PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 178 Discussion

IFHTT
Thu, 03-30-2006, 03:05 AM
DB sub is out, and no discussion thread yet.
DB Naruto 178 (http://yhbt.mine.nu/t/n178.torrent)
There you have it. Discuss Away.

DLing right now.

Cal_kashi
Thu, 03-30-2006, 03:41 AM
nothing to say, except it sucked... bad, and I very rarely say that even about fillers.

Kraco
Thu, 03-30-2006, 03:51 AM
This sucked far less than many of the previous fillers. Of course with only the first episode of the arc seen, it's far too early to say how the whole thing will turn out.

Of course the plot does look quite generic and so far there's nothing unique or innovative about it, but it would be foolish to expect such things from fillers.

Well, I'll look forward to the next episode of the Saga of the Plutonium Worshippers. (If you wonder why there's only those kids and that one old man in the Star Village, it's because the rest became sterile and died of cancer for gathering each day around a block of a radioactive material.)

Yukimura
Thu, 03-30-2006, 05:16 AM
Ther's really nothing to post about, this truly lived up to the name filler. It seems like some random crap meant to fill 30 min of airtime on whatver network Naruto runs on.

And as a side note super Chakra control from a space-rock...to bad space rocks are just like earth rocks, they all started out the same way, the weirdest things that might fall from space would probobly be things like plastic that humans make, but aren't found anywhere in nature, if a toilet seat fell from space, that'd be cool and weird. But a rock, is a rock... so every sci-fi adventure about rocks from space, your dumb...except Epoch, that was a cool rock, cuz it was actually an alien god-machine.

el_boss
Thu, 03-30-2006, 06:00 AM
I don't know how much more fillers I can take. I had put Naruto on hold for a couple of eps in the hope that the real thing would start, boy was I wrong. It's almost like they went "Shit! We went in the wrong direction for 6 months, now we have to go all the way back to where we began". I hope Pierrot loses the Naruto license and some other studio picks it up.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 03-30-2006, 07:04 AM
Yeah, this episode was super medeocre. I bet if naruto ever got that rock together with his red chakra there'd be a nuclear fucking explosion or something.

And as a side note super Chakra control from a space-rock...to bad space rocks are just like earth rocks, they all started out the same way, the weirdest things that might fall from space would probobly be things like plastic that humans make, but aren't found anywhere in nature, if a toilet seat fell from space, that'd be cool and weird. But a rock, is a rock... so every sci-fi adventure about rocks from space, your dumb...except Epoch, that was a cool rock, cuz it was actually an alien god-machine.So all planetary bodies have the exact same material makeup now? Good to know.

woofcat
Thu, 03-30-2006, 07:14 AM
I did not hate this episode. It was not the worst of the worst fillers. It had some back story and some people who want to become one of the major hidden villages.

Ero-Fan
Thu, 03-30-2006, 07:55 AM
Ther's really nothing to post about, this truly lived up to the name filler. It seems like some random crap meant to fill 30 min of airtime on whatver network Naruto runs on.

And as a side note super Chakra control from a space-rock...to bad space rocks are just like earth rocks, they all started out the same way, the weirdest things that might fall from space would probobly be things like plastic that humans make, but aren't found anywhere in nature, if a toilet seat fell from space, that'd be cool and weird. But a rock, is a rock... so every sci-fi adventure about rocks from space, your dumb...except Epoch, that was a cool rock, cuz it was actually an alien god-machine.

It's a rock, which means if the writers stay to form, Naruto will rasengan it at some point.

God, I hate myself for that.

BioAlien
Thu, 03-30-2006, 08:52 AM
lets just hope they wont make naruto use the kyubi power again... and summon his oversized frog...

RyougaZell
Thu, 03-30-2006, 09:32 AM
I left the pc at home downloading this episode.
I'll watch it tonight.

But I'm more interested in next week's episode.
At least the new intro and ending.

masamuneehs
Thu, 03-30-2006, 01:34 PM
'Whatever. I don't even fucking care'
obviously neither do the guys at Studio Pierrot...

