PDA

View Full Version : Akatsuki

Zidarri the Exile
Sun, 03-26-2006, 01:48 AM
I was wondering if anyone knows the names of all Akatsuki members? I only know Itachi, Kisame, Sasori, and Deidara*sp*.

Also, besides their search for Jinchuuriki's, what else do you think they are planning?

LaZie
Sun, 03-26-2006, 02:31 AM
There is the guy named Zetsu and the guy who wants to join Akatsuki named Tobi :p

Zidarri the Exile
Sun, 03-26-2006, 02:36 AM
Is Zetsu the plant guy, the one who hides and uses plants to spy?

LaZie
Sun, 03-26-2006, 02:59 AM
Is Zetsu the plant guy, the one who hides and uses plants to spy?

Yup, thats the guy :D

Zidarri the Exile
Sun, 03-26-2006, 09:42 AM
I thought it sounded familiar. ^_^

gr3atfull
Thu, 03-30-2006, 08:52 PM
I was wondering if Akatsuki had any meaning?

XanBcoo
Thu, 03-30-2006, 08:59 PM
If you are referring to the word "Akatsuki" then it means "Red Moon" in Japanese (Aka = red, tsuki = moon).

If you are referring to the group's overall purpose, then they are teh Ev1l n1nj4 Gr00p composed of nine members that Sasuke's brother is a part of. Because of their strength and overall goal, they pose quite a threat to our heroes.

Terracosmo
Thu, 03-30-2006, 09:07 PM
Akatsuki also means dawn/daybreak.

Get it? Red? Dawn? The power of linguistics!

The names of the remaining members have yet to be revealed.

bagandscalpel
Fri, 03-31-2006, 01:44 AM
Oh, and if it helps, Akatsuki is where the Prinnies go to be cleansed of their past transgressions and be reborn for a chance of a better life, DOOD!

Hm, guess it's about time I start working on the theory that Akatsuki leader is actually a Prinny within a black cloak.

gr3atfull
Fri, 03-31-2006, 07:07 AM
@XanBcoo:
Thanks. I was referring to the word. I was a bit curious since it was also a gundam name.

samsonlonghair
Mon, 04-03-2006, 04:59 AM
Obviously the leader of Akatsuki is Naruto in the future. Ten years from now, Gaara will steal away Naruto's girl. Sakura, Kakashi, Gai, Lee, Naji, and Ten Ten will steal Naruto's Ramen. To prevent all this from happening Naruto uses his Kyuubi power to travel back in time and try to kill them all.

Duh. Everyone knows that.

RyougaZell
Tue, 04-04-2006, 06:58 PM
If you are referring to the word "Akatsuki" then it means "Red Moon" in Japanese (Aka = red, tsuki = moon).

If you are referring to the group's overall purpose, then they are teh Ev1l n1nj4 Gr00p composed of nine members that Sasuke's brother is a part of. Because of their strength and overall goal, they pose quite a threat to our heroes.

Actually.... Red Moon is Akaitsuki. With an "i" in the middle.

Like Terra says some posts after yours, Akatsuki means Dawn.
That is why they have red clouds on their cloaks.

gr3atfull
Tue, 04-04-2006, 07:41 PM
One more question, but its off topic.
What does Akatsuki no Kuruma (the song in GS) means? People told me the translation in english is Wheel of Destiny or Dawn's Carriage.

Terracosmo
Tue, 04-04-2006, 08:04 PM
The same japanese words have the ability to mean a multitude of different things, but yeah, Dawn's Carriage would be a literal translation.

Kuruma is for example also used for "car". Basically something to travel in.

gr3atfull
Tue, 04-04-2006, 09:12 PM
^ Thanks for the translation! I was wondering the whole time what it meant. Thanks!

XanBcoo
Tue, 04-04-2006, 10:51 PM
Actually.... Red Moon is Akaitsuki. With an "i" in the middle.

Like Terra says some posts after yours, Akatsuki means Dawn.
That is why they have red clouds on their cloaks.
Ah, you are right. I suppose I was just going off of a very basic understanding of Japanese thinking that compound words worked like they do in English. Thanks for the info.

RyougaZell
Tue, 04-04-2006, 11:54 PM
Ah, you are right. I suppose I was just going off of a very basic understanding of Japanese thinking that compound words worked like they do in English. Thanks for the info.

No problem, in fact I made the same mistake some time ago.
A friend that studied japanese corrected me though.
Then I payed attention to the song in Disgaea, and in fact they said Akaitsuki.

isso
Sun, 06-03-2007, 03:28 PM
I've been thinking and i would like to know what you think of this thought I got..

What if, the leader of Akatsuki is...... the third Kazekage, he was immensly strong and his corpse was never found thus the villagers beleived him to be dead, perhaps he knows the way of eternal life or just how to prolong his own..

:confused:

KCMmmmm
Sun, 06-03-2007, 04:03 PM
I've been thinking and i would like to know what you think of this thought I got..

What if, the leader of Akatsuki is...... the third Kazekage, he was immensly strong and his corpse was never found thus the villagers beleived him to be dead, perhaps he knows the way of eternal life or just how to prolong his own..

