PDA

View Full Version : What's your choice beverage?

IFHTT
Sun, 03-19-2006, 06:22 AM
Post your favorite beverages. Any beverage goes, if you drink it, its game.
Edit: OH yeah forgot alcoholic!! Thanks for reminding me Terra.

Non-Alcoholic: Diet Dr. Pepper, but I like Coke more.

Alcholic: Not too picky when it comes to Alcohol... I love tequila. That shit gets me fucked up good and proper, but I love it for the feeling I get when I drink it. Nothin but straight tequila. crown and coke... thats all I can think of right now.

Terracosmo
Sun, 03-19-2006, 06:25 AM
Non-alcoholic, definitely Pepsi Max. And I do mean definitely. It is the ultimate substance. No sugar, and tastes beyond awesome. In fact I'm addicted to it, and sometimes drink 3 litres a day. I am probably going to die from cancer or something since apparently you get that from sugarfree drinks.

And when alcohol is involved, I enjoy whisky. It doesn't taste very good, but I like it nontheless. It's probably in my blood (scottish waaaay back) + my dad loves it so I'm kinda, uhh, grown up with the concept.

masamuneehs
Sun, 03-19-2006, 06:55 AM
Non-alcoholic, healthy: Water. Yup, the solvent of life baby. I drink it by the gallon. And I hate all those over-priced flavored bottled kinds like Fiji and all that. Just give me plain water for cheap (or, if you can where you live, from the tap).

Non-alcohlic, not healthy: Root Beer. I am actually notoriously known for ordering a massive order of late night munchie foods and replacing everyone's drink of choice with root beer, claiming its a mistake and drinking them all myself. Obviously I'm not allowed to order very often anymore...

If I could drink one beverage until the day I died, it'd be Root Beer. Soooo sugary and sweet it's like a party on my tongue! Too bad it's got even more sugar than Coke/Pepsi!

Honorable mention: Ginger Ale. That shit is the best readily available, inconspicuous cure for a upset stomach/hangover after a night of drinking way too much.

Favorite alcohol: Whiskey. Get the fuck out of my sight if you have any problem with that. I will finish this bottle of Jack and crack it in your face otherwise.

PSJ
Sun, 03-19-2006, 07:09 AM
Non alcoholic i have to go with Pepsi max, tastes to fucking good.

I'd like to mention mineral water with lime/lemon flavour, that shit is just awesome when you don't feel like drinking Pepsi max.

Alcoholic i have to go with Beer. There aren't many things that can beat a cold beer on a hot day. It works almost all the time, you simply can't go wrong with beer.

Kraco
Sun, 03-19-2006, 07:38 AM
Non alcholic: Pommac. Terracosmo knows this one...

Alcoholic: cloudberry liqueur. Or just Coke with rum (or is it rum with Coke).

kenren
Sun, 03-19-2006, 08:01 AM
cold sky juice ! ...

KitKat
Sun, 03-19-2006, 08:52 AM
I'm with Masa on this one. There's nothing so awesome as a glass of water. The best part is that it's free. I take my Nalgene full of water with me wherever I go.

In terms of not so healthy, I really love Dr. Pepper. And for a while I was addicted to Vanilla Coke. It was weird. The first time I drank it I hated it, and then after a while, I really loved it, and then after using it as my beverage of choice to keep me awake while writing all-night lab reports (cause I don't really like coffee or tea), I can't say that I like it as much anymore.

As for alchohol, I'm fairly partial to peach schnapps and Sprite, as well as rum and coke. I usually have beer though.

Deblas
Sun, 03-19-2006, 09:09 AM
Non alchoholic: Ice Tea, especially Nestle's brand. Can't get enough of the stuff. Sweet, and non fizzy. I hate drinks that are too fizzy. I sometimes shake up my coke bottle to remove some of it.

Alchoholic: I enjoy vodka and Coquito (I'm sure none of you know what I'm talking about :p)

rockmanj
Sun, 03-19-2006, 09:10 AM
Well, i do like water...except for the fact that it has to be either filtered or bought; but more specifically, im a fan of green tea with honey and ginseng (for strength heh heh).

