PDA

View Full Version : Whatpulse

KitKat
Wed, 03-22-2006, 01:40 AM
I've been a part of Whatpulse for almost a year now. First, it was just out of curiosity to know how much I actually typed in a day. I used to be on this one team, but it was pretty lame. So, I decided to create a Gotwoot team! I know you guys type a lot. The more we type, the more the ranking of our team increases!

So here's what you do:
1) Go to http://whatpulse.org
2) Sign up on the site
3) Download the whatpulse client
4) Go to Teams, and search for the Gotwoot team, and then join!

It doesn't really serve any purpose at all, but it's pretty fun. We'll get to see who actually types the most here. Oh, and if anyone wants to be a team manager, just let me know.

Assassin
Wed, 03-22-2006, 02:36 AM
so this is what you do with all that free time!

i guess its worth checking out. btw, does it monitor only the stuff typed in a browser, or does msn/aim/icq etc count as well?

Kraco
Wed, 03-22-2006, 03:44 AM
I hear this thing is directly connected to Echelon...

Raven
Wed, 03-22-2006, 09:02 AM
I installed it and all, but... I'm sorry, I can't do it, it's freaking me out! I keep getting the feeling I'm being watched... *shifty eyes*

KitKat
Wed, 03-22-2006, 09:25 AM
Lol, if you guys can find any hard evidence that this is suspicious or unsafe, I'd like to know. The last team I was a part of, all of them were computer programmers, and none of them had any qualms about this program, so personally I'm not too worried. The program just keeps track of anytime you press a key or click the mouse. It doesn't look at which keys you press or anything like that. It's just a fun way to keep track of how much you type, and rank yourself against others on the team.

el_boss
Wed, 03-22-2006, 12:27 PM
How do we know that you are not "one of them" KitKat? :confused:

Carnage
Wed, 03-22-2006, 04:40 PM
How do we know that you are not "one of them" KitKat? :confused:

Tsk, Tsk, silly boy! Everyone knows girls cant hack! *quickly scans computer in fear....*