PDA

View Full Version : The Short Story Thread: come and share your writing

LobsterMagnet
Tue, 03-21-2006, 12:35 AM
LobsterMagnet, this is not your day.
Massive 5x Post: FOR THE LOSE!
As a reward, you get your post DELETED! You're only not banned because the idea behind this thread is commendable.

This is a potentially great thread, and I encourage users to submit their ORIGINAL (not fan) fiction. But please do so in accordance with the rules.

Also, line breaks between paragraphs are an absolute neccessity for good writing. Nobody wants to read one giant glob of words.

GotWoot Moderator

I thought I'd start this thread for any of potential aspiring writers out there on the gotwoot boards. Hopefully this thread will grow into a place where members can to share pieces as well as receiving constructive feedback. This isn't supposed to be a fanfiction thread but rather place for real fiction (and potentially nonfiction) where new ideas can be shared. I myself am an aspiring writer. Right now my current ambition is to get published, but so far I'm still waiting for replies from several literary magazines where I sent out stories too. So I've decided to post some of my stuff here, I hope you enjoy it. Generally I enjoy writing parody and satire. Even my more serious pieces posses a dark sense of humor. This first one which I'm posting at first appears to be a fantasy but read on and you'll see that first appearances can be deceiving. I hope you enjoy reading this. I can't wait to hear your responses to it. For anyone else whose interested please feel free to contribute poems or stories that you have written and want to share as well. I have some other stuff, which I'll post latter if you guys are intersted but for now I hope you enjoy this one.

Assassin
Tue, 03-21-2006, 01:06 AM
Heres a thought....paste that in MS Word and link the file instead.

Scrolling down so much is a real pain in the ass

Hell i'll even do it for you....

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=37M7X25O

LobsterMagnet
Tue, 03-21-2006, 12:40 PM
I apologize for the 5x post. I guess from now on the protocal will be to upload stories on fileupload site like fileshare or megaupload.com Assassin thanks for taking the time to copy and paste the story into a file but rather here's the link to the original word document in all of it's cohereent line spaced glory.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2AE9NGAT

For anyone else whose interested start uploading those stories and post the link so we can start sharing and discussing.

Munsu
Wed, 03-22-2006, 08:00 PM
I'm pretty sure this new forums allows attachments to be added to the posts, go to advance and check it out.

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 03-23-2006, 02:17 PM
Here's a different shorter story added as a file attachment to the post. Hopefully someone will read it. If I remember correctly this one still has a few rough edges that need to be smoothed over, but I do hope that someone out there enjoys it. Hopefully posting file attachments will prove to be a more convient method of posting future material. Dammit I will not let this thread die off into the night!

masamuneehs
Fri, 03-31-2006, 02:40 PM
Being a social sciences major I consider writing an important tool, in all of its variations. However, I really don't believe I have the skill (nor the desire) to be a writer or anything serious like that.

Nonetheless, about a year ago I took two Creative Writing courses at my college. They were each half dedicated to poetry and half to short stories.

This is one I did where I tried to 'break the boundaries/limitations' of the modern writing format. As you know almost every piece of writing is nowadays confined to a rectangular (usually 8x11) piece of paper and strict rules on grammar, line breaks, paragraphs, etc. But that was not always the case, and this story is my attempt to break some of those borders down. (that being said, this story is almost devoid of any seriously engrossing plotline...) Hope you enjoy anyway!
race.doc (http://forums.gotwoot.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=3&stc=1&d=1143834104)