And as for alcohol; i tried to stop drinking, but my ankle is killing me and i need some sort of pain relief. SOO...with that said, i'll drink almost anything, but if i want to get f-ed up and dont care about the taste, ill drink malt liquor or soju. I prefer a fine whisky, white tequila, grey goose vodka, congnac when its time for the "get down",a nice smooth gin, bacardi 151, Malibu with pineapple, kahlua with milk, or either of the russian drinks and if there's nothing else around, ill drink isopropyl alcohol.

...I'm not an alcoholic, Really.

Edort4
Sun, 03-19-2006, 09:13 AM
Non alcoholic: Coke light or limon cold tea. It depends on the situation. But I have to say that I have never tried that pepsi max your talking about.

Alcoholic: well I have problems with this because I dont like almost any alcoholic drink. And the few I tolerate have to be mixed. So I would say apple or peach liquor with lemon or orange for my favourite (it has to be cold), liquor 43 with chocolate milkshake my second and for the common beverage coke with wine.

rockmanj
Sun, 03-19-2006, 09:17 AM
coke with wine?? how did you come across that?? that's worse than grape pop and jim beam.

Edort4
Sun, 03-19-2006, 09:41 AM
Hahaha it is a very popular drink here, its called kalimotxo. Culture here is playing in group while drinking so its needed a beverage wich can be drank massively and not going comatose, it also has the advantage of the price. You can buy it in 0,75 litres cans (called katxi) for 3€ while a coke-whiskey 200ml galss is 5-6€.

Terracosmo
Sun, 03-19-2006, 09:49 AM
coke with wine?? how did you come across that?? that's worse than grape pop and jim beam.

Have you tried red wine and orange juice?

suckitdry
Sun, 03-19-2006, 10:06 AM
Where's my whiskey? I'm 'bout to get tore up!
Yes, We shall acquire some whiskey on the way to the mall.
And get tore up.
And pass out in the hot sun.

Carnage
Sun, 03-19-2006, 10:07 AM
My favorite 2 drinks would have to be coke and water. I dont like Pepsi that much, Dr. Pepper is alright, Cream Soda and Root Beer a really good, and Sprite is alright.

xDarkMaster
Sun, 03-19-2006, 10:22 AM
Coke, simple as that.

gr3atfull
Sun, 03-19-2006, 10:24 AM
I dont drink soft drinks and I dont alcohol (dont like the taste). i drink water and juices. But I do like the taste of root beer. Does tea counts too?

Deadfire
Sun, 03-19-2006, 10:38 AM
Non alcoholic: Coffee, Tea, and Dr.Pepper. Course this all depends when in the day I'm drinking this. This combo has helped me though alot of days that generally sucked

Alcoholic: Umm... well that always depends on the day. On the Vodka side of things it's a Black Russian,Screwdriver,Sex on the Beach, as well as straight. On the Rum side it's Bacardi 151, Flaming Dr. Pepper, Cherry Rum, Corkscrew, Zombie, and Rum & Dr. Pepper. There are more but at this time thats all I can remember

rockmanj
Sun, 03-19-2006, 10:43 AM
Im not a fan of red wine, so i cannot say that i have had the pleasure of that experience.

RedX1z
Sun, 03-19-2006, 11:50 AM
non alcoholic: water, pepsi, mountain dew(once in a blue moon), and gatorade.

alcoholic: hypnotic and bacardi 151.

Terracosmo
Sun, 03-19-2006, 11:53 AM
Im not a fan of red wine, so i cannot say that i have had the pleasure of that experience.

...pleasure?

It's a horrible mix :D

JD2825
Sun, 03-19-2006, 12:10 PM
Non Alcoholic: Well I'm addicted to Dr. Pepper
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j95/Paisa571/77313131.jpg
Alcoholic: I would have to say Aguardiente is you dont know what it is its because its a South American drink and in Colombia nothin starts a party like aguardiente
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j95/Paisa571/767364594.jpg

Board of Command
Sun, 03-19-2006, 12:26 PM
Frutopia Fruit Integration is the best beverage ever created.

Aeon
Sun, 03-19-2006, 12:27 PM
What's Pepsi Max? I don't think that's out near me since I never heard of it before. But Favorite sodas include Sprite, Cherry Coke, Pepsi, and Orange Soda.

Turkish-S
Sun, 03-19-2006, 12:45 PM
cold: Sprite.
Warm: coffee with milk and suger.

Aeon its pepsi light.

