard to believe they censored the speeches, especially if it didn't contain any censor worthy material. Plus, there was the super queer smile on kyle's face at the end, like the speech was something super awesome....all that makes it seem like an intentional joke.

Oh, and buddha snorting blow was by far my favorite part of the episode....that shit was fucking hi-larious.

XanBcoo
Fri, 04-23-2010, 12:46 AM
I think I've changed my mind. Jon Stewart did the entire first act of his show tonight on the controversy surrounding the censorship, acknowledging that Comedy Central did indeed censor the episode.

Did a repeat of his huge "GO FUCK YOURSELVES" song and dance number originally aimed at Fox News, this time talking to Revolution Muslim.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/thu-april-22-2010-zoe-saldana

Penner
Fri, 04-23-2010, 07:36 AM
"Sorry. Full Episodes of The Daily Show are not available in you area"

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF~~!

Every time i get shit like that i want to punch someone >.<

(goes off to download the torrent for that episode :D)

Edit: Just finished watching it now and it was great!

Go fuck youselves Revolution Muslim!

Lucifus
Fri, 04-23-2010, 05:48 PM
I f*cking love it that South Park got so many posts about its latest.

Certainly, it pisses me off that they dared to censor South Park, but seriously, Comedy Central can't just disregard a threat when all it'll cost em is a little publicity.

As compared to some motherf*cker actually blowing up something which would drop a dookie on their doorstep.

Penner
Fri, 10-15-2010, 09:12 AM
Man this latest ep was awesome!

Fuck Jersey Shore!

poopdeville
Sat, 10-16-2010, 12:33 AM
I DON'T HAVE TO TAKE YOUR SHIT. I'M FROM JERSEY.

That was all around ridiculous.

Assassin
Fri, 11-12-2010, 11:25 PM
rofl...so now we know how kenny keeps coming back to life, wicked ep.

mmmintberry crunch!

Sapphire
Sat, 11-13-2010, 02:09 AM
Does she just keep birthing new Kennys who have the old Kenny's memories, or does Kenny just magically appear back in her womb?

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sat, 11-13-2010, 04:20 AM
He looked like a baby sooo Id say without her he cant come back.

XanBcoo
Sat, 11-13-2010, 06:07 PM
rofl...so now we know how kenny keeps coming back to life, wicked ep.

They actually established that Kenny's mom births a new Kenny every time he dies way back in one of the earliest seasons. This isn't a new revelation, they're just giving it new context (it happens to her because of the Cthulu cult meetings).

Edit: It was the NAMBLA episode.

Sapphire
Sat, 11-13-2010, 06:47 PM
Which episode was that?

XanBcoo
Sat, 11-13-2010, 07:31 PM
http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s04e06-cartman-joins-nambla

Specifically at 20:30

Sapphire
Sat, 11-13-2010, 07:39 PM
That's so awesome!

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Mon, 11-15-2010, 07:47 AM
I love how theyr such burnt out crazys... she gives birth to a baby kenny at night and by the morning they cant remember if it really happened or not.

That part was great when mysterion is interrogating them about the cult when he leaves they go...
"did that just happen?!" "i dunno"
then proceeds to hit the joint hahah

or whatever is affecting everyone else's memory of him dying is affecting theirs. I like to think its just the loss of brain cells tho since its funnier.

Penner
Fri, 04-29-2011, 12:52 PM
Oh.My.GOD, go watch the new SP ep right now! It's fucking insane lol

I mean it, it's some seriously fucked up shit! ;D

Carnage
Fri, 04-29-2011, 12:56 PM
So far I am sorely disappointed in this new season, I hope the rest of it doesn't drag on like this.

Penner
Fri, 04-29-2011, 01:03 PM
So far? That was the first episode of the season lol

UChessmaster
Fri, 04-29-2011, 01:56 PM
Great episode imo, then again i might be a bit biased due to my inane hatred towards apple.

XanBcoo
Fri, 04-29-2011, 09:04 PM
So far I am sorely disappointed in this new season, I hope the rest of it doesn't drag on like this.

I'm with you. Didn't care for the episode. The characters were interchangeable and out of character (Cartman's mom sticking up for herself? Is Gerald the new Randy?) and the parody seemed pieced together from a very vague concept.

"Human CentiPad" That sounds funny! How can we make a plot out of this??

Really disappointing...

lelouch
Sat, 04-30-2011, 05:00 AM
VANIRRA PASTE-O?? OR EH-CUTTERFEESHH?

OKAY A-KYRUU! I WILL EAT TEH CUTTERFEESH!