In the manga, the Third Kazekage's "body" has been revealed, and I think it should effectively disprove this theory in the future for the anime-only viewers.

animus
Sun, 06-03-2007, 06:40 PM

Might've wanted to posted that in the Naruto section instead of the Open discussion, where spoilers are welcome. Unless, you want to be spoiled that is.

isso
Mon, 06-04-2007, 05:32 AM
Thanks for replying!
:/ hmmm... who could it be...

darkshadow
Mon, 06-04-2007, 08:31 AM
has it ever occurred to you, that it might be simply a new character?
Everyone wants it to be someone special, but that's no fun imo

Konohamaru
Mon, 06-04-2007, 11:14 AM
wonder what they'll call akatsuki in the english dubs.

Yukimura
Mon, 06-04-2007, 02:09 PM
Download them and find out. Itachi says the name of the group around ep 85 or so and the dubs are on most of the public bt trackers up to 90+.

XanBcoo
Tue, 06-05-2007, 04:23 AM
wonder what they'll call akatsuki in the english dubs.
They call it Akatsuki, and pronounce it correctly with the emphasis on the 2nd syllable of the 3.

animus
Tue, 06-05-2007, 06:59 AM
They probably pronounce Akatsuki like (Ah-Kaht-Soo-Kee). For that matter do they pronounce Sasuke literally as well as in (Sah-Soo-Kee) rather than (Sah-Skay)?

The Heretic Azazel
Tue, 06-05-2007, 02:32 PM
Xan just said how they pronounce it. They pronounce Sasuke well too. I think even the anti-dub elite could appreciate the efforts of the American dub. They use the Japanese version of quite a few words, which is especially surprising since it's in a block aimed at younger viewers. They even substituted Kekkei Genkai for bloodline limit.

animus
Tue, 06-05-2007, 02:40 PM
Xan just said how they pronounce it. They pronounce Sasuke well too. I think even the anti-dub elite could appreciate the efforts of the American dub. They use the Japanese version of quite a few words, which is especially surprising since it's in a block aimed at younger viewers. They even substituted Kekkei Genkai for bloodline limit.

I guess, but his explanation wasn't really clear.

They call it Akatsuki, and pronounce it correctly with the emphasis on the 2nd syllable of the 3.

I interpretted that as them putting more audio emphasis like such (ah-KAHT-ski). I wasn't sure because he didn't say if they made the U silent.

KCMmmmm
Wed, 06-06-2007, 04:33 PM

On the other hand, they seem to have interpreted 'dattebayo' to mean "Believe it!"

BananaFob
Wed, 06-06-2007, 06:01 PM
On the other hand, they seem to have interpreted 'dattebayo' to mean "Believe it!"

Maybe because it would sound too awkward. For example, it would be like having Spongebob still say "Fish paste", and then start speaking in French/Spanish.

Oh, and I think that Akatsuki might eventually revealed later on as a pawn group of a greater ninja group...which will extend the Naruto plot even further.

KCMmmmm
Thu, 06-07-2007, 04:24 AM
Oh, and I think that Akatsuki might eventually revealed later on as a pawn group of a greater ninja group...which will extend the Naruto plot even further.

That's an interesting idea. I believe that the Naruto series will probably end when the Akatsuki storyline has ended, however it would be great if they were working under another group. Even better, in my opinion, if even Akatsuki didn't know they were secretly being controlled behind the scenes. If another arc follows the current one, and they intend to seamlessly move into it, then I think you might have found the single best option to do it.

$0ft*
Sat, 06-09-2007, 08:00 PM

my theory:
Orocimaru used the mind transfering tehnic on third kazekage, thats how he got the sand armys rebelling in chuunin exams... it also explain that when one of the konoha jounin asked one of the sand jounins " is orochimaru behind this?", the sand jounin didn't know who was behind it...
The leader of Akatsuki is Kabuto(IMO)

BananaFob
Sat, 06-09-2007, 09:26 PM
my theory:
Orocimaru used the mind transfering tehnic on third kazekage, thats how he got the sand armys rebelling in chuunin exams... it also explain that when one of the konoha jounin asked one of the sand jounins " is orochimaru behind this?", the sand jounin didn't know who was behind it...
The leader of Akatsuki is Kabuto(IMO)

No, he didn't. Sasori had mind-controlled the third Kazekage and uses him as a puppet against Sakura and Chiyo in their battle. If you had remembered correctly, Orochimaru had killed Gaara's father (the fourth Kazekage) a long time ago before the Chuunin exams. From there, he took his identity and gave instructions out to the Sand Ninja to work with Sound Ninja to invade Konoha.

And no, it's highly, highly unlikely that Kabuto is the Akatsuki leader when:

1) Akatsuki Leader doesn't seem to have glasses through the hologram of him
2) Their eyes look very different
3) Akatsuki Leader wanted to kill Orochimaru in the first place
4) Kabuto worships Orochimaru like a God and would do anything for him
5) Kabuto had integrated parts of Orochimaru inside of him at the current plot of the Manga

$0ft*
Sun, 06-10-2007, 12:40 AM
well sry about the kazekage theory( i haven't seen all episodes yet), but kabuto could be leader of akatsuki , maybe he dosn't even need the glasses...