Terracosmo
Sun, 03-19-2006, 01:04 PM
It's not the same thing as pepsi light. The taste is different, but the concept is the same.

Sugar-free. :D

woofcat
Sun, 03-19-2006, 01:44 PM
Coke, Pepsi, any cola or soft drink.

Tequilia is nice, and as a foot note the first thing i ever got drunk with. I also like Whiskey and coke. 50 50 that is.

darkshadow
Sun, 03-19-2006, 01:52 PM
non alcoholic, healthy: aquarius gold/blue, or some nice juice ( damn i can just drink juice all day long)
non alcoholic: err, red bull, coca cola vanilla, i never drink cola, i dont even like it that much, but i think the vanilla flavour is damn tasty, sprite, ice tea
alcoholic: red label, bailey's, pińa colada

kiyonepbs
Sun, 03-19-2006, 02:27 PM
I used to drink at least two bottles of soda a day, and thought it would be impossible to give it up. But it's been several months, and I've barely touched the thing since.

Usually just water, orange juice, and various smoothies.

ChaosK
Sun, 03-19-2006, 02:35 PM
non-alcoholic: rootbeer
Alcoholic: smirnoff triple black ice, or a martini is nice, some strawberry daquari with shots of tequila is good too.:D

IFHTT
Sun, 03-19-2006, 02:44 PM
Great diverse answers guys! Keep 'em coming! I'll add to mine.
Non-Alcoholic: Any juices, doesn't matter... if they make it, its delicious.
Alcoholic: Vodka mixed with different juices. Screwdrivers are awesome too.

el_boss
Sun, 03-19-2006, 05:45 PM
The, tea, te or however you choose to spell it. I've started to enjoy this more and more lately. Soft drink, I guess Zingo. Human blood and also I drink alot of milk.

Kraco
Sun, 03-19-2006, 07:15 PM
Human blood and also I drink alot of milk.

Human blood and human milk?

rockmanj
Sun, 03-19-2006, 08:17 PM
Oh yea, i forgot about banana milk.

RedX1z
Sun, 03-19-2006, 08:31 PM
you can't live in korea and not drink banana milk, especially after a shower. it's like an unwritten rule.

dragonrage
Sun, 03-19-2006, 08:44 PM
recently its is WATER the source of all life and if its from the tap i don't mind, hey if it don't kill ya it makes you stronger and in that fact it is better lol..... i use to drink alot of coca cola like about 8-10 litres per week ( yep was addicted to caffine)then i just stopped...wow that was long ago.

something to wash down the chow other than water GINGER ALE or FRUIT PUNCH,the good stuff. gotta be chilled for maximum pleasure...

and now alcohol: corona, if i am just chilling with my friends and i have to drink to satisfy their wishes. but i gotta admit outa all the beers i have drank corona is gooood... if i am looking to get buzzed henessey, johnny walker black, hypnotic, grey goose, absolut vodka,jagamister (sorry can't spell it but it is good) ..... not a big fan of tequilla but quevo gold is alright.

Nai
Sun, 03-19-2006, 10:35 PM
Coke, juice and occasionally some mineral water is all I ever drink.

Yes, I'm a dreadfully boring person.

Board of Command
Sun, 03-19-2006, 10:44 PM
something to wash down the chow other than water GINGER ALE or FRUIT PUNCH,the good stuff. gotta be chilled for maximum pleasure...

I usually try to avoid ginger ale because it makes me gassy, more so than other carbonated drinks.

RedX1z
Sun, 03-19-2006, 10:47 PM
Coke, juice and occasionally some mineral water is all I ever drink.

Yes, I'm a dreadfully boring person.

don't think of yourself as a boring person, now. the fact that you don't drink at all is a good thing and you probably make up for it else where, i think..

dragonrage
Sun, 03-19-2006, 11:04 PM
@nai: UltxdarkredX1 is right you don't have to drink to be exciting and don't be presusred by anyone to drink if you don't want to.... it maybe be kinda weird coming from me lol... i started drink cause of peer pressure; use to work at a night club and there were always after work parties and being the youngest person in an adult crowd kinda sucked but the parties were great and the girls were hot... thats how i came to know all those alcohol..... i usually don't drink at all and if i do its mostly corona or smirnoff ice or malta (that is freaking sweeeet non alcoholic beverage)... but when the moon is blue and i am too.... then the hard stuff comes out amazingly never had a hang over or lose track of who i am, there is just a unstrung me and its time for reflection... all the girl that have tried to get me shit faced ended up that way instead and it ended with me never hanging out with them again lol.