UChessmaster
Sat, 04-30-2011, 07:25 AM
I'm with you. Didn't care for the episode. The characters were interchangeable and out of character (Cartman's mom sticking up for herself? Is Gerald the new Randy?) and the parody seemed pieced together from a very vague concept.

"Human CentiPad" That sounds funny! How can we make a plot out of this??

Really disappointing...

Cartman`s mom has been a slightly strick ever since the tssk episode, this is nothing new.

Gerald was nothing like Randy... at all. He ususally does stupid shit willingly, while Gerald was more or less a victim of the situation.

Carnage
Sat, 04-30-2011, 11:03 AM
Its the cheap humor vibe I'm getting from it. Its like they're trying too hard, kind of how the Simpsons eventually became bad and Family Guy began to suck after season 3 or 4.

Sapphire
Sat, 04-30-2011, 02:18 PM
I actually liked this episode. Mainly because I spent all last semester making fun of Human Centipede with my room mates.

The whole "terms of agreement" bit didn't resonate with me, because no one reads that shit... so I couldn't be in on the inside joke against Kyle... And no one uses a Mac? (except everyone at my college). Surprised no one got arrested for Cartman screaming, "MY MOM IS TRYING TO F**K ME!"? The lipstick/wine & dine jokes were funny though.

I loved the futuristic enigmatic genius coalition who communicated through brain lasers, floating colors and telepathy. lol

XanBcoo
Sat, 04-30-2011, 03:37 PM
Its the cheap humor vibe I'm getting from it. Its like they're trying too hard, kind of how the Simpsons eventually became bad and Family Guy began to suck after season 3 or 4.

Yeah, this. It was a lazy episode that got by on shock humor. The Human Centipede jokes weren't even original. They just took the movie and put Kyle and a Japanese guy in place of the characters. What was the joke? That the movie exists?

Edit: Seriously, it was as terrible as those "Disaster/Epic/Superhero Movie" movies. They just had a character/premise show up and get whacked over the head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZKIr7r6Op4

Sapphire
Thu, 05-05-2011, 10:56 AM
SPOILERS!!!
The fact that there was a dalek on this week's episode was the only funny part of this episode, and I didn't realize it was a dalek until it screamed, "exterminate!" like 17 minutes in.

Carnage
Thu, 05-05-2011, 11:11 PM
Weeeaaak....

XanBcoo
Thu, 05-05-2011, 11:43 PM
I laughed at Token not being able to help handing over money to Tyler Perry, but everything else about the episode was embarrassingly bad.

The making fun of "random" humor is played out and was done much better during the Family Guy trilogy. Actually, that's what the setup of this episode reminded me of. Manatees made this episode.

"[Jimmy] organizes an awards show for [comedians] which angers [The Germans] who [build a joke telling machine] which pokes fun at [anyone who is not Matt or Trey] and then [tries to destroy the world]. Also literally everything is a pathetically shoehorned-in pop-culture reference."

Maybe this was some sort of meta-satire or maybe South Park has been going stale for several seasons now and finally is just shit.

It's finally just shit. I'll give this season one more episode before I start hating it entirely.

Sapphire
Fri, 05-06-2011, 08:39 AM
That's a tall order.

UChessmaster
Fri, 05-06-2011, 09:01 AM
I thought the episode was terrible, and i`m quite the South Park fanboy :/

XanBcoo
Fri, 05-06-2011, 03:49 PM
I thought the episode was terrible, and i`m quite the South Park fanboy :/

So am I, which is why it's really frustrating to turn on an episode thinking "Maybe this one will be a return to form..." only to have your hopes crushed with lazy jokes and weak commentary.

Carnage
Sat, 05-14-2011, 08:03 AM
Anyone watch the latest episode? Im waiting for some feedback before I decide to watch it..

Sapphire
Sat, 05-14-2011, 08:19 AM
Bad. Real bad.

Carnage
Sat, 05-14-2011, 11:02 AM
Well there goes any further interest I'll ever have in watching South Park.

Sapphire
Sat, 05-14-2011, 12:21 PM
They make these episodes in like a week. Who knows what the next episode will be?

That's how they keep me watching. :(

XanBcoo
Mon, 05-16-2011, 05:50 PM
Bad. Real bad.

Are you referring to the Tooth Decay episode?

That one is the only episode this season to make me smile. A few good quotes in that, plus the long shot of seeing the native Inuit ice-fishing was hysterical for some reason.

Also "Lazily spew out your lines like a turtle taking a shit" and "Goddamn snow-gooks"

Otherwise it was pretty dumb, yeah.