KCMmmmm
Sun, 06-10-2007, 12:49 AM
well sry about the kazekage theory( i haven't seen all episodes yet), but kabuto could be leader of akatsuki , maybe he dosn't even need the glasses...

Well, another point is that the leader of Akatsuki supposedly has orange hair. Anyway, are you a manga reader, or just an anime-viewer? Your last post makes me think the latter. Keep in mind, this particular section allows manga spoilers (and the Naruto manga is very far ahead of the current anime chapter). So, I just want to make sure you don't get yourself spoiled by accident. If that's not the case, I didn't mean to offend you....but you should definitely catch up to the manga, otherwise you'll be spoiled anyway.

$0ft*
Sun, 06-10-2007, 07:45 AM
Well, another point is that the leader of Akatsuki supposedly has orange hair. Anyway, are you a manga reader, or just an anime-viewer? Your last post makes me think the latter. Keep in mind, this particular section allows manga spoilers (and the Naruto manga is very far ahead of the current anime chapter). So, I just want to make sure you don't get yourself spoiled by accident. If that's not the case, I didn't mean to offend you....but you should definitely catch up to the manga, otherwise you'll be spoiled anyway.

anime viewer! well when i get little tips from here and there, it will be even more interesting seeing them in anime... and my posts are from anime's point of eye...

animus
Sun, 06-10-2007, 01:21 PM
Then you shouldn't be posting here unless you want to be spoiled, since you're an anime-only viewer.

$0ft*
Sun, 06-10-2007, 02:59 PM
Then you shouldn't be posting here unless you want to be spoiled, since you're an anime-only viewer.

as i said in last post, its ok

12345p
Mon, 06-11-2007, 12:17 PM
What do you other forum members think of the theory of Tobi actually being Jiraiya, or some sort of advanced Jiraiya shadow clone?

I ask for feedback about this because of

1. how Jiraiya been able to gather information about Akatsuki and related activities...

For example, Jiraiya's advanced knowledge about the kidnapping of Gaara, also the fact gathered recently from the anime when Deidara found out that it was Jiraiya that gave the Sand the early warning

2. Shadow clone possibilities from the incredibly fast Sasuke attack: The big cloak and the mask could hide any phase in/out requirements from the stab wound.

Conversely, Jiraiya could be in the cloak and the mask and using a shadow clone to be somewhere where he's infact not. Even training Naruto over the three years - I mean, in all of training sessions we've seen of Naruto and Jiraiya being together, it's not like Naruto has attempted to beat-up his instructor (and thus releasing his shadow clone). Also, from the anime (I haven't read that far back in the manga) I remember Naruto specifically stating in the Naruto - Neji fight that he purposely kept a shadow clone lying on the ground covering the hole before breaking out of the ground and upper-cutting Neji as the victory move.

3. Also, Tobi's done absolutely nothing to show any techniques that might reveal who he truly is. Could that be on purpose?

Opinions, please
PS. The swirl mask begs to me of the rasengan all the while hidding the Identity - basically mocking the Akatsuki every time he's in their presence.

KCMmmmm
Mon, 06-11-2007, 04:03 PM
Conversely, Jiraiya could be in the cloak and the mask and using a shadow clone to be somewhere where he's infact not. Even training Naruto over the three years - I mean, in all of training sessions we've seen of Naruto and Jiraiya being together, it's not like Naruto has attempted to beat-up his instructor (and thus releasing his shadow clone). Also, from the anime (I haven't read that far back in the manga) I remember Naruto specifically stating in the Naruto - Neji fight that he purposely kept a shadow clone lying on the ground covering the hole before breaking out of the ground and upper-cutting Neji as the victory move.

Actually, untrue. In one particular chapter, Jiraiya states that he's only come close to dieing twice: when Tsunade caught him peeking at her bathing, and when Naruto released the fourth tail of the Kyuubi. This was the chapter when Naruto, Sai, Sakura, and Yamato went to find Sasuke (Kakashi was still in the hospital bed). He shows his chest, where an enormous scar is spread across it, supposedly caused by Naruto. I don't think there's any chance of it being true.

itadakimasu
Thu, 06-14-2007, 02:18 PM
That part of the storyline was just so cool.

I couldn't stop laughing when i first read the chapter when he talks about the only times he has come close to death. Its going to be so awesome when the anime catches up to that point.

dark maginn
Thu, 06-14-2007, 09:01 PM
the akatsuki leader could be narutos dad, they look similar

mage
Fri, 06-15-2007, 11:24 AM
How can you say they look similar when you've never even seen his face?

EinReB23
Fri, 06-15-2007, 08:43 PM
Akatsuki leader's eyes looks like Kurenai's (with rings around the iris)

dark maginn
Mon, 06-18-2007, 10:20 PM
How can you say they look similar when you've never even seen his face?
they look similar , the hair and eyes

itadakimasu
Tue, 06-19-2007, 01:21 PM
well, narutos father would not have the kyuubi in him and wouldn't have those eyes....

sorry, i dont have any guesses or speculations to contribute to the who is the leader of akatsuki argument.