@BOC: you are the first i heard that ginger ale or fruit juice does that too.... you are missing out man, it is gooood....... next best thing to water.... on the rocks, straight up... lol

rockmanj
Sun, 03-19-2006, 11:06 PM
:confused:
you can't live in korea and not drink banana milk, especially after a shower. it's like an unwritten rule.

Shower?? Uh, ive never done that one.

Board of Command
Sun, 03-19-2006, 11:10 PM
@BOC: you are the first i heard that ginger ale or fruit juice does that too.... you are missing out man, it is gooood....... next best thing to water.... on the rocks, straight up... lol
No I drink juice all the time. In fact, it probably accounts for around 90% of the stuff I drink. I occasionally drink ginger ale because my mom buys it, and I admit it's good. Just makes me gassy.

The Heretic Azazel
Sun, 03-19-2006, 11:14 PM
Orange juice and Natural Ice.

Oh, not the combination.. I just looooove OJ and slamming NI.

Kraco
Mon, 03-20-2006, 03:12 AM
Oh yea, i forgot about banana milk.

What is that exactly? Just milk and banana (and some sugar containing substance) and a blender, or is it the name for some more special drink?

samsonlonghair
Mon, 03-20-2006, 03:36 AM
I drink a tremendous amount of orange juice.

As for alchohol, I prefer dark rums.

rockmanj
Mon, 03-20-2006, 07:40 AM
What is that exactly? Just milk and banana (and some sugar containing substance) and a blender, or is it the name for some more special drink?

Its basically just banana flavored milk. you can buy it at almost any store.

Eurasian
Mon, 03-20-2006, 10:09 AM
mmm banana milk but I <3 papaya milk even more!!

Psyke
Mon, 03-20-2006, 10:52 AM
Iced Milo. :)

I'm not sure if you guys know what I'm referring to here. But anyway, no fave alchoholic drink for me cause I don't like to drink.

XanBcoo
Mon, 03-20-2006, 03:34 PM
I used to like banana milk as well. Also strawberry, but my favorite is chocolate milk. I sound like a little kid saying that, but it's probably my favorite drink. I prefer the ready-made kind, because the powder is often hard to completely mix up properly.

My favorite soda is Dr. Pepper or Pibb Xtra (formerly Mr. Pibb...don't know what they changed). I also drink V8 Splash by the gallon. Strawberry banana flavor.

IFHTT
Mon, 03-20-2006, 03:37 PM
Ohhh Banana milk!! I remember Nestle used to make those flavored milks. Those were awesome. I haven't had any strawberry milk in years. I'm hitting up the store after work :D
Chocolate milk is the shit too.

Phoenix20578
Mon, 03-20-2006, 03:58 PM
Non-alcoholic: Arizona RX. This shit is amazing. If you've never had it, go buy a can. It's only a dollar.

Alcoholic: Tie between Bacardi Hurricane and straight vodka. Hurricane because it tastes awsome, and vodka acuse it gives a great feeling after you take a shot of it.

gr3atfull
Mon, 03-20-2006, 04:31 PM
Oh my gosh. How could I ever forget Cappucino Glacé from Tim Hortons!?!

Splash!
Mon, 03-20-2006, 05:34 PM
French Vanilla Coffee kicks ass

Buffalobiian
Thu, 11-17-2011, 12:34 PM
Non-alcoholic: Water, Coke Zero, Orange Juice.

Alcoholic:

-Beer: Crown, Blue Tongue, James Boag Pure, Cooper's Pale Ale, Toohey's Old. Dislike: Corona, Hahn's Super Dry.. other bland-ish beers.

-Spirits: only liked scotch and cognac initially, but have started to like bourbons more and more. Favourite one right now would be Jack Daniel's Single Barrel.

Do like a bit of tawny as well.. will need to try some better red wines as well. Haven't exactly liked much whites..

And not a fan of softdrink-mixed drinks or vodka.

Deadlift
Thu, 11-17-2011, 12:54 PM
Non-Alcoholic: Green Tea (Anti-oxidants FTW), Vanilla Muscle Milk, and one that I really miss back from the 90's is Orbitz that drink that looked like a lava lamp.