Not that interesting of a premise. The new filler kid is a snotty sod, but I actually like his personality better than some of the Konoha ninjas'. Peacock jutsu looked lame as hell, and the dialog was all voiced pretty poorly. Also some major inconsistencies between good animation and crappy animation.

Another crappy filler episode. And now we have to wait a week to see where this thing is leading us to...

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 03-30-2006, 02:05 PM
Naruto bribed Tsunade with a candy bar?

fat bitch.

You know what would be funny, if they turned the Star village headbands upside down and called it the Morning Star Village. I should be writing this shit.

Terracosmo
Thu, 03-30-2006, 02:10 PM
Horrible. Generic Naruto stupidity, fucking Orochimaru ties, yet another village (how many damn villages are there anyway?), typical guy with attitude problems who will no doubt realize the error of his mistrusting ways when he has known Naruto for an hour longer and so on and so forth.

Worthless.

Next week, new opening & ending. I wanna seeeeee!
It's too bad that Parade leaves already (get it, the parade leaves, HAR) because it ruled.

drims
Thu, 03-30-2006, 10:20 PM
A pink chakra that can pretty much do whatever the hell it wants....
An all direction shuriken jutsu....
Peacock power....
Some more i wanabe kage crap...
Ga-y story line...

Poor episode, like it said in the begging "Whatever i dont even f***ing care" Might refer to the filler creators pretty much giving up in making these crappy fillers.

darkmetal505
Thu, 03-30-2006, 10:36 PM
Village of star? That was gay enough for me, its like power rangers or something. The peacock jutsu was gay; I get to move my chakra as I please!

Ownage Kid
Thu, 03-30-2006, 11:18 PM
I've never really been bothered by fillers, but this one send chills down my spine. I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that some of the animation was done well, while other parts seemed rushed and choppy. At one point Naruto's face was like, too small for his head. Wtf is with that... seriously. -_-

I might just be going crazy, but a lot of the voice acting seemed different too. Lee's voice wasn't as ethusiastic as it usually is, and it almost was like someone else was doing it. Same with Sakura. Might just be me, though.

Shitty storyline, of course. The star kid is like Naruto and the guy who stole the rock represents Sasuke. Blah blah blah.

I give it an F. I even liked the chef duel one better than this.

Aeon
Thu, 03-30-2006, 11:45 PM
This episode was good which I'm glad since I skipped the last one. I was happy when I heard Neji and Tenten were going on the mission too bad like every mission that involves Neji, Naruto does whatever he wants making Neji look like a crappy leader. Those peacock jutsus were pretty cool.

tali/spetz
Fri, 03-31-2006, 12:34 AM
I wouldn't take responsibility for that post because these people seem pretty pissed about how bad the episode was... So does this also mean that the 25 or so fillers true? I don't know but I definitely need a big change or alot of the fans whom actually matter are gonna desert there sorry asses.

Anyways, it could of been much worse and we all know thats the truth no matter how bad it was. We will also still watch in hopes for a good episode because from what it looks like we are that desperate.

RyougaZell
Fri, 03-31-2006, 09:29 AM
*sigh*
Evil episode.
I started to dislike it (more) when Team Gai was with the substitute Hoshikage.
Tenten looked awful and Lee looked even freakier.

Weird episode... some parts were drawn good (like the cloud effect at the beginning) and others horribly (the scene with Team Gai).

What? they spent that episodes budget with those clouds?

I can't wait for ep 179... need spoilerish opening to be in peace (LoL)

Pyron
Fri, 03-31-2006, 06:11 PM
wow do most of you guys really really care about all of these stupid ass details like the animation? what's next? are you gonna complain about something like "oh they made sasuke miss out one hand symbol to activate his chidori!" haha...idiots
just take it how it is..and its a filler. if you don't like it...don't watch it and wait 24 weeks. its really that simple.

i however didn't think it was an extremely bad episode like everyone else thought it was. sure it wasn't up to par with normal naruto episodes but again, its a filler. it was a better episode than those other ones. for example...the fake lee and gai...or that rich kid.

overall i think all this anger and stress is because of the fact that the creators of naruto are pushing our patience. dattebayo is right when they say "this series will be ruined within 24 weeks" or something like that.