Alcoholic: Beer: Red Baron (from a local brewery), Vodka & Redbull, or Whisky & Barlime

Xelbair
Thu, 11-17-2011, 01:25 PM
non-alcoholic: water, green tea,mint tea, orange juice, mirinda(FTW!)

Alcoholic: beer - Belfast(Polish beer), Ciechan(polish beer), Baltic Porter; scotch - generally; sweet wines are cool too; hate: Jack Daniels no.7, vodka .

Marik
Thu, 11-17-2011, 01:49 PM
Strawberry Soda (Welch's or Fanta) and Lipton Brisk Lemon Iced Tea.

fahoumh
Thu, 11-17-2011, 02:53 PM
Canada Dry Ginger Ale is by far and away my favourite soda but recently I've become a sucker for those Aloe Vera drinks.

darkshadow
Thu, 11-17-2011, 04:04 PM
non alcoholic, healthy: aquarius gold/blue, or some nice juice ( damn i can just drink juice all day long)
non alcoholic: err, red bull, coca cola vanilla, i never drink cola, i dont even like it that much, but i think the vanilla flavour is damn tasty, sprite, ice tea
alcoholic: red label, bailey's, pińa colada

This should be changed to :
non alcoholic: ice tea green, juice.
alcoholic: rum(malibu).

Ryllharu
Thu, 11-17-2011, 04:17 PM
Non-alcoholic: Water, black teas, Lapsang souchong (super smoky flavor), darjeeling teas, darker oolong teas, and sweet cider.

Alcoholic: most varieties of Scotch whisky (only had two so far I didn't like), bourbon whiskeys (but I hate the ones with added flavors), potato vodka, brandy, Southern Comfort, hard ciders. Not really a fan of beer, but I do love porters and my friend's homebrews.

gos27
Thu, 11-17-2011, 04:52 PM
Non-acoholic: water, milk, lucozade (non fizzy), orange juice and a few others...

Alcoholic: Brahma, Heineken, Miller, Foster's and a few others...

Can't think of any when I'm trying to think of them :p

Xelbair
Thu, 11-17-2011, 05:29 PM
Non-acoholic: water, milk, lucozade (non fizzy), orange juice and a few others...

Alcoholic: Brahma, Heineken, Miller, Foster's and a few others...

Can't think of any when I'm trying to think of them :p
You live in Ireland and you drink this? poor soul.

gos27
Thu, 11-17-2011, 05:46 PM
You live in Ireland and you drink this? poor soul.

What's wrong with Heineken? It's the bomb!

Xelbair
Thu, 11-17-2011, 06:38 PM
it is probably the worst tasting beer overall - it tastes literally like a piss, not a beer.

gos27
Thu, 11-17-2011, 07:26 PM
it is probably the worst tasting beer overall - it tastes literally like a piss, not a beer.

Haha, that's just what I'm into I suppose :p

RyougaZell
Thu, 11-17-2011, 08:01 PM
Non-alcoholic: Water (non-purified), Coke, Pepsi, Dr Pepper, Joya Durazno, Joya Ponche, Joya Naranja (Joya is a local brand)

Alcoholic: Tecate Light, Miller Light, Tequila, Clamato with Vodka, Clamato with Beer, Clamato with Tequila

rockmanj
Thu, 11-17-2011, 08:04 PM
Did not know there was a Tecate Light, and that Clamato reminds me of my Mexican friends' insistence that I mix it with booze. Lately I have been drinking a lot of stouts and strong Belgian Ales. My favorite beer these days has to be Maudite (http://www.unibroue.com/en/beers/maudite/) from Unibroque in Quebec.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 11-17-2011, 08:13 PM
Coke Zero and brandy. That's it. Maybe water for survival.

I am not exaggerating.

RyougaZell
Thu, 11-17-2011, 08:22 PM
Did not know there was a Tecate Light, and that Clamato reminds me of my Mexican friends' insistence that I mix it with booze. Lately I have been drinking a lot of stouts and strong Belgian Ales. My favorite beer these days has to be Maudite (http://www.unibroue.com/en/beers/maudite/) from Unibroque in Quebec.

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/6858/tecatelight.jpg

I usually prepare some Clamato with lemon, salt, pepper, salsa de la viuda, english sauce, tabasco sauce and with either a tecate light, a shot of vodka or a shot of tequila

Buffalobiian
Thu, 11-17-2011, 09:14 PM
Anyone here had JW Double Black? It must have come off Duty-Free-Exclusive recently because our store has started ranging it now.

Dark Dragon
Thu, 11-17-2011, 10:39 PM
Water, Juice and Tea

Alcoholic: Kahlua and Firefly for chill drinks.

Deadlift
Thu, 11-17-2011, 11:04 PM

there is no way heineken is the worst beer, coors light is by far the most disgusting beer ever produced by man-kind

fahoumh
Fri, 11-18-2011, 01:34 AM
there is no way heineken is the worst beer, coors light is by far the most disgusting beer ever produced by man-kindThen you probably haven't had beer from either Laker or Lakeport. Their stuff is even worse, IMO...one of the few beers I can never finish and I almost never waste a beer.

Deadlift
Fri, 11-18-2011, 02:06 AM
Then you probably haven't had beer from either Laker or Lakeport. Their stuff is even worse, IMO...one of the few beers I can never finish and I almost never waste a beer.

I have never tried it, but by the sounds of your description I'm glad I haven't, I couldn't bear the thought of not finishing a beer .. it's alcohol abuse :p

Buffalobiian
Fri, 11-18-2011, 06:40 AM
I have never tried it, but by the sounds of your description I'm glad I haven't, I couldn't bear the thought of not finishing a beer .. it's alcohol abuse :p

I had to tip out my Guinness. The only other beer I tipped out was Amsterdam. (I think that one might be some sort of Export Only beer)

Xelbair
Fri, 11-18-2011, 12:46 PM
Seriously - even the most cheap local beer(priced approx 1,2 PLN, which is 0,3euro. Yes, 0,3euro. And it is rounded up) tastes better than heineken... if there is something even worse than it...

gos27
Sat, 11-19-2011, 12:44 PM
Seriously - even the most cheap local beer(priced approx 1,2 PLN, which is 0,3euro. Yes, 0,3euro. And it is rounded up) tastes better than heineken... if there is something even worse than it...
That's just your preference, I enjoy Heineken and so do many other people, after all it is the most popular beer worldwide (AFAIK).

rockmanj
Tue, 11-22-2011, 02:06 AM
That's just your preference, I enjoy Heineken and so do many other people, after all it is the most popular beer worldwide (AFAIK).

I think it is a matter of preference. But if you go by the "technical" categories of beer, I don't think ol' Heinie would score the worst. I would say it is very average (http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/81/246). I still cannot believe that some bars here charge $10 for a single bottle. That is robbery.

Dark Dragon
Sat, 11-26-2011, 03:37 AM
I really hate Heineken, but i don't think it come anywhere close to being the worst beer. You need to start trying some of the really cheap beer from Walgreen if you want to even begin tasting the worst beer.

IFHTT
Sun, 11-27-2011, 01:56 AM
Steel Reserve is pretty terrible. Comparable to what I would imagine it tastes like to drink liquid ashtray.

David75
Sun, 11-27-2011, 09:55 AM
Usually water, but no tap water thanks. My preference goes to Evian or Volvic.

Espresso,
not the ones you get in a bar that are either too light or burnt with no crema at all. I mean the Italian Espresso you'd get in Roma, Venice, Florence, Capri from an average Barista. First time you try, you even wonder wether it is coffee you're drinking.
No sugar into such a nectar. I'm currently thinking of acquiring the tools and knowledge to try and have similar espressi at home. It just costs a lot of money and time for something that seems so simple (but is in fact very tricky)

Other than that, light teas with aerian aromas. Mint (light ones), citrus and the like aromas.
Some herbal teas, I like some of the ayurvedic types. Not that I'm into the culture behind, only
I like the taste and feeling. It so happens we have a nice brand having lots of types based in France.

No soft drinks, thanks. After like 5 to 10 years without approaching it, I recently had a small glass of coke and it is incredible how sugary and thick it felt. So much I wondered how I was able to drink that as a kid.
At some point, I liked Schweppes for its bitterness, but too much sugar for me now.

No alcohol, never felt affinity with such beverages, regardless of prices/hype and culture associated.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 11-27-2011, 03:49 PM
I've recently read that one of the suspected reasons that men have less mental illnesses than women is that men self-medicate with alcohol.