Edort4
Sat, 04-01-2006, 10:19 AM
I'm reaching my limit with naruto, these fillers seem to be a recopilation of trash histories that 12y old fans sent them on a letter. A meteorite that has chakra?? village of star? hoshikage? This is just absurd. Its true that voices sounded strange and the art was inconsistent.

Do we complain about animation on anime??? We must be nuts! :eek:

Gen
Sat, 04-01-2006, 02:01 PM
Well now we know where the true power of the russian army came from...

UberSuperHACKER
Sun, 04-02-2006, 01:53 PM
This episode is terrible... I hate how fillers just recycle ideas from other things and make them slightly differnet... like Peacock chakra...... Strikingly similar to Naruto going Kyubi and his Red Chakara protecting him eh? oh well......I guess the Akatsuki really dosent need Naruto for his Kyubi.. they really need to get them some Star rocks

I hope in the next filler so compete against the guy with the star rock everyone drinks nuclear waste to power up to super chakara mutants ... or maby they can use the magical tony the tiger drink from the other filler to power up and WHOOP star rock persons ass

........Naruto is suckin worse and worse.....

mage
Sun, 04-02-2006, 04:29 PM
i didn't think this filler was too bad! the story could definitely go somewhere. it undoubtably will not, however.

SasukeX
Mon, 04-03-2006, 12:32 PM
the story was to cut up and kind of a waste of time to watch just a filler:-/ and cmon peacock chakra ???

Rhanfahl
Tue, 04-04-2006, 01:38 PM
Well, I said I'd be back in April since that's when things are supposed to start back up again...so here I am after what was it....six months of being away. I don't know what has gone on with the filler nor do I really care. But I've been away for a long long time. (Nice new format for the site! Props to you guys for totally kicking ass once again). Anyone hear when the real stuff is supposed to start back? I just heard April, so here I am. Catch ya later guys.

IFHTT
Tue, 04-04-2006, 02:09 PM
Hopefully the beginning of May...:rolleyes:

Though there is no guarentee. And DB subs are still going on about 23 more eps of filler, but most people think they are just BSing. This weeks episode is supposed to be the start of a new opening and ending sequence so hopefully that will shed some light on the matter...

heero
Tue, 04-04-2006, 02:22 PM
Its funny how they sent a bunch of children to protect the star when they know that everyone is after it :rolleyes:

Kraco
Tue, 04-04-2006, 02:52 PM
Just out of courtesy. They gotta pretend as if they cared about their remote ally, and so they needed to sent somebody, this time the children. And we already saw the rock is worth nothing in reality. If it was a really important object, it wouldn't have been just a handful of good for nothing kids guarding it in the first place. I mean, even Naruto could have stolen the bloody thing.

RyougaZell
Tue, 04-04-2006, 03:04 PM
Good point Kraco heh.
Heck, even Konohamaru could have stolen it.

13 hours and a half (at the hour of this post) for the new opening to premiere in Japan.
Hopefully it will be spoilerish... like shadows or something... like the 4th opening with Itachi and Tsunade

poopdeville
Tue, 04-04-2006, 10:26 PM
Horrible. Generic Naruto stupidity, fucking Orochimaru ties, ...
Worthless.

What tie? Naruto is retarded. There is absolutely no evidence that Orochimaru is interested in the stone, despite what Naruto said.

Edit: Dude, what the fuck? I got like -10 karma points for asking this question. If you have something to say, say it. Don't be a little shithead. Yes, I am talking to you, whoever modded me down.

bxgreatone87
Tue, 04-04-2006, 11:36 PM
i dont even care about this episode or the next one for that matter all that i care about is the opening and ending to the next episodes so we can finally know what in store for naruto and if it looks like only more fillers i wont be watching for a long time >.<