I think it sounds plausible. what do you guys think?

XanBcoo
Sun, 11-27-2011, 03:50 PM
I think that sounds like bullshit.

Link?

David75
Sun, 11-27-2011, 04:06 PM
Well the "theory" goes like this:
Natural selection only let the better/stronger survive. By continuously eliminating less performing brain cells, alcohol helps people having sharper brains :D

For mental illness and women, i'd search for burning out, hormonal disorders, abuse and the likes.

dragonrage
Thu, 12-01-2011, 12:34 AM
recently its is WATER the source of all life and if its from the tap i don't mind, hey if it don't kill ya it makes you stronger and in that fact it is better lol..... i use to drink alot of coca cola like about 8-10 litres per week ( yep was addicted to caffine)then i just stopped...wow that was long ago.

and now alcohol: corona, if i am just chilling with my friends and i have to drink to satisfy their wishes. but i gotta admit outa all the beers i have drank corona is gooood... if i am looking to get buzzed henessey, johnny walker black, hypnotic, grey goose, absolut vodka,jagamister (sorry can't spell it but it is good) ..... not a big fan of tequilla but quevo gold is alright.

Adding to the list: Johnny Walker Green (straight), Malibu and Pineapple, Grey Goose and Pineapple, Sake and Sapparo mix, Patron Silver, Modelo negra. Also started drinking Guiness; not often but it's not bad.

erika08
Fri, 12-09-2011, 03:26 AM
for non alcoholic I like water, soda, coffee, and fruit juice, I love fruit juice because they are so healthy.
and for alcoholic drink I like wines specially the red wines.

Ssikkek Korea BBQ (http://sg.openrice.com/singapore/restaurant/sr2.htm?shopid=23054)

Xelbair
Sun, 12-18-2011, 12:15 PM
I've found something that removed the beer from the 'best type of beverage' spot - mead. I've drank only the one that has 1 part honey 2 parts water(known as Trojniak over here), but it degraded beer to the second spot. I'll need to try 1honey/1water and 1honey/0,5water types too(known as Dwójniak and Półtorak respectively over here('ó' is read in same way as 'u' in You for example).

poopdeville
Sun, 12-18-2011, 12:55 PM
I work at a beer brewery. We make a good IPA, double alt, and double red ale. And some other stuff. I typically drink 2 pints and 2 22 oz bottles of whatever I can get my hands on every day. My favorite beer is Stone Brewery's Arrogant Bastard, but the beer I drink now is almost as good and free.

Also, Ketel One vodka is probably the best value in vodka. Way better than Absolut, and way cheaper than Grey Goose and the like.

Also, central American coffee, green tea, white tea, oolong. Cream soda is good on occasion. Jones' Soda make a decent bubble gum soda. Tap water is fine by me. I do like to bottle it and put it in the refrigerator, though.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 12-18-2011, 07:27 PM
I'm on a diet at the moment, and boy the locally made Regal Diet Cola is godsend.

It contains 8KJ (0.1% DI) and 58mg (2% DI) of sodium per serve, fills you up when you feel hungry or just need to top off a meal, feels nice and cold in summer.. and 12 cans cost $4 or so.

Kraco
Mon, 12-19-2011, 07:18 AM
No beverage, alcoholic or soft drink, over here ever calls itself "diet". If the name indicates it has reduced energy content, it's almost always "light", either in English or Finnish, or "zero" or something. "Diet" has a kind of negative connotation, really, which must be the reason. After all, you only choose a special diet after you notice something is wrong (like you are fat). A company producing something as altogether useless as a soft drink shouldn't be able to afford to associate its name with anything negative. However, seeing how "Diet Cola" is such a common term in many English speaking countries, it must be a big cultural difference.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 12-19-2011, 07:38 AM
In Australia at least, "diet-something" is probably more associated with "healthier-something", though the term is pretty much exclusive to softdrinks. "Light" is used in all other food products (or, as people would have it, "Lite").

In soft-drink terms, you'll find the word "diet" be associated with "tastes like shit". Luckily for me, my sense of taste isn't as picky as my sense of sound.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 12-26-2011, 07:37 AM
Had a '97 Grange with dad today. Honestly not sure whether I'd ever pay $600 for this myself, but it was definitely the oldest and best tasting red I've had.